Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've been a naughty, naughty girl...

Okay... please tell me I'm not the only one that's been going crazy buying stamps out there with all these sales! I just can't seem pass on a sale when one comes my way - does this mean I have a problem?? Did I really need more stamps?!? - Well, no... probably not...but come on.. they were just too darn cute to not add them to my collection.

I went crazy shopping at Bugaboo Stamps, By Lori Designs and Tiddly Inks - my pocket book is feeling kind of light right about now. Bugaboo has a 50% off sale that's good through today, and Tidldly Inks had a sale for 40% off and then Lori - well... she puts out stamps that are too darn cute and I can't help but buy them whether they are on sale or not! I just had to jump on some of her new realeases and bam... all of the sudden, my pocket book is feeling kind of empty. LOL!

Thank goodness my daughter is all grown up and doesn't expect a lot from Santa these days. I can finally spend some of my money on myself for a change.

Not only did I buy some extra cute stamps on my shopping spree, but I decided to finally enter in my first EVER contest and I am so excited because I actually won! How exciting is that!!! Two of the cards were chosen to be sample cards on the By Lori Designs website. I'm so thrilled - I never expected to win! I know a lot of you enter these contests all the time and I am always amazed by the beautiful cards you all make - there are so many talented people on this website. I hope you don't mind my attaching pictures of my cards. I just want to share my excitment with someone who understands what card making is all about. None of my friends are into stamping so it's hard to share my excitment with people who don't have an interest in what I do.

Thanks for listening to me ramble and since I'm feeling so guilty about my shopping spree... I was wondering if others might share their "naughty.. naughty stories" with me. It might help me if others confess that they were naughty... naughty too! ;)

Here are the two cards I submitted to the contest using some of Lori's new releases:

I've been a naughty, naughty girl...-girl-stroller.jpg

I've been a naughty, naughty girl...-katie-henry-2.jpg
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 04:18 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea what you are talking about! Now excuse me while I turn off my computer to save it from the impending lightening strike... ;)

Let's see...spent some money at Stamping Bella, Creative Memories, Stamping Treasures (50% off store closing sale), and now to SP and Company. And I just went through and pulled stamps to sell to help make more room!

And congrats on your cards!! That is a total bonus (and justification, as if you needed that...LOL) for your spending! It was meant to be!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Heart

...slowly backing away from my computer...
;) :rolleyes:

Lucky for me the Bugaboo "Stella" Christmas stamps were sold out...whew!!!

Last edited by 4Laura; 11-30-2010 at 04:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Ooohh, your cards are precious!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4LauraView Post
...slowly backing away from my computer...
;) :rolleyes:

Lucky for me the Bugaboo "Stella" Christmas stamps were sold out...whew!!!
There were no Stella stamps left because I bought out the entire Bugaboo store (I think) - Stella stamps are too funny!

Thanks to "my3littlemonkeys" - you just know I just have to go take a peek at the Stamping Treasures website to see if I can get some goodies before they are all gone! ;) I barely made it to Elzy Bells website in time to nab some adorable stamps when she went out of business.. I can't let that happen again! I still regret missing out on some of the Elzy stamps that I admired but never purchased and then poof... just like that they were gone! Sometimes I try to tell myself it was all just a dream and that I'm going to wake up to find out she didn't go out of business.... someone pinch me tell me it was all just a nightmare.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I didn't hit any sales but I did decide to finally order a few sets from PTI that I've had my eye on for awhile. I have my SU club next week. And, I did some damage at the quilt shop over the weekend. So yep, my wallet is feeling pretty light too! Oh well, the important thing is that we give to ourselves...or is the saying that we should give of ourselves? Geez, sometimes I get those little two letter words mixed up...:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Ahhh, is sooo nice to read about other "normal" people!! I thought I was just crazy, but let's face it: a girl has to make the most of her spending dollars - it's an ingrained genetic thing - and we are shopping with that in mind - why pay full price when you can get it cheaper? I do tend to buy in bulk at Sales, then save my dollars for the next BIG Sale! I rarely pay full price for anything.

