Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-13-2019, 07:53 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Gallery question........

When I look at a specific set or card type in the gallery I would like the thumbnails to be larger so that I could see each card better. Rather than having to click on each one to see it. Is there a way to do this? I have a feeling I'm missing something but have no clue what it might be. Many thanks........!

Diane
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2019, 08:19 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Right click on picture and open new link. Can open many new links at one time to look at cards and stay in the same spot on the gallery card page.

I suggest no more than 15 new links at a time as it will bog down your computer and opening links will take longer to open.

But I have been know to open 25 new links at one time and just wait it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2019, 05:39 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 292 Likes on 115 Posts

You can also do the "slide show" option if you want to see all of the cards in a particular gallery (one of the challenges or a specific member or a specific stamp set, for example). Click on the first thumbnail in that particular gallery and above the photo that opens are three options: Previous Image - Slideshow - Next Image. If you click on "Slideshow", it will take you to a screen where you can choose how long each picture will stay on the screen before the next appears (default is 4 seconds). Select the timing from the drop-down menu, then click on the "start slideshow" button right below that. You can stop the slideshow at any time, if you decide it's not how you want to view the pictures.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2019, 09:52 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockybetaView Post
When I look at a specific set or card type in the gallery I would like the thumbnails to be larger so that I could see each card better. Rather than having to click on each one to see it. Is there a way to do this? I have a feeling I'm missing something but have no clue what it might be. Many thanks........!

Diane

If you have an Apple MAC, you can increase the size of any page by pressing the "Command" Key down and holding it down. then press the "+" key. You can do this multiple times to keep increasing the size.
If you want to reduce the size, hold down the Command key and then press the "-" key. Hope this helps you out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2019, 07:10 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

On a Windows PC, you can do the same by holding down the CTRL key, and then scrolling forward( enlarge) or back(decrease) with your mouse wheel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2019, 07:20 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts

Thank you all so much........I guess I never paid any attention to the slide show option but did try it yesterday.........perfect for what I wanted. I will give Shazs' option a try too........!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2019, 08:05 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,065 Likes on 820 Posts

The slideshow option is great. When we had a laptop, I'd often set one running while DH and I listened to a radio quiz.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2019, 06:09 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

>>

Is there an option if on an iPad? There’s no such thing as clicking. ;)

I loved the old gallery style that had rows of decent sized photos. Now there are just two small but weirdly elongated pictures, ugh.

ETA Was editing and kept getting “database error,” so trying again.

Gallery photos used to appear in nice 4-photo (?) rows, so viewing a bunch and then tapping (or clicking if on a PC) to enlarge one and read the description worked well. Now with only the two elongated photos I rarely visit the gallery, since it takes forever to see a bunch of photos.

Is there a workaround for this? I’ll ask on the site tech/problems section too.

Last edited by bjeans; 03-17-2019 at 04:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,065 Likes on 820 Posts

I know the distorted images was listed for a fix, I don't know about an improved back-to-the old viewing system. I had to change browsers on my phone because I loathe, detest and abhor the mobile version of the site. I think we should be allowed a choice, but apparently Google say not, and Chrome certainly doesn't allow it, except on a page by page basis.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2019, 01:20 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I hear you! And thanks.

Seems like so many bandaids - and there are stable forum platforms out there that are more intuitive for non-computer savvy users or newbies. Just dreaming, ignore me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2019, 05:37 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love Splitcoast and used to visit a lot. But since my ancient laptop died, my only device is my Samsung Galaxy (Android). The forums are wonky but readable. Viewing the gallery is impossible and searching anything at all won't work. I rarely visit now and really miss the gallery. Once I'm able to buy another laptop, I'll visit more often. My smartphone just won't work with SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes