Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-06-2005, 07:10 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought the Xyron 250....

I was in Mike's today and was trying to find something to use my 40% off coupon on. I paid $12.00 for it which I thought was a great price.

I have been going back and forth on the Xyron Machines....mostly looking at the 150 lately. I have a 500 and have not used it much....just brought it out of the closet last week. I am hoping to get more use out of the 250 since I am looking for something that is good with punches and other small paper pieces. I don't think I will use it for adhering card fronts or anything like that. Should I still keep the 500 or try to sell it on eBay?? And if you have the 250, do you like it?

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 07:45 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I have the Xyron 250 as I use it to adhere punches, medium paper pieces, etc and I love it. I have the Xyron 150 but it was too small for the work I needed to do. I also have the Xyron 900 for larger projects. I have thought about getting the Xyron 500 and waiting for another 50% off coupon sale or find it online to get it.

However I love the 250 and it's great. I would keep both of them.

Nicole
The Angel Company Demonstrator #1260
Team Leader of The Elegant Diva Stamp Angels!
Email
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 08:00 AM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have the 510, 250 and 150. I'm very happy to have them all, but I do use the 250 the most. Linda

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 08:06 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just have the 250 and I really like it, especially for those smaller layers. My mono has not been sticking like it used, so the Xyron has become one of my most used tools. I am planning on getting the 510 in the future. Good luck with your decision.

Take care, Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 08:08 AM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Can someone tell me the difference between all the x-ron machines? Labullard.. why do you have three different model numbers?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 08:18 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

I don't have an answer but will be looking, too, for those that do. Tomorrow's 50% Jo-Ann coupon is burning a hole in my pocket and I must buy a Xyron. But which one? I've read several of the Xyron threads and the one thing that I still don't understand is if I buy, say the 510, do I waste a lot of adhesive by just running something small, like Alphabitties (love 'em!), through?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 08:20 AM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by whittika
Can someone tell me the difference between all the x-ron machines? Labullard.. why do you have three different model numbers?
Thanks
Besides just "needing" to have everything, :oops: :lol: the size of the project really dictates which one is the most useful or efficient. The 510 is 5.1 inches wide (card fronts), the 250 is 2.5 inches wide (bookmarks) and the 150 is 1.5 inches wide (really small or skinny items). Hope that helps. Linda

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 09:35 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220
I don't have an answer but will be looking, too, for those that do. Tomorrow's 50% Jo-Ann coupon is burning a hole in my pocket and I must buy a Xyron. But which one? I've read several of the Xyron threads and the one thing that I still don't understand is if I buy, say the 510, do I waste a lot of adhesive by just running something small, like Alphabitties (love 'em!), through?
This actually answers the previous question about why have different models...Something that may waste a lot of adhesive going through my 510 is just the perfect size to go through my itty bitty 1" xyron. Sometimes a thing is just a touch too wide for that though, and the 2.5" works best. The 510 and 900 are great because I can use different cartridges altogether, like laminating or magnet-backed. The cartridges in these are so easy to switch that there is virtually no waste when I switch 'em out.

As to ebay-ing the 500, I doubt you'd get enough for it to warrant going through the hassle. Seems like folks buying new would go for the 510 which is more versatile even though it's the same width as the 500. Keep it, use it as long as they keep making refills for it...

Hugs,
Betsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for the input. Now I think I see... Wasting a "900" (full) sheet of lamaniate/magnet/etc. over just using the smaller version for a smaller project. NOW I NEED TWO MORE!. LOL :lol: :lol: But if I get two more machines I will need two more shelves to store them on... and then I will have additional room on those shelves, so I will need to buy more stamp sets, and in order to use those stamp sets I will need to buy more paper & ink pads, so now my two shelves aren't big enough... so I really need to have an brand new entire bookshelf built to accomidate an X-ron 150 & 250!. Oh this stamping is just way too much fun (and $$$). Hey life is short! Have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 11:47 AM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Xyron

I love my Xyron 250 (and sticker machine and 510 and 850!) The only problem I have with the 250 is getting the permanent adhesive refill....I bot the machine at Walmart and it was loaded with the permanent cartridge; however, the ONLY cartridge Walmart will stock is the repositionable cartridge :? I've asked the craft people if they could get the store to order in the cartridges that I need, but they say what is there is what they get (of course, they never seem to sell the other cartridges, there's always the same pile there....I guess is does cut down on stocking costs )

Does Michaels carry the 250 refill in the permanent type? I don't have a Michaels here, but I occasionally get to a town that does and I would check them out if they are likely to have it.
Susy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 11:52 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Re: Xyron

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss
Does Michaels carry the 250 refill in the permanent type? I don't have a Michaels here, but I occasionally get to a town that does and I would check them out if they are likely to have it.
Susy
Yes, they do. I know, it also irritates me that Walmart doesn't carry the permanent 250 refill! I check every time I go in. Linda

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 12:31 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Shopping tip! Before buying ANY Xyron or refill, check www.wilde-ideas.com. They are SO much cheaper...I recently bought a 510 with a 50% off Michaels coupon...looked at the site for refill costs, and saw that they sell the 510 with a BONUS 150 TOGETHER for cheaper than I paid after the coupon!! Ugh...I will always buy ALL of my refills there. Save that extra money for more goodies!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 12:36 PM   #13  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkbubblebee
Shopping tip! Before buying ANY Xyron or refill, check www.wilde-ideas.com. They are SO much cheaper . . . they sell the 510 with a BONUS 150 TOGETHER for cheaper than I paid after the coupon!! Ugh...I will always buy ALL of my refills there. Save that extra money for more goodies!!
That IS a great shopping tip! Thanks! Linda

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 12:55 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

You're welcome! I was a little upset at first, but I figured 'you win some, you lose some'....I just want to make sure others 'win some' on this one!
Reply With Quote Likes