Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #81  
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh I am loving everyone's pics!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 03:30 AM   #82  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

HA - I love the name Tumble - he looks like he wants to "tumble" off that shelf. LOL

Keep em coming ladies! When I got home last night - one of my small punches was on the floor under my table. I wonder who did that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 03:50 AM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK OK OK my husband says you all have to stop sharing your pictures because it has made me want another cat! He said ABSOLUTELY NOT!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 03:58 AM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

I would love to have 1 more kitty - in a soft gray. The name - Pearl snap. My DH keeps saying NO, as well. One day, I will have that kitty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 05:34 AM   #85  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 277 Likes on 190 Posts

I love all of these cat helper pictures everyone is posting. Good to know my kitty's are not the only ones that like to help out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #86  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyr4View Post

Here is one of three, Evan, in my new (at the time) package. The two brothes, Murray & Evan, love to lay on boxes, bags, and shoes! I also have to occassionally lint roll my Stampin' Scrub.
This looks a lot like my Alex!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
Attachment 224151

Attachment 224152

Here is Penelope in my christmas wreath I was making and
Wizzy having a snooze
Clones of my Alex (red tabby) and my Chloe (white with calico colors on tail and top of head! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

Penelope (calico) is a Maine Coon and like to"head butt" DH at night. hehehehehe

She also loves to play in the water bowl. DH tells her to quit skinny dipping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #89  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

My cat Mischief lives up to her name. She sits in front of me until I pet her and the hair flies everywhere. While she is being petted she will pull markers and papers from their spots on the desk. She loves to take things like lids, markers, small stamps and other things that fit into her mouth, walk to the edge of the desk and drop them off on to the floor. Then she can bat them around for a while. She has a permanent bed in the window seat and sleeps in it a lot.
Since she adopted us (she was feral) I have had to learn to put my exacto knife in a drawer with the cap on between uses. I have had nightmares of Mischief trying to pick up the exacto by the blade and cutting off her tongue. SHUDDER just thinking about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #90  
Kookie Creator

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories and pics! This has been a great thread - definitely put a smile on my face!

I have 2 'helpers' as well. Simba is the orange. He likes to lay on my papers - it expedites the crafting process when you have fewer papers to choose from! The gray one is Wicks. He was sitting on my craft counter trying to look all regal with ribbon curled around his ear! He also exhausted himself one day trying to "help" me he finally laid down on my table next to a cricut cartridge. Ahhhh...I love my boys!!
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-img_2067.jpg   fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-img_2064.jpg   fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-wicks-sleeping-my-table.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #91  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

I would love to have 1 more kitty - in a soft gray. The name - Pearl snap. My DH keeps saying NO, as well. One day, I will have that kitty!
Well if you lived in Ohio I know where you could get 2 little grey kittens.....yep - we not only have our two indoor cats that we claim as our furbabies.....but now we are feeding an brood outside.... it started because we kept seeing a cat living in our neighbors garage but it started looking very skinny. When we asked them if they were still feeding it, they said no - so we put food out (can't see a starving kitty). It's feral - no picking up or petting this cat. Anywho, the cat ate....and then a few hours later it was back....with a small orange kitten. Well, no way - this had to be a "friend". The next day - 2 more little grey kittens. No wonder the kitty was looking thing - she had had kittens!!! So now we are feeding "mama-kitty" and her 2 kittens (only the grey ones are still around - don't know where they orange one went....in my "happy world" I'm going to think that someone took her inside) and now Mama-kitty has a friend - Fuzzy-kitty. Ok, I know the names are corny - but they aren't are cats and we don't know what to call them. The black fuzzy one we don't even know if it's a boy or girl.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #92  
Stazon Splitcoast

AWWWW. Several years ago, someone tossed out a bunch of baby kitties - they had to be, cause one day they just appeared - and so I started feeding them. DH caught most and took them down to the police dept. 1 - a small little black thing, we never saw again and 2 gray tabbies we couldnt catch. So, what did I do? I named them and kept on feeding them - I would just sit outside on the front steps and eventually they knew when supper time was and would let me touch to eventually hold. Dh and I just loved them, but when they became very tame, he took them down to our human center. I hope they were loved by someone. Their names were George and Georgette

There is no way to tell male cat (that I know of) until his "balls" start coming out -(sorry, only way I know to put it). They got to be the sweetest things.

One morning I went out with the food - and there was Mr Racoon waiting by the empty supper bowl. He was a big fat thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #93  
Crimping Master

All these pics make me miss my kitties. I have a dog and I love him to pieces but just this morning I was thinking about the two cats that were in my life and now gone.

My dog has a way of looking at me and doing a very loud yawn when he thinks it is time for me to take my attention off of card making and onto him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #94  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessrose21View Post
This is the best thread! Here's a photo of my sweet boy, Kokanee, in a Stampin' UP box. He loved cardboard boxes and would chew holes all the way around the flap edges. He also loved to play in the brown packing paper. Well, mostly he just sat in it because he was a lazy fatso. My stamp room used to be in a room he wasn't allowed in, which he didn't like. So he would shove his paws under the door and rattle it and sing pathetically, "Ow-oooooo! Owwwww!" Eventually I'd let him in to sit on my lap until he wanted to get down and mess around, so out he'd go. I miss that big sweet goofball so much. He made me laugh every day.

Deeann,

You really must post some pics now of your menagerie! Especially that guinea pig. What a scream!
Your Kokanee looks just like a cat I had named Sadie. Oh I loved her alot. I miss her still. It has been years since I lost her but still talk about her and how she had to be in the middle of whatever I was doing. That was the hardest thing to get over because you expect them to be there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #95  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am a catless cat lover. Oh how I have enjoyed seeing these photos!
I miss my big boy (a fat black and white) lap cat. He's been gone 10 years and I still think about him often.
Now, I have a dog that doesn't play well with others, canine or feline -- but he's part of the family and I love him loads. He stays out of my craft stuff, EXCEPT for my flowers. Weird dog. He'll get a hold of one and will chew on it like gum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #96  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

My Mischief still has feral tendencies. If someone comes to the house she is gone. It took us over 2 months of working at it every day to finally get to touch her. Friends fed her and cleaned the litterbox for 3 weeks and never once saw what she looked like. They just knew she was there because she was locked in the house. She thinks our RV is hers. She doesn't like the travel to where we go but once there she owns the place.
She is what is called a tortoise shell. Dark with streaks of rust, brown, gold & white. Can't get her still enough to take a photo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #97  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by papernut123View Post
My Mischief still has feral tendencies. If someone comes to the house she is gone. It took us over 2 months of working at it every day to finally get to touch her. Friends fed her and cleaned the litterbox for 3 weeks and never once saw what she looked like. They just knew she was there because she was locked in the house. She thinks our RV is hers. She doesn't like the travel to where we go but once there she owns the place.
She is what is called a tortoise shell. Dark with streaks of rust, brown, gold & white. Can't get her still enough to take a photo.
I had one once with feral tendencies. I had her and her sister. Bridgette was sweet, cuddly and loveable and her sister Ellie was wild. They loved each other but Ellie just didn't ever get around any of us even tho she was in and out of the house. That was when I was a lot younger, I just thought she was crazy.
I hadn't heard anything about feral.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #98  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainy Day StamperView Post
All these pics make me miss my kitties. I have a dog and I love him to pieces but just this morning I was thinking about the two cats that were in my life and now gone.

My dog has a way of looking at me and doing a very loud yawn when he thinks it is time for me to take my attention off of card making and onto him.
heheheheh....sounds like my husband ;)

"Go In The Direction of Your Dreams"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #99  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhausView Post
heheheheh....sounds like my husband ;)
Now that is funny. Come to think of it maybe that is where Gunnar picked it up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 02:09 AM   #100  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I'm so jealous of all the cat photos. I miss my Miss Kitty. She would help me with holding down the fabric while sewing...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 05:18 AM   #101  
Stazon Splitcoast

Besides Alex and Chloe (our indoor cats), we now have an outdoor cat, Lizzie, who just wandered in. We live in the country. When I tell people about Lizzie they all say like Lizzie Borden! I say why not like Lizzie Bennett in "Pride and Prejudice"!

LOL at the person who said a raccoon was waiting to be fed one day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 05:21 AM   #102  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh, I love it! Nothing like a feline friend keeping you company while you stamp. My cat loves to check out all the bling and embellishments I have on my workspace.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #103  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about anyone else's cats, but mine are also great conversationalists. They have a lot to say! LOL

Stray cats are a rare thing around here nowadays, but, really, how could anyone just abandon animals like that? It always breaks my heart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 06:46 AM   #104  
Stampin' Fool

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i am lovin' this! i have three cats, but it's my 16 pound maine coon that likes to get in my space. the last time, i just happened to be stamping images of cats, and he just plopped himself right on top of it all! we lost our himalayan last year. i have a precious picture of her curled up in my scrapbooking cabinet! if it was on the 'puter, i'd down load it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #105  
Stampin' Fool

Kala loves cellophane. Unfortunately he loves to eat it. Yesterday I had to fight with him to get a long strip of cellophane (from a ribbon roll) away from him.

Kala likes small boxes too.
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-kala-likes-small-boxes.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #106  
Stampin' Fool

Donna, do you have any pictures of your Ocicat to share? I think Oci's are some of the most beautiful cats ever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #107  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,927 Likes on 2,193 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalaKittyView Post
Kala loves cellophane. Unfortunately he loves to eat it. Yesterday I had to fight with him to get a long strip of cellophane (from a ribbon roll) away from him.

Kala likes small boxes too.
My kitty's favorite thing is boxes! Even if he's too big to fit into it, he gets as much of himself into it as possible and lets the rest of him hang out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #108  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
My kitty's favorite thing is boxes! Even if he's too big to fit into it, he gets as much of himself into it as possible and lets the rest of him hang out!
My cat Chloe loves paper bags. Not to crawl in, but to lay or sit on. This morning my allergies were bothering me and I put a paper bag my my chair in the living room for my Kleenexes. Later I was in the kitchen and I heard paper. She had knocked the bag over, flattened it and sat on it. I would think the couch, love seat, chair, or even carpet would be a softer place to lay on that a paper bag!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #109  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2CuteCatsView Post
My cat Chloe loves paper bags. Not to crawl in, but to lay or sit on. This morning my allergies were bothering me and I put a paper bag my my chair in the living room for my Kleenexes. Later I was in the kitchen and I heard paper. She had knocked the bag over, flattened it and sat on it. I would think the couch, love seat, chair, or even carpet would be a softer place to lay on that a paper bag!
Does your kitty destroy toilet paper and tissues if you are ignoring her?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #110  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I'm innocent
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-im-innocent.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #111  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Quote:

Yep, he sure does!

My Gallery ~ My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #112  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by caostampinView Post
Yep, he sure does!
I had one several years ago that loved to destroy toilet paper rolls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #113  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For the past couple of weeks my little Hoboski has been waking me up. With his little meow that he does. It's so soft and sweet.

He really doesn't like to be held. Just on his terms.

(A little note about my little Hoboski) He was born in my backyard under our Truck camper. There were 4 kittens born. Out of the 4 he was the only one that would let me play with him.

As he grew... He started coming into the house. Which he loved. He never stayed inside over night.

One weekend we needed to be out of town. So I asked a friend to stop by and feed him the other's.

He came every day to feed him. But on Monday afternoon. Hoboski wasn't anywhere to be found.

So when we got home. I called for him....He never came. I ended up crying a lot for a long while.

Until one cold winter night (right before Thanksgiving).... Hoboski found his way back into our lives. He was gone for 2 years.

It took a while for him to feel comfortable around us again. He's now been back 4 years. He is now an indoor cat.

And he is traveling with us when we go to Grandma's house. My MIL Loves him!!!

I'm so HAPPY he came back into our lives. He is very special too me.
Attached Thumbnails
fellow Cat Lovers, how do you do it?-hoboski-sitting-his-buddies..jpg  

Spoiler

Last edited by jeanstamping2; 07-29-2011 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: needed to add
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #114  
Glitter Queen

I have 2 but only my "son" will be near me when I an crafting. He LOVES paper so I give him a piece of scrap paper and he will go nuts, then I use his creations in some of my projects so they can be from both of us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #115  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

***Disclaimer for this post; I did not know at the time how awful it was for a cat to declaw them. I would NOT have done this if I had.***

When I got my cat, Kinsey, as a kitten, I also had her littermate, Katie. Katie really did a number on our furniture, I just couldn't break her of scratching on it. She also loved to shred rolls of paper towels (never bothered tp or tissues). I thought declawing her would fix the problem, and it did as far as the furniture. She never did stop destroying rolls of paper towels if we accidentally left them where she could get at them. She must have used her back claws. We'd come home and there would be nothing but a pile of little bits of paper on the floor or table. I lost her a few years ago to kidney failure, but Kinsey is 16 years old and going strong.

Free cat hair with every card!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2011, 03:40 AM   #116  
Proud Fan Club Member

At least I am not alone in my misery! LOL. I forgot about the many rolls of paper towels I have had to pick up! I used to have a roll hanging above my dryer until I cleaned up the pieces one too many times and that was it! Thanks everyone for sharing stories and pictures!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2011, 06:17 AM   #117  
Stampin' Fool

This has to be my FAVORITE thread!! Don't ya just love them to death!! I have to keep the door to my stamping room closed or it would be complete chaos - lol. Mushy knows even if the door is open, he shouldn't be going in there so he sits in the entranceway and stares at me making me feel guilty. Daisy will come in and walk around and I don't throw her out. Duke, my greyhound, doesn't do stairs (greyhounds are not thrilled with climbing steps) so he can't get to my bedrooms. He would just lay down up there even if ventured up. It's his tail that would do the damage - lol. One wag could wipe out a shelf. I love all the photos. How could I not?

Adopt A Greyhound-Save a Life
http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #118  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I have three kitties in soft gray!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #119  
Stampin' Fool

Originally Posted by Lazorkay

You have 5? So listen.....get your soft gray kitty and maybe DH won't notice - LOL. I had 7 at one time and 17 outside cats who technically belonged to the irresponsible witch who lived behind me. So we took over the feeding of them. My garage was a kitty hotel because winter is really cold in NY and I couldn't stand the thought of them being outdoors day and night. I would leave the garage door open during the day so whoever wanted to could come in. They all took turns coming into the house but never did I have all 24 in the house at one time. I have two cats now and one, Daisy, who is 17 is from the original cats I took over from witchface behind me. The lady is deceased now. Ah shucks! Yeah I know...not nice. To say she neglected them is putting it mildly. Within the last year I lost two of the 17 year olds, Penny and Sadie who were cousins. I don't regret taking care of all those cats or bringing litter after litter to the North Shore Animal League. That was heartbreaking because we never wanted to give them up but I would have been one of those ladies you read about in the newspaper who had 100 cats. All the kittens were born in my garage or my bedroom closet and at one time I had two sisters delivery 5 kittens each a week apart. Ten babies in my closet and it was the absolute best!!

Adopt A Greyhound-Save a Life
http://www.adopt-a-greyhound.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #120  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We have had 3 cat's in our small house. It doesn't work that well for us.

I took in my Girlfriends Cat, (Catman)right after her Dh passed away. He was a joy to have around.

One day I will be living in a Bigger house. With a Very BIG yard. So I hope to get some other kitties.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes