Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I, too, am a perfectionist and a first born! I sometimes takes me ages to start a project because I think it won't turn out like I want it to. My best success is when I don't have any preconceived idea of what I want to do! So I try to just "play" and it works out better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do the best I can and if I find a mistake, I just ignore it. Until it drives me crazy. I wouldn't say I'm a perfectionist, but if there is something to pick at.........
I'll just keep moving it around until I get it right. Remove this, add that, redo, add this----oh it needs brads, oh it needs Liquid Pearls----WAIT! That paper needs a crumpled edge!!! Aaaaaahhhhhhh!

I'm ok.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #43  
Glitter Guru

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
I'm in the middle too. Some variation in the stamped image is okay, as long as there is no fuzziness, and it's just the ink not being juicy enough. Sometimes, I will painstakingly go over the lines with a black pen, just to correct the "greyness".

What I'm fussy about is where I'm taping the layers together. I hate it when I forget my tape gun at makes-and-takes and have to do that tape-only-in-the-corners thing. When I'm taping my layers, the ENTIRE edge of every layer must have tape on it. And if it's popped up, there must be substantial amounts of foam tape under it; no tiny little bits here and there. And brads must go through ALL the layers except the card base. AND the prongs MUST lay COMPLETELY flat, so as not to show any "bump" on the card base. AND all my cards MUST be folded "book style" (versus have the card opening at the bottom) so that if someone displays them on a shelf for years on end it will still be standing. (If I have the card opening at the bottom, it starts to sag over time, even when I make the card with Papertrey's heavy cardstock). Oh yeah, and when I cut layers, there is a "good" side where the cut edge is curling downward. If I stamp and mess up on the "good" side and have to turn it over, I always curl the cut edges downward. I cringe if I am at someone's house and we are all making the same card but someone stamps on the "bad" side and leaves the cut edges curled upwards!! Aghhhh!
Wow. I learned a lot from this post, Sophie. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #44  
Crimping Master

I thought of this thread today when I was making a card that just would NOT work! I'd smudge the image, start over and then stamp one part too lightly, start over and then stamp at an angle...you get the idea. I have no idea how many pieces of cardstock I went through just for this one card front! Then I stopped and remembered how, over the weekend, my two-year-old spilled something in the kitchen and my husband got upset about it. I calmly reminded my husband that in this house, we're allowed to make mistakes. We're allowed to spill things, drop things, and in general mess up as long as it's not intentional. As I thought about that today, I wondered why I'm so easy-going about my kids' mistakes but so hard on myself about my own? I took a deep breath, started over one more time, and then allowed a few mistakes to be left on my card. As I looked at it, it didn't look imperfect, it just looked handmade. That works for me!

And yes, I'm a first-born (so is my husband), and I grew up in a house of perfectionists. So now I'm trying extra-hard to make sure my kids don't grow up thinking they have to be perfect.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #45  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatherineMView Post
Yes! Great thread! I too am a lot like you guys, it drives me nuts too trying to be as perfect as possible. I told myself that if I can't send the card to me, it's not good enough...lol...so now, I decided that once I've started the card, I'll walk away for a few mins....maybe get myself a cuppa...and lo and behold..the card actually looks good
I walk away from my cards a lot...sometimes for more than a few minutes, especially when I am getting close to the end. The time away seems to renew my creative energy and helps with the finishing touches!
Some of those cards take all day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
Wow. I learned a lot from this post, Sophie. Thanks.
Like, never to stamp with someone like me?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #47  
Mad Swapper

I remember seeing a stamp for the back of cards that read, "If it were perfect you wouldn't know that it is handmade."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #48  
Inking Addict

I make everything I do as perfect as I can. Cards, cookies, aligning books, making beds. I just like the look. Unfortunately, my family doesn't share my enthusiam.

My cards or projects take a long time. Some more than others. I finish it when I finish it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #49  
Glitter Guru

Not at all, Sophie! You just pointed out many small details that I have not yet learned to think about! And maybe will decide not to think about! But it's useful to know they are there to think about!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Not at all, Sophie! You just pointed out many small details that I have not yet learned to think about! And maybe will decide not to think about! But it's useful to know they are there to think about!
LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"Perfect" is so subjective. A card can be perfectly alligned, all layers cut properly to the hundredth of an inch, everything totally neat and tidy and still not be perfect. Because perfection is in the eye of the beholder. One person looks at the "perfect" card and sees a design flaw. Another doesn't quite like the color combination. Still another thinks it looks too manufactured and not original. I make a lot of cards for people whose taste is different from mine. So much of the time I'm not pleasing myself totally, but I agree with the posters who are happy to please themselves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 03:09 AM   #52  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

O boy what a topic mmmmmmm what am I? well if my matting is uneven I can't stand to look at the card and often through those ones away.

I wont used stamped images that have come out fuzzy, colour choices can often be an issue and those cards go to the bottom of the box (there are a lot of cards at the bottom of the box)

I can always find something to improve on, on every card I make.

I'm totaly amazed when people leave comments saying how much they like my card.

But......... I'm also driven to create and cards are by far the most satisfying and practical way to express that need and I do make one or two cards I really like strangly they are often the cards that no one comments on.

So I'm guessing that makes me a perfectionist all be it a flawed one (is that a contradiction in terms?)

I'm really not worried I'm just happy that others can get joy out of something I get so much pleasure from
Cheers

My Gallery - MyBlog

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow" - Kurt Vonnegut
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 03:19 AM   #53  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by piano5678View Post
I, too, am a perfectionist and a first born! I sometimes takes me ages to start a project because I think it won't turn out like I want it to. My best success is when I don't have any preconceived idea of what I want to do! So I try to just "play" and it works out better.
Ooooooo you would love VSN's no preconseved ideas there or at least none of yours, the preconceived idea comes from each of the hostesses

Cheers

My Gallery - MyBlog

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow" - Kurt Vonnegut

Last edited by Margscardcrazy; 03-28-2012 at 03:19 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 03:39 AM   #54  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeinSparksView Post
Interesting question - my husband, daughter and I are all first borns and I'm the only non-perfectionist! - and less stress-free than they are!

Diane
Is there some significants with first born? I'm first born and my husband is the baby of his family but my husband is more of a perfectionist than I am, he is also a procrastinator and often takes for ever to do something because he makes the whole thing to hard. I'm a doer I can't stand things being left but I also expect that they will be done properly. I manager 75 staff in a metropolitan hospital so I guess I really don't have much choice
Cheers
PS I love my husband to bits cos he lets me buy craft gear

My Gallery - MyBlog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 03:46 AM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I am a perfectionist. I am technically the baby in the family. I am the only from my parents. I have a slew of half brothers & sisters. I am Virgo too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 05:39 AM   #56  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Pleasing...not perfection!

I never considered myself to be a perfectionist. To me the term means that someone is a little "****", uptight, and too fussy and unrealistic anyway since no one is perfect. But since many of you consider yourselves perfectionist or OCD (do you REALLY have that diagnosis?), I would like to offer something else, here, another phenomenon. Women are strong beings and always want to be the best they can be and then some. We push the limits until we feel all is right. But in the eyes of who? Are we yearning to produce works of art like our idols. Mine are many, like Beate, Kittie C, Tim Holtz, Tammy T., and many others. The Master Tim Holtz always says, "Don't worry, You don't have to be perfect". OK, Tim...you are so right! I would like to offer that all of us should learn to do everything in our lives until it is well with our souls. Are we pleased to have that card a little crooked, or must it be straight as an arrow or else we are not satisfied? Some people don't mind sloppy work. But, how much you want to bet they had the best-est time of all/
Girls we have to have more fun in life. We have to play more. We have to forgive ourselves it that layer just can't be perfect. Let's face it. We are producing works of art that are love and cherished by the recipient.
God put us here on earth to enjoy ourselves. He told us to let Him worry about things. If He doesn't expect us to be perfect....shucks, then why should we. I LOVE ALL OF YOU GALS! Crooked lines of not!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 05:45 AM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Never considered myself a perfectionist, really. I like things lined up etc and use embellishments to cover my smudges a lot. Then I read Sophie's post and had to laugh at myself. THAT is ME! So, I guess, I am a perfectionist. At 66, is it too late to change or just accept? Maybe both.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 05:56 AM   #58  
Rubber Obsessor

I have learned by watching people's reactions to my cards and layouts that they really don't notice all the things I notice! Many "oops" turn into better cards like RavioliGirl's inside flowers. I don't always remember this though - I am a work in progress!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 05:56 AM   #59  
Cardstock Collector

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm the baby of the family and a Capricorn perfectionist. An artist friend of mine who introduced me to stamping freed me up several years ago by saying "Artists cannot be perfectionists." So now, for me, straight is my only requirement and I'm very careful when lining things up. A smudge or small mistake gets covered over. I also try to make my card top separate from the card itself and only attach it to the card base once it is complete. If I'm mass producing holiday cards, the flawed ones go to the people with the not so "perfect" eyesight ;D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 05:59 AM   #60  
Inking Addict

My husband is a woodworker and he calls the little flaws he sees in his work his "signature". I'm trying to see my crafting in the same way because I think it is such a great attitude.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #61  
Glitter Guru

I like the idea of making the card top separate! Except that then I would simply glue it down crooked!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #62  
Rubber Obsessor

I have two mantras (the second borrowed from a friend).

1. If you want perfect, go to Hallmark.

2. Done is better than perfect.

I used to be a compulsive perfectionist and seriously? it drove me CRAZY. And I also compulsively POINTED OUT the imperfections. (Which is even crazier.) But what was really interesting was that people would say, "I didn't even notice that."

It was only an imperfection in MY eyes...the recipients were always so appreciative and complimentary. Now I realize that hand-made is not perfect...it's not supposed to be. I'm not advocating sloppy work by any means, but when you do the best you can and it's still not absolutely perfect, I just look at it and say, "It's mine and I'm proud of it." And sure enough, whoever gets the card loves it too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #63  
Rubber Obsessor

I love all these comments! Embrace the imprefection of your design as 'handmade'. I would rather that people be able to tell that I actually took the time to make the card instead of thinking that it was purchased. With that said, I do always stamp my image a few times and then cut out the one that looks the best! ha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #64  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by margotgnView Post
My husband is a woodworker and he calls the little flaws he sees in his work his "signature". I'm trying to see my crafting in the same way because I think it is such a great attitude.
BRAVO!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #65  
Proud Fan Club Member

I am not a machine, so I don't expect machine-like precision. I do expect myself to do the best I can. Instead of worrying about perfection, I really just try to put heart and joy into my cards, using colors and images I love, making things for people I love. It really keeps the frustration level down!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #66  
Insane Embellisher

Another perfectionist heard from here! I am learning that sometimes to just let it go. I had to do that with a card I sent out today. I worked hard at the top layer and when I put it down on the card (that would be white on top of black) it was obviously crooked! I had put mounting tape on all four corners and so it was stuck! I sent it to a friend with a fun sense of humor and one who isn't looking for perfection! Also when I photographed it, it doesn't look crooked so that all my stamping friends don't look at it and immediately say "crooked"! What's with that girl. This card is the first one on my blog right now as I just put it up! You will see all kinds of crooked on it! Katy will love it - even if I can't look at it any more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #67  
Rubber Obsessor

Jansy, you wrote the quote I was trying to remember...Done is better than perfect. The story where I originally heard it was about not getting a card put in the mail on time because of doing it over and over to get it "right". The receipient would rather receive "something", rather than "nothing". So I have finally learned to concentrate on getting it DONE...the best that I can in a reasonable amount of time, and not keep on re-doing to the point of running out of time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #68  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

I've tried to post on this thread several times, but nothing I wrote "sounded" right...

Until I remembered this pin from one of my Pinterest boards, under 29 Ways to Stay Creative:

"Stop trying to be someone else's perfect."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #69  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Alice*View Post
I go for nearly perfect. I want perfect, but I accept slightly less. I found out a few months ago that my near vision is amazing, so I have started to believe my husband when he says the tiniest flaws are not visible to others.
I also have excellent near vision. Often, I can 'see' a layer is not perfect so I'll measure to see how far off it is and it can be less than 1/16 of an inch. About 1mm. I won't usually correct that but any more and I will. I sometimes use a ruler to align my layers if I have a bunch of straight sided panels all on the same card which makes one off kilter show up more. Sentiments have to be within a 1/16" too or I will redo it. They HAVE to be straight. I used to use a stamp positioner or stamp on a separate panel but now I have a gridded block and I rarely stamp crookedly. But I also love shabby chic and if I over distress a layer with too much ink or tearing, I'll usually leave it. Adds to the flavour.

