Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #521  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yapha love your card!! great use of adapting the stamp. TFS
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #522  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks!!! Anyone have any good ideas for Passover cards?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #523  
Insane Embellisher

Default Passover Card Idea

Hi!

I think one object that would be cute would be to take a light colored tan, and paper pierce a square of the paper. You have matzot!

There is a company that sells only stamps the are common in a Jew's life. I even have the Fiddler from Fiddler on the Roof. You can by the stamps without it being mounted...and you mount it yourself. I bought a few that way...but I never bought blocks to mount them on. I find it easier to just get them ready to go!

The link is: http://www.ruthsjewishstamps.com/

"Ruth is a real person...they also made her as a stamp. She looks like a Yente on the stamp!

Enjoy your cards. I would love to see them. Would you send me the link when you upload them please. You could just email it to me, if you don't mind. Thanks so much!

Maybe you could do a Seder plate? OR put the 4 questions on the front and add a 5th question with something like, "Do you know how much I appreciate you?" and you could answer with a written note inside.

His,
Traci S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #524  
Pearl-ExPert

I found this great blog. It is not just papercrafts, but it has so many holiday, Shabbat and every day ideas I has to share. I hope you all enjoy. She also updates a few times a week so it is a great site to check often.
http://www.creativejewishmom.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #525  
Stampin' Fool

I posted a couple that I did with Outlines Rubber Stamps as part of their Design Team. I would love to have your impressions of them. I did several from the Judaic series, but these were the two that I have gotten to photograph well. (My camera skills are not the best right now :-) ) They are in my gallery:

Happy Hanukkah - Blue and Gold by Lainy67 at Splitcoaststampers
Shalom Collage by Lainy67 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 07:49 AM   #526  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi again. I made this file folder organizer. I had admired the ones I had seen, but they were mostly made for Christmas. I didn't need a Chanukah one, so I admired them for a few years. This year I started early enough to make one for Passover! I hope you enjoy. Ann

Passover file folder organizer Cover, accordion file folder by anniem888 at Splitcoaststampers

Passover file folder organizer inside, accordion file folder by anniem888 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2010, 07:50 AM   #527  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lainy67View Post
I posted a couple that I did with Outlines Rubber Stamps as part of their Design Team. I would love to have your impressions of them. I did several from the Judaic series, but these were the two that I have gotten to photograph well. (My camera skills are not the best right now :-) ) They are in my gallery:

Happy Hanukkah - Blue and Gold by Lainy67 at Splitcoaststampers
Shalom Collage by Lainy67 at Splitcoaststampers
Beautiful cards! Thank you for sharing the info. I love the stamps. Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #528  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's my Passover card for this year. I'm really pleased with how it came out. Had the idea for the matzah floating around in my head for a while. Don't you just love when the image in your head actually works on paper?! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #529  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Passover to those celebrating with family and friends. Yapha please correct my phoenetic if it's wrong

L'shana hava-ah v'yerushalaim

or how about chag sameach pesach (I know that one's right)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #530  
Insane Embellisher

Happy Passover, Everyone! Let's all pray that Jerusalem
will be a place of peace for next year! (Finally!)

Traci S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #531  
Die Cut Diva

Chag Sameach! May your seders be inspiring, the morar bitter, and the charoset sweet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 03:50 AM   #532  
Glitter Queen

Default Happy Pesach to all Observers!

I am very new to SCS and there could not have been a nicer and more perfect group for me to see than this one. I was hoping that there would be a Jewish based group for us to share thoughts, designs, etc. Do you have a specific group you are members of or are you just friends?

I have not joined a group yet but would love to be part of this one.
Please advise me how and what to do. Thank you so much.

Tracis Mom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #533  
Stazon Splitcoast

Chag Sameach Tracis Mom. I assume you have your own name? We don't have a group per se, although there are a couple of yahoo groups out there. We keep in touch mostly through this thread. I have it in my subscriptions so I can always see when there are new posts.

Welcome to SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 07:02 AM   #534  
Kookie Creator

Default "Engagement Party"

This is short notice for responses. I'm going to a party tomorrow night being given by the boy's parents for everyone in this town to meet the soon to be daughter in law-I would call this an engagement party. Anyway...I want to make a card (of course). The couple are Americans but have met in Israel where they intend to reside. I have an old stamp that shows a couple dancing. It looks like they are holding a ribbon/scarf which says "Shalom".
Do you think this would be appropriate for the occasion? I now have a pretty good collection of Jewish stamps so any other suggestions would be appreciated.TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #535  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple elf ladyView Post
This is short notice for responses. I'm going to a party tomorrow night being given by the boy's parents for everyone in this town to meet the soon to be daughter in law-I would call this an engagement party. Anyway...I want to make a card (of course). The couple are Americans but have met in Israel where they intend to reside. I have an old stamp that shows a couple dancing. It looks like they are holding a ribbon/scarf which says "Shalom".
Do you think this would be appropriate for the occasion? I now have a pretty good collection of Jewish stamps so any other suggestions would be appreciated.TIA
That sounds really sweet! Is there any way you can add "Mazel Tov" to it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #536  
Pearl-ExPert

