Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-05-2009, 08:19 AM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy-StamperView Post
Ok... I took some time to check out Ashley's blog and what do I see??? She's preganant!! Very pregnant!! I know your upset, but lets give the girl some slack. I think she will make things right by you.
I have to respectfully disagree with you here Tracy. When someone has a business and takes my money, then I expect my items. And if I don't get my items in a timely manner, then I expect constant communication along the way as to why. If life circumstances change for whatever reason, then that place of BUSINESS should state on their website that they are not taking orders for a specified amount of time until they can give good customer service again.

I think with the advent of the internet, too many people start a business without really understanding that owning your own business is VERY hard work. It really is not all fun and games. And I do know what I'm talking about....My stepdad owns his own business (and has for 40 years) and at 75, works harder than any employee he has and they are all younger than him.

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraosView Post
I have to respectfully disagree with you here Tracy. When someone has a business and takes my money, then I expect my items. And if I don't get my items in a timely manner, then I expect constant communication along the way as to why. If life circumstances change for whatever reason, then that place of BUSINESS should state on their website that they are not taking orders for a specified amount of time until they can give good customer service again.

I think with the advent of the internet, too many people start a business without really understanding that owning your own business is VERY hard work. It really is not all fun and games. And I do know what I'm talking about....My stepdad owns his own business (and has for 40 years) and at 75, works harder than any employee he has and they are all younger than him.
I totally hear what you are saying Laura. I'm just a girl who likes to see the big picture and when I started participating in this thread I felt like hmm... this factor was never mentioned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #43  
Hardware Hotshot

[QUOTE=lauraos;13651395]I have to respectfully disagree with you here Tracy. When someone has a business and takes my money, then I expect my items. And if I don't get my items in a timely manner, then I expect constant communication along the way as to why. If life circumstances change for whatever reason, then that place of BUSINESS should state on their website that they are not taking orders for a specified amount of time until they can give good customer service again.

I think with the advent of the internet, too many people start a business without really understanding that owning your own business is VERY hard work. It really is not all fun and games. And I do know what I'm talking about....My stepdad owns his own business (and has for 40 years) and at 75, works harder than any employee he has and they are all younger than him.[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, people seem to clearly know all about her and her life situations as well as the fact that she is a new business owner - if they still choose to order from her then that is a chance they take. As someone mentioned earlier, some people only order from companies that have proven their customer service over a lengthy period of time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 08:54 AM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Fascinating thread. Reminds me of "You've Got Mail" - the "it's not personal, it's business" conversation! But these days, it seems, we are inundated with TMI.

My first reaction is, Tracy is being really sweet, but it never occurred to me that I should *need* to know a business owners present state of mind or level of complications in their personal life to feel that I can order from them. That said, these days it may make sense to have an idea of how long a company has been in business, look for testimonials, etc. But I have never had a situation like this so I'm fortunate.

I have ordered from Pink Persimmon which is obviously a brand spankin' new company and was thoroughly pleased. I also placed a preorder with 7kidscollegefund ~ I may not have done that except that I've seen around here what a great company it is and had ordered from them previously.

I don't think you can assume either that if someone has a stressful personal situation or a change in circumstances at home, their business will suffer. That would be completely unfair also.

Hopefully this particular company will be able to rise to the occasion and take care of business. I think I read in one of the earlier posts that she was attempted to be reached by email - any phone calls? If she's in business, it's hard to believe she cannot be reached at all. I think contacting the state's attorney general is appropriate. In my experience, the BBB is useless. Best wishes to you.

The most we can learn from situations like this is caveat emptor. IMHO, if you are no longer able to provide an appropriate level of service to your customers, you take no orders until you can. And if the reasons are personal, it's none of my business.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #45  
Hardware Hotshot

Nancy, you are so eloquent with your writing! All such excellent points. The hard part for me is I hear people saying in this thread I know she is in school... or I know she is really busy, and yet they are surprised that they are not getting good customer service, but you're right we shouldn't assume that those things correlate with bad customer service.

