Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BCRibbon Help! Need ideas for memorial service memory cards

I'm planning a memorial service for a dear friend who died after a 10 year battle with cancer.

I want to make some single cards with some type of design so folks can write down special memories of Tracy, and then give them to her husband so he can read them later.

Stuck for ideas. Any suggestions????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2015, 04:48 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry for your loss. This is a very thoughtful idea.

You could cut down pastel-colored 12x12 cardstock into 4x6 pieces and stamp the upper right corner with a flower, leaf or other element. You could place in a pretty basket with pens and instruction.

Then you could either add them to a mini photo album or put them on a ring with a thicker cover (like a mini album). I make these mini albums all the time for happy occasions (advice for new moms, favorite memory at 50th anniversary), but I think this could be nice for your friend too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2015, 03:30 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd suggest post-card sized pieces of card, maybe just stamped in one corner with something simple like a Butterfly, and perhaps the word 'Memories' at the top.? You could have a 'postbox' on the table, like they often have at weddings, and people can jot things down then drop in the postbox. If you go with postcard sized cards, you could then later make a special 'memory box' for them all to be stored in?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2015, 04:46 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you, ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2015, 05:21 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just went to a Funeral yesterday they had cardstock (Ivory) Cut in 3 sizes to write memories on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2015, 05:25 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry you lost a dear friend. I too think simple is best. As far as which stamp to use, what were her hobbies and passion, ie was she a gardener or did love to travel?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2015, 09:08 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
I'd suggest post-card sized pieces of card, maybe just stamped in one corner with something simple like a Butterfly, and perhaps the word 'Memories' at the top.? You could have a 'postbox' on the table, like they often have at weddings, and people can jot things down then drop in the postbox. If you go with postcard sized cards, you could then later make a special 'memory box' for them all to be stored in?
Here is an example of a memory card that I think looks very nice. You could do this on your computer and use a nice font for the name, and then stamp a simple image on it. I think some lines are nice, too, because people like them when they are writing something by hand.

Memory Cards from Sprinter Memorial Cards, keepsakes of your loved ones to treasure forever,

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2015, 09:49 AM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 743 Likes on 362 Posts

I am so sorry for your loss. ((Hugs))

I had to stop and think about it for a minute b/c I have never seen these before-just condolence books. I like this idea much better!

I might go with 5 x 7, punch holes in the upper two corners and later use rings with a heavy cover and back piece for flip book.

I would have two prompt lines:
Name
How did you know (the person)?
(Because so often people come the family have never met)

And then just lines front and back. I wouldnt want to miss out on a good story b/c there was not enough room to write.

If you know her favorite color I'd go with that in a pastel tone with a small icon of something she liked-flowers or whatever.

I might put a direction card on an easel by the pile though for people like me who never saw it before and have a basket they can drop them in or box.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2015, 05:45 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you. We've made cards using her favorite colors, with stamps using Scripture and nature motifs. Her husband is very thankful for this idea, and is looking forward to reading the cards.
Reply With Quote Likes