Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-05-2016, 07:19 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Joining DS Stamping Companies

Since it is a new year, I was wondering who join CTMH, Fun Stamper's Journey, SU or Amuse Studio as a consultant? I left CTMH and went to Amuse Studio after doing a long research on the different ones. I have been everyone but Creative Memories and Stampin Up. The reason why I join Amuse Studio is because I like the fact that they sold Tombow's and Copic's(even if it is the one not the most desire), the fact that you can hardly find them for resell on Ebay or pretty much anyway. Living in WV doesn't give me a lot of options when looking for craft stores, don't really like Micheal's really wish there was a Hobby Lobby in Morgantown.

Erica Sandwall
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2016, 07:26 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Right now you can join Stampin'Up for $99 and receive $155 worth of product. There also would be free shipping on the starter kit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2016, 07:29 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

I have already join A Muse Studios in Dec 31, 2015 when their Starter Kit was on sale, got the Deluxe one. I look at Stampin Up and wasn't really thrill with everything plus the have a lot of consultants. I was asking if anyone has join one this year and their why they join that company?

Erica Sandwall
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2016, 01:29 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I joined SU. I feel that they have the most experience in the craft realm, they have a code of ethics that Demonstrators should follow, they have a nice integrated back office and they have high quality products. I love they have new ink colors every year and they have really been working on their pattern paper.

I was with another one last year and their demos never really got a preorder period where they could work with the product to get ready to demo it. They never really kept their consultants informed with changes, they don't have a code of ethics for their consultants, and they don't offer away to give to charity like SU and CTMH does.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2016, 08:31 AM   #5  
Inking Addict

So what was the other company you were with. Honestly I would much rather donate my time to a charity that I want not one chosen by a company. As they only a certain % of the amount you pay for the item. A Muse Studio has a pre order time to get the products get sold to the general public, right now is the February monthly collection, love the everything they have. I know Fun Stamper's Journey did not allow pre orders and I didn't like that so that was a deal breaker for me to leave.

Erica Sandwall
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

This month you can join Fun Stampers Journey for $99 and receive over $500 worth of product.
Karen S
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2016, 08:33 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by karentomView Post
This month you can join Fun Stampers Journey for $99 and receive over $500 worth of product.
Karen S
This is a pretty good deal for someone just starting out - but that package includes their cutting machine and die cutting plates, which I wouldn't care for since I already have my Big Shot, and there's a $20 shipping cost as well. I've thought about switching over to FSJ, but decided I already have WAY too much "stuff" from my current company!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2016, 09:52 AM   #8  
Inking Addict

A Muse Studio is coming out with a new promotion to join in March which is their Birthday month. I was with FSJ when the first strted out and got the cutting machine which what I wanting. I just don't like that they don't a variety of cardstock colors in one package.

Erica Sandwall
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2016, 09:03 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm going to be joining SU during the promotion period. There are a few reasons why:

* I'm new to stamping and have limited supplies (two stamps, a heat gun, gold and silver embossing powder and a watermark ink pad). I'd like to select the items I need at a discount in order to build up my tools and such.

* I live car-free in a city. I don't have access to craft stores. I need to be able to order online and have delivery.

* I really like how color-coordinated items are. I know that the cardstock matches the ink, markers, designer paper, etc. With ordering online, I don't know how I could select items that are coordinating otherwise, if ordering from a brick-and-mortar store online. I like the aspect that the paper does not have white core.

* I went through the catalogs of various companies and really liked SU's Christmas collection over the others. I send out 200+ Christmas cards each year and that's my primary interest. I send out letters, cards, and postcards throughout the year, but I want to be sure that I have the Christmas items I like and need. After seeing SU's current holiday catalog I went back a few years and was happy with what I saw, and therefore more comfortable with selecting them.

* SU allows you to select the items you'd like in the starter kit. I'm excited about this.

* While SU may have a saturated market in terms of consultants (demonstrators), they do not have it saturated in my direct market (or even among friends). Furthermore, I am able to select a consultant that lives relatively close by who would be willing to assist in my first workshop; so that I can use it as a training and to ensure that it goes smoothly. I'm going to see if I can create a club of sorts in order to offset the cost of needing items to get started stamping with. I've spoken with a few demonstrators who are willing and even recommend it (one demo stated that of those who take her up on the offer they are still demos years later).

That said, while disappointed in A Muse Studio's Christmas offerings, I am really pleased with their catalog and even this January one too. It's very relevant and trendy. Trendy won't help when the stamp seems irrelevant a few years from now but for those 20-30 year olds living in the city like myself, it's on-point and current.

Last edited by KateInDC; 01-11-2016 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2016, 09:26 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateInDCView Post
I'm going to be joining SU during the promotion period. There are a few reasons why:

* I'm new to stamping and have limited supplies (two stamps, a heat gun, gold and silver embossing powder and a watermark ink pad). I'd like to select the items I need at a discount in order to build up my tools and such.

* I live car-free in a city. I don't have access to craft stores. I need to be able to order online and have delivery.

* I really like how color-coordinated items are. I know that the cardstock matches the ink, markers, designer paper, etc. With ordering online, I don't know how I could select items that are coordinating otherwise, if ordering from a brick-and-mortar store online. I like the aspect that the paper does not have white core.

* I went through the catalogs of various companies and really liked SU's Christmas collection over the others. I send out 200+ Christmas cards each year and that's my primary interest. I send out letters, cards, and postcards throughout the year, but I want to be sure that I have the Christmas items I like and need. After seeing SU's current holiday catalog I went back a few years and was happy with what I saw, and therefore more comfortable with selecting them.

* SU allows you to select the items you'd like in the starter kit. I'm excited about this.

* While SU may have a saturated market in terms of consultants (demonstrators), they do not have it saturated in my direct market. Furthermore, I am able to select a consultant that lives relatively close by who would be willing to assist in my workshop; so that I can use it as a training and to ensure that it goes smoothly. I'm going to see if I can create a club of sorts in order to offset the cost of needing items to get started stamping with. I've spoken with a few demonstrators who are willing and even recommend it (one demo stated that of those who take her up on the offer they are still demos years later).

That said, while disappointed in A Muse Studio's Christmas offerings, I am really pleased with their catalog and even this January one too. It's very relevant and trendy. Trendy won't help when the stamp seems irrelevant a few years from now but for those 20-30 year olds living in the city like myself, it's on-point and current.
Applause to you for having taken a serious look at what is in your personal interests! Whenever a person explores their decision to join any company for discounts or for business potential, this is precisely the way to make sure the decision is best for that person!

If I have a coupon for 25%-40% off at 'You Need This!", but I don't care for their overall style, or I only like 1 or 2 of their products .... I don't even bother to print or save the coupon, much less sign up to get their discount as a representative. How can a person expect to share their joy with others if the products don't bring joy to the representative? It's the same idea with joining jewelry companies, candle companies, and paper craft-related companies. We can sigh up for discounts every day of the week ... but if I don't enjoy their stuff ... why would I do that?

Good food for thought you've shared today. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammyView Post
Applause to you for having taken a serious look at what is in your personal interests! Whenever a person explores their decision to join any company for discounts or for business potential, this is precisely the way to make sure the decision is best for that person! of the week ... but if I don't enjoy their stuff ... why would I do that?

Good food for thought you've shared today. Thanks!
Thank you, truly appreciate that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

what other stamp companies are there to join besides SU, muse, CTMH?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2016, 10:43 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by willowroseView Post
what other stamp companies are there to join besides SU, muse, CTMH?
Fun Stampers Journey
Karen S
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2016, 09:56 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Great to see another A Muse Studio lover!
Reply With Quote Likes