Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going to convention as a guest

If you have been to convention, do you think this is worth it? I have the time and money, but I really do not want to attend all the business courses, is there enough to do? Are the make and takes worth it? I do go to the Craft and Hobby Show and all the classes and make and takes are terrific, but with 1000's of vendors, there is a lot to see.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets see as a Demo we pay $280 to go, plus airfare and hotels and foods except for lunches.
As a non demo, you pay $400 plus the above. You get at least 1 free stamp set, maybe more, you might win a set or something, and yes you make some cool things in the make n takes, but those are more geared to being reproduced at workshops or classes that demos give, so they are more simple and not out of this world crazy! And lots of business classes geared to demos, which could be boring and useless for non-demos, unless you are thinking of signing up, which leads to my NEXT paragraph!! LOL

In essence, you COULD sign up to be a demo for $199, and recieve in your kit $300 worth of stamps papers inks supplies, (which mostly you get to choose),
THEN sign up for convention for $280.
So then for $480, you get $300 worth of SU supplies, Convention make n takes and whatever free stuff convention goers will get!! And now you are a demo receiving the benefits of being a demo!
If I wasnt a demo now, thats what I would do! lol

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

I agree with Tandra. The Make and takes are just simple and don't go on forever. Just an hour or so each day I think. SO if you were not into the business classes what would you do during that time - you could tour Salt Lake City!

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I went as a hobby demo last year, and I was not interested in the business classes. I really wish that they offered more "art" classes where you could stamp and they could teach you new things, but they don't. Overall, convention is geared to business practices and pumping up demos to do more with their businesses. I know I'm in the minority here, but after attending last year, I just can't justify spending that amount of money for business workshops. Don't get me wrong, the excitement is overwhelming and I absolutely loved swapping, but for the amount of money I spent, I felt I could have gone somewhere with my hubby and had a "together" vacation.

My Little Blog! Amy's Inky Fingers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2008, 05:40 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

...i went 2 years as a hobby demo and had a great time...once in salt lake and last year in denver...wasn't interested in business classes, but still felt it was worth my time and money...i looked at it as "my" vacation and spent some of the time during business sessions sight seeing...i had never been to salt lake or denver, so that helped me make the decision to go twice... enjoyed the free stuff i got from stampin' up and even won a door prize...swapping was fun and it was fun just to watch all the goings on...if you have the money and time, go for it...see the city...it's a nice, safe downtown with cool stuff to do and see...
Reply With Quote Likes