Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-05-2010, 06:33 AM   #81  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithjoanneView Post
=========

One demo I connect with periodically does a short email "survey" of customers re: what they are interested in...........ie: Making cards only? Scrapbooking? at Make and Takes, do you want just cards to other 'speciality' items too? Are you interested in belonging to a Stamp Club that would meet monthly? etc. etc.

I think it has given her a good idea what HER customers are looking for.

It's a good idea and I would do it if I were a demo!
This is a good idea. I think it is a good idea to know who your customers are. I will probably have to adapt my cardmaking skills into scrapbooking because I'm sure I will have a lot of scrapbookers in what I hear from the people I already talked to. I probably should have 2 samples made up with the products I'm demoing 1 card and 1 scrapbook page. That will be challenging since I really have never scrapbooked before.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 06:50 AM   #82  
Kookie Creator

My demo is a hobby demo. She did do card classes once a month for a while but then she was finding it very stressful and was having health concerns. ( I might add that all of us were experienced stampers so she would create the most beautiful cards for us to make b/c she knew we could handle it) I completely understand her taking a break but definitely miss the social aspect of it. She would charge us $20 an we would make 4 cards. Well worth it in my books.
Through blurfing I found a demo approx. 1 hr from me that hosts classes where you make some cards and then leave with the stamp set that you used. The cost is $25 and I will make 6 cards and leave with a $15 stamp set. I'm sure she isn't making much off the class but I'm sure it's a way to meet her minimums. I'm super excited to get out and socialize with other stampers.
I totally see where demos are coming from with the time commitment of cutting all the material for camps. I decided to make everyone at work a Christmas card last year which worked out to 150. I spent hours cutting all the materials before I even hit the assembly stage.

And as a side note. Thank you to all you wonderful Demos out there that share your artwork through your blogs. There are many of you that i wish i lived closer too!

Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 07:15 AM   #83  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry11View Post
Through blurfing I found a demo approx. 1 hr from me that hosts classes where you make some cards and then leave with the stamp set that you used. The cost is $25 and I will make 6 cards and leave with a $15 stamp set. I'm sure she isn't making much off the class but I'm sure it's a way to meet her minimums. I'm super excited to get out and socialize with other stampers.

Kristy
That is a great idea! I hope you have a great time and meet some new friends! Do you mind sharing her blog?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #84  
Glitter Queen

Default workshops

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I know many do, but I checked my SU demo locator near my house and checked the website of all the ones that popped up near me and could not find a single event.

So that got me wondering. I know with the internet, things have really changed..but do many demos hold workshops anymore??
I do workshops once every three months. I have been with Stampin Up for 5yrs. I try to hold workshops around the mini's. I charge $15.00. We make 4cards and 1 3-D project. I do them on Sat. or Sunday afternoon. This helps me make my quota and I get all the benifits from sales. I make sure the customers each get to pick a hostess level one set sometime during the year from the catalog. These are my long time customers. I heve gotten new people and I just got my first downline. Not bad for just feeding my habit. I do at least 400 to 700 dollars in sales at each one. Sometimes more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #85  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaneyrocketView Post
That is a great idea! I hope you have a great time and meet some new friends! Do you mind sharing her blog?
Her name is Heather. Here is the link
Reply With Quote Likes