Last edited by Tracy-Stamper; 04-05-2009 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #46  
Hardware Hotshot

One thing I have noticed in a couple different situations is that just because an individual owns an on-line store and is always on-line or blogging does not mean that they give good customer service and when they are constantly on-line and giving bad service it *really* irks people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Tracy ~ I don't post that often because I'm never sure how people will 'take' me, and I think that everyone will notice things like the apostrophe I missed LOL!!

I actually visited the Treehouse Stamps site and was impressed with the really popular stamps sold there and the variety. It's too bad the business is suffering ~ and odd when the blog is updated regularly that they are not attending to the sales or at least the communication.

I helped someone with a business once and the best advice I ever gave was that even if things are moving a little slowly for the customer, if you communicate honestly and in a timely manner, they tend to be more understanding and you can maintain your reputation. I'd rather hear upfront the truth and know what to expect, or choose a refund, than go on and on with no information. This company needs to step up to the plate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #48  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

First, to the OP, I'm very sorry and I hope you get a response and some kind of resolution as soon as possible. Poor customer service is a huge pet peeve of mine, and there is no shortage of it out there! Lack of communication is the worst. A little communication, an update, goes a long way with most people. Most people are understanding about wait times if you just keep them updated.

That said, I hate to see companies flamed on the SCS forums. I'm speaking generally now, and not specifically about this thread.

Posting something negative on SCS is like taking out ad space, because it gets SOOO many views.

Say an otherwise great company has a couple of off days, or misses a shipment or something. Somebody starts a thread about it and a few of the affected people chime in. This company's reputation can be horribly damaged, even though 99% of their orders are accurate and timely, kwim? It's not a fair representation. People are always more quick to tell about a negative experience vs. a positive.

I hope people realize how damaging a negative post can be and I hope that readers know they aren't getting to hear both sides.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #49  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I want to add that the worst example of that is a thread that had a really negative subject line with the company name and an angry face. If you take the time to look at the thread, she was mad because she had ordered on a Friday night and hadn't received a ship notice by Sunday, or something absurd like that.

Think how many people didn't click the thread, just read the negative title and had a bad impression of that company. Sad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystie leeView Post
....Say an otherwise great company has a couple of off days, or misses a shipment or something. Somebody starts a thread about it and a few of the affected people chime in. This company's reputation can be horribly damaged, even though 99% of their orders are accurate and timely, kwim? It's not a fair representation. People are always more quick to tell about a negative experience vs. a positive.

I hope people realize how damaging a negative post can be and I hope that readers know they aren't getting to hear both sides....
Was going to mention this myself - I agree it can be undeservedly damaging, yet on the other hand, a community like this is in part a forum for people to share their experiences and offer opinions. I'm a bit torn on the appropriateness of these sorts of threads. Up to SCS really whether to allow or disallow. In a sense, it is a motivating factor for companies to have good communication and business practices. Word of mouth travels more quickly in the electronic age. An open forum can also be extremely beneficial ~ I'm certain many businesses have been helped immensely by exposure in SCS forums.

SO, is it discussing the issue that might harm the company, or is it that company's handling of their business? I suspect at some point the owner of Treehouse Stamps will become aware of this thread and have the chance to respond. I see that as a huge benefit and could do wonders for that company's reputation. I, for one, can be very forgiving, but words need to be followed by actions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I want to add that the worst example of that is a thread that had a really negative subject line with the company name and an angry face. If you take the time to look at the thread, she was mad because she had ordered on a Friday night and hadn't received a ship notice by Sunday, or something absurd like that.

Think how many people didn't click the thread, just read the negative title and had a bad impression of that company. Sad.
Agree - absolutely inappropriate to post in such a way!! Sometimes, it is the customer who is unreasonable. Same for posts where the customer doesn't even seem to have tried to rectify the situation with the businessowner first!! Just roll my eyes with that one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It must be very difficult, expensive, aggravating and time consuming to run a small business. Sometimes we hear one side of the story (from the consumer) on the internet, and it turns out there is a whole back story. I know this has happened to one on line vendor and when I heard her side of the story I was amazed that 2 people could experience the same event and walk away with completely different set of facts!

That said, small online businesses must be available every day to handle business or say so clearly on the web. If a business is structured properly from the beginning, there is enough capital to cover emergencies. The business plan provides for this. Otherwise, an illness, vacation, family issue, etc. affects business. And as we all know, everyone experiences these things. This is one of the reasons I stopped selling Stampin Up. I couldn't be available to even place orders due to other time commitments.

So if a vendor isn't going to be able to meet demand, just say so. I've seen many a small vendor state "we will be away for 2 weeks. Orders placed within this time period will be processed in the order received and we will start shipping on ........]. Then the customer has a choice.

Pregnancy is irrelevant to running a business. It isn't a disease, and even diseases are irrelevant. You want my money? Give me my stuff or warn me ahead of time, or at the very least, arrange for someone to contact me and explain your situation and give me the option of a refund or waiting.

I've yet to meet a vendor who has said -- oh you are sick, pregnant, on vacation, overwhelmed, so don't bother paying me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well said, as usual, Joan!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #54  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

I agree that malicious and unreasonable negativity should be dealt with and/or not allowed. However.........having seen the phrase "word of mouth" used here......isn't that what this is?? An honest, and upset, presenting of facts of the experience of this OP. There has been no nastiness. I live in a small community where businesses earn their reputation and word of mouth has a huge impact. Why should it be any different with our online community? Reputations are earned and it's very obvious that the OP is not the only one with an issue by a landslide! I've waited a LONG time for an order.........but because of getting e-mails, I'm currently working with the owner of a tiny company that she just, just started and is having huge issues and not posting anything negative. It truly is all about communication and attitude! I know the OP........she is one of the sweetest persons I know! She's beyond frustrated and being constantly ignored without even a tiny glimmer of an e-mail she has to cut her losses at some point.

I'm not responding directly to anyone either..........I for one am very glad SCS is leaving this thread open and honestly I'm very pleased at the conversations. I don't think everyone has to agree......but I'm happy to see no nasty posts back and forth........truly an adult discussion over a specific problem!! I do hope the owner can get her priorities back on track.......and life certainly can overwhelm all of us at times......but simple communication when you've taken money from customers comes before spending time crafting and maintaining a blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #55  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
It must be very difficult, expensive, aggravating and time consuming to run a small business. Sometimes we hear one side of the story (from the consumer) on the internet, and it turns out there is a whole back story. I know this has happened to one on line vendor and when I heard her side of the story I was amazed that 2 people could experience the same event and walk away with completely different set of facts!

That said, small online businesses must be available every day to handle business or say so clearly on the web. If a business is structured properly from the beginning, there is enough capital to cover emergencies. The business plan provides for this. Otherwise, an illness, vacation, family issue, etc. affects business. And as we all know, everyone experiences these things. This is one of the reasons I stopped selling Stampin Up. I couldn't be available to even place orders due to other time commitments.

So if a vendor isn't going to be able to meet demand, just say so. I've seen many a small vendor state "we will be away for 2 weeks. Orders placed within this time period will be processed in the order received and we will start shipping on ........]. Then the customer has a choice.

Pregnancy is irrelevant to running a business. It isn't a disease, and even diseases are irrelevant. You want my money? Give me my stuff or warn me ahead of time, or at the very least, arrange for someone to contact me and explain your situation and give me the option of a refund or waiting.
I've yet to meet a vendor who has said -- oh you are sick, pregnant, on vacation, overwhelmed, so don't bother paying me.
I totally agree. From the opinions presented here and visiting her blog, my perception is she is young, cute and pregnant and maybe she has gone astray with her business. If this is the case I feel bad for her. Nobody has to agree with me, so maybe I shouldn't have said to give her some slack, but that is why I did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #56  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvLeeView Post
I agree that malicious and unreasonable negativity should be dealt with and/or not allowed. However.........having seen the phrase "word of mouth" used here......isn't that what this is?? An honest, and upset, presenting of facts of the experience of this OP. There has been no nastiness. I live in a small community where businesses earn their reputation and word of mouth has a huge impact. Why should it be any different with our online community? Reputations are earned and it's very obvious that the OP is not the only one with an issue by a landslide! I've waited a LONG time for an order.........but because of getting e-mails, I'm currently working with the owner of a tiny company that she just, just started and is having huge issues and not posting anything negative. It truly is all about communication and attitude! I know the OP........she is one of the sweetest persons I know! She's beyond frustrated and being constantly ignored without even a tiny glimmer of an e-mail she has to cut her losses at some point.
I'm not responding directly to anyone either..........I for one am very glad SCS is leaving this thread open and honestly I'm very pleased at the conversations. I don't think everyone has to agree......but I'm happy to see no nasty posts back and forth........truly an adult discussion over a specific problem!! I do hope the owner can get her priorities back on track.......and life certainly can overwhelm all of us at times......but simple communication when you've taken money from customers comes before spending time crafting and maintaining a blog.
I just want to say I feel for the OP as well. I hope she can get her money back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Tracy -- I totally understand your being nice and reasonable. It is what we've all come to expect from you!!!! I hope I didn't come across too cold. I have no idea what the real circumstances are here. Just stating my thoughts on businesses in general.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #58  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
Tracy -- I totally understand your being nice and reasonable. It is what we've all come to expect from you!!!! I hope I didn't come across too cold. I have no idea what the real circumstances are here. Just stating my thoughts on businesses in general.
I don't know either!! No, I had wanted to share those thoughts earlier and also let you know I agree with you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #59  
Gallery Gazer

Any update? I hope you got your stuff by now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #60  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursechrissyView Post
I ordered and PAID for $70US worth of items on March 8th from Treehouse. Thats close to $100CAN. I emailed on March 27th and again on April 1st asking if she could let me know if my items shipped. No answer as of yet. I know she's online because she's posted on her blog. Several of the items I ordered were for a Secret Bunny Swap I'm doing and had to put in the mail several days ago. I ended up substituting some stamps and paper I'd recently gotten in a timely manner from another online site but weren't "exactly" what was on my secret bunny's wish list.:(
Am I wrong to think that this is poor customer service on the part of Treehouse? I realize she's a busy person, but doesn't someone that takes your money "owe" you good communication and customer service?
I did not read this whole thread but I did catch the part about not having a phone number. When you get your credit card statement, there should be a phone number for you to call. If you paid by paypal, you should be able to get a phone number from them as well.

As a small business owner, I know it can be difficult when you have a family tragedy to always be on top of your game, (if that is the case here,) however, good communication always seems to be the best policy.

I don't think it's so much the "waiting" as it is the "Not Knowing what's going on" that is frustrating for the customer.

Papercrafters are the most compassionate people I know and if a company lets someone know in a timely manner that they will be delayed, Papercrafters usually understand waiting a day or two longer.

I hope you get your issue resolved and get your merchandise soon.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #61  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Miss Gina K--May I bother you a minute if you see this? As an owner maybe you can help: if a customer has the wrong state on the order and it has been shipped, will it come back to the company? I have a print out with the right state listed on one receipt but not on the shipping order. (from another company;sorry it was not you!) I have tried 3 times to contact them by email and I am sure my stamps are going to Carrollton AL 75010 (does not exist) and not Carrollton TX 75010 (does exist) .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

Isn't the zip code the most important thing? I would think the package would go to the right place, since the zip is correct.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #63  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbeeView Post
Miss Gina K--May I bother you a minute if you see this? As an owner maybe you can help: if a customer has the wrong state on the order and it has been shipped, will it come back to the company? I have a print out with the right state listed on one receipt but not on the shipping order. (from another company;sorry it was not you!) I have tried 3 times to contact them by email and I am sure my stamps are going to Carrollton AL 75010 (does not exist) and not Carrollton TX 75010 (does exist) .
We have had that happen to us in the past more than once. A customer will hit send before changing the state. (AL is the default on most websites. LOL)

We have had one go right through and two of the packages came back.

It really depends on the way the item was shipped. If it was hand addressed, (most likely because the USPS, UPS and Fedex websites would spit that back as an incorrect match,) then it would almost be up to the humans who are working at the post office. Sometimes, someone will see it and just change it by hand, or they go by the zip code like Betsy said. Other times, if someone is unsure, they will send it back. (they don't know whether or not the zip code or the city is correct when they just look at it.)

Either way, if it comes to you, GREAT! If not, the company will become aware when it gets returned and most likely call you. So why wasn't it from me? LOL! Just kidding... Hee-hee...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 03:52 AM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The OP has tried to contact the company several times - which would be the owner. She has never received a reply. It has been a month and still no shipping notice or anything!
Personally I think her title is justified. Besides - no one should talking about this or attacking the OP for the title. She is upset as she still has not had a reply about her order or shipping or anything. I can see a week or something like that but a month is UNacceptable.
If we can post great wonderful things about companies here on SCS we should also be able to post the bad customer service we get from companies also. I personally go by the experiences of other SCSers before I order from a new company. I had 2 bad and frustrating transactions and I wish I had been warned about them BEFORE I ordered.

If a business does NOT want bad word of mouth - then that business owner needs to make sure they are providing good customer service.
Customer service is a huge part of repeat and new business for any operation.

A customer does not need to know details of the owners life. If there is a tragedy or something then the owner could put a message on their website when checking out that shipping will be delayed or an email should be sent. The owner could have someone help them to get those orders out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 03:57 AM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

First, to the OP, I'm very sorry and I hope you get a response and some kind of resolution as soon as possible. Poor customer service is a huge pet peeve of mine, and there is no shortage of it out there! Lack of communication is the worst. A little communication, an update, goes a long way with most people. Most people are understanding about wait times if you just keep them updated.

That said, I hate to see companies flamed on the SCS forums. I'm speaking generally now, and not specifically about this thread.

Posting something negative on SCS is like taking out ad space, because it gets SOOO many views.

Say an otherwise great company has a couple of off days, or misses a shipment or something. Somebody starts a thread about it and a few of the affected people chime in. This company's reputation can be horribly damaged, even though 99% of their orders are accurate and timely, kwim? It's not a fair representation. People are always more quick to tell about a negative experience vs. a positive.

I hope people realize how damaging a negative post can be and I hope that readers know they aren't getting to hear both sides.
The business should then provide good customer service. An email take 2 minutes to answer which the OP has never received a reply to any of her emails.
If we can post the great things about companies then we should be able to post the bad customer service we receive. I for one go by reviews of other SCSers for an on-line company. I've gotten burned once resulting in no product, no reply from the company and no money back.
The second ended up in a long drawn out ordeal before I finally received my money back. Now I ask and read these reviews before deciding if I order again. I don't go by just 1 persons experience but if a few have the same bad customer service then I will not become a customer.
I do work in customer service and I understand all aspects of it. I deal with issues in my job and the one priority is always to get in contact with the customer either by phone or email to let them know what is going on and to work on a solution.
The OP has tried to contact the company and after a month after placing her order still nothing.

