Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-21-2006, 04:19 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebayer too greedy for me?

I was trying to get coast to coast a retired stamp set.this person bidded $38.00 for the set now this was the highest bidder and not to mention the shipping was 8.95.so it takes $4.04 to ship so the rest of the shipping money is for the seller if they ship it at $4.05 unless it's an over night shipping price.

But can you image.so the bidder still didn't get the set.the seller is relisting it because it didn't meet his reserve price.How much do these people want for these sets.If you ask me his a little greedy.I stopped at 25.00 considering a shipping price at 8.95. it would of taken to ship it.so I guess I'll have to wait for another seller.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 04:30 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

I've looked at shipping costs too for a few different things, and they always seem really high. I know the seller has to mail it out, but doubling the price seems a little much to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 04:45 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Why don't you put up an ISO Coast to Coast in the BST forum? I've always found what I was looking for in there. It is usually just priority shipping cost too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 05:06 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I know what you mean!!! I have done some reasearch and watched some sets and I can't believe the price that they go for!!! I was looking for Little Trucks and On the Farm a few weeks ago and thanks to the generousity of Mightymouse and Inkyhugs I got those sets and they got new sets. Paid more than what they were worth in the first place but we are all happy to get what we wanted.

Anywho when I looked for them on ebay, one of them was listed for a "buy it now" price of $54.95. Now why on earth would someone pay that for a stamp set. I am sure it's still there too.

If you are looking for the Coast to Coast, start a thread in the buy/ sell forum and see if you get any offers. You never know, someone maybe willing to let it go.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 05:07 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

definately go to the BST. Make your thread title catchy. Desperatly ISO for Coast to Coast. that's how i got Island Blossoms ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 05:09 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

I just bought a set on eBay and the seller charged $9.05 to ship. I thought that was outrageous. When the package arrived I could see that it clearly cost her only $4.05 to ship so I sent her a message asking if she could refund the difference. She replied that the $9.05 also covered "handling" charges to cover Paypal fees, eBay fees, etc. Give me a break...$5 to "handle" an item. I didn't even pay for the item through Paypal...I sent a money order, and eBay fees aren't that high. I left neutral feedback. She's lucky I didn't leave negative feedback.

I am editing this to say that when I bid on the item, there was less than one minute left before the auction ended, and the shipping costs didn't jump out at me. And as I am typing this I am recalling that the shipping costs were not stated - it was a "calculate" method. So I was not aware of ths shipping costs until after I won the item and the seller sent me an invoice. Had I known about the cost ahead of time, I would not have bid. So I do take responsibility in the fact that I bid on an item without knowing the shipping cost upfront but that does not negate the fact that the cost was way too high.

Member #32310

Last edited by Rubber Stamp Nut; 04-21-2006 at 01:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 05:29 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

I won't bid on items that have inflated shipping costs no matter how much I like what they have listed. I have sold things on ebay too and I figure the fees for ebay and paypal are just part of selling and charge only actual shipping charges. Drives me nuts to see outrageous shipping prices! my 2 cents
Isaiah 40:31
check this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:06 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

I agree with you on this, it's OUTRAGEOUS what some people charge for shipping and handling! RIDICULOUS!!!! Let me tell you though, I have had a few people refund the difference on PAYPAL when there were differences in what they charged for shipping & what it actually costed to ship the item. I have found the old saying "you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar" to be true. I just politely write them and say "Thank you for this item, I happened to notice that there was a difference in shipping costs, would you be willing to refund the difference?" I've only done it on a few & most of them have been very nice. I am VERY GENEROUS in my feedback & I won't hold them hostage with negative/positive feedback, if I feel the transaction went well & the product a good one, thumbs up!

Good Luck in finding your stampset at a decent price!
~Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:17 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I am an Ebay seller. I don't sell often because I am too busy doing kids and SU! But I agree with the people who don't like high shipping. I don't bid on those auctions either. When I do sell, I charge either priority, or actually shipping + $1.00 handling fees. The fees cover any mistakes I might make in shipping charges, or envelopes or tape. But, Priority envelopes and tape are FREE - so I don't see why people charge for that. Another thing that bugs me is when you buy something on Ebay and the seller won't leave you feedback till you leave them feedback. I have sold on Ebay for 6 years and feel that when a buyer pays, they deserve feedback for holding up their end of the bargain. I will not leave feedback for sellers who hold feedback hostage.
However, I love selling on Ebay when people bid insanely high on stuff. I just wonder - do people have more money then sense? I bought my SU! starter kit by selling a book I bought at a garage sale for $0.75 and re-sold it on Ebay for $250!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:17 AM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

I have only bid on one item where the shipping is inflated. If I don't like the seller's shipping fees, I don't bid. I don't think it is fair to the seller to leave neutral or negative feedback if the fees were listed up front and you knew it to begin with.
That said, I needed a cell phone and the shipping fee was $10, and though it only cost $4.05 to mail it, it was packaged extremely well and I greatly appreciated that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:23 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm continually amazed at how much some people are willing to pay for new or retired stamp sets on Ebay, whether the stamps are Stampin' Up! or Close To My Heart or whatever. Do these people not realize that nine times out of ten they're paying MORE (ok, MUCH MORE!) for these stamps from Ebay than if they just purchased them from their demo/consultant????? What gives!? Even retired stamp sets can be purchased through SU or CTMH people--just ask your demo to help you find someone willing to sell their set at a REASONABLE price (I've done it many times).
HTH somebody save a buck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:27 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

Quote:

Originally Posted by roo613
I have only bid on one item where the shipping is inflated. If I don't like the seller's shipping fees, I don't bid. I don't think it is fair to the seller to leave neutral or negative feedback if the fees were listed up front and you knew it to begin with.
That said, I needed a cell phone and the shipping fee was $10, and though it only cost $4.05 to mail it, it was packaged extremely well and I greatly appreciated that.
I have to agree here. I sell a lot of retired SU! sets on eBay as well. My shipping and handling charges are clearly outlined. Yes, it may only cost $4.85 to send out something Priority mail, but I also use a padded envelope that I *pay* for and I have to drive to the Post Office to drop it off. (they don't fit in my mailbox, and if the item is over 1lb, the mailperson won't take it) So there is actually *handling* involved.

To have a buyer bid/win on the item, when the shipping & handling charges are clearly stated in the auction, including the fact that I ship in padded envelopes, and then gripe after the fact that shipping is too high or worse, leave negative/neutral feedback, is wrong.

ETA: As to the original post, I agree that $8.95 is high.

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 06:30 AM   #13  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face eBay

First - I'm NOT condoning any individual eBay seller behavior - I haven't even seen the item that this thread is about.

Here's a little perspective from an eBay seller:
To post an item on eBay isn't necessarily cheap. An auction item that sells for $38, with a $5 shipping fee, could cost the seller over $4 (eBay and Paypal fees). If they posted with a Buy It Now and Reserve, the cost could be another $1.20-1.30. If the item doesn't sell, eBay still charges some of the fees.

Personally, I sell items on eBay and just take the loss on my shipping because I know people think sellers are just trying to make more money on shipping.

When I bid for and item on eBay I don't even consider the 'split' between bid price and shipping... I add the numbers together and bid accordingly. If something has a $10 shipping price, then I deduct that from what I'm willing to bid. I wouldn't give a seller bad feedback because they charged me the shipping they identified in the auction, regardless of how much the shipping was; I could choose not to bid if I didn't want to pay the total price.

I don't understand why some buyers spend $50, $75 or even more for an item; I wouldn't do it. But, there's people out there that do. To each his own
Old 04-21-2006, 06:38 AM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

I sold something on ebay that required a large box. When I put the box size in the information window it was a really high shipping charge. Ebay wouldn't let me change it but I knew it wouldn't cost that much. I contacted the high bidder and told her I would refund the money after I took it to the post office and got actual shipping costs. It was about half as much as it calculated on ebay. I refunded her money even before her package arrived. She wrote me a nice note thanking me for being honest. I felt awful about the shipping goof up. It happened another time on a large item and since I couldn't change it I put a note on the item saying I would refund anything over the the actual shipping charges. Usually I charge $2.00 for shipping and handling. I always wrap my stamp sets in bubble wrap and put them in a bubble envelope. The envelopes are almost a dollar and the bubble wrap is probably .50. Maybe 2.00 is to much. I had wondered about that. I know sellers are not supposed to pass on ebay and paypal fees, but their fees are high. Together they add up to about 10% of what the item sold for. I think their fees stink. But I don't think anyone should double the shipping costs for their own benefit. You take a chance when you sell on ebay. You should just know that up front. I would never want to blatantly (sp?) screw someone. I always use the shipping calculator too, and I give them a choice of 1st class or priority mail and offer optional insurance too.
I also like when the item bids insanely high! I sold a dreams and dragons unmounted set for 60.00. I almost fell off my chair when that happened. I listed it for 4.99.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 07:08 AM   #15  
Kookie Creator

I also think you get more bids on an item when you have lower shipping costs - if you have three identical items listed on Ebay people tend to bid on the one with the lowest shipping costs first. I know I do - if the seller has good feedback.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 07:45 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink monkey business

I was watching stampin up on ebay one Sat night, not too long ago, and someone was asking $99 for a new, unmounted Monkey Business!

Didn't wait to see if it sold or not, as we went to dinner.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 08:03 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

That's exactly my point--WHY would anyone pay that much?????????????????????????????? It's insane!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 08:04 AM   #18  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onita76
I won't bid on items that have inflated shipping costs no matter how much I like what they have listed. I have sold things on ebay too and I figure the fees for ebay and paypal are just part of selling and charge only actual shipping charges. Drives me nuts to see outrageous shipping prices! my 2 cents
I agree here 100%! I have bought and sold MANY items on ebay and get irritated each time I see the overly inflated shipping charges. I truly appreciate the sellers who can be identified as HONEST sellers just based on their posted shipping charges. If someone is charging $8.95 for priority mail and I know it's $4.85 (or whatever it is now) - sends off red flags for me!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 08:07 AM   #19  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember - the only priority mail that is $4.05 is what would fit in a flat-rate envelope. The flat-rate box costs $8.10. And, if the shipper is sending it priority in a box that isn't flat-rated, the price is based on weight which means it could be less, or it could be more.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:36 AM   #20  
Glitter Guru

well for coast to coast stamp set.I'm sure you could ship it in a business envelope for $4.05 priority shipping.so the $8.95 is just getting him or her another $5.00 out of the customer.why not just lower the shipping price and set a reserve price if you want the money that bad.

even at that the reserve price wasn't met at $38.00 plus the extra 5.00 from shipping so they would of made $43.00 off of a 30.00 set.and that wasn't good enough I still don't have any idea what they want since they can't show it.

anyway I will not buy from that person with those shipping prices.I have mailed out many stamp sets to know it doesn't cost that much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 08:50 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

You can report seller's with inflated shipping prices to ebay and they shut them down pretty quickly. Seller's are allowed to charge a handling charge, but it must be indicated in the item description.

If I see something I want but don't like the shipping price I usually send a quick note asking them what their justification is. If they don't have one, I report them. It might be harsh, but I'm not trying to make friends on ebay so I don't feel too badly about it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 08:56 AM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Usually that is one of the first things I look for when bidding...who has the cheapest shipping rates. I also have learned that there is never a last one on Ebay...if you are patient, one will be on there in your price range. Usually the crazies...bid super high. Last year some hostess sets sold for $98 or higher. They must be collectors or people with a ton of money. Either that or they have a buddy dupe bidding to drive the price up. Eventually the craze is over and you can pick them up very reasonable. Sign up for the search and they e-mail you everytime one is listed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 09:22 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 125 Likes on 111 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachelscloset
Another thing that bugs me is when you buy something on Ebay and the seller won't leave you feedback till you leave them feedback. I have sold on Ebay for 6 years and feel that when a buyer pays, they deserve feedback for holding up their end of the bargain. I will not leave feedback for sellers who hold feedback hostage.
I haven't sold anything on eBay, but I did sell a number of items on Yahoo! auctions several years ago. I always told the buyer in my "you have won this auction" email that once they received the item and let me know they were satisfied with it, I'd be happy to leave feedback for them. Sometimes the only way the buyer let me know everything was all right was by them leaving feedback for me first. But once I knew that the buyer was satisfied, I made sure to promptly leave feedback.

My reason for waiting? I've known several honest sellers who would leave feedback for the buyers right after payment was made, and ship their items right away. But then the buyer would fraudulently claim that the items never arrived, or were damaged or soiled, and leave negative feedback for the seller although the seller was not at fault.

Was my policy "feedback hostage"? (Cute term, btw. ) I can understand why some people might consider it that, but a seller has to protect his/her own reputation too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 09:31 AM   #24  
Kookie Creator

I can see your point of view as well. I think people (sellers) on Ebay are too afriad to get negative feedback. However, once you get into the 1000's on feedback you will probably have one or two negatives. The good thing about Ebay is you can respond to the negative post and sort of defend yourself. I have read the buyers neg feedback and the sellers response and see if the seller is honest or not. I just feel that if the buyer wants to cheat me or leave neg feedback they will, but I am an honest seller and I think that would be seen in the rest of the feedback that was left for me. I have almost 700 and only 2 negs. I would have 1000 in feedback if everyone left feedback!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 09:34 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
First - I'm NOT condoning any individual eBay seller behavior - I haven't even seen the item that this thread is about.

Here's a little perspective from an eBay seller:
To post an item on eBay isn't necessarily cheap. An auction item that sells for $38, with a $5 shipping fee, could cost the seller over $4 (eBay and Paypal fees). If they posted with a Buy It Now and Reserve, the cost could be another $1.20-1.30. If the item doesn't sell, eBay still charges some of the fees.

Personally, I sell items on eBay and just take the loss on my shipping because I know people think sellers are just trying to make more money on shipping.

When I bid for and item on eBay I don't even consider the 'split' between bid price and shipping... I add the numbers together and bid accordingly. If something has a $10 shipping price, then I deduct that from what I'm willing to bid. I wouldn't give a seller bad feedback because they charged me the shipping they identified in the auction, regardless of how much the shipping was; I could choose not to bid if I didn't want to pay the total price.

I don't understand why some buyers spend $50, $75 or even more for an item; I wouldn't do it. But, there's people out there that do. To each his own

this is how I feel on teh subject too. It does cost a bit to list things and sometimes you do have to take a hit in shipping. Depending on the size and packaging of what your selling.

the way I see it if you don't like the price don't bid simple as that. When I buy something I always figure in shipping as part of the cost of the itme and determine my high bid from there.

I have seen some stamps like PSX go for over $100. and thats a single stamp mind you thats just plain nuts but if its worth it to the buyer thats all that matters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 10:22 AM   #26  
Kookie Creator

My reason for waiting? I've known several honest sellers who would leave feedback for the buyers right after payment was made, and ship their items right away. But then the buyer would fraudulently claim that the items never arrived, or were damaged or soiled, and leave negative feedback for the seller although the seller was not at fault.

Was my policy "feedback hostage"? (Cute term, btw. ) I can understand why some people might consider it that, but a seller has to protect his/her own reputation too.[/QUOTE]

I have to tell you, until I read about this subject (ebay buyers that do this mean thing!) on here awhile back I wouldn't have even realized there could be so many mean buyers out there. I was SHOCKED! I can totally see your point here too. I guess in the end, anyone that does this is IMO just plain mean & dishonest! Too bad that it comes to this, huh? I just want everyone to be honest, happy & to play nice!
~Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 11:02 AM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't use e-bay often, but when I do, I avoid inflated shipping and reserve auctions. I understand the idea behind reserve auctions, but I'm such a straight-forward person that it annoys me to have this veil of secrecy about the minimum price the seller will accept. If a seller can't tell me what the lowest price he/she is willing to accept and let the bidding go up from there, I'm not going to waste my time with the auction.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 11:24 AM   #28  
Watercolor Wizard

