Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-22-2007, 09:43 AM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lori, I also welcome you to SCS! And I too found your website through that other thread and have already placed a small order (only a small order because I didnt have more money to buy more, but I will!!!!). I love the look of your stamps, they are awesome! I'm looking forward to receiving my stamps in the mail. So ... welcome to SCS and I hope that you find your time here enjoyable. It can be a heated place sometimes, but for the most part, it is the "most wonderful place in the world". I will be back to buy more from you soon!

Oh, and I too am in Canada and I agree, the shipping to Canada is very reasonable. Its nice when you see this, because then you can spend more on the product ... and buy more often too. For example, I LOVE Amuse stamps, but I cant pay $15.00 shipping to Canada very often. Your rates rock!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 09:44 AM   #42  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx stamperView Post
Thanks Erika!
I hadn't seen that post yet.

What about if someone was looking for a sneaker stamp and started a thread, and I responded that I saw one at "X" website, even though that website was the one I am a design team member for? That is allowed, no? thanks!
Directly from the Terms of Service:

Advertising/Solicitation
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 09:45 AM   #43  
Glitter Guru

Default help me understand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne SView Post
Directly from the Terms of Service:

Advertising/Solicitation
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Jeanne, what are you saying, that I cannot say to someone, I saw a stamp like what you are looking for "link here"? Please help me understand. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 09:58 AM   #44  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineMamaView Post
Ya know......I'm not sure on that one. I stay away from any of those types of posts if I know that the companies I'm designing for carry those stamps because I don't want to actively promote sales for one of those companies. I feel bad about it in some way because if I know that I would want help finding something if I really wanted something specific. But at the same time, I think it still qualifies as trafficking business to a company I'm affiliated with.

I've just steered clear as the distinction seems pretty cut and dry. Perhaps a mod could clarify that for us better.

I think it's one thing if someone asked "I found a shoe stamp at such and such a store. Are they a reputable company?" We could answer that with a clear conscious if we design for them.

But the other..........I dunno. It still seems like trafficking business in one direction.....specifically the company we design for.
As an example- I had a release back in April or May where I was having trouble getting the product uploaded on to my website but my banner ad was already running in the forums. Someone not affiliated with my company asked, "I keep trying to get on Gina K's site but the XYZ product isn't up yet. Anyone know when it's supposed to be on the website?"

Then, I was able to get the products loaded on so one of my design team members posted to that same thread by saying, "It's up." That was it. A moderator pulled her post. So, I think sometimes it may be hit or miss depending on what the particular moderator feels is okay.

The best thing to do is to read the TOS. That explains a lot.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:00 AM   #45  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Jeanne, what are you saying, that I cannot say to someone, I saw a stamp like what you are looking for "link here"? Please help me understand. Thanks!
The Terms of Service are just guidelines. I think if that was in response to a question it would be fine. If it was an out of the blue post like "Check out this stamp! at such and such link" coming from a DT member or company it could be thought of as a violation.

We Mods understand that DT Members (and company owners) get excited about the products that they are working with (I know I do, as a DT Member). We just ask that you give an little extra second of thought to a post if it seems questionable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:00 AM   #46  
Glitter Guru

Default thanks

Thanks Gina! WOw, I never would've thought that "That's it" would've fallen into that category.
Thanks Jeanne!
I already requested a moderator check into it and pull it if I've violated because I just don't want to do that. Now, if edit was around a little longer than 30 seconds, I could've deleted it myself!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #47  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
As an example- I had a release back in April or May where I was having trouble getting the product uploaded on to my website but my banner ad was already running in the forums. Someone not affiliated with my company asked, "I keep trying to get on Gina K's site but the XYZ product isn't up yet. Anyone know when it's supposed to be on the website?"

Then, I was able to get the products loaded on so one of my design team members posted to that same thread by saying, "It's up." That was it. A moderator pulled her post. So, I think sometimes it may be hit or miss depending on what the particular moderator feels is okay.

The best thing to do is to read the TOS. That explains a lot.
Back to the TOS is just a guideline........hehe. Sometimes it depends on what leads up to a particular statement that determines what stays and what goes.

Or maybe a full moon or lack of chocolate in the house.

I don't have an answer to every question as a Mod. Sometimes a post will take a discussion by several Mods before we come to a conclusion as to if it stays or goes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:06 AM   #48  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Thanks Gina! WOw, I never would've thought that "That's it" would've fallen into that category.
I already requested a moderator check into it and pull it if I've violated because I just don't want to do that. Now, if edit was around a little longer than 30 seconds, I could've deleted it myself!

No, it wasn't "That's it," is was "It's up." LOL, I think it was pulled because the design team member was telling people that the products that they were looking for were now available on the website. Now, she certainly wasn't trying to violate the TOS, she was justing answering a question but the nature of her answer sent people to our website.

At first I was upset but now that I spend the amount of money that I do here, I understand why those types of posts are unfair to the companies who support SCS.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #49  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Back to the TOS is just a guideline........hehe. Sometimes it depends on what leads up to a particular statement that determines what stays and what goes.

Or maybe a full moon or lack of chocolate in the house.

I don't have an answer to every question as a Mod. Sometimes a post will take a discussion by several Mods before we come to a conclusion as to if it stays or goes.
I don't envy your job Jeanne. You guys really have to walk the line and I'm sure you take a lot of carp. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:09 AM   #50  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

lack of chocolate in the house.
That determines a lot around here! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:13 AM   #51  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

I don't envy your job Jeanne. You guys really have to walk the line and I'm sure you take a lot of carp. ;)
Hehe..... Gina said carp ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:15 AM   #52  
Glitter Guru

Default whoops

Quote:

No, it wasn't "That's it," is was "It's up." LOL,......
Whoops! I knew that.
I understand now and perhaps someone SHOULD take my answer to the cross country stamp thread down then.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:41 AM   #53  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Whoops! I knew that.
I understand now and perhaps someone SHOULD take my answer to the cross country stamp thread down then.
I don't know if they will or not, but I can safely say in the past my DT members posts like that were pulled. I rarely see any DT members ever post a link to the company they design for. Unless someone posts a question like, "Hey Jeanne, what's the link to Gina K. Designs?" Then, Jeanne would probably be able to post the link without any commentary regarding what to look for or specials, etc...just the link.

If I'm wrong, moddies, please correct me. :rolleyes: LOL! (I've been wrong... a lot. LOL!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #54  
Gabfest Goddess

Off to eat some turkey!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving all!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:45 AM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine PView Post
Yes, you can respond to threads/questions and mention products from companies for which you design. What you can't do is start a thread and say something like... "Hey! CDS has this awesome new sneaker stamp. It is to die for!" (if it is my DD's v-ball sneaker, then it really is to die for! ;))

Thanks for the clarification, Christine (and for posting the TOS, Jeanne).

There's such a fine line sometimes and it's hard to know where the are at times.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:49 AM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Hehe..... Gina said carp ;)
Carp rocks.

My kids have taken to saying "Holy carp" around here because it's a little more suitable for "school talk." I have a big habit of using "slang" but it's not always appropriate for my kids to use it in school. So, holy carp it is.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:53 AM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

By the way, Lori, welcome to SCS!!!

I had never heard of your company until I saw the other thread and to look at that negative post in a positive light, I'm now considering ordering from you.....as I'm sure a lot of people are, as well.

I hope that the rest of your time on SCS will be a positive one. Like another poster said, most people that stick up for companies on here do it with good intentions and a lot of loyalty, though it may not seem like that. Things can get out of hand here every once in a while, but for the most part, it's a wonderful place to be.

My motto is "Eat the fish and spit out the bones." I know it's hard to do that sometimes when it becomes personal about your business, but this really is a great place to be 99% of the time.

It sucks that your first post here had to clarify your position, but let's just hope that little rock is the only one on an otherwise smooth road from here on out.

EDITED: Thank GOD for that edit button!!! I realized after I posted that it said that "I was not considering ordering" when it meant to say "I'm NOW considering ordering." Yikes!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:58 AM   #58  
Mad Swapper

Welcome Lori! This is an awesome site where I discover new products that I never would have found on my own! So glad to hear that you ship to Canada and I'm sure I'll be placing an order in the future!!
Have a great day!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #59  
Mad Swapper

Talking

Quote:

By the way, Lori, welcome to SCS!!!

I had never heard of your company until I saw the other thread and to look at that negative post in a positive light, I'm now considering ordering from you.....as I'm sure a lot of people are, as well.

I hope that the rest of your time on SCS will be a positive one. Like another poster said, most people that stick up for companies on here do it with good intentions and a lot of loyalty, though it may not seem like that. Things can get out of hand here every once in a while, but for the most part, it's a wonderful place to be.

My motto is "Eat the fish and spit out the bones." I know it's hard to do that sometimes when it becomes personal about your business, but this really is a great place to be 99% of the time.

It sucks that your first post here had to clarify your position, but let's just hope that little rock is the only one on an otherwise smooth road from here on out.

EDITED: Thank GOD for that edit button!!! I realized after I posted that it said that "I was not considering ordering" when it meant to say "I'm NOW considering ordering." Yikes!
Me too!!! Thanks for responding too. I find that so respectful when the owners/creators etc. take the time to respond. I don't know why some seem to put swings on things, but the great majority on this site are so inspirational and incredibly encouraging!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #60  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Carp rocks.

My kids have taken to saying "Holy carp" around here because it's a little more suitable for "school talk." I have a big habit of using "slang" but it's not always appropriate for my kids to use it in school. So, holy carp it is.

Along a similar vein- we use the term "dumb donkey" a lot around my house!

Lori- welcome to Split Coast. I think this all was a tempest in a tea pot. Since time immemorial people have been saying that company x is stealing company y's designs.It's just plain silly in my book.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 11:36 AM   #61  
Matboard Maniac

Lori, another welcome to you. Thanks for giving us a chance, and for sharing your reasoned response to the earlier thread.
Heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 12:11 PM   #62  
Cardstock Collector

I am a rep for another stamping company & while I see a lot of similarities I don't have any problem with Clear Dollar's designs. I have seen that 'my' company sometimes comes out with stamps similar to other companies too. Sometimes I think it is just flukes as to what is hot right now (like paisleys & then flourishes). Other times companys may be getting hints from insiders.

But what does it really matter?! I know I don't say gosh they have almost the same stamp set as us so I'm not buying from them anymore. lol

Having said that I have bought a few stamps from Clear Dollar & I really do not like the quality, so no longer buy from there. But for the price & if you are starting out I think they are a great deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 12:56 PM   #63  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm so sorry your first post and visit here had to be in defense of your product. I did see the post and then I promptly enjoyed looking at your site :~) I started to make a purchase, then decided I should wait until after Christmas. You have some wonderful sets and I really enjoyed your site! You shouldn't have to change your designs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 01:01 PM   #64  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJsharonView Post
I am a rep for another stamping company & while I see a lot of similarities I don't have any problem with Clear Dollar's designs. I have seen that 'my' company sometimes comes out with stamps similar to other companies too. Sometimes I think it is just flukes as to what is hot right now (like paisleys & then flourishes). Other times companys may be getting hints from insiders.

But what does it really matter?! I know I don't say gosh they have almost the same stamp set as us so I'm not buying from them anymore. lol

Having said that I have bought a few stamps from Clear Dollar & I really do not like the quality, so no longer buy from there. But for the price & if you are starting out I think they are a great deal!
See, and this is why it nice to have so many to choose from! Everyone is entitled to their choice and opinions...I just want to give a different viewpoint than the above boldfaced quote.

I have CDS and I find them to be very high quality and stamp really well - as well or better than others of their type. I don't think the lower price automatically means lesser quality. I don't consider these throwaway stamps like lesser quality ones from Mike's or Jo's for instance. For me, those do not stamp well at all. CDS prices are great regardless if you are a new stamper or at this for years. JMHO.

Lori - Welcome. I'm glad you ventured here and hope to see you around. SCS is such a wonderful and usually helpful site - every once in awhile something or someone gets stirred up - unfortunately, you were caught in it this time. I suspect much good will come out of this for you. Best wishes with your business.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Last edited by amber31; 11-22-2007 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: fixing quote
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 01:56 PM   #65  
Cardstock Collector

I will just say that someone sent me a PM & informed me that since about a year ago ClearDollar stamps changed to a higher polymer for their stamps. When I bought from ClearDollar it was over a year ago & haven't purchased since so they quality may be way different now!

So definitely don't take my word for it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #66  
Inking Addict

As far as designers posting, I just like to chat, you probably won't see me talking about anything we do in particular unless it is in direct response to a valid question, even then, I'll leave that up to those more tactful than I. tee hee hee. I mostly like to talk about the projects you can make with stamps, anyone's stamps. I teach papercraft classes as a women's ministry at my church and I've found some very talented ladies here with some awesome creations that inspire me for new project ideas to do at church. Plus, I'm still learning and the techniques and tutorials are much appreciated as well. I've lurked for a while and now I am glad I've jumped in. SCS is on my shortcut bar in Firefox.
----Vicki
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 02:05 PM   #67  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatHouseView Post
As far as designers posting, I just like to chat, you probably won't see me talking about anything we do in particular unless it is in direct response to a valid question, even then, I'll leave that up to those more tactful than I. tee hee hee. I mostly like to talk about the projects you can make with stamps, anyone's stamps. I teach papercraft classes as a women's ministry at my church and I've found some very talented ladies here with some awesome creations that inspire me for new project ideas to do at church. Plus, I'm still learning and the techniques and tutorials are much appreciated as well. I've lurked for a while and now I am glad I've jumped in. SCS is on my shortcut bar in Firefox.
----Vicki
Isn't it everybody's? hehe......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Beautiful BC with my soulmate and he is a stamper too!!

Welcome to SCS Lori!
Diaries Of A Stamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #69  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Isn't it everybody's? hehe......
Leave it to me to state the obvious! That's a cat for you!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! This cat has had so much turkey, I've OD'd on 'triptipan (not a $10 word I hope...I'm too tired to clean it up) and desperately need a cat nap so I can dig in again! Later...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #70  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to BadSherry

Lori welcome to SCS! It won't take long for you to be as addicited to this site as all the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 02:49 PM   #71  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine PView Post
I'm going to ask the experts. I *THINK* posting gallery creations is ok. I *THINK* promoting in forums is not. Customers can promote as in "hey, check out the awesome sale at X" Design team members (I *THINK*) cannot promote as in "check out the upcoming special at X website/retail location.

I've asked for clarification, and I'll send this to Lori (stamp_momma) as well.

Basically, if one benefits from the sales of a product, he/she cannot promote it here. Whether this includes DT members or not is not clear to me. I'll ask a site administrator to post here for clarification. (I'm just the Bulk Buy and Divine Secret Siblings moderator! LOL)

In any case, I'm all over those volleyball stamps!! I've got a DD who plays HS v-ball, and SU! doesn't have any stamps specific to this sport. I feel an order coming on before the turkey goes in the fryer! ;)
Volleyball stamps??? Going to check that out!

And you are correct in that Design Team members cannot promote the company or products in any way, (if they are not a Member Company on SCS) but a customer who is using and loves products from a particular company can do so, as they are not directly getting any benefit from saying so.

I know not what this day holds....but I know Who holds the day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 02:56 PM   #72  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Duh! Guess I should read the whole thread before I open my mouth! Obviously the question has already been answered!

I know not what this day holds....but I know Who holds the day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 03:07 PM   #73  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks everybody for welcoming me! I appreciate your encouraging words...I think this will be fun! That is after I figure everything out....it took me all day to figure out how to say that on this thread! So sad!

I read the do's and don'ts and I think I can put my website in my signature...if I can't will someone let me know! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #74  
Hardware Hotshot

Woohoo! Your signature looks great! Also, when your design team (or anyone else too ) is uploading cards in the gallery they should be sure to put "Clear Dollar Stamps" in the keywords so we can easily find them. Maybe they already do, I'm off to see if I can find some
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #75  
Kookie Creator

Hi Lori! Welcome... most of us don't bite! I'm looking forward to receiving the order I placed yesterday... I just love getting new stamps all inky!

Hope to see you around more often... careful though, it's addicting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 04:25 PM   #76  
Pearl-ExPert

So glad you joined Lori..and thank-you for being a great Canadian friendly site..your shipping is something we can handle for sure....look forward to doing business with you..loves ya

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 05:21 PM   #77  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topaz_n29View Post
So glad you joined Lori..and thank-you for being a great Canadian friendly site..your shipping is something we can handle for sure....look forward to doing business with you..loves ya
I'm indoctrinating her into the Canadian way (I'm on her design team and part of the moral support league of friends--MSLOF). My husband is a Canadian, his folks live up around Port Elgin on Lake Huron. They were just here for a couple of weeks. They're British by birth so it's a mish mash of English-Canadian accents for us! I have to translate for my parents half the time! Washcloths are "flannels" and napkins are "serviettes" and of course the pronunciation of process, about, and a few others. Some of it is strictly a British issue and others are Canadian. Sigh. The worst part? HE'S AN ACCOUNTANT! Arrrgghhhh! Lori and I are twins separated at birth! A creative should NEVER marry an accountant. It's a death wish. Well, it feels like that sometimes! LOL!! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 05:24 PM   #78  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 632 Likes on 443 Posts

Lori,
Thanks for the post. I think your stamps look great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #79  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Lori and welcome to SCS! I know your company is your baby and you have hurt feelings about the other post. But honestly I think the poster was just trying to look out for someone that a lot of us on here support. But we are mostly a nice group of people that love to stamp and love to chat in a million different ways about stamps. Please don't be upset. Just let it roll off your back and keep coming here to have fun! ;) I'm off now to check out your website!

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 05:48 PM   #80  
Forum Fanatic

Received 164 Likes on 141 Posts

Welcome Lori! I was introduced to your stamps a few weeks ago by one of your design team members after I saw something she had made using one of your sets and I was totally impressed! After seeing the thread yesterday, it jogged my memory that I had wanted to place an order with you so I went to your site and ordered the set I had seen and another one! So even though yesterday's thread started out on a negative note I'm hoping that it brought you a lot of orders just by the fact of getting your name out there! I wish you much success in your business!
Reply With Quote Likes