Last edited by meluvstampin; 04-11-2009 at 04:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 05:15 AM   #66  
Queen Chat Box Chick

I did get an email the other day from the owner of the company. It went to my junk inbox, where my original "order placed" email went to my regular inbox. She says she has emailed me several times and they have "come back to her". I suggested that she may want to look into using another email account for her business emails (she uses hotmail :shock.
I've never had a problem getting emails before and like I told her in my response to her email, I've ordered ALOT of things online from companies and have had numerous packages sent from scs friends and never had a problem. I used to buy and sell alot on eBay several years ago (hundreds of transactions) and never had any go missing either. I still have no package.....she states it was sent around March 12th. There is no mail delivery here until Tues because of the Easter holidays, so if it actually does arrive, it won't be until after that. I know things can get held up at customs, but I've never had it take this long...........and again my issue was the lack of contact with me.
I've seen comments about the GST being the proper forum for making a complaint with a company public knowledge. SCS is WHERE I found out about Treehouse stamps. I have found many great companies through links on this site.(too many if you ask my wallet :rolleyes.
So to summarize.........I've finally gotten one email since my order was placed and paid for. Package was mailed "around" March 12th and it still has not arrived. I have filed a dispute with Paypal(my first ever in YEARS of dealing with them and only because of the LACK of contact). I'll update again when I have a final resolution.
Thanks everyone for their support and comments.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 06:25 AM   #67  
Glitter Queen

Yes, they are awful at customer service, shipping and answering emails, but High Hopes beats them when it comes to treating customers as if they don't matter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 06:55 AM   #68  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursechrissyView Post
I did get an email the other day from the owner of the company. It went to my junk inbox, where my original "order placed" email went to my regular inbox. She says she has emailed me several times and they have "come back to her". I suggested that she may want to look into using another email account for her business emails (she uses hotmail :shock.
I've never had a problem getting emails before and like I told her in my response to her email, I've ordered ALOT of things online from companies and have had numerous packages sent from scs friends and never had a problem. I used to buy and sell alot on eBay several years ago (hundreds of transactions) and never had any go missing either. I still have no package.....she states it was sent around March 12th. There is no mail delivery here until Tues because of the Easter holidays, so if it actually does arrive, it won't be until after that. I know things can get held up at customs, but I've never had it take this long...........and again my issue was the lack of contact with me.
I've seen comments about the GST being the proper forum for making a complaint with a company public knowledge. SCS is WHERE I found out about Treehouse stamps. I have found many great companies through links on this site.(too many if you ask my wallet :rolleyes.
So to summarize.........I've finally gotten one email since my order was placed and paid for. Package was mailed "around" March 12th and it still has not arrived. I have filed a dispute with Paypal(my first ever in YEARS of dealing with them and only because of the LACK of contact). I'll update again when I have a final resolution.
Thanks everyone for their support and comments.
I'm so glad you got a response. I hope you see your goodies soon.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 07:37 AM   #69  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

WEll, Miss Gina K, you were so kind in answering I will just go buy something from you. How's that? I love your stuff and just have never dipped my toe in. I am a novice at this on line stuff--can you tell? didn't even get my own state right....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #70  
Gallery Gazer

I hope they finally show up and that she gets a new email address! And thanks for letting us know about the customer service of this company.

Also, I think your siggy line may have to be used in one of my cards soon (if you don't mind)! Too funny!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 08:50 AM   #71  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbeeView Post
WEll, Miss Gina K, you were so kind in answering I will just go buy something from you. How's that? I love your stuff and just have never dipped my toe in. I am a novice at this on line stuff--can you tell? didn't even get my own state right....
LOL, well when you are ready to dip your toe in, we'll be here. (You know I was just kidding, right? LOL)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #72  
Glitter Guru

OP, I am so sorry that you have had to go through all of this. I, personally, would find such poor customer service unacceptable.

I have purchased from various companies online, many of which I have found through SCS, and have never had poor service. But, I have never ordered from this particular company.

I have had to contact companies I have purchased from and have always received prompt responses. I have gotten responses to emails from an IPhone (which impressed me greatly), spoke with a company owner while he was in the airport waiting to catch a flight, and received email responses within hours. Those are the companies I will deal with, the ones who value my business.

