Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-07-2004, 07:41 AM   #41  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering how the party went. I have a catty for TAC and CTMH. I am still a SU lover but I do love the designer papers from CTMH and a couple of stamp sets from TAC.

The ez mount system looks very interesting! My dh told me I could not buy any stamps once my drawers filled up. With all my stamps in cd cases, that would leave ALOT more room! lol Am gonna order one set and see what I think of it.
Member #3785
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2004, 08:10 AM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to neighbor_nancy
Default Another acrylic system...

I personally like the HALOS system, which uses a velcro-like substance on the back of the acrylic blocks and rubber... Check out http://www.halosrubberstamps.com/prod03.htm

I am a former SU hobby demo, looking for more sophistication and diversity of images. After 3 years of SU only, I'd purchased just about everything I could ever want from SU. I sell my cards, and was also looking for a more lenient angel policy. There are so many wonderful stamp companies emerging (i.e., stampsmith, stampington, stampland, stamper's anonymous, are a few of my new favorites, but check out http://www.rubberstampsclub.com/more-rubber-stamps.html for a list of vendors).

While it does require that I mount/unmount my image each time, I was running out of space! I have an entire room devoted to my stamps, and still needed more room. Although it took a while to get used to needing a cushion underneath my cardstock with the acrylic system, I have really come to appreciate storing 100 unmounted stamps in a very small space! Are all stamp companies equal in quality? No. You do have to be picky. I personally do not like the TAC or CTMH style. Other stamp companies' mounted stamps often need to be trimmed/remounted to my taste anyway (i.e., stampingon has some great images, but they don't trim the rubber closely, which leaves unwanted ink marks)

Please let me know if you have questions! I'm no expert on these other companies and have never purchased TAC or CTMH. I will also continue to purchase SU - but not mount on wood anymore. I just don't have the room!

All my best,

Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2004, 08:48 AM   #43  
Mad Swapper

All this discussion has got me interested in seeing what the other comapnies have to offer. If any TAC or CTMH demos are out there and want to trade catties, I would love to.

Robin
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2004, 09:39 AM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Do what I did, go to the party, have fun and purchase the catty and then use it for ideas!! :oops: At least the hostess got credit for a sale she wouldn't otherwise...
shel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2004, 10:08 AM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

you ladies are baaad, giving me other sites to look at! I use SU almost exclusively as I've got a great demo. I do buy other things when I see what I like. No one here has ever seemed to mention stampin.com. I buy a lot from them. But SU has the best papers, ink pads and EP.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2004, 11:09 AM   #46  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Other Companies

I have purchased things from other companies when I could not find some thing in the SU catalog that suited my needs. I have customers go to other places looking for things because they did not find what they were looking for in our catalog. For instance, a girl that attended one of my stamp camps was looking for some Kwanzaa stamps, and we did not have any. I told her that I had seen them in a magazine somewhere and I would advise her to look on the internet for the company that sells them. I myself would like to know this as well. Stampin Up carries a wide array of items but they do not speak to the needs of all people. There is very little in the catalog for African American's. One of my customers pointed out to me that she had seen some stamps that had kids who looked a little more ethnic than SU kids. I told her to let me know where she found them because I would like to have them for myself. I think people should buy whatever suits there needs.

Ebony
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2004, 08:09 PM   #47  
Crimping Master

Could you imagine the big honking catalog we'd have to carry if we tried to cater to everyone? lol.

I love SU and as far as stamps - I'm a purist. If it aint SU, I ain't using it. Not because there's nothing else better. But because I'm a demo and why go elsewhere. I borrowed a reindeer stamp from a friend to do some reindeer poop. I don't have a ton of xmas sets but none of the ones I do have a reindeer that I could use the word poop with (none period, poop or not). But I just couldn't use it. I show all my work to my customers. I don't expect the same from them but if I was talking to my Mary Kay lady and I liked some of her makeup or perfume and I asked her about it, boy I would kind of expect that it be something I can get from her. I've never seen my pampered chef lady using a tupperware can opener either.

But....still, I think everyone should buy what they like. It's your money. Just don't bring your cards you made with the other stuff to my stampers club. (Just kidding! I actually had someone do that. Did not bother me one bit.)

Mother of three wonderful children (Brayton-17 months, Brianna- 5 & Kyle-eight) and one grown man (my DH).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2004, 03:48 AM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ebony - Close To My Heart carries a "Happy Kwanzaa" set. E-mail me if you want more info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2004, 06:11 PM   #49  
Buttered Noodle Mingler

Well, I just have to post my opinion. I've only been to one party and I wasn't impressed. The demo used ink-a-dink-adoo ink pads because she liked them better...What's that saying for TAC? Not much! The catalog wasn't too impressive. They had a large quanity of stamps, but not a large variety of themes. I bought a few sets, but I have never even used them. Cutting them was a bear! They come on one large piece of rubber and you have to cut each one out. Oh! And you also have to attach the "sticky" backing! SO, you have to attach the rubber stamp sheet to another sheet and then cut it out! Some where so close to the edge, I was afraid I was going to lose the stamp image if I slipped at all! I do like the acrylic backs for letters, but that's about it.

Try to have fun and buy only what you think you'll really need and use.

Good luck.
Michele
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2004, 06:58 PM   #50  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Default Also Cheating on SU!

I am having a book show to pay for my huge TAC order! hehe. I had trouble finding a TAC demo out here on Guam so am getting a catalog from a TAC director in KS and showing it around to my stampin friends. Their version of Sell-a-bration is going on NOW so you get double hostess bennies and free stamps! Yes I am a stampin up demo but first and formost a stamper, so any brand is good if I NEED that image. (don't we NEED them all!)
-V
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2004, 10:14 AM   #51  
Compulsive Stamper

As a TAC demo this has been an interesting thread. Here are a few of my thoughts:

1. I really like TAC's ink pads, but the problem is that they do not have matching paper yet. Please remember that they are still new company. I imagine that in the future we will see matching products. In the mean time, my SU demo loves me

2. As for assembling the stamps it is no more difficult than SU. Mounting the stamps is easy. First, you pull off the paper backing on the sticky side of the EZ mount and you mount the entire rubber sheet to the sheet of EZ Mount. Next, pull off the paper from the non-sticky side. Then, you cut them out just as you would with SU. You then put them in a CD case or put them back in the plastic box they came in. You don't even have to mount them to wood or put on the stickers. Easy!!!!!

3. Yes, some of our stamps are country, some are cutsie and some are just plain ugly (in my opinion). However, these must sell or they would have discontinued them. I have sold quite a few set I thought would never sell. To each his own!

4. As an avid scrapbooker, I have all of the letter sets. For $20 you get upper, lower case and numbers. Can't beat that!

Have a great Thursday!
Laura
Reply With Quote Likes