It is very rare that I trash a whole card. I don't assemble a card until its almost all done so I can fix a layer if need be. Even if I screw up everything else, I can save a layer or two and the base.

I try not to be critical of other's work but I can see a crooked card or not-so-solid stamping a mile off. But I have no one I know who makes cards so I would appreciate any cards I was given even if not my standard or perfect.

I swap on Swap-Bot frequently and I often get stuff that is less than my standard of perfect but I always try to see the effort behind the work and not be nit picky.
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #70  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
I'm in the middle too. Some variation in the stamped image is okay, as long as there is no fuzziness, and it's just the ink not being juicy enough. Sometimes, I will painstakingly go over the lines with a black pen, just to correct the "greyness".

Oh yeah, and when I cut layers, there is a "good" side where the cut edge is curling downward. If I stamp and mess up on the "good" side and have to turn it over, I always curl the cut edges downward. I cringe if I am at someone's house and we are all making the same card but someone stamps on the "bad" side and leaves the cut edges curled upwards!! Aghhhh!
No way! Me too! I didn't know anyone else noticed the curled edges! A guillotine cutter eliminates that. It's only when I use my MS cutter for small cuts (guillotine has an almost 2" wide guard on it) that you can see it. And I went over some light areas with a marker just tonight! I even reinked my pad in between to try and avoid it but I guess it needed more! But I am frugal so I Only use tiny bits of foam adhesive and as little other adhesive as I can and still have it stick. Helps when I have to realign a crooked layer! ;)

BTW, I am not OCD in other ways. In fact I don't think I'm OCD at all. Not getting it right doesn't cause anxiety. And I can leave it if it's important and I run out of time. I am just precise and organized. I am an A personality and firstborn if anyone is tallying up!
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 02:52 AM   #71  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
I've tried to post on this thread several times, but nothing I wrote "sounded" right...

Until I remembered this pin from one of my Pinterest boards, under 29 Ways to Stay Creative:

"Stop trying to be someone else's perfect."
Oh, Linda, I love this!!!! I'm finally trying to be MY perfect, so my perfectionism no longer feels like a mental illness (boy, howdy, was it, for years!!!). It feels like me. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 04:21 AM   #72  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavagetwinView Post
I never considered myself to be a perfectionist. To me the term means that someone is a little "****", uptight, and too fussy and unrealistic anyway since no one is perfect. But since many of you consider yourselves perfectionist or OCD (do you REALLY have that diagnosis?),!
Yes, I have received a diagnosis of OCD. I was a victim of a violent crime several years ago and on top of being severely abused as a child made me OCD. Through the years I am doing a lot better as I heal from physcial, emotional & mental scars.

Yes, I am perfectionist. I studied in the performing arts when I was younger. There is a level of perfection in that industry and nothing will do less. No, I am not "****" uptight and too fussy. I am definitely not unrealistic. Trust me I have had too much realism thrown in my face I would give anything for a little innocence. Yes, I like my perfectionist believe it or not. I give everything to what I do. Does that make me the textbook perfectionist? Probably not.

I did understand your post. I thought it was very good.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #73  
Glitter Queen

I wouldn't call myself a perfectionist but I am very uncomfortable about sending a card that has glue or ink smears or misaligned paper pieces. For me, a card is either well done or I start over.

Since I always keep a copy (front only) of all cards I make for my portfolio, I use that one as my prototype. Mentally it is easier to throw away just a card front than an entire card. I might add, however, that some of my better card designs arose from a blunder somewhere along the way that made it necessary to rethink what I was going to do...okay, maybe I am a perfectionist- even my portfolio cards have to be just right.

I do, however, have a hard time with those whose attitude is "it doesn't matter what it looks like, because it's handmade" (or worse yet, "because it's art"). Yikes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #74  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
Yes, I have received a diagnosis of OCD. I was a victim of a violent crime several years ago and on top of being severely abused as a child made me OCD. Through the years I am doing a lot better as I heal from physcial, emotional & mental scars.

Yes, I am perfectionist. I studied in the performing arts when I was younger. There is a level of perfection in that industry and nothing will do less. No, I am not "****" uptight and too fussy. I am definitely not unrealistic. Trust me I have had too much realism thrown in my face I would give anything for a little innocence. Yes, I like my perfectionist believe it or not. I give everything to what I do. Does that make me the textbook perfectionist? Probably not.

I did understand your post. I thought it was very good.
DeeAnn thank you for your comment and also your courage to share with us. I take emotional difficulties very, very seriously and felt that "OCD" was being thrown around frivolously and thus unwittingly trivializing a quite serious disorder. You seem to be a courageous survivor. More power to you. Continue on your journey and I hope crafts offer you some peace.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 254 Likes on 137 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
Do I know what you mean, lol. I started off doing digital then went to stamping. Every time I fussed up a project I kept looking for the undo button. It would either take me two weeks, literally, to make a card. I completely psyched myself out over the stamping project.

I have OCD too. That's just bad, bad, bad for me as an artist. How I got over it? I started making messes. I love messes and then I get to clean them up. I think this is fun. I know some reading this now their eyes are bulging out of their head, lol.

I also read this article in a art magazine several years ago about needlework. One of the New England states was having a showing of American needlework from the Pre-Colonial days to 1940's. The author of the article wrote that Native American women always put in a mistake in their work to show that life is not perfect. I have kept that line in my heart ever since. That is what helped me let go of trying to be perfect. I really enjoy my crafting now but sometimes I still wish there was an undo button.
When we bought our carpet in Turkey, we learned that Islamic art always purposely has a mistake as only God make perfection.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #76  
Rubber Obsessor

If it's a "one-off", I don't worry too much (I try not to ruin the coloring, etc.). I do spend a lot of time trying to get a design perfect so I can make several cards with that design. What I do is just fronts (not folded) and give them to my mom to send as postcards. That way I don't waste any envelopes. I think getting the design "perfect" is more worthwhile than getting each single card "perfect".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #77  
Glitter Guru

That is a really interesting idea, whitebat. Doing the fronts and using them as postcards.

As I am a stamping newbie, I am working from both ends - one one hand I am trying to get technically more proficient all the time and on the other I am trying to relax my grip on the "perfection" thing. I am hoping that the two will meet somewhere in a good place. I'll be more able to execute what I want with precision, and I will also be less likely to drive myself nuts over those small perceived (and probably inevitable) flaws.

RR
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #78  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 254 Likes on 137 Posts

I must have my layers line up at least visibly perfect. Then, the greeting must be straight. If not, I will stamp it on a separate piece and place it over the goof. Smudges happen and can usually be disguised with an embellishment or by stamping some texture dots etc. over it. If it is really bad, yes, I have dropped an open ink pad on top of my finished card, then I must start over. There are things that even a non-crafter will notice and wonder why such a thing was sent to them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2012, 04:04 AM   #79  
Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I am somewhere in the middle. I like things to be lined up and will fix obvious misalignment. But when I was a demo I'd often have one or two in my classes that were very OCD. It took a lot to get these ladies past wanting it all to be absolutely perfect. I told them if they wanted perfection to go to Hallmark. If they wanted to give something from the heart it was handmade. That got them past being overly perfect. One of those ladies died about 2 years ago and I still cherish every card she made me. In my eyes they will always be absolutely perfect!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #80  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

The other adjustment I had to make when I started doing handmade cards is that once you have done all the hard work in Illustrator you can just print cards off at will. Even if you need to change out the sentiment or adjust something a bit, the card is always minutes from coming off the printer.

I am finding that after I work really hard on a card - I am sometimes just a tiny little bit reluctant to part with it! Once it's gone, it's gone!

RR
Oh, my goodness! This made me LOL. I started taking photos of my cards, because parting with them was sooooo hard for me. Especially the really "perfect" ones.

PAT
Reply With Quote Likes