Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 85 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Have you ever loved a stamp set so much...

...that you ordered it twice? On purpose?

I'll tell you mine if you'll tell me yours.

Altenew's Painted Flowers. Have I been living under a rock somewhere? Or in a cave? Painted Flowers is such a fun set to play with. I've yet to made a card with it that I don't like.

You can go from CAS to ornate (and everything in between) and it's all good.

You may have more than one fave set - tell us all about it (them).
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,952 Likes on 2,209 Posts

The only set I ordered more than one was Lotus Blossom, and I really only did that because it was free in saleabration and I had everything else I wanted on the free list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2015, 03:15 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Can't say I ever bought a stamp set twice, not even by accident. But my collection is small compared to others. Give me time to accumulate and forget what I own and maybe I'll make that same mistake, too. But on purpose?

Why did you get it twice on purpose? Did you love it so much that you used it all up? Did you lose a piece and repurchase it? Or did you buy one to use and one to look at in the package? LOL

I love the look of the painted flowers stamp set but I think it would be too hard for me to use. I'm more of a straightforward stamp it once and be done stamper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2015, 04:37 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
...that you ordered it twice? On purpose?

I'll tell you mine if you'll tell me yours.

Altenew's Painted Flowers. Have I been living under a rock somewhere? Or in a cave? Painted Flowers is such a fun set to play with. I've yet to made a card with it that I don't like.

You can go from CAS to ornate (and everything in between) and it's all good.

You may have more than one fave set - tell us all about it (them).
Oh, I dream of that set! I have loads of favorites in my stash that I would greatly miss if they weren't around, but the only set that I'm actually thinking of replacing (remember my little lost "I"?) is the SU Letterpress Alphabet set. I found one on eBay for a not-crazy price so I may just get it. At least I'd have doubles of every other letter :rolleyes:

That said, if I ever lost one tiny stamp out of the SU Watercolor Wings or Sheltering Tree stamp sets, I would be compelled to buy them all over again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plenty of duplicates by mistake. None on purpose!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2015, 07:25 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Melissa, I love it so much I've used it down to the bloody nubs... And the only thing I lost was a piece of my mind... And nothing I buy stays in the package to be looked at - it gets used! Melissa, you would love this set! It is seriously the easiest 2-3 stamp I've ever used, because if you're off, it doesn't matter, because it doesn't match exactly, and it will look like you meant it to be that way.

I have requests for gift sets of these cards - many, many gift sets. So my plan is to put my MISTI to good use and double my production! So it will pay for itself in no time.

But now that you mention it, a third set just to put up and look at... hmmm.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2015, 07:34 PM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 743 Likes on 362 Posts

Cant say I have done it on purpose yet. I have by mistake. Some stamps are multi-topic covering and I miss it when I check my index book while ordering b/c it was in the other topic area.

Unless something is a new release-if I have a gut reaction to it (in a good way) I have to really be careful and check b/c once I like something, I keep liking it so it could be possible I might have gotten it already.

Down to the "bloody nubs"? You really wore out a stamp? Well dang and kudos to you!! I have never heard of that before but I think it rocks. Not only does it mean you have something you really love, but you are really using it up. Like wearing your fav jeans to thread bare or something. Cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Cant say I have done it on purpose yet. I have by mistake. Some stamps are multi-topic covering and I miss it when I check my index book while ordering b/c it was in the other topic area.

Unless something is a new release-if I have a gut reaction to it (in a good way) I have to really be careful and check b/c once I like something, I keep liking it so it could be possible I might have gotten it already.

Down to the "bloody nubs"? You really wore out a stamp? Well dang and kudos to you!! I have never heard of that before but I think it rocks. Not only does it mean you have something you really love, but you are really using it up. Like wearing your fav jeans to thread bare or something. Cool!
Well, I'm not prone to exaggeration NORMALLY, but I had to get Melissa's goat when she asked if I had used it all up. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2015, 07:13 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 298 Likes on 115 Posts

I haven't bought duplicate sets, but I HAVE bought duplicate wheels because I wanted to keep one whole and cut the other one up into individual stamps. I've done this with Great Outdoors, Baby Time, Every Egg and I {Love} Love.

I've been the happy recipient of a few sets that my best friend in New York bought again - she has SOOOO much, and none of it is indexed and she can't remember and is VERY consistent in the styles that she likes, so there you go!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2015, 05:23 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

I can't say that I have ever purchased it again on purpose. There isn't a stamp set out there that I like so much I would buy a second one just to keep pristine in the wrapper. Unless they were going to be worth more later (and they were an investment buy?). Interesting concept though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2015, 05:38 PM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

I got a duplicate once because the one on order was on backorder and I saw it in Michaels. I couldn't wait an extra week to play with the reindeers in sweaters. What can I say?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2015, 10:54 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonheadView Post
I got a duplicate once because the one on order was on backorder and I saw it in Michaels. I couldn't wait an extra week to play with the reindeers in sweaters. What can I say?
You don't have to say a word - I understand perfectly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2015, 10:34 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Last night I used my new Woodlands embossing folder with the birch trees. Oh how I love, love, love this folder. As I was using it I thought, "What if it breaks? It's being retired and I read a post where they are sold out and no more are available. And I instantly thought of this thread and scolded myself for not buying two of these folders! LOL Linda, you are such an enabler!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2015, 05:03 AM   #14  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,138 Likes on 514 Posts

I remember Kittie buying multiples of Watercolor Minis because she was wearing out some of the stamps doing her gorgeous scene cards.

I have a duplicate Winnie the Pooh stamp in my collection that I bought on purpose because I love it and the price was so low on ebay. I have a duplicate Delafield stamp for the same reason.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2015, 05:49 AM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Melissa...I believe SU is continuing the Woodland Embossing folder...check with your demo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2015, 07:43 AM   #16  
Inking Addict

Yes I love the Frosty set from SU and I bought a spare in case something ever happens to him or he runs away from over use!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 04:01 AM   #17  
Glitter Queen

I enjoy using SU Lovely as a Tree, there is so many ways this set can be used. Now that I have the die cut set for these stamps, I know I will find many more ways to use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 08:12 AM   #18  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
Last night I used my new Woodlands embossing folder with the birch trees. Oh how I love, love, love this folder. As I was using it I thought, "What if it breaks? It's being retired and I read a post where they are sold out and no more are available. And I instantly thought of this thread and scolded myself for not buying two of these folders! LOL Linda, you are such an enabler!!
Yes! This folder is so popular that SU will be bringing it back in the 2016-17 annual catalog next year! It is an awesome folder!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 09:13 AM   #19  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

How do you have a die cut set? Inquiring minds.... thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy McKayView Post
I enjoy using SU Lovely as a Tree, there is so many ways this set can be used. Now that I have the die cut set for these stamps, I know I will find many more ways to use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 09:17 AM   #20  

My mom and sister host a cookie exchange every year. This is the 14th year. We change the design every time but they (we) use the same main stamp for the invitation. The rubber is truly worn out and we had to find another identical replacement. We did manage to get imprints for this year, but we had many mistakes and we had to push really hard. My nephew found one on e-bay and it's on its way as we speak. It is a DOTS :O stamp. (A bit of history.... DOTS (dozens of terrific stamps) is now CTMH (close to my heart).

I will try to post an image of our recent invitation and the stamp itself too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 10:30 AM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi. Well, not a stamp set intentionally, but a punch. I purchased a back up Stampin Up bird builder punch. It is my all time favorite punch. I wore out one, so I bought a replacement and a backup at the same time, in case it was retired.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 12:21 PM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

Default Buy it twice?

Would someone post a link to this gorgeous set? I didn't see one and I'd like to see if it would be something I just have to get!

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 01:15 PM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy McKayView Post

There's a "die cut set" to SU's Lovely as a Tree? Where have I been? Where did you see this? LOL

No, I've not bought any duplicates of stamps. I even try to stay away from a stamp set if it has any kind of a duplicate in it that I already have. LOL That omits ALOT OF STAMPS!!! Not that I have a lot of stamps either.... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 01:35 PM   #24  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

You mean to tell me you aren't SUPPOSED to buy two stamps of the same thing??? My most recent duplicate purchase was at a two day stamping event. When I got the 500 miles back home, I realized I must have reallllllllly liked one of the Christmas stamps and had purchased it once on Saturday and once on Sunday (from the same vendor also). The good news is I can use the 'extra' one for a Christmas present for one of my stamping friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

DiesByDave sells dies that work with SU products. There's a thread around here somewhere that has all the details regarding the SU name compared to his name. You should read the recommendations on how to be able to snag the dies since they have been wildly popular and out of stock....later he posts the next order date. I think he was surprised how popular they are...and so was SU and they're not too happy about it. Many have wondered why SU doesn't make him an offer he can't refuse and then they can sell them! Oops....I just checked now and his website/store is under construction. Just keep checking
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 02:09 PM   #26  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I've never worn out a stamp, I didn't even think that was possible! Especially for rubber! I know they can be ruined by drying out in sunlight or damaged by certain chemicals but worn???

I've only ever ordered something twice by accident. I've hit the 'add to cart' button more than once and not noticed that there was a quantity of 2 in there instead of one. So annoying! I try to remember o double check but sometimes I forget!

I am adding some of my older stamps, dies etc and all of my new ones to a database on my iPhone. I add anything new to it immediately as I take it out of the package and I add older stuff as I get it out to use it. It's amazing. It's called My Stuff Pro. It's wonderful to have it all on hand when I'm shopping online or out at stores. I also use it to help me with my blogging when I forget a set or die name for my 'recipe'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by edie453View Post
DiesByDave sells dies that work with SU products. There's a thread around here somewhere that has all the details regarding the SU name compared to his name. You should read the recommendations on how to be able to snag the dies since they have been wildly popular and out of stock....later he posts the next order date. I think he was surprised how popular they are...and so was SU and they're not too happy about it. Many have wondered why SU doesn't make him an offer he can't refuse and then they can sell them! Oops....I just checked now and his website/store is under construction. Just keep checking

WHO KNEW??? I must live in a hole!!!! LOL It AMAZES ME that you ladies come up with this information!!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING! I checked out the store, still under construction! SU has had that stamp set for sale for SO LONG, you'd THINK they would have come up with a die set already!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2015, 08:00 PM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttaView Post
Would someone post a link to this gorgeous set? I didn't see one and I'd like to see if it would be something I just have to get!

Jutta
Jutta, a picture of the set does NOT do it justice, so I'll add photos of a couple of cards I've made with it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2015, 07:10 AM   #29  

My sister and I did the math last night. 14 years, 30 invitations each time.... add some buffer, and we think we have used that stamp ~500 times!

I was fidgeting with that stamp to "will" it to keep working. I remounted it, that didn't work. I finally unmounted it completely until it was a thin little piece of rubber. It still had adhesive on it from the grey mounting surface.... so I used in the magical Misti. The impression was still light in some spots, and luckily with Misti i could just re-ink and stamp again (and again).

Sister and I BOTH just ordered a replacement on eBay. (And I might do the unthinkable.... stamp a sheet of nice prints, take it to the copier, and have a bunch of sheets printed).

I decided I am going to save the reveal for later in the month. I am a guest designer on December 25th on this site.... and I will post my image to the gallery that day. i made a note to come back here and update this thread.

Kind blessings,

Lela

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebecca EdnieView Post
I've never worn out a stamp, I didn't even think that was possible! Especially for rubber! I know they can be ruined by drying out in sunlight or damaged by certain chemicals but worn???

I've only ever ordered something twice by accident. I've hit the 'add to cart' button more than once and not noticed that there was a quantity of 2 in there instead of one. So annoying! I try to remember o double check but sometimes I forget!

I am adding some of my older stamps, dies etc and all of my new ones to a database on my iPhone. I add anything new to it immediately as I take it out of the package and I add older stuff as I get it out to use it. It's amazing. It's called My Stuff Pro. It's wonderful to have it all on hand when I'm shopping online or out at stores. I also use it to help me with my blogging when I forget a set or die name for my 'recipe'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2015, 08:10 AM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenity_StamperView Post
My sister and I did the math last night. 14 years, 30 invitations each time.... add some buffer, and we think we have used that stamp ~500 times!

I was fidgeting with that stamp to "will" it to keep working. I remounted it, that didn't work. I finally unmounted it completely until it was a thin little piece of rubber. It still had adhesive on it from the grey mounting surface.... so I used in the magical Misti. The impression was still light in some spots, and luckily with Misti i could just re-ink and stamp again (and again).

Sister and I BOTH just ordered a replacement on eBay. (And I might do the unthinkable.... stamp a sheet of nice prints, take it to the copier, and have a bunch of sheets printed).

I decided I am going to save the reveal for later in the month. I am a guest designer on December 25th on this site.... and I will post my image to the gallery that day. i made a note to come back here and update this thread.

Kind blessings,

Lela

YES! PLEASE, keep us updated here on this post? I've never heard of a stamp "wearing out" either! Would LOOOOVE to see WHAT STAMP it is that you used THAT MUCH! LOL AND we look forward to your being a Guest Designer too! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 260 Likes on 141 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
YES! PLEASE, keep us updated here on this post? I've never heard of a stamp "wearing out" either! Would LOOOOVE to see WHAT STAMP it is that you used THAT MUCH! LOL AND we look forward to your being a Guest Designer too! ;)
I have a rather old SU rubber greeting stamp that is a small "Season's Greetings" that is not worn out, but is not as sharp and defined as it once was. I still use it often, just have to be sure I don't over-ink, as the letters will look all blended together. I have been wondering all these years what I did wrong to make it wear down, so I'm glad to know it was just love like the "Velveteen Rabbit"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2016, 04:13 PM   #32  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OH! I knew I had to get that set! My Altenew list keeps growing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE those cards!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Reply With Quote Likes