Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #41  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 829 Likes on 336 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Card Stock QueenView Post
Do you find scrapping (stamping/scrapbooking) popular in your areas? Other than a couple girls down the Cape I don't know of anyone else in my area that scraps. The recipients of my cards are amazed that I made them and have said they don't know anyone who makes their own cards (I'm hoping that was a compliment rofl). I was a CTMH consultant for years and couldn't find anyone to book a demo. There wasn't any interest through my parish or library association. It's just not big around here.
Not too many around here either. I thought the northwest, midwest, and Calif. had all the stampers. Scrapbooking seems to be very popular, but I only know a very few stampers. None of the women I taught with did any type of paper arts.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #42  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe we're a dying breed? Maybe crafting is dying out ...

I know many women, of all ages, and only one who knits and none who crochet or sew.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindykidView Post
For those of you who say that you like touch and see the products in hand before making a purchase, do you find that when you buy online that you actually purchase less because you aren't as motivated by impulse decisions in the heat of the moment?
Great question! I actually do buy less of the truly new to me items. However, items that I know and love, like Penny Black stamps and Prima flowers I usually buy online in large orders because I love them so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #44  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Do you find scrapping (stamping/scrapbooking) popular in your areas? Other than a couple girls down the Cape I don't know of anyone else in my area that scraps. The recipients of my cards are amazed that I made them and have said they don't know anyone who makes their own cards (I'm hoping that was a compliment rofl). I was a CTMH consultant for years and couldn't find anyone to book a demo. There wasn't any interest through my parish or library association. It's just not big around here.
Another good question! I'm in southern California, and this is what I have noted: There are a lot of women who buy products and maybe even go to a lot of classes. There are many who "used to scrapbook when the kids were little." There are quite a few that go to an occasional class even. However, there are very few who consistently and on their own actually do any kind of paper crafting. In fact, many that are consistent are only consistent because they are trying to sell products.

I tried to be a SU demo, and, even though I signed up because friends were asking me to teach them, they weren't consistent about wanting to create. I think a lot of women like the idea of paper crafting, but don't make any type of hobby a priority. I am not really sure what most of them do with their free time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Maybe we're a dying breed? Maybe crafting is dying out ...

I know many women, of all ages, and only one who knits and none who crochet or sew.
Quilting seems to be still quite popular around here. There are several local quilting groups in the local quilting guild. A dear friend of mine, also in her early thirties, has been a part of a quilting group for almost as long as I have known her, about 8 years. She had quilts baby blankets.
Reply With Quote Likes