Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Not me!

I have a Scor-Pal and MS's scoreboard (that I got for 50% off at M's last year). I don't need another scoring tool, especially when I would have to pay full retail price for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
What Score-pal, what Martha Stewart? I don't have either and may not get any!
Mary! I am shocked! You make so many beautiful cards. You deserve to have a scoreboard of some type.

Get yourself a coupon, go to Mikes and get the Martha board for about $10.

That's an order.:mrgreen:

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #43  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wenchieView Post
I'm going home with the one who took me to the dance and that's Martha! LOL

If I was a demo, quite honestly, I would have personal integrity issues peddling the SU! version of this product for a couple of reasons. IT AINT ALL THAT DIFFERENT! So they added a metal scoring tool. Big woop! I've been doing that for years on my own! They might have got the idea from someone here or even me for that matter. It's not genius and not worth paying through the nose for. Oh . . . it has nifty markers so you don't lose your spot. Is it really THAT hard to read the ruler? A post it will work just as nicely. It's certainly not cheap PLUS the shipping is ridiculous.

So, as a demo talking to a NEW crafter, it'd feel just a tad predatory recommending a $30+ tool (lord only knows how much more it is CDN) when I can send them down to the Michaels store and get one for half the price. Let them spend their savings on other more worthwhile product.
I live way up north in Canada and last I checked, we don't have a Michael's (or Walmart, or Joanne's or an scrapbooking store). I'm ok recommending a quality product (this thing is built like a brick ;) ) to my customers even if it is more expensive than other models. I have a Scor-Pal and I loved it. I loved it when I was stamping all by myself because I couldn't demo with it.

The plastic markers save me from handing out scads of replacement paper at events because customers score on the 4 1/2" instead of 4 1/4" mark. "Follow the markers, ladies...follow the markers."

SU may have been late to the game, but they came out with a quality tool that I believe will compete nicely with all the other scoring tools. We all know how papercrafting reaches out and grabs us. There are like the Borg. We eventually assimilate all crafters. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 04:08 AM   #44  

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been stamping for 6+ years and never owned a scoring tool. I am a demo so I bought the SU one when it became available. Now I will be able to confidently teach multi-scored projects at my classes...the SS is so easy to use and I agree with the others that the place markers are what puts it miles above the rest. If you have 20 ladies at a class and you have to keep showing them where to score things take A LONG time....with the place markers they can have at it and not worry about where they are supposed to score.

If price is the issue then host a workshop and get it with your hostess dollars.

SU may have been late to the game but that doesn't mean that every crafter everywhere already had a MS or ScorePal etc.

My Blog: Did You Stamp Today? | Fab Friday Challenge Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

My Scor-Pal is the old one with grooves at the half inch. I have been wanting a new one with grooves at quarter inches.

Will definitely get the SU "Simply Scored" because it has those little "pointers" to mark where you want to score. Wonderful for multiples of a project.

BTW... if you only use your scoring tool for cards, go to the Scor-Pal website and click on Projects. There are a bunch of fun ideas to play with.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #46  
Mad Swapper

I never had a scoring tool and saw no reason to buy one. I bought the SU Simply Scored once I saw it at Convention (yes, I am a demo). I LOVE it! It is super high quality and will last forever. I will be demonstrating it at my hostess club later this month as well as at my downline meeting. I'm very confident that it will sell! Very few (if any) of my customers own any type of scoring tool. They just need me to show them how much they need one! ;)

Marla
Like me on Facebook
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

I feel the same way about SS and I do about the Big Shot. Not a chance in you know what.

With due respect, I don't care how "incredible" everyone says it is.

I have four score boards (Score-it, the MS, Score-pal and my newest & favourite the Score-buddy). I won the Score-it and got the other three all on extreme sale. I'll save what limited dollars I have for other stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #48  
Die Cut Diva

I'm really happy that the demo's can now show projects made with a score board! No matter what kind of board you have the principal will be the same. Yay! Bring on the projects!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #49  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

Just saving my pennies so that I can buy one. Not a demo, don't have a whatever, but want this!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #50  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was lucky that my Scor-pal was a prize from SCS several years ago. I'd vaguely thought that a score board would be handy, but at near AUD$70 I always put off buying one. So I was thrilled to get one for free, and I use mine a lot. It really came in handy when I made over a dozen origami roses that required straight folds at every one inch. Each one came out perfectly folded.

