Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-06-2011, 07:11 AM   #41  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stamp or surf for ideas and inspiration all day, ever day that I am home. That is my reward for being i the workplace 35 years. I usually make at least one card a day, and make duplicates of almost all my cards. One to send or use as a workshop sample and one to display. I've tried almost every crsft as it became popular, but when I found stamping I found my real passion.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 07:19 AM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Default How often I stamp

I have 2-3 days a week that I'm home all day. If I don't bake or cook something that day, I will probably stamp something. Either I spend a lot of time working on one card to get it exactly right (I make several copies of just the front) or I make a lot of cards. That would be maybe 4-6 or so. I have been doing all the color challenges with the same sketch (sometimes using it vertical instead of horizontal). I give some cards as gifts and try to sell some. I also make some for a specific occasion (congrats-new baby, birthday for a person who collects lighthouses, etc.). It's great when you make a card with someone's odd obsession featured (pink, castle on a cloud+ 3 giraffes) and they get more excited about the card than the gift!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

Lately I've been stamping or coloring with Copics about twice a week. I wish i could get in more time, but with 2 young boys, I can't always find more time.
Carla | A Muse Studio Creative Consultant #1069

Visit my blog: amusingink.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #44  
Cardstock Collector

Default I am a card-making addict!

If I am "in the mood" and my creativity juices are flowing, I can make up to 40 or 50 cards in one sitting (8 or 9 hours)!!!! In fact, there have been times I have gone to bed at 5:30 a.m. when the sun is rising and my husband is getting up for work!!! There are other times (like last night) when I made two cards and stopped because it felt more like a chore than something I loved to do.

When I am making a lot of cards, I don't usually make more than one of a specific design because I enjoy turning each card into it's own little work of art! However, I do tend to stick to one occasion at a time (birthdays, sympathy, graduation, get well, etc.) because I find it more efficient to work when you have all the same type of stamps out. I am lucky because I have a dedicated stamping workshop in a corner of the sunroom we built three years ago. What a heavenly space with all the sunshine and the deer to watch in our backyard...

So, what do I do with all these cards?!!! Obviously, when you make a few hundred cards a month, you can't use them all, so I sell them to gift shops in the area. I have also given a bunch of all-occasion cards to friends as gifts so they have hand-made cards to send out even if they aren't crafty themselves.

My card making time is limited since I work full time, but at least it gives me something to look forward to at the end of the day. In fact, on my drive home from work, I am already thinking about the cards I will make when I get home! If I could make a living making cards, I would quit my job in a minute... Too bad I can't sell them for what they are worth.:???: I am just happy to have a hobby that I truly love. Now I just need to stop buying supplies (my cupboards are overflowing) and just keep making cards!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #45  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm retired so I stamp when I want and its usually everyday. I moved to TN to be closer to my daughter and hardly ever see her so I fill my time with making cards. I make cards for OWH some days I make 10-20 then other days I might make 2. I've been doing digital images for a year and love the versitility of images. I have my own Studio so I can close the door and walk away but I try to clean up my work space each day. I've been doing this for 8 years and I still love to create. I make 100 cards a month to send Operation Write Home and that is a great way to fulfill my need to make cards and the profound feeling of being needed by the soldiers that enjoy my cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

After working full time job, laundry and housework, all landscaping and being hubbie's secretary I still find time to make at least 3 to 5 cards a week. (Hubby is not lazy, lol. He works 6 days a week). I also scramp with my friends at least one Saturday out of the month so I get a lot done then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #47  
Glitter Queen

I usually make 4-8 cards a week, but make a lot more the first week of the month when I get together with friends. I send cards to people in our church every week, so I need to have a variety of cards available. It keeps me looking for interesting ideas, so people who need weekly cards don't get repeats. What a lot of fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

I stamp every day! Every once in a while I will have other things, that prevent me from doing so, such as vacation or commitments with my boys. Depending on how creative I am sometimes I can make several cards in one day.

I design for Heartfelt Creations,
The Stamps Of Life
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

I make 1 card per week and at the max 2! Yeah that's all I can squeeze in. I can rarely make 2 cards in a row unless they're based on the same layout.

Blogging, surfing and sewing take up some of my time. And oh my full time job too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i spend time thinking about it, or looking for ideas, but i don't get nearly enough time to actually do it. sad, i know. sometimes i do stamp alot of images ahead of time to get them ready to watercolor, or color in some other way later. then eventually i do get to piece together things i've completed into a card. i'm just so limited on free time, but i dream of a time when i'm retired and can play all day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #51  
Matboard Maniac

It is normal to want to stamp all the time. This morning I got up and said, "I am really in the mood to make a card with a small sentiment and use white ink!" So I did. I made the card, and you can see it in my gallery using the link below.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Skype™ to jogrybali
Default stamping daily

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherryLeeView Post
I stamp every day. If I'm not stamping I'm on the internet looking for ideas.
Hi to you all.
I live in Bali, and the indonesian government insists we take domestic staff, to help the unemployment. I just love this, I am a lady of leisure now and everyday I am in my craftroom, either making some cards or searching the net for new ideas.
Have a nice day,
Jogry/bali
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #53  
Kookie Creator

It sounds like I may need to move to Indonesia!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2011, 07:49 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 472 Likes on 351 Posts

I'm retired now so have way more time to stamp. But it depends on the season - I'm an avid gardener so in spring and early summer, I'm out in the garden way more than in the craft room. My favourite stamping days are the dreary winter days - then I'll sometimes spend a few hours making cards. I find it hard to be inside when the weather is beautiful. So in the summer I've been known to stamp some images, cut the cs, then take it outside to colour and assemble!

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #55  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by kempdView Post
I may not actually be stamping, but it's always in the back of my mind. I was at a concert in a church about a week ago, and the church had a wall that got me thinking about colors - a beige wall with brown and turquoise. It seems there's inspiration everywhere! I love "organizing" my space and trying to make it more efficient. And I love being here with all my fellow stampers. And then there are the times I actually stamp! All of it is good!
Wanna come for a visit? My space could use some major help in the organization dept!! =)

Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #56  
Glitter Queen

I just Need to know what should I do with my cards, I dont have anyone to send them too, so im storing them in a shoe box...lol

Keep your ears open when you are in a group, listen for birthday and anniversary dates, even if past ones and keep the dates on file. Friends or aquaintances are so surprised you remembered them.
Reply With Quote Likes