Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-24-2018, 03:51 AM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Texas Grammy, I think it was called Lick N Stick.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2018, 03:57 AM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tombo Multi sticks forever! It has a tiny bit of wiggle room before it dries but using glue drives me nuts! I end up with glue on my hands and/or some oozing out the sides and messing up my card.

I love my ATZ! I still use Elmer's tape runners at card workshops and even those cards hold for a couple years.

I do use Tombo glue on tiny pieces or fine areas. It does have it's uses.

Last edited by Allistamps123; 01-28-2018 at 04:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2018, 04:17 AM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

I have switched to mostly using liquid glue. (Tombo Multi). That is because it has a little open time so I can line up my layers better.

My former go-to was normal scotch double stick tape which I thought adhered a lot better than tape runner and is cheaper.

I have received a few cards that fell apart when I opened them, and they were all using tape runner.

I also still use scor tape when I need something very strong and have glue dots and dimensional adhesive around too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2018, 04:24 AM   #44  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh, yes I have one of my Christmas cards from each year from at least six years ago. They are still holding strong and I used my ATZ.

Also, I have favorite Christmas cards I've made at workshops that I display on my mantel during the holidays. These were put together with Elmer's tape runners. They are all holding well and some are from 7-8 years ago.

I do use lots of adhesive. On all four sides and vertical or horizontal strips across the rest of the card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2018, 07:00 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Allistamps123, I'm so with you. I hate the sticky fingers and the residue on my art work that results with glue. I use Scotch double-sided tape for the most part. My daughter has kept every card I've given her---so, close to 20 years. She displays them on occasion, and now that she has a house big enough to have a craft room, she says she is going to "paper the walls" with my cards like she intended years ago when she first started saving them. None have fallen apart even though they have traveled from Oregon, to Massachusetts, to California, to Washington DC. I have kept a few cards to use as samples as I teach classes or to decorate with for holidays throughout the years. All are holding up. An embellishment here or there has been knocked off---the only things I use glue for occasionally, when tape won't do. I do use the 1/8" Sookwang for narrow strips and Scotch roller dots for the rare intricate die cut. The only thing I consistently use glue for is to glue the stamps I carve or buy unmounted to a wood block. For that I use Tombo Mono (in the blue bottle). Any other glues I have are for techniques or adding highlights. I have been using Rubber cement for my technique books, but many of the old pages have pieces that are literally popping off, leaving a yellow stain behind. Not sure why or what to do about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2018, 08:50 PM   #46  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For some reason I'm pretty resistant to buying the matte media collage glue. I've already bought several bottles of the multi medium matte and I do like that it is matte. I tend to use it for embellishments and smaller die cuts. Seems like it thickens up a lot long before I get through a bottle. I see multi medium matte formulas in the art store. It's made by Golden and a couple of other companies. It's in a big bottle and lots cheaper. I'm thinking that artists and frame shops use it. I'm sort of tired of paying 4.99 for such a tiny bottle of glue. Anybody use any of those types of products?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 02:41 AM   #47  
Glitter Guru

Received 370 Likes on 220 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryalenaView Post
For some reason I'm pretty resistant to buying the matte media collage glue. I've already bought several bottles of the multi medium matte and I do like that it is matte. I tend to use it for embellishments and smaller die cuts. Seems like it thickens up a lot long before I get through a bottle. I see multi medium matte formulas in the art store. It's made by Golden and a couple of other companies. It's in a big bottle and lots cheaper. I'm thinking that artists and frame shops use it. I'm sort of tired of paying 4.99 for such a tiny bottle of glue. Anybody use any of those types of products?
I've used the glossy gel medium made by Golden, and I really like it. For a matte medium product, I use Aleene's Collage Pauge. It works just like the more expensive matte mediums, and it costs much less.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 05:54 AM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I SOOO AGREE with Mary & have been thinking the same thing, of getting the other brand in a larger container at a cheaper price! (My little bottle got thick & I added a few drops of water & just shook it a bit.... It seems to help! ;) At first it seems a bit watery when squeezed out, but it did work over-all.)

For Scrapjanny, Do you have to buy Aleene's Collage Pauge on-line? Or can you find it in the brick & mortar craft stores?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 07:49 AM   #49  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I've used the glossy gel medium made by Golden, and I really like it. For a matte medium product, I use Aleene's Collage Pauge. It works just like the more expensive matte mediums, and it costs much less.
Definitely going to try the Golden and the Aleene�s. Thanks for these suggestions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2018, 09:43 AM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

I like Tombo Mono for all the reasons stated, and I don't like it for the reasons mentioned. LOL. It's been my go to adhesive since I found out my projects were falling apart using tape runners.

I've recently tried some Multi Medium Matte. I like that it doesn't dry shiny, but it doesn't come out of the tiny bottle as a small dot, like the Tombow, so it's more difficult to control. So, here's my question after reading all the posts. It sounds like the MMM is like the art mediums mentioned (and much less expensive). One of these is the Allene's Collage Pauge. Is that similar to Mod Podge? If so, then any of these could replace Ranger Multi Medium Matte?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 07:38 PM   #51  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I used rubber cement when I first began card-making, now I'm seeing old cards that totally fell apart AND discolored the cardstock.
I LOVE Beacon Zip Dry Glue. I gives slip, but doesn't take long to dry. Any errors can be rolled off with your finger. I buy at Hobby Lobby with a coupon, and ScrapbookPal dot com has the lowest price online. Works well when adding fun-foam panels to card fronts. Just weight it down for a minute.
I have a jar of Ranger Multi Medium Matte that I use on skinny word die cuts, applying with a paint brush.
I always keep some Scotch double-sided tape handy and use it more than ATG.
I tried Best Glue Ever and found it made the cardstock warp, like it has too much water in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 08:27 PM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

I had a friend that swore by the Beacon Zip Dry, so I tried it. I couldn't deal with the strings of glue that got all over everything. I'm just not good with glue. Give me double-sided tape any day, especially for putting layers of cards together. Maybe a dot of liquid glue for a small embellishment. Unfortunately tape won't work as well for most of my technique books, as often there are small pictures and lines of text, that I thought the rubber cement would be perfect for. Application goes well, but it doesn't seem to last, for some reason.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2018, 10:48 PM   #53  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
I used rubber cement when I first began card-making, now I'm seeing old cards that totally fell apart AND discolored the cardstock.
I LOVE Beacon Zip Dry Glue. I gives slip, but doesn't take long to dry. Any errors can be rolled off with your finger. I buy at Hobby Lobby with a coupon, and ScrapbookPal dot com has the lowest price online. Works well when adding fun-foam panels to card fronts. Just weight it down for a minute.
I have a jar of Ranger Multi Medium Matte that I use on skinny word die cuts, applying with a paint brush.
I always keep some Scotch double-sided tape handy and use it more than ATG.
I tried Best Glue Ever and found it made the cardstock warp, like it has too much water in it.
Helpful post. I�ll give the Beacon a try. I use a lot of fun foam. A scrapbook store owner turned me onto Roxanne's basting glue. I bought it for years from a quilting shop and it came with a metal needle nosed bottle cap. I guess it�s available online. I think I�m the only paper crafter in the world using it. Both the scrapbook store and the quilt shop closed so I�m running low and looking for something new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2018, 07:02 AM   #54  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

I've never seen the Alene's Collage Pauge. My curiosity has now been revved!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2018, 07:41 AM   #55  
Glitter Guru

Received 370 Likes on 220 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post

For Scrapjanny, Do you have to buy Aleene's Collage Pauge on-line? Or can you find it in the brick & mortar craft stores?
I think you can buy it in Michael's and JoAnn's. It would probably be with the other glues. I used to buy it in a local scrapbook store that went out of business, so now I buy it from Amazon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2018, 08:04 AM   #56  

I prefer the Multipurpose Liquid glue because you do have wiggle room before it completely dries. Sometimes I will use the Tear & tape if I need a very secure hold. To give me some wiggle room, I will put the multipurpose liquid over the tape. You then get the wiggle room from the glue plus the hold from the tape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2018, 09:14 AM   #57  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For the rubber cement users out there, I found this on the Beacon website:

�Beacon�s Rubber Cement is acid-free and never wrinkles paper, but should not be used on important documents as any rubber cement can dry and yellow over time.

I had never thought of using rubber cement on my cards before this discussion. I guess I'm glad now that I didn't
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2018, 01:23 PM   #58  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
I had a friend that swore by the Beacon Zip Dry, so I tried it. I couldn't deal with the strings of glue that got all over everything. I'm just not good with glue. Give me double-sided tape any day, especially for putting layers of cards together. Maybe a dot of liquid glue for a small embellishment. Unfortunately tape won't work as well for most of my technique books, as often there are small pictures and lines of text, that I thought the rubber cement would be perfect for. Application goes well, but it doesn't seem to last, for some reason.
I have never had strings of glue with Zip Dry. I have had with hot glue, so I know what you mean. With Zip Dry you have the option how big to cut off the nozzle, so maybe yours was putting out too much at a time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2018, 03:09 PM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen3000View Post
For the rubber cement users out there, I found this on the Beacon website:

�Beacon�s Rubber Cement is acid-free and never wrinkles paper, but should not be used on important documents as any rubber cement can dry and yellow over time.

