Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-04-2007, 02:30 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Help!! Need Ideas!!!

My husband is a principal at an elementary building, and ask if I could make something simple for his teachers next week for teacher appriciation week. Any ideas? Thanks for helping!!

KB
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #2  
Glitter Queen

Default teacher myself

Hi Blanchard16,
I am a teacher myself and would love to have a neat gift from my principal or administration. Ours only gives an apple in the mailboxes or candy treat. Love to have some stress balls to throw back for every time someone mentions curriculum mapping. Anyway I have aides that I always like to compliment for all they do for my students and me. Could you pass any ideas on to me??? I will also think of ideas for you. How about bags with the top stamped with a neat stamp. You could put in candy, bag of popcorn, neat coffee singles, tea bags, post its stamped with last name initials or whatever. I have a niece in South Bend that had a friend give her a pad of paper with her name written all the way around the outside edges. (IF you knew how to program computer to do this it would be easier than stamping them.) You could just make a small pad of say ten sheets. thanks, Paula [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

I've seen mini legal pads (like maybe 3x4 size) with a piece of cardstock on the front with something stamped on it. They look really cute and teachers can always use notepads. You just mount the cardstock onto the cardboard on the back of the notepad and fold it/wrap it around to the front. You could put a cute teacher-ish stamp or cute appreciation saying on it. That's probably not a very good explanation so if you want to see a picture pm me with your e-mail and I'll e-mail you one. Good luck! That's really nice that he's going to do something for his staff, that shows how much he appreciates them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2007, 08:39 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Hello

I do tons of favors for events at the school. Popcorn packets always go over well, covered candy bars, post it note holder, etc.

This is a link to what I did last year. I could not figure out how to "link" two pictures so this is one side but the other side is in my gallery as well if you are interested. They went over very well as I just did clear bags with various mints in it.

Commit-Mint Bags Front by psychkim at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I work as an aide and my teacher uses stamps all the time to encourage her kids. My teacher's ink pad is ancient and falling apart! A fresh ink pad or a new 'good job!' stamp would be nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2007, 11:03 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanchard16
My husband is a principal at an elementary building, and ask if I could make something simple for his teachers next week for teacher appriciation week. Any ideas? Thanks for helping!!

KB
Back when I was teaching school, my principal gave all of the teachers and teacher aides coupons to trade with each other. The coupons said something like: U Need a BREAK, I'll do your lunch duty on _______. I was pregnant and sick in the mornings and wouldn't ya know I had the dreaded breakfast duty. Much to my joy, the Third grade teachers got together and did my duty for me.
Our principal would also surprise us by leaving a coupon in our box and gift us with, her time too. Sometimes, she would send a coupon, that would say, you have to be out of the building from: 1-2 on _________ day. I'll be in your classroom for you. She did this for all of her staff including the music teacher!
While she was in our room for that hour, she would teach the class and grade our lesson plans. We never knew when she was coming. The kids loved her doing this. She missed being in the classroom sometimes this kept her very connected with the kids and the teachers.
Other times she would show up while we were teaching and do our evaluation, but she would always do or bring something to keep the teachers and students at ease.
She's retired now, but she was awesome.
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2007, 11:10 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I'm going to work on something this weekend for my sons' teachers. My idea is to make a little cherry basket (or something similar) out of the double sided paper. Fill a small bag with wildflower seeds and tie it up. Add a note or tag that says "Teachers plant seeds that grow forever!". Not sure what I will end up with but that is the thought that is in my head.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2007, 02:34 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

a set of note cards have always been well received from me!
teachers have so many people that they send notes and thank yous to!
good luck and happy stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Paula if you figure out something to throw when people say curriculum mapping, I want a hundred of them. One principal brought lunch for one grade level each day, just a pasta salad and fruit and dessert. And set it up in her office. It was great. It was as much the thought than anything else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2007, 06:01 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Pay Day candy bars with stamped candy bar covers are fun. I've used them last Appreciation Day to treat them to an "extra pay day"!

Other gifts I've stamped in the past are: goody bag sacks, Post It note covers, thank you note sets, gift card holders (with $5 Starbucks cards) and stamped names on mugs from the 99 cent store.

I'm a school secretary and find that teachers appreciate anything crafted. They understand how much time and love goes in to these projects.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RED DIVAS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

My SU demo made a holder for the crystal lite singles and attached it to a water bottle. Used the circle punch to make the hole that the bottle top would fit through, used word window punch and brads to hold the packet on to the decorated card stock. If you want me to upload it into my gallery, let me know.

I also like everybody else's suggestions too! This gives me ideas for the end of the year teacher gifts (I like to give consumables over "another mug")
Reply With Quote Likes