Good for you about the competition. One time, earlier this year, I was picked as a Top 3 in a Challenge, and I think I was over-the-moon for about a month! I nearly fell off my chair when I saw my name "up in lights"!! Your cards are just gorgeous - so I am not at all surprised.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

I too did my swoop through the Cyber Monday sales and got enough goodies, stamps, Cricut cartridges and paper to give poor Santa a hernia delivering...So thank you Mr. Brown...you will save Santa the trouble!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 05:11 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelanne21View Post
Ooohh, your cards are precious!!
Awww.. thanks! I had a lot of fun making them. It's amazing how long it can take me to complete my cards. The long hours spent designing cards seems well worth it when the cards are finished though. I guess it's kind of like childbirth... very painful while it's in process but when it's all over - you don't remember anything about the pain ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #10  
Sis
Insane Embellisher

But your gonna have fun, fun, fun. Besides since your daughter is grown she knows who really ate the cookies and drank the milk...enjoy yourself LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 06:09 PM   #11  
Watercolor Wizard

Congrats on your win, OP! And have fun with your new goodies. . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #12  
Inking Addict

Oh yes, you are the only one doing this. Spoken by one who just got the Calibur and all the Grand Nesties and then just yesterday ordered the Big Shot Pro. I haven't got a problem at all...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlcarlsenView Post
Oh yes, you are the only one doing this. Spoken by one who just got the Calibur and all the Grand Nesties and then just yesterday ordered the Big Shot Pro. I haven't got a problem at all...
Oh my goodness... can I come over and play??? Sounds like you know how to shop better than I do! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

I bought MORE digi's last night from Bugaboo, and I love Lori Designs and Tiddly Inks!
I have been buying like crazy online since Friday!! Only got one "Shipped" notice so far. bummer lol
I LOVE your cards grandepuce I see why you won!
AND you had to tell me about the sale at Tiddly Inks??? For some reason I didnt know about that one. THANKS A LOT lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisView Post
But your gonna have fun, fun, fun. Besides since your daughter is grown she knows who really ate the cookies and drank the milk...enjoy yourself LOL
SCS doesn't only have a bunch of talented and creative stampers visiting the forum; apparently a bunch of comedians hang out here as well - you all crack me up! The sense of humor found on this thread has been great. Thanks for all the laughs everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're not alone. I've spent enough money in the last week on stamps (The Cat's Pajamas, Your Next Stamp, Unity), a Cricut and 5 cartridges, other cardmaking accessories, clothes, shoes, bedding, a tv, gifts, etc. with all the Black Friday sales that I could have bought myself a Scrapbox instead of entering the contest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandepuceView Post
There were no Stella stamps left because I bought out the entire Bugaboo store (I think) - Stella stamps are too funny!

Thanks to "my3littlemonkeys" - you just know I just have to go take a peek at the Stamping Treasures website to see if I can get some goodies before they are all gone! ;) I barely made it to Elzy Bells website in time to nab some adorable stamps when she went out of business.. I can't let that happen again! I still regret missing out on some of the Elzy stamps that I admired but never purchased and then poof... just like that they were gone! Sometimes I try to tell myself it was all just a dream and that I'm going to wake up to find out she didn't go out of business.... someone pinch me tell me it was all just a nightmare.
HA HA HA This is going to turn into a HUGE enabling thread! We would be dangerous if we all shopped together IRL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2010, 07:27 AM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Heart

Yeah, Stella & Gus have made it onto my "must have stamps" for 2011!
;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

LOL, I was bad too.... Bought a lot of great stamps from Impression Obsession and Art Impressions last month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

I have bought tons of stamps, more (!) paper than any house could/should hold, ribbon (I've run out of storage space for ribbon and still I buy) and enough markers to stimulate the economy for months. And that's just in November and December. I was feeling slightly ashamed of myself until I read this thread. Feel much better now. Thanks. Happy stamping, all.

Cindy/CA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

I have spent so much that I am leaving my credit cards at home when I go to class Saturday at my favorite scrapbooking store. Can we say "OUT OF CONTROL?"

My Blog
- My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes