Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #41  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take digital photos and have them printed through Shutterfly.com (an online photo processing company). This saves on the cost of ink cartridges. I take lots of photos so I purchase a package where I can get prints at a very low cost . Different companies offer similar packages. They offer online storage and enable you to save and/or share your prints. I store the individual prints in a photo box, which will hold probably 500 or more prints. Need to go in and sort the prints in some order, but, for now I have copies of my favorites. This discussion has given me some good ideas of how to start organizing my prints.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #42  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile organizing

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
Too Funny:p

I print out all of the Wednesday sketch challanges and have two folders full of these. I all so pop cards into my Favorite file here on SCS.
With all the ideas I've saved over the last 15 years, never thought to do this - starting a new file tonite! Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2009, 05:52 AM   #43  
Glitter Queen

Default Business Cards

This idea works for me...I print the picture of the card on a sheet of business card stock and I include the web site where I found the idea. Once the business card stock sheet is full, I separate the cards. Next, I purchased a binder with plastic inserts for business cards and organized the "ideas." At Wal-Mart I found divider pages that are plastic, with pockets, and the tabs can be seen beyond the business card sheets. I can label each section with a tab. Sometimes I print out the instruction sheets and place them in the divider tab pockets. Great way to organize ideas! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2009, 06:32 AM   #44  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiddielitterView Post
I jam them into the cluttered closet of my brain and hope a good one falls out when I open the door!
Bwaaahaaahaaa! This is what I really do, but I pretend that putting sketches and ideas in notebooks is useful. Sad thing is, I rarely look at these notebooks when I need inspiration. I just stare at my stuff until something falls out of my brain.
;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2009, 09:27 AM   #45  
Embossing Fanatic

Lightbulb organizing ideas

Quote:

Originally Posted by TranquilView Post
This idea works for me...I print the picture of the card on a sheet of business card stock and I include the web site where I found the idea. Once the business card stock sheet is full, I separate the cards. Next, I purchased a binder with plastic inserts for business cards and organized the "ideas." At Wal-Mart I found divider pages that are plastic, with pockets, and the tabs can be seen beyond the business card sheets. I can label each section with a tab. Sometimes I print out the instruction sheets and place them in the divider tab pockets. Great way to organize ideas! :-D
WOW! You are WAY organized. I have copies of my favorite card ideas, usually 2-4 per sheet of paper and file them all in a binder. Takes forever to look through and choose one though AND they aren't organized by sections - looks like I'm back to reorganizing! Thanks for the idea!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #46  
Gallery Gazer

I don't think anyone has mentioned Google Notebook yet. Once you download it, you can just right-click on a picture (or text or whatever) and select "note this." Then you can open your notebook and scroll through your saved ideas. You can add labels to each picture if you want. Plus, it also stores the web address, so if I like a tutorial, I can just save the picture, but then use the link to go back to the directions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2009, 12:01 PM   #47  
Embossing Fanatic

Never heard of Google Notebook - sounds like a simple solution!! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2009, 12:04 PM   #48  
Embossing Fanatic

Just checked out Google Notebook - it's no longer open to new subscribers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2009, 01:14 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 677 Likes on 349 Posts

Great ideas! Subscribing! :-) LM

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2009, 05:07 PM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 677 Likes on 349 Posts

I also print everything and file into 8.5 x 11 Binders that have tabbed sections. I now have 5 3" Binders, and need to start a 6th! Wish I could do the business card size, but I am visually impaired, so I need BIG sizes. :-) LM

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2009, 05:14 PM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 257 Likes on 138 Posts

That's why I also keep the picture in a file on the computer, just in case the print out is not quite big enough. I like to have it on an index card with the instructions/recipe and then I can make notes on sizes and what I did differently. That way, if I really like how it turned out, I can replicate it, or at least cut the panels to size quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2009, 06:20 AM   #52  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by gailmcView Post
Just checked out Google Notebook - it's no longer open to new subscribers!
Aw, sadness! And it is so handy...I'll hunt around and see if there's a similar program available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2009, 06:52 AM   #53  
Gallery Gazer

I found and tried out Notefish...it seems very similar to Google Notebooks and, in some ways, I like the layout even more. The only drawback is if you capture an image from Google Reader, it just knows that you got it from Google Reader, not the actual blog. Google Notebook knew which blog post it came from. But I would still recommend checking it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #54  
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks! Will do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 03:17 AM   #55  
Embossing Fanatic

i have a few ways i organize. when a i get my new magazines i go through them and take the pages out of what trips my trigger. i put them in page protectors in a binder. i have been just randomly challenging myself by picking anyone. i adapt it to what i really need to make. if the basic layout of the card works i save just the main picture and put it on cardstock in the same binder, different section.
as for scs, i favorite what i love. i have the laptop in the craft room and can get my ideas flowing that way. its amazing how i can be totally blocked for an idea then see something i think i may case and end up with something different thanks to a good jump start from all you wonderful crafters out there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 03:27 AM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by thescpellsView Post
I started saving the pictures on my computer when some of the cards in my SCS favorites disappeared because they were "out for publication". Some of those eventually came back, but some did not.

I rename them based on why I saved them - either by stamp or set name, or "color" if I was attracted by the color combo, or "layout" or "punch idea" or "Christmas, Easter, etc." (whatever holiday). It's worked pretty well so far.

Julie
I do something similar. I copy the card images to my picture folder and rename it based on stamp set or theme:
card layout 1
card layout 2, etc.

butterflies 1
butterflies 2, etc.

color combo 1
color combo 2, etc.

PTI everyday button bits 1
PTI everyday button bits 2, etc.

Elements of Style 1
Elements of Style 2, etc.

ribbon treatment 1
ribbon treatment 2, etc.
Then I can sort or search on key words when I am looking for inspiration. Or I can just look by date to see what I have most recently saved. I know I should start adding tags to these images, but this system seems to be working just fine for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 03:50 AM   #57  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 214 Likes on 192 Posts

I have a gazillion pieces of paper with things on them.....NOTE TO SELF....get more organized. May be difficult, you should see my desk!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 06:47 AM   #58  
Crimping Master

A crude and easy way I've been using lately is to bookmark the page on my computer while I'm online. It has a good way of making an index by typing in labels and you can label things as may ways as you like so then when you go back you just search the labels and then when you click the label you want everything under it pops up. No pics of the items in the index but.... Well it works for me. I'd rather print out the card ideas like I used to but it was using too much ink and storing the print outs was becoming a nightmare.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #59  
Cardstock Collector

Since I read over 20 blogs a day, I easily forget where I saw an idea. I started an excel spread sheet and called it "Idea Locator.
Across the top I have Date, Idea, Location found, Saved file to, Printed out info, video.
This way I have the date and the blog address I found the idea, and what the idea is.
Did I save it to templates, or Directions? Was there a photo? Where did I save it to. Sometimes I save something in more than one file, example a top note die with a treat in a bag may be filed under TREATS, and TOP NOTE IDEAS. If the blogger did a video, I note that, and can return to the blog and find the info, or video because I know when she did it. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 257 Likes on 138 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbug2View Post
Since I read over 20 blogs a day, I easily forget where I saw an idea. I started an excel spread sheet and called it "Idea Locator.
Across the top I have Date, Idea, Location found, Saved file to, Printed out info, video.
This way I have the date and the blog address I found the idea, and what the idea is.
Did I save it to templates, or Directions? Was there a photo? Where did I save it to. Sometimes I save something in more than one file, example a top note die with a treat in a bag may be filed under TREATS, and TOP NOTE IDEAS. If the blogger did a video, I note that, and can return to the blog and find the info, or video because I know when she did it. Hope this helps.
Wow, how cool. I always have trouble finding the idea I saved to my documents. I have a Mac, so not sure how to do what you do, but I'd love to learn.
Reply With Quote Likes