I had never thought of using rubber cement on my cards before this discussion. I guess I'm glad now that I didn't
I have never seen this warning. That is exactly what is happening. OMG! I have hundreds of pages of techniques adhered with rubber cement!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2018, 03:10 PM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
I have never had strings of glue with Zip Dry. I have had with hot glue, so I know what you mean. With Zip Dry you have the option how big to cut off the nozzle, so maybe yours was putting out too much at a time.
Perhaps, but I had the problem using the bottle of glue my friend who loves it let me borrow. I guess I'm just glue challenged.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2018, 05:29 AM   #61  
Crimping Master

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

A question for all you Tombow Mono Multi users -- It's WAY cheaper to buy on Amazon in a 10 pack. Have you ever had a problem with buying ahead and sealed bottles drying out?

I was thinking that it would take me no longer to use a 10 pack -- maybe 6 months with Christmas and craft fair crafting coming up -- than it would sit in storage at a craft store.

Thanks!

My Little Gallery -- Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2018, 01:43 PM   #62  
Crimping Master

I have a back up bottle of Tombow that is two years old and I just checked it. Consistency seems the same so far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2018, 01:53 PM   #63  
Crimping Master

I'm trying out a UK glue called Cosmic Shimmer, an acrylic glue from Creative Expressions. I bought it on Amazon. It's a 125ml bottle so it's good sized. Dries clear and seems to stick very well. The applicator can be cut to any size tip and it has it's own little attached pop top. No clogging and no glops. So far I like it although I wasn't unhappy with my Roxanne's or Tombow. Just like to try new things.

Still use Scor Tape with foam though. I'm never sure if my glue will keep on working and I have had so many tape runners that don't hold I'm reluctant to try another one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2018, 02:53 PM   #64  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' SoozView Post
A question for all you Tombow Mono Multi users -- It's WAY cheaper to buy on Amazon in a 10 pack. Have you ever had a problem with buying ahead and sealed bottles drying out?

I was thinking that it would take me no longer to use a 10 pack -- maybe 6 months with Christmas and craft fair crafting coming up -- than it would sit in storage at a craft store.

Thanks!
I bought 8 bottles on Jan. 8, 2015 and all bottles have worked just fine; none of them have dried out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2018, 05:23 AM   #65  
Crimping Master

maryalena and Diane -- thanks for your feedback!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2018, 12:31 PM   #66  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' SoozView Post

Thanks!
Shelf-life is usually quite good, but make sure you check all the bottles when you buy them. I've heard a few people report that their 10-pack wasn't usable, and they were beyond Amazon's 30 day return time. Can happen if the glue froze at any point or wasn't stored correctly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #67  
Insane Embellisher

I can't believe NO ONE has mentioned my favorite.... Fast Fuse! I was having a love affair when they announced the sale and stocked up. Then Stampin Up discontinued it and I wished I had bought even more. THEN.... it shows up on the Clearance Rack a couple weeks ago and I got a "few" refills.
I just refilled a dispenser Friday and did a little inventory: 32 dispensers and 135 refills. I think I am set for a while.
p.s. not a demonstrator but a good customer, I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2018, 09:09 AM   #68  
Crimping Master

Thanks Embri - they arrived this weekend and I'll give them a quick check!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2018, 04:33 AM   #69  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

I have discovered Gina K Designs Connect Glue and it is fantastic. Comes out with a finer line and gives some wiggle room, dried clear and HOLDS. Always used tape runner before and still do but this Connect Glue is my go to now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2018, 06:17 AM   #70  
Die Cut Diva

A gal at my craft group recommended Art Glitter glue. I was nearly out of my Tombow Mono, so I went ahead and ordered it because I saw it was SO much cheaper on Amazon than the Tombow Mono. I am pleased with it so far. It has a fine liner tip that you put the pin in to keep it from clogging. It has worked very well.

I adhered transparent sequins with it the other day and you can’t see the adhesive at all once it dries!

It apparently cannot be shipped in the winter because if it freezes, it ruins the product. I ordered the refill so I will be set for a while.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2018, 06:52 AM   #71  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by howdyheidiView Post
A gal at my craft group recommended Art Glitter glue. I was nearly out of my Tombow Mono, so I went ahead and ordered it because I saw it was SO much cheaper on Amazon than the Tombow Mono. I am pleased with it so far. It has a fine liner tip that you put the pin in to keep it from clogging. It has worked very well.

I adhered transparent sequins with it the other day and you can�t see the adhesive at all once it dries!

It apparently cannot be shipped in the winter because if it freezes, it ruins the product. I ordered the refill so I will be set for a while.

A friend of mine recommended this to me, too. It's all she uses. Since I have people over to "play in my sandbox" I try to have their basic adhesives on hand, so I got some. It has become my favorite for those occasions when double sided tape will not work---fine pieces, intricate dies and embellishments---and I love how it really sticks as well as E600, but with the really fine tip.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2018, 07:34 AM   #72  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts

I also Tombow liquid,but no one here mentioned their other product which I have used for at least 12 years.......that is their tape runner.i have never had anything fall apart with it.

I found AGT too bulky to handle. I also have used score tape for as long too

When it comes to intricate due cuts,I also use the Tombow which amazes people when they see how easily it works for me.
After these many years I know exactly how to squeeze that little sucker and can put down tiny dots on the back of a due cut very quickly.For me with all these years of practiceI have it down pat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2018, 07:58 AM   #73  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by westiemomView Post
I can't believe NO ONE has mentioned my favorite.... Fast Fuse! I was having a love affair when they announced the sale and stocked up. Then Stampin Up discontinued it and I wished I had bought even more. THEN.... it shows up on the Clearance Rack a couple weeks ago and I got a "few" refills.
I just refilled a dispenser Friday and did a little inventory: 32 dispensers and 135 refills. I think I am set for a while.
p.s. not a demonstrator but a good customer, I think.

Fast Fuse is just the Tombow Xtreme runner so you can still get it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2018, 09:12 AM   #74  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by howdyheidiView Post

I adhered transparent sequins with it the other day and you can�t see the adhesive at all once it dries!

I like the idea that the Glitter glue has a fine tip and pin. That�s the way I like to apply glue and not all glues adapt well to using the fine tip/stainless steel pin combo. I like to apply glue very near the edge especially with watercolor paper. It�s on my add on list for my next amazon order. Good info about the freezing and the sequin success.

I like the Cosmic Shimmer glue I bought but the tip is not as fine as the needle tip applicator so I still get globs, just smaller globs than Tombow. Tombow is a good glue but I�ve made a lot of those ooze out the sides errors even after much practice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2018, 06:49 AM   #75  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've used a tape runner for years but about 2 months ago I switched to Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive by Tonic Studios which I like. It dries clear and has wiggle room. The built in nozzle has a fine enough tip for what I do. I really like it for placing spots of glue on the back of delicate dies. I would recommend it. I will try the Art Glitter glue once I need more (after winter!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-10-2018, 05:55 PM   #76  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 975 Likes on 474 Posts

Who sells the Art Glitter glue? Just wondering because if they are in a warm climate as I am, then winter isn’t an issue

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2018, 09:07 AM   #77  
Crimping Master

So many glues. I had no idea. I’m going to try more of these mentioned as I run out but I am going to look at price. Some of these newer ones that the card designers are demoing are pretty pricey for the amount in the applicator. Seems like a glue that behaves well in a needle nose or fine tip applicator would be my go to. I like to be able to refill my applicator tube or bottle rather than buy bunches of these disposable ones. The exceptions are my Zig fine roller ball tip glue pen and my Nuvo medium fiber tip glue pen. I like those for the small jobs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #78  
Matboard Maniac

I�ve been an adhesive snob forever. I like the Plus extreme hold adhesive and love score tapes.
Recently with Christmas cards, I started using my green Tombow to save time and $ since I usually add a panel with Christmas cards. I was always worried glue would be obvious other side of paper. I�m finding Tombow is a nice glue and easy to use.
I was not impressed with needle point glues. Snail sucks.
I usually do single layer cards, but love the Tombow when I do add layer.
I am hoping glue holds a panel longer than adhesive......think it will???
Hoping cards don�t fall apart by December!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2018, 11:03 PM   #79  
Rubber Obsessor

If you've put the paper layers together while the Tombow glue was wet, nothing short of destruction will get them to part in my experience. That stuff is shockingly good at holding on. Even the dry and make it 'removable' version has some serious grab.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2018, 07:19 PM   #80  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,919 Likes on 2,187 Posts

I love tombow in the green bottle. It sticks forever, gives you wiggle room when you put it down, and I filled a fine tip bottle that I can use on tiny tiny pieces. I love fast fuse, but just as I got on board, they discontinued it. I will have to get the tombow extreme when I have a coupon for Michaels and give it a go. I liked fast fuse for boxes and other non-card projects. I used double sided adhesive tape, but its a brand called Xpress it and it doesn't hold as well as scor tape.
Reply With Quote Likes