I paid $2.99 shipping for some IS and it cost .63 to mail - I was irritated but then again, when I bid I agreed to it. I don't think you should leave neutral feedback or bad feedback if you have agreed to the terms. If you don't like the shipping price/ or price of the item just don't buy it.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me

Last edited by jailbirdstamper; 04-21-2006 at 11:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper
I paid $2.99 shipping for some IS and it cost .63 to mail - I was irritated but then again, when I bid I agreed to it. I don't think you should leave neutral feedback or bad feedback if you have agreed to the terms. If you don't like the shipping price/ or price of the item just don't buy it.
Amen! I had a Canadian buyer balk at paying the price for Global Priority (the stated method of shipping in my item description) AFTER she won my auction! She wasn't even going to pay for the item until I gently reminded her that her winning bid was a binding contract to purchase according to eBay policy and I would have to report her as a non-paying bidder. I agreed to ship by a slower, cheaper method, but still mentioned in the feedback that she had originally refused to pay.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 12:20 PM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by breathe
I was watching stampin up on ebay one Sat night, not too long ago, and someone was asking $99 for a new, unmounted Monkey Business!

Didn't wait to see if it sold or not, as we went to dinner.
i saw that too.
i also was checking on "on the spot" and sweet spot and they ask also almost $80 for it. but i guess there are people out there who are paying those prices.

i had sooo much luck and got on the spot and sweet spot from a very nice lady named kallie young! thanks kallie on this place again...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

i sold quite some stuff recently on ebay. but i have had so much trouble with 2 persons so iam really annoyed right now.

well.. .in general i hate when people sit in front of the computer bid the last minute and than just leave... and pay maybe a week later. Helloooo???? you just sat there why can you not pay right away? you can not go to a store and take stuff and just come back in a week or so, or when you get reminded.

well this one person did not pay right away and later after a week finally his e checks are cleared (so i had to wait for my money almost 2 weeks)
then over a week after he got his stuff he claims it is not complete there something missing. well. iam 10000% sure i put everything in the envelope. this sucks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 12:50 PM   #32  
Crimping Master

My biggest complaint is when you buy 2 stamps on ebay from the same seller and they charge you double the postage of 1 stamp. I don't believe thats how it works. I have bought many stamps from the same seller and ususally you get a deal on the shipping. I'm dealing with this problem right now. I just looked on www.usps.com and for 1 lb. letter post to Canada its 3.95, 2 lb letter post to Canada is 6.70. Can these sellers not figure that out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 12:53 PM   #33  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by K. Benko
My biggest complaint is when you buy 2 stamps on ebay from the same seller and they charge you double the postage of 1 stamp. I don't believe thats how it works. I have bought many stamps from the same seller and ususally you get a deal on the shipping. I'm dealing with this problem right now. I just looked on www.usps.com and for 1 lb. letter post to Canada its 3.95, 2 lb letter post to Canada is 6.70. Can these sellers not figure that out.
HI... Understand your frustration.... I think a lot of ebayer try to get around the ebay charges by making money on shipping fees...since ebays access a percentage fees on amt. the item is sold, but NOT not the shipping... so unfortunately for us (buyers)...we end up having to get charged for shipping :( But I think you should email the seller and ask...sometimes they are nice enuff to just combine shipping ) JMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 01:14 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadine529
I have to agree here. I sell a lot of retired SU! sets on eBay as well. My shipping and handling charges are clearly outlined. Yes, it may only cost $4.85 to send out something Priority mail, but I also use a padded envelope that I *pay* for and I have to drive to the Post Office to drop it off. (they don't fit in my mailbox, and if the item is over 1lb, the mailperson won't take it) So there is actually *handling* involved.

