Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITSO Storage at Target

Has anyone tried the ITSO storage at Target? I just saw it today and was curious. There are plastic and wood laminate styles. I'm trying to decide if this could be a solution to storing my 12x12 paper. There's a plastic bin that sits on it's side and plastic shelves to coordinate with it. There's also a wood laminate file drawer that can accomodate 12x12.

http://www.target.com/b/ref=in_br_di...node=618273011

Thanks.
Mary Jane
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2008, 08:47 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Those look sweet! Thanks for posting the link.

Friends are like the walls of a house. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes you lean on them. But sometimes, it's enough to know they're just standing by.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2008, 11:10 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, yes, yes!
I started a thread late last week... no one seemed interested! I've been waiting to get everything together before posting again. It's deeeeevine!
Let's see, 12x12 paper will fit in the large bins - but not if it has any of those edges with info, those would have to come off. It would totally fit on the shelves, even if they would have to stick out the front a little bit.
I bought two of the plastic bases (with shelves & bins to go in it) and am trying to figure out how I'll sucker DH into more ;). They're very sturdy feeling plus they have a plastic pin thing that keeps the bases together. Oh, and the edges nest together (if yours don't, flip the top one over till it does - ask me how I know this! ;)). Can you tell that I love this stuff??
Hopefully I'll get everything back in order soon & post a couple of pics!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I am thinking of getting these now. Do you still like them? What have you all learned about them? Do you have any tips before I purchase some? Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoutpupView Post
I am thinking of getting these now. Do you still like them? What have you all learned about them? Do you have any tips before I purchase some? Thanks everyone!
I haven't had a chance to post pics yet, but I will! Maybe this will be the kick in the pants that I needed.
Anyhow - yes! I still love these! I moved tons of stuff into the two I bought. I thought for a while that I would use deep & shallow buckets on the shelves, but decided to use all shallow ones instead. I did keep the two deep buckets, they live on top (clear stamps & ribbon live in there). I emptied a bunch of other drawers - wouldn't go back if you paid me!
The only problem I had was finding enough shelves (I have 3 or more Targets within driving distance, so I did eventually find them all). Here's something to look for: make SURE that both shelf supports are still taped to the bottom of the shelf *before* you leave the store. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 04:42 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Well, crud!! I can find the particle board plain cubes at target.com!! Only the plastic ones and the other components in the particle board! GRrrrr.... Do you think they are discontinuing these?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

ok, I take that back, they don't have the plain cubes in the Itso line but they do have a similar line of cubes and the plain cube is available. Now if I can only talk my hubby into letting me spend $200 on this. We just paid for my tuition for part time college and text books for three of us. My son is full time, my daughter is part time and I am part time. Not to mention, vacation and some new clothes for the begining of the school year. sigh....I think I will have to start with just a little bit at a time for now.

By any chance do you think these would hold up? http://www.target.com/Storage-Soluti...%20cube&page=1 It is a lot cheaper? I wanted to put books on the bottom two, catalogs in one on the next level up, and light stuff in all the rest? I was actually hoping to stack 3 high and two across with one extra one on top. I am heading into the neighboring town tomorrow so maybe I can see them in real life. Sorry I am rambling but I have got to get my office/school room/craft room in order. I homeschool my kids and am a part time student and classes for all of us start Monday. I was hoping to get organized before then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

i was just looking at these the other day. they look great and feel very sturdy. i didn't buy any (yet) cause i wanted to measure and figure out how i could work it into my craft area. if you get them post some pics and give us your opinion
My Etsy Store
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ok, I've posted pics of my 'new' space! Here is the link for before. Here is the link for after. And here is a link for a closer look at the Itso. There are a couple of other pics to look at, but that should give you the idea.
You can see inside some of the bins in the last pic, I pulled them out so you can get an idea of what will fit. I have consolidated SO MUCH STUFF into these! I know when I saw them for the first time I said "It's so perfect!!" - hah! they really know how to market, don't they?;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2008, 04:48 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

THanks for posting your pics. I saw the ITSO at Target and have been debating about these. I need something to replace my Sterlit drawers. THe ones I have are too small. I like how you can customize the drawers with small and larger pieces.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2008, 05:01 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

Default itso

not sure about these, my friend has them, and while she does have alot of stuff in them, the shelves seem to buckle after while, she has 2 small bins on a shelf and it bows in the middle...
FYI
ac moore either has or will have this week their partical board white cubes for 14.99 each...and i LOVE the paper storage ones,,,i have 4 stacked high and they are holding up great..probably 200 sheets per shelf, or 3-4 "stacks"
Reply With Quote Likes