If that is a foam stamp back I have the same one. I think it would be great. I agree w/Yappa a Mazel Tov on the card inside or out would be a nice addition. I would be touched to get a hand made card like that. Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #537  
Kookie Creator

I'm never quite sure how to use "shalom" so thanks for the feedback. I now have a vision for this card. It sounds kind of crazy but I think it will work. I'm going to use this stamp twice--once in the upper right hand corner and again in the lower left.then I'm going to use a new Tim Holtz stamp--"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain." I will stamp on vellum and overlay on the dancers, using a couple star of David brads and stamp "mazel tov" inside. This may be my motivation to get a friend to show mw how to upload. As you can see, I have no gallery. We'll see how it turns out since vision and reality do not always match.lol. thanks again for your prompt responses.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #538  
Insane Embellisher

Default Sounds Beautiful!

Hi~

This card sounds beautiful! I am sure they will love it! When you post it to your new gallery...please post it here, too...so I will get a notice and can check it out! There are directions on how to upload a card on the left of your screen if you click on "gallery" at the very top of the SCS screen.

I hope that helps out! Have fun making the card!

Traci S.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #539  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I'm never quite sure how to use "shalom" so thanks for the feedback. I now have a vision for this card. It sounds kind of crazy but I think it will work. I'm going to use this stamp twice--once in the upper right hand corner and again in the lower left.then I'm going to use a new Tim Holtz stamp--"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain." I will stamp on vellum and overlay on the dancers, using a couple star of David brads and stamp "mazel tov" inside. This may be my motivation to get a friend to show mw how to upload. As you can see, I have no gallery. We'll see how it turns out since vision and reality do not always match.lol. thanks again for your prompt responses.
That sounds wonderful! Please take a pic an upload it - it's pretty easy. Make sure you post here when you upload it so we can all go see it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #540  
Polyshrink Goddess

Help! My mojo is on vacation! Anybody willing to share what they're doing for Hanukkah this year? I was supposed to make Rosh Hashana cards - missed that - Yom Kippur is in the next coupla days so missed that too. Now I'm focused on Hanukkah. I need to make 32 for my mom's friends at her retirement home, so it needs to be fairly simple. I have both SU! Hebrew Holidays (eh) and PTI's Mazel Tov (yum!). I have a couple samples from past years in my teeny tiny gallery, but need something new and fresh for this year. What are you all making?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #541  
Stazon Splitcoast

Excellent question - haven't even started thinking about Chanukah yet. I did get my RH cards done though. Why oh why can't I just stick to simple?

There's a card I did for Chanukah a few years ago that I really liked - hang on, let me see if I can find it.....
this one used DSP from a jewish scrapbook store
this one was fairly easy to mass produce

Might a suggest a trip through the sketch challenge gallery to get your creative juices flowing? Good luck and let us know what you come up with so we can all copy....er CASE you. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #542  
Pearl-ExPert

I agree it is a little early for me to be thinking about Hanukkah! I did some tags a few years ago w/the Mazel tov set. I have to say heat embossing looks great w/this set. Here is a link to my tag samples.
tags by anniem888 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I also did a glue "ink" pad and glitter. Martha Stewart line has a good pad and her glitter is fantastic. The glitter comes w/a small tip glue tube. Here are some of my samples

Chanukah Bazar donations more tags by anniem888 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

If you look inside the bag you will see tone on tone embossing w/the torah. I think that looks nice w/this set.

Chanukah Bazar donations more tags by anniem888 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I hope this gives your mojo a little shake.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #543  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KegboView Post
Help! My mojo is on vacation! Anybody willing to share what they're doing for Hanukkah this year? I was supposed to make Rosh Hashana cards - missed that - Yom Kippur is in the next coupla days so missed that too. Now I'm focused on Hanukkah. I need to make 32 for my mom's friends at her retirement home, so it needs to be fairly simple. I have both SU! Hebrew Holidays (eh) and PTI's Mazel Tov (yum!). I have a couple samples from past years in my teeny tiny gallery, but need something new and fresh for this year. What are you all making?
I made a pretty simple Hanukkay card recently with Mazel Tov and a cuttlebug folder that is in the new Holiday Cards and More from Paper Crafts. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to upload it since it's in the magazine, though.

This one is from last year I think. wcmd Mazel Tav by mrslaird - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers I'd probably change the shimmer paper to a regular blue to save on costs.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 05:34 AM   #544  
Insane Embellisher

This is a great thread! I'm working on my Christmas cards and everyone's ideas will be really handy as I have a co-worker that is Jewish.

Thanks!
Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #545  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks, ladies - my mojo is waking up! Loved the samples you all attached in your replies. I think I'm going to go wild this year and make bookmarks instead of cards. Thanks to AnnieM888 for the inspiration!

L'Shana Tova,
Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 08:16 PM   #546  
Pearl-ExPert

Post a link when you finish. I'd love to see them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #547  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KegboView Post
Thanks, ladies - my mojo is waking up! Loved the samples you all attached in your replies. I think I'm going to go wild this year and make bookmarks instead of cards. Thanks to AnnieM888 for the inspiration!