A few months ago I was ready to hit the 'buy now' button at Scor-Pal so I could get a board with more grooves. Glad I waited, coz I'm still hoping that SU! will put one in our next catty. I'm ready to buy.

I do believe that I'm the only one from my card making club of 12 ladies to have a score board.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 05:28 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJView Post
My Scor-Pal is the old one with grooves at the half inch. I have been wanting a new one with grooves at quarter inches.

Will definitely get the SU "Simply Scored" because it has those little "pointers" to mark where you want to score. Wonderful for multiples of a project.

BTW... if you only use your scoring tool for cards, go to the Scor-Pal website and click on Projects. There are a bunch of fun ideas to play with.
Here's the link:
Welcome to Scor-Pal! - Full Project Listing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm not a demo but in the SU club meetings I attend, I believe I am too the only one with one. I came to know SU later in my stamping hobby, so I wasn't (and still am not) an SU only kind of girl. Many who start with SU, stay with them strictly as they are more comfortable or financially it makes sense for them. I can see many of those getting the SU score tool. I have two already so I won't be getting a third. I do like the place markers but have managed for years without them. I actually hated going to the SU clubs and having to fold and bone score my cards. I am so used to pre-scoring my folds. My demo already got one and it was nice to have at this months' club meeting. Warning: the accessory door is not a tight fit (at least not on hers) and all her place markers fell out and got lost. :( You may want to put them in a little plastic bag just in case. No matter what brand you get, I highly recommend getting a score tool, SU or otherwise.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #53  
Rubber Obsessor

If only would have had a head's up that SU was coming out with one, I would have waited the 2 months to get that. Didn't have any scoring tools except the groove on the Fiskars cutter and a bone folder. Finally got talked into getting the Martha Stewart one due to sale price of $9. And I do love it and how it has the 1/4" instead of just 1/2" like the others out there in the craft stores. BUT the moveable place markers (and extras available for when more are needed or if any get lost) is a real perk. I also have thick glasses and problems with my eyes not working together (eye doctor says I have lost my "binocular vision" ... on the eye test, I cannot do the part where they say "tell me when the red and the green lines are forming a straight line" because for me they NEVER do!). Even using those skinny sticky tabs that students use to mark place in textbooks, I have messed up cardstock when ended up scoring the wrong line.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #54  
Insane Embellisher

I don't plan to. I have a MS that I got on sale at M's, and it suits my needs quite well. I don't really care what name is on the board - as long as it works.

Oh, and don't forget that generic syrup is NASTY.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 01:05 AM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I am sure SU realized most of us have a scoring board. They may have introduced this just for their Demos to buy. Scoring boards are popular and they didn't have one. They don't want their Demos demonstrating other brand products .
I do want to mention that EVERY stamp store has black ink, even though most stampers already have it. When a product becomes common in an industry, all stores carry it. Still some people walk into a store and need a product others have had for years.

SU's score board does not necessarily mean they are trying to extort $$ from demos, it means they are rounding out their offerings to make them comparable to what the market offers. As this thread proves, there ARE still people who are scoring the original way -- bone folder and trimmer or (gasp!) ruler.

Even the Score Pal has evolved. And industrial score tools were available well before "boards" aimed at crafters. I wonder what comment like the above quote really offers to a crafting conversation. Maybe I am mis-reading it?

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 01:18 AM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickers089View Post
HAHAHA...Sure can! I have had the same "discussions" with my own mom. I will tell you that I bought Some reduced fat peanut butter at Aldi's that seriously takes just like the JIF reduced fat. I thought I'd try it since it was half the price that I pay for JIF. Ok, back to your regularly scheduled stamping discussions. :p
Oh this cracks me up.

My hubby does the grocery shopping and I really have to specify BRAND. He buys the sales, which is great til he throws out half of the 20% cheaper item because he doesn't like it. He brought home sale kidney beans one time. I had to explain the starch content requirements for chili. Don't know if he believed me, but I know he didn't want to sit through the cooking show explanation again!

Often with crafting, I have learned cheaper is not worth it if you do not use the item quickly or if the item will get lots of use. (Cheap paper punches -- yuck!)

My new favorite site...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #57  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendant23View Post
I do want to mention that EVERY stamp store has black ink, even though most stampers already have it. When a product becomes common in an industry, all stores carry it. Still some people walk into a store and need a product others have had for years.

SU's score board does not necessarily mean they are trying to extort $$ from demos, it means they are rounding out their offerings to make them comparable to what the market offers. As this thread proves, there ARE still people who are scoring the original way -- bone folder and trimmer or (gasp!) ruler.

Even the Score Pal has evolved. And industrial score tools were available well before "boards" aimed at crafters. I wonder what comment like the above quote really offers to a crafting conversation. Maybe I am mis-reading it?
This was my quote and I certainly didn't mean it was a way to get more money from their Demos!
There are a lot of scoring techniques that can be done with a scoring board other than just scoring the center of a card. . SU did not have one so the Demos could not share those ideas. Su doesn't want them to demo products they don't sell.
Now the Demos can buy a scoring board and share scoring ideas. The customers can either buy the SU scoring board or use the one they have, but this will add to the repertoire of techniques for classes or workshops.

It is no different than when a Demo showed us an embossing folder she used in her Bigshot and then put Shimmers over the raised parts. I bought the embossing folder and the Shimmers and used it in my Cuttlebug. If she didn't have an embossing/ die cutting machine she couldn't have shown us that. Sorry if what I said sounded negative
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 03:39 AM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
This was my quote and I certainly didn't mean it was a way to get more money from their Demos!
There are a lot of scoring techniques that can be done with a scoring board other than just scoring the center of a card. . SU did not have one so the Demos could not share those ideas. Su doesn't want them to demo products they don't sell.
Now the Demos can buy a scoring board and share scoring ideas. The customers can either buy the SU scoring board or use the one they have, but this will add to the repertoire of techniques for classes or workshops.

It is no different than when a Demo showed us an embossing folder she used in her Bigshot and then put Shimmers over the raised parts. I bought the embossing folder and the Shimmers and used it in my Cuttlebug. If she didn't have an embossing/ die cutting machine she couldn't have shown us that. Sorry if what I said sounded negative
I did leave your name off in case I was misunderstanding you, and obviously I was. Thank you for taking the time to make it clear to me.

My new favorite site...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 04:21 AM   #59  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 431 Likes on 164 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardLadyTooView Post
I agree - SU missed the boat on this one - I have a scor pal and the MS one and will not be ordering the SU one.................
That's sort of their marketing pattern isn't it? See how well another company does with their sales first. Unfortunately, the only ones who have to buy new ones from them are their demos and new stampers. I only speak from experience, not fanning any flames. My scor pal and scor buddy don't need replacing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 05:00 AM   #60  
Glitter Guru

I'm planning on ordering one. I already have the ScorPal and a ScorBuddy. I do love my ScorBuddy. I won it here from Dare to Get Dirty 2010. I'm not planning ong replacing the scoring boards I have unless the SU one wows me so much. I have no problem adding another tool to my workshop. DH has more than one hammer, and definitely more than one screwdriver.

I like the idea of the markers. I like SU products.

I think its great there are several brands of scoring tools to choose from. To me it's like cars, there are lots of brands and lots of options to choose depending on what you want to pay.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #61  
Compulsive Stamper

I have the Martha Stewart one - same thing as someone else already said - I got it for $10.00 with a 50 % off coupon at Michaels... which I think is not to bad to price wise...
I don't really like the Scor-pal because of the score lines, that is why I went with the MS every 1/8 gives you more opitions.
Also I like that with the MS you can make envelopes.

However the SU ones seems to be just like the MS just more $$$$$ I do like the scoring tool which you just buy that for $4.50

And with SU you have to realize that there are tons of items that they sell that you can go get at Michaels.

A Big Shot (sure they have dies that you can only get through SU)
There 12x12 Trimmer and replace blades

In the mini holiday catalog they have a "Stickles" like product..... they only one color, and I'm sure I will keep getting Stickles for less some other place.

There punches and trimmers are made by Fisker and that is a brand that sells in craft stores and most of the time you can use coupons on these items.

However I LOVE stampin up for there paper (I can never find 2 pieces of red paper that match at any craft store) I love that you can get everything to match From Paper to Ribbon to Ink....

And Demos CAN'T USE ANYTHING THAT IS NOT STAMPIN' UP, they can't even have a blog that has other products on it.... so lots of demos are forced to buy things even when they already have the tool/product that is working just fine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #62  
Crimping Master

[/QUOTE]
And Demos CAN'T USE ANYTHING THAT IS NOT STAMPIN' UP, they can't even have a blog that has other products on it.... so lots of demos are forced to buy things even when they already have the tool/product that is working just fine![/QUOTE]

That's actually incorrect and a misconception that started with the last IDA change. A demo is free to use whatever product she wants on her blog, she is just not allowed to tell you where you can go buy it.

As for the SS, I have the MS one and don't really see a need to switch. I don't think SU's is of higher quality, just another board, slightly different than the others.

I think to claim something to have the best quality is only a claim that should be made from people who have actually used all the different boards and even then, it's only personal opinion!

Each board on the market will have different bells and whistles and it's up to the consumer to choose what works for them!
Ethin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #63  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am a 6+ year hobby demo and I've been using my paper cutter with the scoring blade when I want to score something. I will be getting SU's version, probably during SAB. We don't have Michael's or Joann's here in Hawaii so no coupons for me...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

I am happy with my Scor-pal (because I won it) and I bought the Martha Stewart one with my 40% off coupon. The SU board looks the same as Martha's but for a ton of money more!! (plus shipping and handling and 13% tax here in Canada) Yikes and what on earth do I need another score board for anyway ..just because it's Stampin up??? I don't think so......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #65  
Compulsive Stamper

And Demos CAN'T USE ANYTHING THAT IS NOT STAMPIN' UP, they can't even have a blog that has other products on it.... so lots of demos are forced to buy things even when they already have the tool/product that is working just fine![/QUOTE]

That's actually incorrect and a misconception that started with the last IDA change. A demo is free to use whatever product she wants on her blog, she is just not allowed to tell you where you can go buy it.

As for the SS, I have the MS one and don't really see a need to switch. I don't think SU's is of higher quality, just another board, slightly different than the others.

I think to claim something to have the best quality is only a claim that should be made from people who have actually used all the different boards and even then, it's only personal opinion!

Each board on the market will have different bells and whistles and it's up to the consumer to choose what works for them!
Ethin[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about being able to use other items on your blog??? What about when you do a work shop ... say could you use another die cutting machine... I was told by an upline that I was not allowed to use ANY other products on my blog, COULD NOT be apart of another blog that had other products on it and COULD NOT use any other products at a workshop.....

And I agree with you about using all the different products, and some people like certain things for certain reasons.... it really comes down to what works best for you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #66  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoChicsCricutView Post
And Demos CAN'T USE ANYTHING THAT IS NOT STAMPIN' UP, they can't even have a blog that has other products on it.... so lots of demos are forced to buy things even when they already have the tool/product that is working just fine!

Ethin[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about being able to use other items on your blog??? What about when you do a work shop ... say could you use another die cutting machine... I was told by an upline that I was not allowed to use ANY other products on my blog, COULD NOT be apart of another blog that had other products on it and COULD NOT use any other products at a workshop.....

And I agree with you about using all the different products, and some people like certain things for certain reasons.... it really comes down to what works best for you[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can use other products on your blog, that is totally correct. SU is not the stamping police. People way over-reacted and read way too much into the IDA. We just can't (as demos) link to sites where competing stuff is sold which makes total business sense. I work at a hospital and we don't refer patients to the competing hospital in town, we send them within our hospital network.

