Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-13-2019, 10:42 AM   #41  
Inking Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I usually scan each card i make into my computer and they get filed into monthly folders. Whenever I do duplicate a card (same stamp, probably different design) I scan again. If I know who I'm sending it to, I add their name. If I decide to send it at a later time, I will add their name at that time. The only difficulty I have is if I were to use that stamp sometime down the road then I have to check back through the scans to make sure anyone hasn't received it before. That's the nuisance part of this system but it doesn't happen too often.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2019, 05:34 PM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Received 264 Likes on 109 Posts

I wish I could follow Lydia's philosphy of "Bless and release." I make about 100 identical Christmas cards both so they can be made production-line style and so I don't have to remember which card went to which person. I also send about 75 identical birthday cards to friends in a national organization I belong to. Every so often one of them will share a photo of the card on Facebook and my scheme is revealed. Clearly, I've created a monster with that plan. There are many individual cards throughout the year, too.

I do two things in an attempt to help me stay sane:
1) I use the same birthday verse inside every birthday card for that year so I don't have to worry about repeating them from year to year. I may occasionally add a "belated" message or something special inside the card or on the envelope, but the main greetings are all the same.
2) I scan the front of every "individual-specific" card I make. This lets me search by name or occasion and prevents year-to-year duplicates for birthdays, Easter, etc. It's also helpful when I want to copy myself to save time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2019, 08:40 AM   #43  
Cardstock Collector

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I photograph every card I make. Print it as a thumbnail (multiple pictures on 1 sheet)
Under the picture I print name & occasion then place it in 3 ring binder under the tab for the year
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2019, 08:16 AM   #44  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 253 Likes on 178 Posts

I don't worry about it! Now with that being said, last year when I got the reveal wheel die set from Lawn Fawn, I decided I would make all my friends one, all with a different front, depending on when their birthdays were. I do have a handwritten list in my stamp room that says what I made for each person and I think I have almost made each one one of those cards now . Now I'm working on pop up box cards and I may do the same thing to keep track of those .

I also love to send cards each month to Love Notes Fairy. Click here for more info https://jenniferbelthoff.com/love-notes-fairy/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2019, 10:03 AM   #45  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I photograph each card and put it on Pinterest then I keep a spreadsheet of who I've sent what. That way if I have leftovers I don't send the same card to the same person the following year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2019, 06:35 PM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 255 Likes on 138 Posts

I usually make only one of each card---even for holidays, but occasionally I really like a birthday card I make for someone, for example, and need a thank you card for my stash, so I'll make another one (maybe in another color, but maybe not). I used to make a sample of each card and write on a post it inside the colors and sizes used---much like one would on a blog or for the gallery here. Since I send out dozens of cards each month, my binders of cards got to be unwieldily. So I scanned them all in, put them in files/documents by theme and then by stamp set. When I'm recording the particulars (size, colors techniques), I add the person's name it was sent to, date sent and occasion. If I'm ever asked about it, or want to check on who got what, I can look it up. I consider it my gallery like those that post here. I'm a bit OCD, so it works for me. A search using the person's name, stamp set or occasion will turn up everything I sent that person, made for that occasion, or used that technique on. It is all on my laptop, so easily accessed whenever or wherever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2019, 05:43 PM   #47  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

Wow look at all the awesome responses. Thank you all so very much. I am going to try several ideas and see what works out.

Thank you all for taking the time to read and respond and to share.

Happy crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes