Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Member Companies here on the SC forums

The Member Companies forums are somewhat new here on SCS and I was wondering how people feel about having the forums here. What are your thoughts? Do you like it? Not like it? ***Please note: I am NOT asking if you like the companies, I am asking if you like the OPEN forums for the companies.
The Member companies are as follows:
Crafty Secrets
Gina K. Designs
Jacksonbelle Embellishments
Lizzie Anne Designs
My Favorite Things
Papertrey Ink
Scor-Pal
Stamping Bella
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I would have liked for there to be more room for other companies. The list seems pretty selective. I guess I wish I knew how some member companies got in, and others did not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love it! There's always someone to answer questions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't 'used' them at all. I gues they are handy for many, but I haven't checked out their sites at all. I also don't do any shopping online.:eek: If I did, maybe I would go see what they have going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #5  
Sassy Shani

Papertrey is leaving :(

I don't think it's a question of being chosen to get in. These member companies had to pay to become a member company.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudywView Post
I would have liked for there to be more room for other companies. The list seems pretty selective. I guess I wish I knew how some member companies got in, and others did not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 01:48 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

I used to come here for SU inspiration, however now it is getting tougher and tougher to do so... I feel bombarded with "enabling" ;) ads, design team touts, and yes, the member company forums. The ads I don't mind so much as they help keep the site up and running and allow me to click IF I want to... The design team touts are getting old IMO... And I feel the member company forums don't belong here, but on their individual company websites (insert applause for PTI here)... Um, isn't that what CUSTOMER SERVICE is for? Was SCS put on this earth to handle customer service complaints, shipping information, etc? What happened to the simple "click, connect, create, community" philosophy?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by USAMooseView Post
I used to come here for SU inspiration, however now it is getting tougher and tougher to do so... I feel bombarded with "enabling" ;) ads, design team touts, and yes, the member company forums. The ads I don't mind so much as they help keep the site up and running and allow me to click IF I want to... The design team touts are getting old IMO... And I feel the member company forums don't belong here, but on their individual company websites (insert applause for PTI here)... Um, isn't that what CUSTOMER SERVICE is for? Was SCS put on this earth to handle customer service complaints, shipping information, etc? What happened to the simple "click, connect, create, community" philosophy?
I think it was for those companies that didn't have their own forums or ones that would continue to crash at release parties (as Papertrey's did). This way they could PAY to be a member company on Splitcoast, hold release parties, advertise specials, etc. to use the servers & bandwith, all the while supporting SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

I like it. I think it's fun to get to know company owners. Also, I was a SU! demo for seven years, and now I'm taking a break. I LOVE seeing what other companies have to offer!!
My A Muse Studio
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I like it for many reasons. It gives the smaller companies an affordable way to advertise. It helps SCS afford to offer this forum for free. It lets customers know what is going on and what else is available out there. It is also a fast way to get an answer to problems or questions. There are many other reasons but these are the main ones.

I offer the same thing on a forum I own and I would never change it. Because it is extremely expensive to run the forum and keep the scripts updated that the forum and gallery use (the same that is used here).

Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 02:29 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

I only visit the member forums when I have a question or to drop in on a release party. It is convenient to have company resources right here at my one-stop-stamping-fix SCS.

One thing I do think is an improvement is that it keeps all the lead up to release parties and the aftermath in one area of SCS. Before those dedicated forums came, the General Stamping forum would be overtaken with the chaos (fun of course) of all the release excitement spread over several threads for several days.

I agree that the DT hubbub can be a little much at times. I prefer to see that on the various blogs instead of here, but it's not annoying enough to keep from coming back here every day (lol)!

