Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-24-2015, 06:43 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't got one, but I might in the future. I mostly stamp and then fussycut, and I never make one-layer cards...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2015, 06:59 AM   #42  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts
Thumbs up

I take the tool's name seriously ... Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented.
IMO ... that is fact... truly.

I have loved stamping for many years. This tool has increased my joy so much, and I was not "missing" any joy that I knew of before I tried it!

Use Misti as a keyword to search the SCS galleries as a visual aid to see results of Misti's use by our variety of stampers. ;) Then take a look at Misti's company forums here to gain even more insight from users and interaction with Misti's creator, Iliana. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2015, 07:44 AM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
In the MISTI thread some genius discovered this tip and it's wonderful.

It's a plastic sheet with a 1/4" grid. I bought mine at Amazon and cut it to fit. There are 6 sheets in the pack and I shared with my friends. I like this better than printing my own because they are a nice thick plastic.

Amazon.com: TEMPLATE VINYL PLASTIC 8.5" x 11" - 6 SHEETS (PLAIN X 2, 1/4" GRID X 4) COLLINS

UnderstanBlue's video is great for seeing how to use it. I actually don't tape my down as suggested, I just make sure I push the grid down into the corner. When I'm trying to get a word stamp straight, I stamp on the grid, check the alignment, and then move the stamp, re-stamp on the grid, until it's perfectly straight. The grid is easy to clean with stamp cleaner. Note, I don't use StazOn on my grid. The grid is also a great way to see what color ink you may want to use.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/208924870189955185/
Thank you SO much for this post � I've been considering the merits of unmounting some of my stamps, and this info has me feeling more motivated in that direction. Thanks as well to Lydia for the video � this is the type of thing I struggle to understand from words alone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #44  
Inking Addict

I don't have a MISTI, but use a WeR Memory Keepers letterpress platform to serve the purpose. I can see that the MISTI is built exactly for stamp alignment - they letterpress platform doesn't have a corner to snug the paper into. If the paper moves, I can't put it back into place exactly.

I think the price point is similar between the two items, since I already had the letterpress item, it works for now.

I don't use it for every project. I can see it being more valuable (to me) if I did multiples of items. I still reach for the stamp-a-ma-jig more often.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2015, 03:09 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

I don't own one nor do I plan to. It is expensve and there are other tools that perform the same function.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2015, 04:05 PM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by toodmeView Post
I don't own one nor do I plan to. It is expensve and there are other tools that perform the same function.
I agree about the cost, especially now that the price has increased. But I do think the MISTI is better at double stamping. Though I did get a perfect double stamp with my Fiskars Stamp Press a couple days ago. I figure I was just very lucky.

People who do a lot of stamping swear by the MISTI, which I suppose is why people are willing to pay upwards of a $100 to get it. I've done more stamping this month (Hope You Can Cling To challenge) than I ever have. I'm a scrapbooker first, card maker second. But I have to admit that I'd probably make more cards if I was a better stamper--or owned a MISTI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2015, 04:13 PM   #47  
Kookie Creator

The MISTI is the best tool I ever bought. I never ruin my cardstock now. And stamping on diecuts is a dream. In fact, this summer I had to make a card while at my daughter's and I had brought along stamps, dies and paper .... well, not having my MISTI along made it almost impossible for me to stamp! I have gotten spoiled by it, and really rely on it. When making multiples, the process is greatly speeded along and all cards are perfectly stamped.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2015, 04:24 PM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

I just finished a custom order of 325 Christmas cards. I stamped two images on the main page and a greeting message inside the card. So, I stamped 650 times with my MISTI. I can't even begin to tell you how much time it saved me and the only pieces of cardstock that were ruined was because I cut them crooked. My MISTI was purchased last February and is still in mint condition. I took off the large stamp I wanted to use on the front of the card and mounted it on foam just so I could use the MISTI. Totally worth it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2015, 04:28 PM   #49  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by postmarkView Post
I just finished a custom order of 325 Christmas cards. I stamped two images on the main page and a greeting message inside the card. So, I stamped 650 times with my MISTI. I can't even begin to tell you how much time it saved me and the only pieces of cardstock that were ruined was because I cut them crooked. My MISTI was purchased last February and is still in mint condition. I took off the large stamp I wanted to use on the front of the card and mounted it on foam just so I could use the MISTI. Totally worth it!!
Wow! Way to go on such a terrific custom order! Good thing you had a Misti ... or you'd still be stamping and probably would have emptied the trash bin a couple of times too. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2015, 04:30 PM   #50  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 669 Likes on 421 Posts

it makes me curious about how many clear blocks people have invested in ( sizes shapes etc) and really if anyone has ever admitted to them selves how much that investment cost?

(and how many of those blocks were un-use able because they hurt your hands with a sharp edge?)

so, from that perspective. If I were a brand new stamper I would hope someone would direct me to getting a Misti and not buying every block made.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2021, 11:55 AM   #51  
Cardstock Collector

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lives up to it's name

I don't think my wife could live without her MISTI!

Jim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2022, 07:03 AM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 675 Likes on 348 Posts

I just got an email from Sweet Petunia about "Aligning Die cuts with the MIS-T Ruler". Does anyone have it? Can you tell me your thoughts on it, and if you would recommend it? Thanks! LM :-)

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2022, 07:44 PM   #53  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I got one of the earliest MISTIs (nbr 67) and I absolutely love it. I've tried other stamp platforms and my MISTI is my fav and I think it's worth every penny.

I bought the plastic grid sheets but now I make my own by laminating grid paper.

I also bought some of the corner magnets & rulers but I never use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2022, 06:19 AM   #54  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 669 Likes on 421 Posts

I want those T rulers I think they are shorter on the long leg then the one I currently use that is really sized more for scrapbookers than card fronts. kwim?
I do use the corners to hold things in the space to stamp on them since there are 3 magnets on that it holds it better than one little circle one, I tried the bars and those are harder for me. the corners get used every time.

and I think at last count I have 4 or 5 of them.
( I did win one as a gift ) but, I have one at work, I've bought them as gifts and I mostly use the medium size, I do have one 12" sized one though as most my cards are larger than A2 so, if you want to add on a sentiment at the very end when the card is done having a larger space for a bigger card you do not have to fold to close the door is a good thing.
I have never bought the smallest size one.

and I do own one of the Tim Holtz platforms and I just totally find it awkward to use after owning Misti's which the hinges allow it to open so smoothly.
(its a dust catcher in the closet)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes