Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to become a SU demo?

Can anyone tell me what my first step should be to becoming a SU demo? I know someone who sells SU, but she doesn't work at it at all. Should I inquire with her and sign up under her, or are there benefits to going with someone who is more outgoing and creative?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Watercolor Wizard

I am interested too!
Embossing Fanatic

well, yoiu can really sign under whomever you want, but really, i guess whomever you click with the best is a great start.... you are going to be in a business together, you want to be able to get along. I love my sponser and we get along great, and im having a blast!!!

if you want more info email me at [email protected]
Hardware Hotshot

If you are not interested in signing with the person you know - check out the demo locator at www.stampinup.com - you'll be able to search for demo's in your area - but be sure to scoll down though so you can see all the demo's who are listed. Have a list of questions you'd like answered and interview your potential upline. It will help give you a feel for what they have to offer and what type of support they have for their downline.
Stazon Splitcoast

The first step is finding a demo you think you could work with. If you think you'll thrive with coaching and lots on hands-on learning, you probably don't want to sign up under somebody who's just a discount shopper herself.

To get the names of demos in your area, go to www.stampinup.com and look on the demonstrator locator. You put in your zip code and it throws up the name of the closest demo. If you scroll further down that page, you'll be able to get a list of more than just that one demo. Then it's a matter of contacting him or her and arranging to meet. You could start with attending a class or workshop she has coming up, or you could just go right to setting up an "interview" of sorts.

I take it you've both been to SU events? You know about the product and have a basic understanding of what demos do? Then it's just a matter of finding out if you are compatible with them. It's definitely worth your time to research a little bit before making your decision.

One thing I would like to stress is that the personal relationship between you and your upline is far more important than any signing incentive. The full price of the demo kit is $299; an extra $50 if you want the scrapbooking add-on. There are demos who offer their own incentives, such as 1/2 off on the price of the demo kit, a family of stamp pads or markers, whatever. I'm not saying this is wrong, not at all. I'm just saying that the more important consideration is the demo herself. You will be working with her, you hope, for a long time. A $50 or $75 incentive pales if you wind up with a demo who doesn't support you, kwim? Research the demo...

Good luck to you both! It's a very fun thing to do, and I'm sure you'll both be great at it!
Cardstock Collector

thanks, everyone!
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
The first step is finding a demo you think you could work with. If you think you'll thrive with coaching and lots on hands-on learning, you probably don't want to sign up under somebody who's just a discount shopper herself.

To get the names of demos in your area, go to www.stampinup.com and look on the demonstrator locator. You put in your zip code and it throws up the name of the closest demo. If you scroll further down that page, you'll be able to get a list of more than just that one demo. Then it's a matter of contacting him or her and arranging to meet. You could start with attending a class or workshop she has coming up, or you could just go right to setting up an "interview" of sorts.

I take it you've both been to SU events? You know about the product and have a basic understanding of what demos do? Then it's just a matter of finding out if you are compatible with them. It's definitely worth your time to research a little bit before making your decision.

One thing I would like to stress is that the personal relationship between you and your upline is far more important than any signing incentive. The full price of the demo kit is $299; an extra $50 if you want the scrapbooking add-on. There are demos who offer their own incentives, such as 1/2 off on the price of the demo kit, a family of stamp pads or markers, whatever. I'm not saying this is wrong, not at all. I'm just saying that the more important consideration is the demo herself. You will be working with her, you hope, for a long time. A $50 or $75 incentive pales if you wind up with a demo who doesn't support you, kwim? Research the demo...

Good luck to you both! It's a very fun thing to do, and I'm sure you'll both be great at it!
Ummm..... Actually in the US, the starter kit is $199 and $50 for the scrapbook add on.
There are MANY great demos on here as well. But I agree you need to find one you click with :cool:
Embossing Fanatic

I think it helps having a creative upline...I've learned a ton from mine, and I still take some of her classes because she is so awesome! Thanks mzrobin!

Visit My Stampin' Up! Website!
Crimping Master

This is a great time to become a demonstator. Stampin' Up! is getting ready to celebrate their 20th anniversary and I think this year will be better than ever! If you sign up this week you can register on May 6th to attend Convention in July. Okay, maybe I'm moving too fast for you but we will have fun at Convention and it would be great for you to join us!

Stampin' Up! has made it very easy become a demonstrator. Once you decide which demonstrator you would like to sign up under you can even join online through our demostrator website (once you have our password).

Good luck with your decision.
Polyshrink Goddess

Stampin up is great - you definitely won't regret signing up!
Mad Swapper

I agree that you need to find someone in your area by looking on the SU demonstrator locator. You need to find out if they have the same goals as you and can assist you to get started. You should probably attend a workshop or class to see if this is the right person for you and meets your needs.
I have 6 downline from the SAB Recruit Special and I have helped one of them get promoted to a Supervisor and one to Senior Associate in less than 2 months. I have a great upline and she told me that to Dream Big with her and she will help me promote along with her. I have never regretted my decision to join SU 2 years ago and I have made a best friend. She has been with SU 17 years and has a huge downline. So I wanted to let you know that choosing the right demonstrator to sign up with is very important if you want to succeed. I would shop around till you find someone that fits your needs and will help you reach your goals.

Here is the link for the SU Demonstrator locator

Good Luck,

Vivian Swain

Vivian Swain
SU Senior Supervisor
My SU Web Site
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by canbenView Post
Ummm..... Actually in the US, the starter kit is $199 and $50 for the scrapbook add on.
There are MANY great demos on here as well. But I agree you need to find one you click with :cool:
OK, I'll just add one more bit of advice.....look for someone good with the little details.....:rolleyes: Thanks for correcting my goof, dear!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 248 Likes on 132 Posts

Your best bet is to sign up with someone with whom you are comfortable communicating with ... including asking all sorts of questions, asking for specific advice, asking for business advice, workshop advice or hobbyist advice ... etc. We always recommend your using the demo locator at www.stampinup.com ... and contacting as many of the demos listed nearest you. Talk with them. Visit if you wish. You'll find someone that makes YOU feel comfortable ... and you'll "know" who the right one is for "you"! ;)