Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-04-2007, 08:36 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Demo Help re joining Stampin Up

Hiya girls

I am after some experienced help from any demos out there.

What should I be doing now, we have about 9 days until the cattie goes live, we can put our demo papers in on 9th November, but I am waiting until the cattie is live as I need to change out some sets, got a couple of them already!!!!

Don't understand any of the terms stamp camps, stamp clubs etc - can anybody help me out with some advice?

Hugs

My blog - http://sillybirds.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 09:10 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

A Stamp Camp is an event that you hold to make a certain project or grouping of projects - some demos rent a space to hold it or others have them in their own home. There is usually a fee for this type of event based on the projects. If you receive any orders you would be the hostess.

A Stamp Club is a group of customers that meet on a regular basis and rotate the hostess benefits amongst themselves. Members committ to spend a minimum amount each time they meet, but no other fee is involved. You would meet in your home or the hostess's home.

A workshop is an event held by someone that invites guests that she knows to her home, she supplies the refreshments and she receives the hostess benefits. Typically, you will demonstrate 1 or 2 projects and they will do 1 or 2 projects. Then orders are placed - no fee is usually associated with this event.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 09:35 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Kathie, thank you so much

When we sign up, will we get info on how do go about doing these different events, ie project ideas etc etc?

How long do these events usually last etc?

I have so many questions, can you tell?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, you are SO lucky to be in on the ground floor of this opportunity! Of course, that also means that there might not be the same opportunity for hands-on training that some folks get over here. Still, there are many, MANY of us whose uplines don't offer help that do just fine, so I know you'll do great.

Honestly, I don't know how they work training when they open in other countries. Presumably there will be events where demos and wannabe demos can attend for training. Otherwise, Splitcoast has tons of ideas for you. Look for the thread at the top of this forum about joining the demo side of Splitcoast. There you'll find many areas full of ideas and templates for running various events and a ton of project ideas for them.

Basically you'll need to be signed up and have your access to the Stampin Up demo website. As soon as you have that, you'll be able to join us on the demo side. Don't worry...you'll find WAY more than you could probably use, lol! There's also a section for demos outside the US, since there are some differences in how things work for you. Canadian, Australian, UK, and other demos will be able to get together and chat about issues specific to them.

Most of all, prepare to have fun! You're in for some fabulous times!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Hi, Alex!!!

I pm'd you!

Diane

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 02:38 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
Oh, you are SO lucky to be in on the ground floor of this opportunity! Of course, that also means that there might not be the same opportunity for hands-on training that some folks get over here. Still, there are many, MANY of us whose uplines don't offer help that do just fine, so I know you'll do great.

Honestly, I don't know how they work training when they open in other countries. Presumably there will be events where demos and wannabe demos can attend for training. Otherwise, Splitcoast has tons of ideas for you. Look for the thread at the top of this forum about joining the demo side of Splitcoast. There you'll find many areas full of ideas and templates for running various events and a ton of project ideas for them.

Basically you'll need to be signed up and have your access to the Stampin Up demo website. As soon as you have that, you'll be able to join us on the demo side. Don't worry...you'll find WAY more than you could probably use, lol! There's also a section for demos outside the US, since there are some differences in how things work for you. Canadian, Australian, UK, and other demos will be able to get together and chat about issues specific to them.

Most of all, prepare to have fun! You're in for some fabulous times!!

Betzy thank you so much for your wonderful reply.

I am mega nervous about joining, I don't want to fall flat on my face after forking out all that money, especially just before Christmas. I suppose I am most nervous about doing cards etc that will appeal to others, I love what I make myself, but actually having to do projects in front of others is a bit daunting you know?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #7  
Glitter Queen

omg im in the same boat as you so excited but so scared at the same time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Betsy is so right - you ladies are so lucky to be on the ground floor! Remember that you love what you are showing people and it won't seem so daunting. There is a wealth of information here to help you, and lots of demos willing to help you, too. Make sure to sign up for the Demo Forums when you get your demo number - if you have no other source of support, you can find everything you need there! Good luck and have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 11:25 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by chattiekathieView Post
Betsy is so right - you ladies are so lucky to be on the ground floor! Remember that you love what you are showing people and it won't seem so daunting. There is a wealth of information here to help you, and lots of demos willing to help you, too. Make sure to sign up for the Demo Forums when you get your demo number - if you have no other source of support, you can find everything you need there! Good luck and have fun!
Thank you so much, you are totally right, I do love Stampin Up stuff, so that part of things isn't really a problem, its just the organising of the workshops and what to start out with etc that has me a bit hyperventilating!!! lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Hi Alex,
In the US starter kit, there's a DVD included which basically walks you through how to run a workshop, how to book parties, etc. I assume they'll have something similar in the UK. YOU'LL BE FINE! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2007, 03:39 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Member Company

Alex you'll do fine, it will be slow to start but these is some lush products in the catty so everyone will want them!
Who are your signing up with, I recomend Caz or Tracy at least that way you get more extras than going direct to the office, because you will get all the support the office dishes out anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2007, 04:11 AM   #12  
Embossing Fanatic

Two days to go and we can send off our forms! Mine have been filled in for weeks LOL.

I'm nervous too in case I'm the only one around here that is in the slightes bit interested in these products, but even if that's the case, then I have treated myself to a pile of stamping goodies that I can play with by myself.

From what I understand once we have joined up there will be lots of other info available to us, not least what is on the boards here (on the demo side), but info from the office here too. And I'm sure there must be a UK SU forum going to open up somewhere too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2007, 05:59 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottish StamperView Post
Alex you'll do fine, it will be slow to start but these is some lush products in the catty so everyone will want them!
Who are your signing up with, I recomend Caz or Tracy at least that way you get more extras than going direct to the office, because you will get all the support the office dishes out anyway.
Nope am going to be signing up under myself!!! lol. Already joining Caz's demo blog so we can all share ideas etc at the moment, great idea.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2007, 06:45 AM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm signing up direct to the company too, I think it's a pretty unique opportunity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2007, 06:56 AM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Congrats Sillybird, that is very exciting! And, don't be worried about coming up with project ideas, SU! provides tons of ideas for you to use - through the catty itself, the SU! demo website, and the publications. Don't feel like you have to re-create the wheel, just use the projects and ideas they give you. Certainly when you are more comfortable you can stray from that but you don't have to if you don't want to.

As for what all the words/event types mean, I am pretty sure they are all defined in the Demo Manual that you will have access to as soon as you get your ID number and can get on the Demo website. Between that and the Product Guide (and the demos here of course!) you should be able to find the answers to most of your questions.

Best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Likes