And SU isn't going to come beating down your door at a workshop IF you use something that's non-su but as a demo why in the world would you, you want the people to buy things from you, not the other places, right?

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 05:01 AM   #67  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickers089View Post
JIF peanut butter, Heinz Ketchup, Hellman's mayo, Kraft mac n cheese....:rolleyes: yup
Skippy peanut butter is better, LOL!

As for the OP, I have an original scor-pal and it's more than adequate to my needs. That said, if I didn't have a scoring board or my kids broke my scor-pal using it for home base in a baseball game, I would buy the SU one...those little pointer thingies are very cool and SU is generally reliable for putting out high-quality product. I think it's great that we stampers have so much choice and so many vendors to supply our addiction! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 06:47 AM   #68  
Compulsive Stamper

Of course I wouldn't want to use any other product if Stampin' Up Sold the same product, I would want them to buy it from SU
However I had been wondering about the things like the Cricut, which SU doesn't sell something like the Cricut.

Thank you so much for the information!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #69  

Quote:

Of course I wouldn't want to use any other product if Stampin' Up Sold the same product, I would want them to buy it from SU
However I had been wondering about the things like the Cricut, which SU doesn't sell something like the Cricut.

Thank you so much for the information!
No prob! We could not or I guess I should say should not use the Cricut because after all it is a die cut machine and we do sell the big shot. It's still a competing product even though it's not exactly the same.

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 07:25 AM   #70  
Splitcoast Team Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

I love my Scor-Pal and my Scor-Buddy and use them all the time. I won't get another board, neither Martha's nor SU's. I support Diana, who had the original idea of that board.

I guess SU listened partly to their demos. I know a lot of them (and before I resigned me too) asked for a scoring tool, back when the Scor-Pal was still the only one besides Scor-Board on the market. I am glad for the SU demos that they got their wish, although I wish they would have used and supported the company that came up with the idea, Scor-Pal. Just my 2 cents.

my gallery - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 07:30 AM   #71  
Gabfest Goddess

Maybe SU did approach Scor-Pal and both could not come to the terms either company was happy with. Look at some of the other products SU offers that are made by some other companys, e.g. EK Success, Sizzix to name just a few. Just food for thought....

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #72  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
No prob! We could not or I guess I should say should not use the Cricut because after all it is a die cut machine and we do sell the big shot. It's still a competing product even though it's not exactly the same.
Yes the big shot does cut dies, but they are not the "same" as what the cricut can do.
And I do not mean using a cricut in workshop, or class.

I was simply told you could not even say you owned a cricut on your blog if you were a SU Demo

(When as I'm understanding it now you CAN USE whatever you want you just can't go tell people where to buy other stuff)

I for one LOVE SU paper and it is the most amazing paper for the cricut ... and would love to be able to say to people ... use this paper with yoru Cricut ... but because I was told it was "the deadly sin" to meantion a cricut or the use of a cricut with SU product I was surprised when I saw the post above when someone said it was okay.

The BIGGEST reason I got into SU (I was a scraper for along time with SU and did just fine) was for their Stamp pads which are better than any other stamp pads out there and way more cost effective and for their paper which is has amazing colors and cuts so great on my Cricut

Now I think its a huge downfall to not "be allowed" to say this to someone who I'm trying to get to buy SU products......

And ... as I stated before there are many SU products that you can go buy in Michaels ....
Would I rather let someone know that the MS scoreboard can be purchased for $10 - $12 with a coupon at Michels and have them do that and come spend more money with me ... maybe....
Would I Demo a MS board over a Simple Scored ... no
Would I Demo Stickles over Stampin' Glitter Glue ... no
Would I Demo the Cuttlebug over the Big Shot ... no

Would I want to show a layout or card I did with Cricut cuts ... yes because it would be honest of me to say THIS IS ANOTHER REASON I LOVE SU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #73  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post
Skippy peanut butter is better, LOL!

As for the OP, I have an original scor-pal and it's more than adequate to my needs. That said, if I didn't have a scoring board or my kids broke my scor-pal using it for home base in a baseball game, I would buy the SU one...those little pointer thingies are very cool and SU is generally reliable for putting out high-quality product. I think it's great that we stampers have so much choice and so many vendors to supply our addiction! ;)
Is not. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #74  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My favorite is Trader Joe's chunky with flaxseed

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm a demo who has used the original ScorPal for the past few years. I bought the new SU! Simply Scored tool so I could use it with my club and I LOVE it! First, it's great to be able to score at all the places without doing math. As Mindy said, the moveable place markers are awesome for those of us whose eyes have trouble tracking those close-together grooves! And, the metal stylus does a great job. It makes those little 3-D projects even easier!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #76  
Stampin' Fool

No Hellmans...must be Kraft!!! LOLOL Makes me think of another funny story. When my cousin moved in with his roommate, they went supply shopping. One picked up Comet and one picked up Ajax. They were arguing over which was superior. They each picked up the one that their mother's used. Hmm...wonder which won???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #77  

Quote:

Yes the big shot does cut dies, but they are not the "same" as what the cricut can do.
And I do not mean using a cricut in workshop, or class.

I was simply told you could not even say you owned a cricut on your blog if you were a SU Demo

(When as I'm understanding it now you CAN USE whatever you want you just can't go tell people where to buy other stuff)

I for one LOVE SU paper and it is the most amazing paper for the cricut ... and would love to be able to say to people ... use this paper with yoru Cricut ... but because I was told it was "the deadly sin" to meantion a cricut or the use of a cricut with SU product I was surprised when I saw the post above when someone said it was okay.

The BIGGEST reason I got into SU (I was a scraper for along time with SU and did just fine) was for their Stamp pads which are better than any other stamp pads out there and way more cost effective and for their paper which is has amazing colors and cuts so great on my Cricut

Now I think its a huge downfall to not "be allowed" to say this to someone who I'm trying to get to buy SU products......

And ... as I stated before there are many SU products that you can go buy in Michaels ....
Would I rather let someone know that the MS scoreboard can be purchased for $10 - $12 with a coupon at Michels and have them do that and come spend more money with me ... maybe....
Would I Demo a MS board over a Simple Scored ... no
Would I Demo Stickles over Stampin' Glitter Glue ... no
Would I Demo the Cuttlebug over the Big Shot ... no

Would I want to show a layout or card I did with Cricut cuts ... yes because it would be honest of me to say THIS IS ANOTHER REASON I LOVE SU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can most surely say that you have XYZ product. There is a big difference between saying what you used and "promoting" a product. Again, you just can't link to a site that sells said product but can mention other stuff incidentally. I would assume that it would be ok so say that SU cardstock works well in the cricut. That's not promoting it but our cardstock, kwim?

I am SU only simply because it works for me for many reasons but there a LOT of demos who use other products and post on their blogs. They simply say the supplies they used and move on without going into too much detail. And yes, I love our stamp pads too:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #78  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Mary! I am shocked! You make so many beautiful cards. You deserve to have a scoreboard of some type.

Get yourself a coupon, go to Mikes and get the Martha board for about $10.

That's an order.:mrgreen:
Hey Bugga, just saw your post, HI!! I don't know, will have to stew about this some more, I seem to be doing just fine with my trimmer and bone folder, guess I'm just old fashion...;) Oh and hold on to your hat...I don't have a Facebook account either!

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com

Last edited by craftymomto2; 09-18-2011 at 02:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #79  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
You can most surely say that you have XYZ product. There is a big difference between saying what you used and "promoting" a product. Again, you just can't link to a site that sells said product but can mention other stuff incidentally. I would assume that it would be ok so say that SU cardstock works well in the cricut. That's not promoting it but our cardstock, kwim?

I am SU only simply because it works for me for many reasons but there a LOT of demos who use other products and post on their blogs. They simply say the supplies they used and move on without going into too much detail. And yes, I love our stamp pads too:-)
That is sort of what I'm understanding about the whole thing..... and that really is the most reasonable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #80  

All you people are crazy with this peanut butter talk! Don't you all know that Nutella is the way to go?!

;)
Reply With Quote Likes