Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question to digi stamp sellers

I have been in crafts since my kids were little, they are both now in their 20's. I love digi stamps and the concept. I have many images that I have drawn thru the years and have always wanted to make into stamps to sell, but stamp manufacturers are hard to find and often too costly for a startup. Digis seem the way to go. My questions, how do you get started? Do you need to have a blog to bring business and get known? Are sites like ebay and etsy good for this concept. Do the designers you have listed design the stamps or just make cards from your images? Are there any websites that would give you info and support to get started? TIA for any answers and additional info you may wish to share.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 01:40 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I haven't designed any digi stamps, but I love them and have checked out quite a few. I'm not sure about all the answers, but I've noticed a lot of designers start out with their images on Etsy.

Let us know if you get "into" it! I'd love to check out your images.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 10:24 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

I haven't designed any digital stamps either, since I can't even draw a stick man , but like Sophia said, I see a lot of them on Etsy.com. I've never seen any on Ebay, but to me Etsy makes more sense. From what I hear, the fees are lower and your listing stays for much longer. It seems like the most well known digi companies do have blogs, and a design team so their images can be seen more. I don't think that's something you have to do to get sales, but I'm sure it would help a lot, since it gets your name and designs out there. Many digital companies give out a freebie image first, which also helps get their name out there. If you decide to do that, just ask that everyone put a link to where ever you are selling them if they post a card with your image online.

I can't wait to see your designs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Mississippi McGyver

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I know that Lindsaymay (The frugal stamper) uses this site for her images.

http://www.shophandmade.com/Sell
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 06:18 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Stela........ stop by here ........ http://www.digishoptalk.com/boards/index.php

this is the "home" of digital scrapbookers and papercrafters......... many of the artists here have been selling their products for years.

They know the standards of the trade...... images should be in PNG format, 300 dpi, etc

Make sure you have a large cuppa coffee with you...... look thru the forums ....... digi stamps are often referred to as BRUSHES. This site will help you get a feel for whats out there, both for free and for sale, and let you know the standards a buyer expects when they buy digital graphics for papercrafting.

Have fun exploring :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

Thanks for the comments. Would still love to hear from people creating and selling digis. TIA for your time and advise.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #7  
Inking Addict

Still hoping to hear from some members who create/sell digi images. Looks like a fun thing to get into. Any help and/or insight will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Stela,

Etsy is a good place to start.

I started slow and steady, and just since the beginning of the year different pockets of the papercrafting community are finding me LOL. I think papercrafters are actually on the lookout now for digital goods. So it is a bit easier get yourself "out there".

I use my blog and E-junkie to host and distribute my products, E-Junkie runs on a flat subscription fee/month and the files are sent automaitically rather than you manually emailing them ( like Etsy ). It might work out cheaper than Etsy ( however, you could get traffic through searches via Etsy and it might be easier for you to set up than the way I went ). You will also need a business or "Premier" PayPal account or something similar like GoogleCheckout. Quite a few business type of things to consider before taking the leap!

Designers usually make cards and projects for you to promote your products.

Yes, DigiShopTalk is a very good place to get information.

Good luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Right now I am selling our digis thru etsy. I looked into several options before I started and etsy seemed to be right for me. Maybe one day, when DH draws more images so I have more to sell I will open up my own webstore, but for now I am happy with etsy.
I do have a blog but I guess it is more a combination of a personal hobby blog and business blog, I do have a design team too and have a slideshow on my blog with cards made by the design time on there. But I use a variety of stamp/digistamp manufacturers on there, not only my own.

Also, I don't think this has been mentioned before, you will need to get a business license (or tax ID) if you are in the US, I was able to apply for mine (in Illinois) online. Plus I have to do a sales tax return every month. (But it is pretty quick to do after the first one)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Default selling digistamps

There are many things involved with selling your digistamps on line,

firstly you need the software, or hardware (scanner+computer) to create your stamps. Then you need to set-up a sellers paypal account so you can collect payments, You could choose to set up your own website, or piggy back on someone else's shop or even sell from a blog. You might need to inform the tax man too.
Reply With Quote Likes