�Any time we can�t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.� ~Tony Blair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 02:53 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Shanon, why is papertrey leaving? Are they still going to be in business? They are my new favorite. I do like seeing all the different companies, plus SU, as I have many stampin up sets. I noticed that the blog hasn't been updated yet. I was patiently waiting until after the holidays. I'm too impatient now. I keep checking every day. It must be a tremendous amount of work to have a new company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryEileenView Post
Shanon, why is papertrey leaving? Are they still going to be in business? They are my new favorite. I do like seeing all the different companies, plus SU, as I have many stampin up sets. I noticed that the blog hasn't been updated yet. I was patiently waiting until after the holidays. I'm too impatient now. I keep checking every day. It must be a tremendous amount of work to have a new company.
There is a post in the Papertrey forum that explains the reason.
The short answer is they already have a forum on their website and do not want to maintain two separate forums.
They are not going out of business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #13  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I think they're great. I'm all for anything that helps to support this wonderful site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't mind the forums being here at all. I guess I like it. I was wondering about Papertrey and the fact they are leaving and also that the website has not been updated on a very regular basis. I love Papertrey and hope they continue to do well. I am sad to see them leave SCS.

Which brings me to a question which is slightly off topic...I am wondering how many of these companies are going to be (business-wise) okay in a few years? The competition must be fierce! There are now so many, that they must all be trying for a small piece of the pie. And while I love many of these companies, I find so many stamp sets that look the same or at least too similar to justify buying some of these sets from 2 different companies. I am thinking the companies that have really unique and cutting edge images will survive. Those that play copy-cat, (not intentional) may be in trouble.

I guess only time will tell.....

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that the forums bring SCS needed revenue and that's a good thing.

The only thing that I don't like is that I kind of forget about them! I hit this thread a lot and sometimes the tools one and don't have time to go to all the other member companies' forums. I think I preferred it when all the companies were mixed together on this regular stamping forum.

But, whatever works! If SCS is happy and the companies are happy, then that's ok!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

To stay on topic, I like having the member companies here; easy access for new products and questions, etc., fun challenges; I like that they are separate from the general discussion threads though; I'm sorry to see Papertrey leaving but I'm not surprised; I noticed lots of design team announcements lately, but since they are in the 'announcment forum' it certainly doesn't bother me! I'm sure if I was chosen for a team, I'd want to tell the world too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

subscribing

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #18  
Inking Addict

I really like having up to date information on these companies. I love to see what's coming out... what's going on....I love the banner adds. It's fun having them here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 04:10 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

For me, it's another option that Splitcoast offers. When I'm in the mood, I love to look at their new items and get in on the various chats/reveal parties. When I'm not in the mood, I go elsewhere. I've found the member companies on SCS to be made up of responsible, dedicated, generous and helpful people, who aren't trying to overwhelm the site or undermine each other. I like having choices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #20  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have loved having the member company forums. I have really enjoyed getting to know the companies and through that wanting to try to support them when financially feasible (not much right now.) I have even been thinking all the money I have saved up for SU during SAB may go to the new companies. I don't have the wish list i used to with SU and some of the new stamps I am seeing are filling up my sheet.
I have no problem with them being here on SCS. It is not an SU site, and I think the SUO listings in the gallery help all the SU only users to see projects done with SU.
I never would have discovered the fun of a release party if the companies weren't here. I don't venture around the web much.
jmho
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 04:19 PM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

I like all of the resources I find here from all companies not just SU! I have tons of SU and I like a variety. I like being able to converse with them as well. I for one am tired though of all of the negativity and criticism lately. It makes me feel bad to see someone get torched. I don't think this is what this site was created for. I wouldn't blame Papertrey for wanting to pull out of the forum with all of the nitpicking going on. It is bad for business. I think it can hurt a company when people feel they can blast them here when they haven't even waited to get a resolution from these companies. A few unhappy people are a small percentage when you look at the thousands. You can't please everyone all of the time. I fully expect to get torched myself now when someone who is bitter reads this. I rarely speak up on touchy issues because there are so many viewpoints and people deserve to have their own. I love this site and love all of the variety here.

Amen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 04:20 PM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by beadfreak22View Post
For me, it's another option that Splitcoast offers. When I'm in the mood, I love to look at their new items and get in on the various chats/reveal parties. When I'm not in the mood, I go elsewhere. I've found the member companies on SCS to be made up of responsible, dedicated, generous and helpful people, who aren't trying to overwhelm the site or undermine each other. I like having choices.
Katherine,
I'm glad to hear that most SCS members don't think we are trying in any way to undermine each other. It's actually the opposite. I talk on the phone to Nichole, Emily and Kim. I've cyber chatted with the girls from Lizzie Anne. I hope to get to meet some of the others as well.

Nichole, Emily and I have a cruise planned together and we really want and need each other to be successful.

Kim and I have talked about a future event together as well.

Emily invited to me do a challenge at her release party and I was honored and had lots of fun helping Emily promote her business. Emily, Nichole and I have sent each other stamps and have done samples using each others stamps on our blogs.

I personally love these business owners like sisters and never try to undermine or "one up" them at all. (We even warn each other if we have products coming out that might be similar in any way. LOL!) I think they feel the same way as I do.

I wasn't going to post here, but I did just want to get that out so that nobody here thinks that we are trying to pull business away from one another. On the contrary, we actually celebrate each others successes with emails and cyber hugs and we get totally caught up in each others products just like everyone else here.

I wanted to subscribe because being a member company is not an inexpensive prospect and it's important to me to find out how you guys really feel about us. You won't hurt my feelings at all if you have something negative to say. Please say what you feel. I find it to be a great learning experience.

Hugs,
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

i like having the option...

if you don't want it, don't use it.

i think it is really like any other forum/thread/topic... if it doesn't interest you, then don't read it.

that is what i do. they don't ALL interest me, so i don't read the ALL

just my 2�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

I like learning and reading about all aspects of this hobby including news about products from various businesses. It's convenient to come to SCS and find so much information in one place. So, the more the better as far as I'm concerned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

I joined SCS right about exactly the same time as the Member forums opened, so I don't know what it was like before - but I really like them. I enjoyed the release party I half participated/half lurked in and appreciate finding out about companies that living down under I wouldn't have known about otherwise. Some stamps just aren't my style (at the moment - this is always changing) so the company forums also allow me to focus in on those releasing my current fav styles.

I have really appreciated the genuine co-operation between the representatives/owners of each company, as an online business retailer myself (non stamping related sadly!) the friendly interactions I've noticed between the various companies have left me with a really positive view of the member forum system, and given me the "warm fuzzies" about the stamping community in general!

The member forums also give me an increased confidence in the companies involved. I love being able to pass on my positive experiences, and feel secure in knowing I have a point of contact should there be any hiccups with ordering etc. I look forward to enabling myself, just by scrolling down the forum list, much more in the future!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever

These companies pay good money to SCS to be on here. I love the Banner ads.. reminds me of where I have forgotten I needed to be. :}
What I need to see. I enjoy the release parties and the opportunities to peruse at my leisure what others are creating with the variety of stamps available today..

Online shopping ROCKS!

I have no issue at all with folks making mention of their accomplishments such as being on different design teams. :] They deserve it!

That's purely inspirational for the average joe stamper like myself :}

It also helps support the website ( servers and such) for which I think Daven and Tracey took a great leap of faith in starting to offer this option to companies.

It's not free, advertising costs no matter where you go.
I hope they stay.
This is where Stampers & Scrappers gather most often online is it not?? This is where they belong.

I love being able to purchase stamps, paper and things made in the USA.. Support our economy.. support our "local" business'. I dislike and worry about paper I buy then get home to see it was made in China.. how do I know it's really acid or lignin free? Should I believe it cuz it say's so? Nope, not one bit.
SO please memebr companies.. if you can afford to STAY!
I apreciate being able to do my perusingn, casing and one stop shopping all in one easy spot!
sorry for the typos my hands freeze and hurt at night :{
K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

I really like having them here. It's fun to see what all is out there and sometimes it at least gives me a starting point when I'm shopping for something in particular. I love online shopping. I also love that the owners are on here and we get in on all the new stuff coming out.

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 09:19 PM   #28  
Insane Embellisher

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's cool that I can come to one website (SCS) and see what is going on with different products. It makes it really easy to find their sites and blogs, plus I think it's fun and helpful to see the owners of the company here on the forums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm enjoying the member forums. I guess the one thing I would wish for are separate galleries for the member companies. So you could just go look at a Gina K or Stamping Bella gallery for ideas or to check out their stamps in action. I'm such a visual person I like to see what people do with stamps, but gallery searching can be tricky to find what you want!

Creativity takes courage.
--Henri Matisse
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 09:59 PM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

I think it is a wonderful change. Unfortunately, I do forget to check them out, but when I do, I'm quite pleased. Yes, it's nice to have SU inspiration, but there are so many other companies around too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by beadfreak22View Post
I agree with Katherine. It's an option. I can choose to go there if I want.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 10:23 PM   #32  
Crimping Master

I like having the forums! However, I also get a little tired of all the DTT - Design Team touting - that seems to be a frequent thing.

My blog: Stephanie B. Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 10:43 PM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

I truly like the member company forums -- one of the best things SCS has come up with in the past year. It is much easier to quickly browse here and get information and exciting details than to try to go to several blogs to see what's new.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 03:26 AM   #34  
Insane Embellisher

I like that they are here. often times I see the banner or I see the forum and hop on by, if I was out surfing the web I might not end up there. for me it is handy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 03:59 AM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

I am very happy to have the member company forums here. I don't go there all the time, but it's nice to have the option. Been to a couple of new release parties and they are so much fun! (And I have never felt pressured to buy anything as a pre-condition to joining in!)
Don't mind the design teams "blowing their horns" either. It's fun to see their work, and why shouldn't they be proud of it?
Finally, to all the SU purists out there, you need to chill. I love SU, but that doesn't mean I can't use other things too. I like to eat at the Olive Garden, but if that was the only restaurant I ever ate at I'd get pretty tired of it. Might just quit going out to eat all together. KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 04:03 AM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love hearing the positive feedback and as Gina stated, we NEED to hear the negative comments as well. This is the only way to gauge our business! I agree with Gina when stating that we ARE friends outside of our businesses and we do not compete with eachother! We ARE planning a cruise together and what advantage would it be to pit ourselves against eachother? Being a member company includes a high price.. A price that I believe Splitcoast deserves as they have helped me launch my little company and if I can give back, then it is my pleasure... they deserve it! and for their help, I am forever grateful! Having said that, Stamping Bella has been a member for 3 months and I hope we can be a part of the group a little bit longer..
just my 0.23 worth!
mwah! (kisses)
Em
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 04:07 AM   #37  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

oh yeah I forgot to mention how sweet I found it when two of the owners were touting each others companies. Although as a business it is a tough one to compete in. They have shown true respect for their "competing" companies.
I also think it is great they are having a joint cruise, I would love to be on it but not this year:( I think the variety would be great fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 04:48 AM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever
Default GinaK Has a seperate gallery on her forum here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliotstampsView Post
I'm enjoying the member forums. I guess the one thing I would wish for are separate galleries for the member companies. So you could just go look at a Gina K or Stamping Bella gallery for ideas or to check out their stamps in action. I'm such a visual person I like to see what people do with stamps, but gallery searching can be tricky to find what you want!

HTH! ;]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 05:09 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamping BellaView Post
I love hearing the positive feedback and as Gina stated, we NEED to hear the negative comments as well. This is the only way to gauge our business! I agree with Gina when stating that we ARE friends outside of our businesses and we do not compete with eachother! We ARE planning a cruise together and what advantage would it be to pit ourselves against eachother? Being a member company includes a high price.. A price that I believe Splitcoast deserves as they have helped me launch my little company and if I can give back, then it is my pleasure... they deserve it! and for their help, I am forever grateful! Having said that, Stamping Bella has been a member for 3 months and I hope we can be a part of the group a little bit longer..
just my 0.23 worth!
mwah! (kisses)
Em

so... em... between you and i- we put in a quarter! LOL

you rock by the way
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 05:21 AM   #40  
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up

Overall I like the existence of the member company forums for some of the more popular companies. I think it helps to keep the other forums 'clean'- in the past the uber-fans of various companies had nowhere else to post but general stamping/tools and products. Now they have a proper home.

Also, while this site started as an SU only place, it no longer is and the member company forums are a good way to show that.

My only complaint is in the presentation on the main forums page- I would have much preferred that there be a single main forum listed like 'member companies' with several sub forums, the same way scrapbooking is presented. As it is the main forums page is quite long, and if more companies come, it will just continue to grow and become unwieldy.
Reply With Quote Likes