L'Shana Tova,
Sarah
Sarah, you're a wild and crazy girl!

ETA: Here's my 5771 RH card

Last edited by stampinCPA; 09-14-2010 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: add link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #548  
Polyshrink Goddess

Debbi - "stick with you" ha ha! Nice card - I have a honey pot stamp, yet never think to use it for New Year.

Okay, so I told you all I was going to make bookmarks instead of cards. I decided to order PTI's bookmark die and All Booked Up (my DD is a teacher, so I think this will come in handy for her, too). I went to the PTI gallery and searched for Mazel Tov. Terrbear39 has an amazing Hanukkah candle box posted that I'm thinking I'll have to do now for my mom and a couple of her best friends at the retirement home. The rest will get bookmarks. I'll post links when done. Check out the gallery there - there are some beautiful cards using the Mazel Tov set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #549  
Compulsive Stamper

Subscribing. What a great topic!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #550  
Stazon Splitcoast

Shalom Ziva! Welcome!

Anybody got ideas for Passover this year?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #551  
Pearl-ExPert

Last year I went to Smart and Final and got take out containers you would get at a Chinese restaurant. I covered the printed side w/a scrap of paper run through an embossing folder. Then I used the Mazel tov set to stamp a Passover sentiment and the seder plate in gold embossing. I put home made cookies and matzo granola in the boxes for a take home gift. I don't think we remembered to take a picture. I'm planning to do something on the same theme this year. I also want to make one of the etched glass plates from crafting Jewish style Crafting Jewish Style: Search results for etched glass plate scroll down to see plate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 04:35 AM   #552  
Kookie Creator

Question Jewish sympathy

The mother of our rabbi has just died. Of course, I would like to make a card but want to make sure it is really correct. I have collected many Jewish stamps over the last 8 years including a couple of Ecclesiastes. I have charms like star of David, etc. Suggestons?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2011, 07:08 AM   #553  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

The mother of our rabbi has just died. Of course, I would like to make a card but want to make sure it is really correct. I have collected many Jewish stamps over the last 8 years including a couple of Ecclesiastes. I have charms like star of David, etc. Suggestons?
I think you could just make a regular sympathy card with a sentiment like "Sorry for your loss" or "Thinking of you" and put a little star of David charm on for a hint of Jewishness (is that a word)? I tend to think sympathy cards shouldn't be too flashy so I wouldn't do too much in the way of 3-d and embellishments, but that's completely personal opinion.

When my uncle died this summer the thing that my aunt loved so much was that I gave her a set of beautiful and elaborate thank you cards for her to send out to all the people that helped her out following his death. And you can bet that the death of mother of a rabbi is going to elicit a lot of help! She told me that she saved the cards I made her for her dear friends who really helped her through it and she was so happy to have such beautiful cards to help her express how much their support meant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #554  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sorry for your rabbi's loss. Losing a parent is hard. I think you should send what feels comfortable to you. No need to be elaborate. A simple expression of condolence is fine. I would reserve the charms for the type of card you want someone to save and remember.

This is my "go to" Jewish sympathy card. I make a bunch of them at a time so I have them on hand when needed. Last time I made them I used pearls in the corners instead of brads. Very pretty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2011, 06:51 AM   #555  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Pesach 5771

Here's my Passover card for this year. Tried really hard to stick to SUO, but just couldn't make it happen. The Star is a sizzix sizzlet that my friend Sarah got for me at the Sizzix warehouse sale last year. The word Pesach is from a background stamp from Ruth's Jewish stamps. I think I'll put "Next year in Jerusalem" from PTI's mazel tov inside.

Seems like it needs something though. Thoughts/suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Jewish Card Making 101-pesach-web-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #556  

I made this Passover card using mostly PTI supplies. I'm going to try to make more in a few different colors, mostly because I hate stamping duplicates.
Next Year in Jerusalem by mrslaird - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2011, 07:08 AM   #557  

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinCPAView Post
Here's my Passover card for this year. Tried really hard to stick to SUO, but just couldn't make it happen. The Star is a sizzix sizzlet that my friend Sarah got for me at the Sizzix warehouse sale last year. The word Pesach is from a background stamp from Ruth's Jewish stamps. I think I'll put "Next year in Jerusalem" from PTI's mazel tov inside.

Seems like it needs something though. Thoughts/suggestions?
I think it's awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #558  
Die Cut Diva

Gorgeous cards, Debbi & Paula! I made a Seder Plate card, too, you have to use your imagination a little...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2011, 09:48 AM   #559  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaphaView Post
Gorgeous cards, Debbi & Paula! I made a Seder Plate card, too, you have to use your imagination a little...
Grea minds think alike.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #560  
Pearl-ExPert

wow! you all put me to shame! They are all fantastic. I haven't even started my food containers. I bought take out boxes from Smart and Final last year. Covered the pre-printed side w/a "card front" then used them for cookies we make to send home form seder or if we go somewhere for a meal we can bring a little food in a really nice package. I think I made about 20 last year and have only one left. I used up scrap cardstock so the one I have left isn't the nicest color. I'll post it when we bring out our supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes