Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default envelope punch board or corner chomper for corners?

I hope someone who has (or has used) the envelope punch board can help me.

I have a SU corner rounder but I really don't like it much. I have just dropped as a demo and one of the first things I wanted to buy myself was a better corner rounder. I want a bigger, more rounded corner on my cards. Hopefully you know what I mean?

Anyway I was thinking of buying the corner chomper but then wondered whether I'd be better off buying the envelope punch board. The board is slightly cheaper (in Australia anyway) and it does more than just round corners!
But I want to know what the rounder on the board is like.

Hopefully someone can tell me whether it would give a similar effect to the chomper or is it a smallish, not very rounded corner? I have looked at photos of envelopes made with it but I can't really tell about the corner rounder aspect of it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2013, 04:07 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 460 Likes on 349 Posts

This is a corner rounded with the envelope punch board. I love my board and have already bought 2 more for gifts for crafty friends!
Attached Thumbnails
envelope punch board or corner chomper for corners?-envelope-punch-board.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2013, 05:36 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

[ATTACH][ATTACH]envelope punch board or corner chomper for corners?-corner-rounders-005.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]My favorite corner rounder of all time is the creative memories one. It only cuts one piece at a time though. I have the corner chomper, but I never seem to get a perfect corner. Not sure if mine is off, or if I am putting the paper in wrong?
Kristina Werner uses the corner chomper all the time but it is hard to see the actual detail of the corner as to whether or not they come out perfect.

the 1/4 and 1/2 inch corners are made with the corner chomper. I hope this helps you with your decision
Attached Thumbnails
envelope punch board or corner chomper for corners?-corner-rounders-003.jpg   envelope punch board or corner chomper for corners?-corner-rounders-001.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smcdonoughView Post
[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 279736[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]My favorite corner rounder of all time is the creative memories one. It only cuts one piece at a time though. I have the corner chomper, but I never seem to get a perfect corner. Not sure if mine is off, or if I am putting the paper in wrong?
Kristina Werner uses the corner chomper all the time but it is hard to see the actual detail of the corner as to whether or not they come out perfect.

the 1/4 and 1/2 inch corners are made with the corner chomper. I hope this helps you with your decision
Something to try: When you insert your paper in the corner chomper, hold your paper slightly higher and insert it a little "downward", not just level with where you insert it. Also, look to be sure that each side of your paper is flush with the sides of your tool.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mum of 2+2View Post
I hope someone who has (or has used) the envelope punch board can help me.

I have a SU corner rounder but I really don't like it much. I have just dropped as a demo and one of the first things I wanted to buy myself was a better corner rounder. I want a bigger, more rounded corner on my cards. Hopefully you know what I mean?

Anyway I was thinking of buying the corner chomper but then wondered whether I'd be better off buying the envelope punch board. The board is slightly cheaper (in Australia anyway) and it does more than just round corners!
But I want to know what the rounder on the board is like.

Hopefully someone can tell me whether it would give a similar effect to the chomper or is it a smallish, not very rounded corner? I have looked at photos of envelopes made with it but I can't really tell about the corner rounder aspect of it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Kathy
Kathy, like the other posters have said, the corner punch on the Envelope Punch makes a nice, larger rounded corner.

That said, I totally recommend the Envelope Punch as a great tool to have. Most everyone who has it, loves it.

I would get BOTH the Envelope Punch and the Corner Chomper, if you possibly can, though. The Envelope Punch needs to be sitting flat on a table to punch your corner, and although it's not really large, it does take up some room.

The Corner Chomper is easy to hold in your hand, and is a great tool. It punches 2 sizes of corners, and is strong enough to cut through a couple of pieces of cardstock at once, and will even cut chipboard.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #6  

Thanks so much for your opinions and the photos ladies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2013, 04:58 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smcdonoughView Post
[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 279736[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]My favorite corner rounder of all time is the creative memories one. It only cuts one piece at a time though. I have the corner chomper, but I never seem to get a perfect corner. Not sure if mine is off, or if I am putting the paper in wrong?

just an update on my corner chomper. I contacted We are memory keepers via email. They requested I send a picture of the badly cut corner and they sent me a new corner chomper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #8  

I love love love the envelope punch board. But I do like my WRM Keepers corner rounder. Sometimes I like the bigger rounded size. To me both are great tools. You can get the corner rounder with a coupon at a big box store!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #9  

I'd go for the punch board. You can punch larger rounded corners on their own or use it to mat the corners you rounded with your SU punch (see pic)

Plus more projects are popping up all the time using the punch board so it's only a matter of time before we all need one.
Attached Thumbnails
envelope punch board or corner chomper for corners?-rounded-corners.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #10  
ch
Mad Swapper

Thanks gals for your info--I'm interested in the Envelope Punch Board--for making envelops. Looks like I better add it to my order.
I have the chomper and like it. A woman just needs lots of tools.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #11  

My favorite corner rounder of all time is Creative Memories. It punches the easiest of all of them. The punch board rounder does occasionally stick. I recently just had to lube it with Tri-Flow and let it sit over night to get it loose again. I love the punch board but for rounding corners, Creative Memories has them all beat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2013, 04:14 AM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 603 Likes on 246 Posts

I love my Creative Memories corner rounder, had it at least 12 years. I also love the Corner Chompers, with the variety of styles and sizes available and because you can "chomp" through chipboard or acrylic, too.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #13  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Another vote for both. I love my envelope maker but I make a lot of books and I need the corner chomper to cut through chipboard.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

I LOVE both, although as an SU! demo admittedly I use my Corner Chomper VERY little now that I'm pretty much SUO. One thing about the SU! one is a tip that I got at a SU! event. You're not supposed to use it upside down. For some reason, punching with it right side up (for me at least) produces a perfect result EVERY time!!!
Reply With Quote Likes