Hope everything works out for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 05:15 AM   #73  
Embossing Fanatic

Here we are in the middle of July - did the OP ever get her package? I am wondering if anyone has anything positive to say bout Customer Service from this company? I read thru this whole post and didn't see anyone give any positive feedback...that is quite telling

Loobylou
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 05:43 AM   #74  
ALWAYS has a P L A N

Location: In the '82 Los Angeles underground, looking to hire...The A-Team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinahale38View Post
I had this same problem. I purchased pre-order items and a few weeks ago decided to cancel the order. I emailed and Ashley said that she would refund my money, but it never happened. I have emailed at least 3 more times requesting my refund, no answer. I even went as far as leaving a message in her comments on her blog about the fact that I sent her an email...still nothing. Then, Friday the order is in my mailbox. I was furious, still am, that she promised a refund and didn't follow through. So, it will go back and I will not shop with her again.
Sure hope your issue gets redolved soon.
I had the problem happen with another company...Little Monkeys. It was so infuriating.

Never give up, just practice, stay positive and have fun!

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, if you can find them, maybe you can hire...
The A-Team.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #75  
Matboard Maniac

Location: Margaritaville - I wish, Southern Indiana for real, but a Parrothead at heart.

I happened to see this thread in passing and just have to comment. I live less than 10 miles from this company and sent an email asking if I could place an order and just pick it up as I drove by there on the way to my sister's house, as it seemed stupid to wait for shipping when I to by there 2 or 3 times a month. That was over 1 year ago and I'm still waiting for the common courtesy of a reply. Needless to say, I don't even bother to go to their site anymore and have completely eliminated them from my shopping list. There are too many other companies out there who are more than willing to accept my money and make me feel good about it in the process.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #76  
Cardstock Collector

Default Horrid experience... would not shop there now if you paid me.

I wish I had seen this thread before ordering something from Ashley at Treehouse stamps.

She has stopped communicating with me all together, after lying about sending an order that I originally placed LAST DECEMBER (2009) that I never received.

My order total was not huge, but I think that I deserve the courtesy of a refund if none of my product ever arrives.

I am in Canada, and I order a whackload of stuff from the States, all the time. The only time the post office has ever "lost something" is when Ashley claims she sent something.

I stopped trying to contact her in May 2010, but after reading this thread and knowing I was not the only one to be treated in this manner, I am reporting her to the Better Business Bureau.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #77  
Stampin' Fool

I've never ordered from Ashley/Treehouse Stamps - but I admired her work before she started her own business. I often commented on her blog, asked questions, sent PM's and never ever once did she ever respond, answer a thing, or say thanks. So when she opened her own store, I chose not to order due to the lack of response from before. I am glad I knew her then and it sounds like I made a wise choice. Now I always look to see how responsive someone is to general things before jumping in with an order. It pays to be nice to the little people!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2010, 05:43 PM   #78  
Mad Swapper

So does anyone know if OP finally got her stamps or a refund?
It HAS been over a year.... what do they use as shipping, the Pony Express?

Last edited by laura6; 07-27-2010 at 05:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #79  
Mad Swapper

if you google 'treehouse stamps', you'll see at least two other threads/ blog posts about atrocious customer service from the company.
Seems a common complaint is too long of a wait, too high of shipping (on incomplete orders), no communication from the seller...
i understand if once this happened, maybe twice? but over and over? and the most recent i read was a few weeks old, so i think the customer service issues still exist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #80  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ordered only once from them, something that was in stock, it did take alot longer to ship than I felt it should, it was over 3 weeks before I got my stamp set. I also signed up for the "newsletter" which sent me at least one e-mail almost every day and I found it funny they had time to send daily e-mails but couldn't get orders out timely (I unsubscribed).

If someone is having problems getting orders out (pregnant, school, whatever) maybe they should consider temporarily closing the shop until they can provide good customer service.

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes