Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Commenting and Favorting - How you all make me feel good

I really enjoy making cards. I don't make them to save money. I don't make them for others enjoyment (although if they get some, that's a bonus.) I make them because *I* like to make them.

I started posting my cards a few months ago and I want you to know that having people comment on my cards and /or favorite them makes me feel *so* good. My cards are fairly simple and I will be the first to admit I'm my own worst critic so when someone else who knows what it takes to put together such a card thinks I've done a good job, so good in fact that they take the time to tell me so or want to copy some of what I've done, that really makes my day. It is to me the best compliment I can receive on my work. I think its extra special because aside from SCS, we are strangers.

Sniffle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 361 Likes on 187 Posts

Laura,
I know just how you feel. Isn't this a great place? Keep stamping and posting those cards.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2008, 10:20 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Checked out your Gallery

I looked at your gallery after reading your heartfelt post. Your have some really cute cards! I think it's hard when you first get started and see how many posta others get, especially when you are happy with your own card. Your have some very key creative qualities that make your cards pleasing and shows them to be classic I mean, that I'm sure that they do give others a lot of pleasure to receive a personally made card from you! Of course, the most important thing is that you enjoy your own work. I like my own work and that is the most important thing to me, also. I am sick all the time so my card makingis a great distraction. You would be surprised how many of my original cards that I've kept because, they make *me* happy! Keep up the good work. Enjoy what you do and have fun. If you would like more comments, I have found that contrast in color or that extra unusual elementthat is unexpected is what makes people comment. Also, people tend to comment more on cards that are made for a challenge. Those get the most comments and views! You have had a lot of views on your cards, so I'm sure that you will be getting more and more comments. Try a challenge sometime. It gives you some great ideas from others and always gives me a good starting point. Keep up the good work and most of all enjoy what you do! Have fun! I do! More and more with each card I make! Hope you have agreat week(what's left of it). And... keep stamping! It's a great hobby!!! ~Chrysi~
CC789   FS695
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 09:46 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree: getting feedback from fellow stampers is great, because they know just how much work goes into creating a card. Plus, they can appreciate from an "insider" point of view.

Cindy

Visit my gallery! ... or my blog (Yes, I caved!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2008, 10:13 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I think feedback is a great tool. Tell the creator why you like it - that helps.

I like to leave feedback and I like receiving it.
Laura your gallery is wonderful and you are very creative.

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

i agree - it really makes my day to log on my computer and find a new comment on one of my cards! i then "pay it forward" by leaving some comments of my own on other's cards - a fun cycle of encouragement in the hobby that makes us all happy!
katie b.
Reply With Quote Likes