Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have quite a few Christmas stamps already and always see new ones I want, it's my favorite holiday and so fun to make cards for. I didn't buy any for a few years and then last year there were so many new ones I wanted, but had put myself on a budget for Christmas (it's easy to go crazy, you know?). So after Christmas I had several gift cards to my favorite craft store (Craft Warehouse here) so I went when they had their after Christmas sale and snapped up most of the ones I had wanted and several more, of course, for 80% of the regular price! So now I have last years new stamps to make this years cards. They are new to me and none of the people I make cards for will know the difference, so I thought this was a great solution! I picked up 4 of the scene type stamps for just a pittance and those are so timeless I figure I will use them for years to come. I am working hard at becoming a responsible consumer, painful though it can be sometimes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #42  
Cardstock Collector

I make gift tags with mine and give away boxes of them in place of baking cookies in a cookie exchange etc. I normally get 2-3 new sets and several singles each year to keep the mix fresh and trade out older ones that I am tired of.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #43  
Crimping Master

yes, I do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 03:38 AM   #44  
Glitter Queen

I have enough Christmas stamps that I shouldn't have to buy one more. I see a card that I think is adorable, order the stamp but may never create with it. I make around 40 cards (all the same). This year it's Rudolph because I have many little nieces and nephews that I think will enjoy it. I tell myself...no more buying until you use what you have!! It's a sickness I tell you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 04:00 AM   #45  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

I usually buy a few new one's each year. Since I have someone that I sell cards (~100 total) to for Christmas, I try to find some new stamps to use each year for those cards. Plus I usually find some that I just have to have. :o)

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 05:43 AM   #46  
Inking Addict

Christmas stamps are my favorite. I usually buy a dozen or so, looking for word stamps to go with the images. I love SU sets, Inkadinkadoo, Hero Arts, and Impression Obsession to name a few. Then my daughter and grandchildren make cards too. The sharing part is fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 05:54 AM   #47  
Cardstock Collector

I always end up with a few extra! I'm a sucker for stamps period!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 05:58 AM   #48  
Pearl-ExPert

I used to but I think I am done now. I have more Christmas stamps than I will ever use and I can definitely come up with new ideas for the next 30 years with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 06:16 AM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

I've been stamping for 13 years so believe me, I have a lot. I store my mounted stamps in a box under the bed in the spare bedroom, I have 2 - 2X2 foot shelves in my stamp credenza almost full. I think I have enough but I do end up buying some. My biggest weakness is leaves and trees and recently fall stamps. How many pumpkin stamps does one person need? This year I ended up pulling out some Christmas Tapestry Peg stamps I bought about 5 years ago to use even though I bought a new stamp I thought I'd use. Oh well. I tell people I collect virgin rubber.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 06:28 AM   #50  
Kookie Creator

I thought I was going to be able to answer "no" on this, but then I remembered I am hoping for a delivery today from Justritestamps. Then I am waiting to order one or two more from them. But, these aren't being used on cards, but on tree decorations and treat bags. Does that count as not buying for cards. ;)

My 20 year old daughter just recently got into stamping and she absolutely loves Penny Black stamps and will be ordering a couple of sets of the Christmas stamps.

I plan on making many different ones this year to sell to co-workers. For the ones I send out I actually bought the stamps and punch at this time last year. Just need to find the paper I need to go with it. Now that is a whole other thread. I am such a sucker for Christmas paper like a lot of you are. It is so good to know I am not alone in my addiction.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 AM   #51  
Cardstock Collector

So far, I have used the same stamp set, "City of David." In a way, it has become my signature stamp/card. I change the paper colors and craft a different layout each year. In this way, to me, it becomes a very different card.

For example, the first year I used deep blue (midnight s'thing perhaps) paper and stamped the city stamp in gold and added glitter to the stars. Another I used I a light sage paper, turned it to open top to bottom and put the donkey and parents on the front, while adding paper torn sand to the bottom. Etc., etc.

When I tire of this set, I will just exchange sets with friends.

CJ
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 07:17 AM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Come on over....there are sets that need some lovin' still...and more on my To Buy Oct 1 list...I think I have a problem, LOL! Maybe I need an intervention....but I LOVE Christmas and make lots of cards! And 20 might be pushing it but then again I'm sort of afraid to count:-)
No don't count Minders - that's a bad thing - I was saying/thinking I had about 30 or 40 stamp sets - any more than that was just insane I was thinking to myself - well let's say I stopped counting at 85 (overall stamp sets - that's JUST the SU sets YIKES)- it was shocking -

don't count, you'll ruin the fantasy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 07:36 AM   #53  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like to purchase stamps that are specific to any one particular holiday. That limits the use of them. I prefer to purchase stamps that can be used for any or most any situation. I like to have the technique used be the wow factor in any of my cards.

My Christmas Cards are for the main image either my dog or a die cut or combination of both. The stamping element is for detail or accent, not the main focal point.

I have enough stamps that I don't think I need to ever purchase any more in my life. I'm content with the ones I have. There are so many ways they can be used. Use them either alone or in combination with other stamps.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #54  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I try to only buy 2or 3 new Christmas stamps per year...but I have learned to not buy those stamps until I am absolutely ready to make my cards or otherwise those 2 or 3 go into my stash, get forgotten and I go out and buy 2 or 3 more. Needless to say I have a lot of Christmas stamps and many have never been used...but someday!! lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The last set I bought was Wandering Words...if that's the one with fall, Christmas, and Valentine's? I have so many sets that I really love and I loaned them out to my demo and friends recently for a Christmas Stamp-a-Stack. I think I have enough to last for eyars to come!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #56  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Christmas stamps?

When I started stamping 20 yrs ago , my first project was Christmas cards. I stamped on balsa wood my husband cut into postcard sizes, sanded and routed an edge for me. I still have one of them. It is special to me now as I lost my husband 7 yrs ago. Christmas is my favorite time of the yr and I make between 50-80 cards a yr. I can not imagine letting Christmas go by without buying at least 2 new stamps for the occasion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #57  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
one or two tops but what I DO do is get rid of ones I have had a while.

the very first year I was into Card making I had the SU! snowflake Punch and stamp set. by the time I finished making the 125 cards I LOATHED that punch . the next catalog it was retired and suddenly LOTS of people were begging for it and the stamp set, so I sold 'em. somebody else got very happy and I never had to punch 125 snowflakes again. :rolleyes:

Now I play it smart and have several sets that I make liek 25 cards from. I don;tget tiored of the set, and I end up with many different designs to send out
It never occurred to me to make more than 1 design - how weird! I'll have to try that this year. I always get sick of whatever design I choose after I make 60 cards. Thanks for the idea!
And I can usually restrain myself from buying the new Christmas stuff... I just drool all over my SU catalog, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #58  
Inking Addict

Another option is to rent stamps through the mail - then you can use different Christmas stamps every year and you don't have to store them during all those months you don't use them.

Stamp Revolution

http://stamprevolution.com

More stamps for more people!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2010, 05:40 PM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

I try really hard not to indulge, but don't often suceed. Haven't bought any new Christmas ones..........yet. Just fun new paper from SU.......... so far.

jennik
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

Count me in, too. I probably don't need any more, but SU always has something new each year that grabs my eye (and pocketbook - LOL). As A Christian, I buy up every religious set they've made since I joined in Feb. 2006. And this year, those vintage looking ones in the mini especially, seem to be calling to me as well. They are beautiful!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2010, 06:48 PM   #61  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

I have bought two (so far) SU's Dasher and Come To Bethlemen. I really want Jolly Old Saint Nick. I hear rumors of a SU special coming up for the mini which I will be buying more I bet!! Love Christmas stamps---for some people I send religious stamps, others Santa, others regal etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #62  
Compulsive Stamper

I used to be a SU Demo and thought I had to have all of the Christmas stamps. Well since then I have been trying to be more cautious about my spending. So this year I wasn't so enamored with all of the sets available so it was easier. And I have become fussier and also realized that the quality of SU is second to none. So unless I need something desparately I won't buy anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #63  
Die Cut Diva

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_womanView Post
I have been trying to not buy any new stamps. Period. I have somewhere around 1200 individual stamps and I think I may have only used about maybe 100 of them for cards (I tend to use a lot of digi stamps too). I'm a sucker for anything Christmas, so probably about 20% of my stamps are Christmas stamps and I only send out 10 cards (5 of 2 different designs) every year. So I have enough Christmas stamps to last me another 100 years...
With you on that one, Catwoman, I will probably have to live to be at least 300 if I want to use all the Christmas stamps I have
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #64  
Cardstock Collector

Yes! I don't want to use the same one I used last year...what if someone remembered it!! lol...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

just saw PTI's new sneak peak, guess I will have to buy more ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #66  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
I only have two Christmas sets. Can you believe that? And I've been stamping for five years! I'm too practical to buy lots.
I also have Wandering Words and that has a Santa and sleigh stamp with it.
I used it last year and I'm using it again in a really different way. I also have quite a few $1.00 stamps with a holiday theme to mix it up with little expense.

Too practical to buy lots of holiday stamps that is...whatever the holiday. I do have over 100 SU sets and lots and lots of single stamps. I just don't spend lots on holiday stamps...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #67  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfunView Post
just saw PTI's new sneak peak, guess I will have to buy more ;)
Yep, I would definitely recommend that anyone telling themselves they're not going to buy more Christmas stamps this year NOT go over to Papertrey Ink anytime between now and Christmas! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #68  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenakeeView Post
Yep, I would definitely recommend that anyone telling themselves they're not going to buy more Christmas stamps this year NOT go over to Papertrey Ink anytime between now and Christmas! :-D
Sigh...too late...went and looked already......and I just ordered the last wreath set and the sentiment set (and some other goodies). They aren't here yet but I'm already looking at the new peeks. Usually I make all my cards the same (100+) but this year I want to try doing several different ones. (How's that for justification?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberLady603View Post
Sigh...too late...went and looked already......and I just ordered the last wreath set and the sentiment set (and some other goodies). They aren't here yet but I'm already looking at the new peeks. Usually I make all my cards the same (100+) but this year I want to try doing several different ones. (How's that for justification?)
Hi Dee! How are you doing? :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #70  
Rubber Obsessor

I can't wait to see the new PTI sets....

I already have several PTI Christmas and Halloween sets.

I would say that 70% of my collection is Christmas and Halloween sets.
I can never have enough.

This year, so far, I have bought about 8 Christmas and 10 Halloween sets.

Yikes, I should be done for this year, if I do buy the new PTI ones it will probably be in the spring.

For those who love Halloween, the new sets at Waltzingmouse are my new faves this year. Sooooo fun.

SU always has great Christmas sets, and for sentiments I love to buy rubber.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #71  
Embossing Fanatic

rent them thru the mail?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #72  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdjkssssView Post
Christmas stamps are my favorite! No way I can limit myself to just one or two new sets per year. I feel no guilt over them, though. I make and send about 80-100 Christmas cards, and I never mass-produce. I generally make from 1-4 of a design, then get bored and make something different. So in any given year, I might make as many as 30 or 40 different designs. My Christmas stamps definitely get used.
Chris. Are you showing off??? Trying to make me look bad??? :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #73  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeresaLynnView Post
rent them thru the mail?
Yep, if you've ever rented movies through the mail, it works the same way. You pay a monthly fee, make a list of what stamps you'd like, they mail them to you, you mail them back when you're done, and they send you the next ones on your list, etc. - back and forth for as long as you're paying the monthly fee.

Stamp Revolution

http://stamprevolution.com

More stamps for more people!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #74  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampRevView Post
Yep, if you've ever rented movies through the mail, it works the same way. You pay a monthly fee, make a list of what stamps you'd like, they mail them to you, you mail them back when you're done, and they send you the next ones on your list, etc. - back and forth for as long as you're paying the monthly fee.
I have never heard of this! Interesting! Although I would want to keep everything! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2010, 10:04 AM   #75  
Matboard Maniac

Holiday stamp sets are like Lays potato chips ... can't stop at just one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #76  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep I am a sucker for anything Christmas. I only make about 10 cards per year, but have so many christmas stamps. I do like to have the variety, and I keep all my old ones too.

I got the SU set Delightful Decorations and ornament punch this year, so that is a new one for me, plus a the cuttlebug Winter Wonderland set (even though it's summer here)! But I love the ornaments one in that. So with those, I'll have enough new stuff to play with.

Oh and I also do love Penny Black christmas stamps, and house mouse too. So look out for them when they are on sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #77  
Polyshrink Goddess

I do, but I use stamps I already have too. I'm not too big on mass producing, so I use several different stamp sets for Christmas cards.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by akemi76View Post
Holiday stamp sets are like Lays potato chips ... can't stop at just one.
Too bad they are not as cheap as Lays Potato Chips! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #79  
Pearl-ExPert

I tend to add a few each year. I tend to try to add ones that I can use for more than just Christmas cards (like presents for birthday cards and snowflakes for Winter season cards).

Retired Paper Craft & Scrapbooking magazine Go-to Gal & Contributing Editor
Retired Moxie Fab World Hostess
All-around lucky girl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2CuteCatsView Post
Too bad they are not as cheap as Lays Potato Chips! LOL
lol I know, or we would have more than what we already have ;)
Reply With Quote Likes