Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
These are only two of the reasons I abandoned the CTMH envelopes. I came up with a solution (short-term) in one of the evolutions of my stamp storage system(s). I cut a transparency the same size as the carrier sheet for the stamp set and "hinged" it to the carrier sheet with tape. Then I could just have the whole stack in the crate or box or whatever and flip through them easily. I've attached a pic or two to show you what I mean.

I don't use this system any more, obviously, but it worked well for quite a while...
I didn't read far down enough! This is the same thing that I do with the sets, except for the white labels (too lazy to do that).
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2011, 04:48 AM   #42  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that the PTI CD system is not the best. Some of my CD cases have cracked and the larger sets stick to each other when the cases are closed.

I recently switched to the CTMH envelopes with much success. I highly recommend them with one caveat. Buy the larger letter sized (8.5 X 11) ones. Those envelopes have holes so that you can put them in a 3 ring binder. The smaller squares do not. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2011, 05:27 AM   #43  
Insane Embellisher

I am very happy with my SU dvd storage cases. I especially like them for the newer clear mount sets that come in the dvd case with all of the images (in a much smaller size)shown along the spine. Makes it so easy to just do a quick scan of my sets when looking for an image.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2011, 06:45 AM   #44  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyAngelView Post
I am very happy with my SU dvd storage cases. I especially like them for the newer clear mount sets that come in the dvd case with all of the images (in a much smaller size)shown along the spine. Makes it so easy to just do a quick scan of my sets when looking for an image.
I agree. I love SU's new DVD cases, especially the feature of the spine names and illustrations. I will probably be ordering these for my PTI sets in the future. I'll just have to scan the stamp set onto paper and slip it into the front of the case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #45  
Matboard Maniac

I found it hard to see the PTI stamp sets when I put the index stickers on the cd cases.
So now I leave it on the white paper and glue dot it on the out side of the case. It's easy to see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 172 Likes on 128 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ribbongirlsView Post
I agree that the PTI CD system is not the best. Some of my CD cases have cracked and the larger sets stick to each other when the cases are closed.

I recently switched to the CTMH envelopes with much success. I highly recommend them with one caveat. Buy the larger letter sized (8.5 X 11) ones. Those envelopes have holes so that you can put them in a 3 ring binder. The smaller squares do not. HTH!
could you share a item #. thanks
now i just need 50 or more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #47  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
could you share a item #. thanks
now i just need 50 or more!
Here you go...
Z1267 8 1/2" X 11" Paper/Stamp Organizer

If you look online, it's under Accessories > Organization > Z1267 8 1/2" x 11" PAPER/STAMP ORGANIZER.

JJ
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 10:41 AM   #48  
Crimping Master

I recently redid my scrapbooking room and decided to redo my stamp storage. I changed my PTI stamps first b/c these were the easiest. I'm storing them in the Tim Holtz or HL stamp storage pages using clear acetate. This was an idea that was shared by another stamper on another forum and I loved it! Here's the link to her blog for further details: Maple Street Menagerie: Clear stamp storage

I was originally storing my stamps in enclosed binders, but I found that this method saved me some space and could easily be adapted for all my clear stamps. For my non-PTI stamps, I simply stamp the image onto the clear acetate using Staz-On ink. I'm slowly converting everything else whenever I have spare time.

HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2011, 10:54 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 172 Likes on 128 Posts

love it! thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2011, 07:45 AM   #50  
Hardware Hotshot

I ordered a boatload of DVD cases from Amuse and I now have all of my clear stamps in them. OH BABY, I LOVE IT! So neat and organized! No more cheap flimsy CD cases, and no worrying about a stamp falling through the cracks. One other thing I love is that you can store on both sides of the open DVD case, and when you close it, the two sides do not touch each other and there is not sticking. Yea! I'm posting photos on my blog today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #51  
Glitter Guru

Thank you Mary Rose!! I am going to get that done over the Holiday break! I moved all my TAC and Studio G stamps over to the DVD cases, but was waiting for the PTI stamps. I am going to order more index sheets and get 'er done! They look great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #52  
Polyshrink Goddess

All of those that do not like the cd cases, I would be more than happy to take them off of your hands!!! HAHAHAHA!! I am in the process of unmounting all of my wood mounted stamps and put them in the cd/jewel cases. They fit perfectly, along with the SU dvd cases, in the photo boxes you can get from Michaels or AC Moore. Plus, I can stack them, but I have a shelving unit on my wall. I also label the boxes, i.e. "animals", "all occasions", "Christmas", "birthday", etc... so if I need a specific kind of stamp set, I go to the box(es).

I am in desperate need of CD jewel cases. If anyone is in the Maryland area and would love to give them away, please let me know and I'll make arrangements to come and get them. :o)

Linda "LZ" Zaworski
* Baltimore, MD *
My Facebook Stamping page/group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/221943441186603/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2011, 06:46 AM   #53  
Embossing Fanatic

I just received my first PTI stamp set. Looking at the CD case, I am thinking that it will not work. I have been thinking of ordering the stamp storage binders from Sunday after seeing it advertised on Splitcoast. Has anyone tried this system?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2011, 07:09 AM   #54  
Gabfest Goddess

I like them because I can fit them into a CD storage tower. I went through all my SU sets recently and got rid of about two-thirds of them. Went to Office Max and got a GREAT deal on CD cases, $10 for 25 I think. I unmounted them ALL, made labels with my label maker, went to IKEA and got a storage tower that holds 100-plus sets and alphabetized them, putting my PTI ones in the bottom sections. The tower is black wood. I'll try to post a pic later. It's worked out so great .... easy access, and it looks GREAT. I use my stamps so much more now!!
Reply With Quote Likes