To have a buyer bid/win on the item, when the shipping & handling charges are clearly stated in the auction, including the fact that I ship in padded envelopes, and then gripe after the fact that shipping is too high or worse, leave negative/neutral feedback, is wrong.

ETA: As to the original post, I agree that $8.95 is high.
You should check out the USPS website. Your carrier should pick it up even if it's over 1lb. You can go to the USPS website and request a pickup. You just state there how much it weighs, how many packages, and where you're leaving it.
I use this feature all the time. I felt bad about causing more work for my carrier but the post office said the carrier gets reimbursed for every time they have to get out of the vehicle, if they pick up packages, if they have to drive down your driveway, etc. Try it out, it's great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

I buy and sell on ebay. I feel that I am fair with my shipping. I try to stay as close to the actual cost as I can. But, I did round up the next dollar. That being said, I also offer 1/2 price shipping on any additional sets. The last group I sent out, cost me more in shipping that I charged. So sometimes it actually hurts the seller to offer discounts on multiple purchases.

I am trying to keep my prices reasonable, because I am a buyer also and I don't like to pay inflated prices either.

Now, if I could just win the lottery so that I can afford to get all the SU stamps I want while they are in the current IB&C instead of having to hope I get them for a decent price on the Bay.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 01:20 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhawks
You should check out the USPS website. Your carrier should pick it up even if it's over 1lb. You can go to the USPS website and request a pickup. You just state there how much it weighs, how many packages, and where you're leaving it.
I use this feature all the time. I felt bad about causing more work for my carrier but the post office said the carrier gets reimbursed for every time they have to get out of the vehicle, if they pick up packages, if they have to drive down your driveway, etc. Try it out, it's great!
Thanks for this tip; I'll have to look into that!

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

Just wanted to add my 0.032 Canadian cents on the feedback and the price you're willing to pay when bidding on an SU set...

First the price...I buy new stamp sets on ebay from time to time and they are a couple of dollars more than you'd pay to a consultant but I'm buying from the US and if I bought from a consultant in Canada I'd be paying a LOT more for the set even factoring in shipping and that I paid a couple of extra dollars for a set. Just as an example (and I haven't bought this but I'm researching it) Travel Sketchbook in the Spring Mini is $41.95 CAD - with shipping and tax it will work out to $53.07 CAD. If I use "buy it now" I can get the set for $26.00 USD plus $8.95 USD shipping for a total of $40.52 CAD for a savings of over $12.00. (of course, there is the possibility that I will get "dinged" by Customs!) This is totally unfair to Canadian demonstrators as the prices are prohibitive in the SU catalogues.

With feedback - I am not a seller, only a buyer. I admit that I do find it annoying when sellers don't leave me feedback after I've paid as I've held up my end of the bargain but I understand why they hold it back so I always email them when I've received the goods stating that they have arrived and I nicely ask them to leave me feedback so I may reciprocate. So far, they have always responded by leaving feedback. I make sure I quickly respond. I also ALWAYS give the seller the chance to fix an error if they shipped the wrong item or it arrived damaged PRIOR to leaving feedback. Mistakes do happen.

Whew! That was more like a loonies' (Canadian $1 coin) worth of opinion - sorry I rambled on!

Kelly Bee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #38  
Die Cut Diva

Here's the thing about eBay-everything you need to know is in the auction information. If you last-minute bid and don't note the FULL cost of an item, that's not the seller's problem.

When you bid, you are agreeing the the seller's TOS, even if you don't like it. If you don't like it, find your item from someone else. If people would avoid sellers who do this, they would eventually take the hint and lower their shipping costs!

Wendy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 04:44 PM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

Stampin up stamps are like Gold on ebay . I have watched and been out bid on all i have tried as they usually go for more than what they go in the catty depending on what they are. And I think some people think that if someone really wants it they'll pay it , but not I , I'll wait a 100 days not to get ripped off if i can help it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2006, 08:01 PM   #40  
Rubber Obsessor

I just watched tracker time? i think it is called, go for 81.00!!!!!!!!!1
Reply With Quote Likes