Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-12-2007, 12:26 AM   #161  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face APO/FPO Shipping Issues - A final posting

The facts of APO/FPO have been sufficiently beat to death. And I won't belabor this topic beyond this last posting.

Even within the USPS, APO/FPO parcels are handled VERY differently within the mail stream. Because our warehouse does some of the pre-processing normally done by the Post Office we have a greater APO/FPO burden than other companies. These parcels require special handling, special security, special paperwork, customs forms, etc. If we ship even ONE international parcel in a day we must manifest, which we can avoid entirely otherwise. Manifesting is hours of work. We do not recieve a reduced rate for doing this extra work.

We have no ill feelings about international customers, or the military. My hat is off to anybody that serves another person. I personally fly a flag "Support our troops - Bring them home now" in my front yard. But as a strictly business matter, to offer this level of discount it is utterly impractical to handle international parcels...and that includes APO/FPO.

If we could just slap a label on an international/APO/FPO parcel and mail at a cost equal to our shipping charges we would. But we can't. When the sale is over we will raise our prices back up and then we'll be able to afford to ship to APO/FPO.

We should keep perspective on all that we do and in life. For example, how many Americans are aware that 16 MILLION people in China this last weekend were flooded out of their homes. It was a disaster 10-times as severe as Katrina...and it didn't even make the US news. (I have friends in China and saw it on CCTV news.)

Please don't read anything more into our temporary non-international shipping policy except that we are limiting our losses. We just can't afford to do the paperwork. There are human limits on how many hours we can or will work into the evenings to make this sale possible for you. The workload is hard, you cannot believe how many times more orders we are receiving than normal. (Volume is up by tenfold or more.) Please don't make us into anti-Americans over this...that isn't fair.

Thanks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 02:24 AM   #162  
Polyshrink Goddess

The below post says a final posting but I still have to ask. How long does it take for a normal order to be shipped? I ordered last Saturday, still no notice saying it's being shipped. Thanks,
Darcy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 02:31 AM   #163  
Mad Swapper

I want to know it too..Ive ordered today how much time will it take to reach pple in USA....Williamsville..??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 02:35 AM   #164  
Die Cut Diva

This info is from Post #86 in this thread...

Q: How fast is the shipping?
A: Normally, orders will ship out within a week, or sometimes up to two weeks. We can be so cheap because we buy surplus time from the warehouse and we must wait for that time to be available. Premium (faster) shipping is available for just $2.99 more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 06:08 AM   #165  
Cardstock Collector

Please, be reasonable ladies. This company has gone out of it's way to explain to you that they cannot put their financial basis in jeopardy to lose money on every sale outside of the uncomplicated mailing to those with regular addresses. It is unreasonable to ask them to take a loss just so that you can get a great deal. Those products are available to you elsewhere. It is not like this is medication or something crucial to your well being. I think this company is being exceptionally generous as it is. I respect that they come here to explain and they certainly don't deserved the veiled and not so veiled comments that because you are military they should take a loss on your hobby "wants" and wants is simply what they are. It is not fair to be demanding that they take a loss so you can have more toys. That does not make them unpatriotic, but continuing to imply this does make you rude. Please, let it go and let this thread continue in the way it was intended. Can you not be happy for your stamping friends who get a deal even if you do not? Kind of like when you find a sale and I don't have Hobby Lobby or Michael's near me?? I don't carry on about that. Show a little graciousness.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 06:29 AM   #166  
Forum Fanatic

I tortured myself and took a peek at Frugalities today -- 47% discount and they had some punches I wanted in stock that were not in stock when I placed my order earlier this week. But, I am not made of money no matter how much I try to convince myself otherwise ;), and I think I will be just as happy with the fabulous Signatures from Fontwerks I ordered as I would have been with some more punches.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 06:47 AM   #167  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I got my order today! (ordered 7/7 and paid for expedited processing). It was totally worth the $2.99. I love how they wrapped the stuff (all stamps were together on a cardboard piece and shrink-wrapped, all liquid stuff was together and shrink-wrapped). No danger of my ink refresher leaking on my paper. Off to play!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 06:50 AM   #168  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenDragonLadyView Post
I got my order today! (ordered 7/7 and paid for expedited processing). It was totally worth the $2.99. I love how they wrapped the stuff (all stamps were together on a cardboard piece and shrink-wrapped, all liquid stuff was together and shrink-wrapped). No danger of my ink refresher leaking on my paper. Off to play!
Yipppeee! New toys! The packaging sounds fabulous! How spoiled I will be to receive my stuff so safely packaged! Have fun with your new stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 07:55 AM   #169  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

You're lucky. I ordered mine on the same day as you (7 July) and paid for rushed processing too. They must have overlooked my order because they haven't even shipped it out yet. So much for paying for rushed delivery. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 08:50 AM   #170  
Polyshrink Goddess

I understand that the company doesn't want to go bankrupt by sending everyone's items same day mail. But if they know their shipping is slower than their the company they are affiliated with (which many of us order from and are used to their promptness) it would've been nice to see a notice after I placed my order. Something along the lines of, "You are number 350. This order won't be pulled until 5 days from now, at the earliest. Look for your shipping confirmation email after that day, blah, blah" You get my point.

No, it's not medication or a life threatening product. But I know with anything I spend money on I like to know the company I ordered from is going to follow through and send me the products they already charged me for.
Darcy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #171  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Thanks very much for sharing with us how your order was packaged. I was hoping that Frugalities packaged the items just like ATRS (which I really like) and it sounds like they do.

I placed my order also on 7/7 but did not request to expedite it. Knowing how well my items will be packaged for shipment, I will just sit back and relax and enjoy my 'new stuff' when it arrives.

Dear Frugalities,

Since it appears that you are visiting our thread, I will take this opportunity to send you an open letter.

Thank you for taking so much time to explain to all of us here at SCS the 'behind the scenes' of your shipping process.

I will continue to shop at your site since you provide great prices and service.

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #172  
Forum Fanatic

I ordered on Tuesday and paid for expedited as well -- I'm guessing a lot of folks here opted for faster shipping, and I know Frugalities must be going as fast as they can. SO, I'm just wondering how everyone knows whether their order shipped or not. Did you get a shipping email, or is there some way to check on the website? I looked but did not see any way to check on my order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #173  
Matboard Maniac

hello,
was just on the site as well and found some clear stamps that I have been looking for. WOW......shipping to me here in MN was only 9.95. can't beat that.
Caroline
Minnetonka, MN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #174  

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahloumelView Post
I ordered on Tuesday and paid for expedited as well -- I'm guessing a lot of folks here opted for faster shipping, and I know Frugalities must be going as fast as they can. SO, I'm just wondering how everyone knows whether their order shipped or not. Did you get a shipping email, or is there some way to check on the website? I looked but did not see any way to check on my order.
I don't see a way to check on an order either, but I did receive an e-mail stating that my order had shipped, and they provided a tracking number through USPS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 10:43 AM   #175  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by daquiri35View Post
I understand that the company doesn't want to go bankrupt by sending everyone's items same day mail. But if they know their shipping is slower than their the company they are affiliated with (which many of us order from and are used to their promptness) it would've been nice to see a notice after I placed my order. Something along the lines of, "You are number 350. This order won't be pulled until 5 days from now, at the earliest. Look for your shipping confirmation email after that day, blah, blah" You get my point.

No, it's not medication or a life threatening product. But I know with anything I spend money on I like to know the company I ordered from is going to follow through and send me the products they already charged me for.
Darcy
When I chose my shipping option (reg. shipping) it did say on the website that it would take 5-10 days for handling before it would be shipped. I figure another 3 days for shipping...13 days total worse case??? I am fine with that considering the deals I received!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #176  
Glitter Queen

Lightbulb Frugalities.com Shipping Speed & Notification

Unfortunately there is presently no way to check on order status, as there is with ATRS. Our web site is a generation behind ATRS. Sorry.

We are presently shipping over 90% of all Rush orders by day #3 (our service commitment) and almost 100% by the 4th day. Many (25%) ship on Day #2. Orders pile up on weekends, and we almost NEVER get any discounted surplus warehouse time on Mondays, so it is rare that Frugalities.com orders will ship on a Monday.

Standard (non-rush) orders are shipping on about Day #8 right now, or about one week later than Rush Processing orders. All are within our 10-day (2 week) service standard. (Only working days are counted, not weekends.)

Order Confirmation and Shipping Confirmation emails do get sent out. Almost always they are found in the recipient's SPAM folder. So look there and you will probably find it. Add these two addresses toyour contacts list and then emails will get through:
[email protected]
[email protected]

When you place your order you will get an order # on the final web page. This order number is absolute confirmation that your order was received...it's provided from the warehouse itself, not just the web software. You can depend upon it. The last four digits are the sequence number for your aco****, so that -0003 would be your third order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 11:54 AM   #177  
Matboard Maniac

How often does the inventory change? I know the discount changes everyday but do some of the items carried as well?

Just curious
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #178  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by 072702View Post
When I chose my shipping option (reg. shipping) it did say on the website that it would take 5-10 days for handling before it would be shipped. I figure another 3 days for shipping...13 days total worse case??? I am fine with that considering the deals I received!
10 WORKING or BUSINESS days is two weeks. Shipping is usually 3~5 BUSINESS days. So the NORMAL worst case is three weeks. But the Post Office can sometimes be erratic and it could be another week.

Support questions not of general interest to all should be directed to our support department on the web site at [email protected]. Only questions you think are of GENERAL interest should post here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 02:59 PM   #179  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frugalities.comView Post
10 WORKING or BUSINESS days is two weeks. Shipping is usually 3~5 BUSINESS days. So the NORMAL worst case is three weeks. But the Post Office can sometimes be erratic and it could be another week.

Support questions not of general interest to all should be directed to our support department on the web site at [email protected]. Only questions you think are of GENERAL interest should post here.
Okay...all I was saying is that I would be more than willing to wait considering the deals that I received. Sorry for the confusion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #180  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
I lived at an APO address in Rota Spain For 3 years per the Air Force. I mail ordered all the time and had Family mail package all the time. I never saw any "paper work" for these package beacause I had an APO address. I have no idea what they are talking about.
Maybe things have changed since you have been in Spain? I don't know..just speculating......?????????

Check out my blog:
http://addictedtostamping.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #181  
Mad Swapper

Why is everyone in such an uproar? Why does almost everything have to turn so negative on this site. They clearly stated their terms on their website. What good does bashing them here do?!!!??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 05:33 PM   #182  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaisleyPrincessView Post
Why is everyone in such an uproar? Why does almost everything have to turn so negative on this site. They clearly stated their terms on their website. What good does bashing them here do?!!!??
ITA - and they have also taken the time to register with this site and post further explanations defending the stated policies. Next thing you know the price war will have ended and there will be a flurry of people complaining that they didn't place an order because they were waiting for the discount to go up and that the war ended without notice (although the company has stated several times that is exactly what will happen)

I ordered last weekend, I read all the terms, I didn't pay for rush shipping because there is nothing in my order I can't live without and I am quite content to wait. If you don't want to wait, pay for rush shipping or don't order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #183  
Forum Fanatic

I've been opening the order confirmation email a few times a day to ogle my order from Frugalities. I wish it contained more stamp sets, but I really wanted that ribbon iron and Basic Grey 12x12 pack! I'm probably the only person dorky enough to drool over my email.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #184  

Quote:

I'm probably the only person dorky enough to drool over my email.
Nope...another dork here! I also put my USPS confirmation number in and kept refreshing all day before it got here too...just to make sure it wasn't re-routed by mistake!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #185  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Nope...another dork here! I also put my USPS confirmation number in and kept refreshing all day before it got here too...just to make sure it wasn't re-routed by mistake!
Hahaha! That's AWESOME! I love it! You can never be too careful when it comes to a shipment of stamping supplies -- you're a very wise person!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #186  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I've been opening the order confirmation email a few times a day to ogle my order from Frugalities. I wish it contained more stamp sets, but I really wanted that ribbon iron and Basic Grey 12x12 pack! I'm probably the only person dorky enough to drool over my email.

I SOOO totally am doing the same thing! I love that there are pictures of what you ordered in the email... so fun! I keep looking at my email and then doing searches in various websites that have galleries to try to find examples of the fontwerks and technique tuesday stamps I ordered... So I am a dork too :mrgreen:
Isaiah 40:31
check this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #187  
Forum Fanatic

Dorks of the world, unite!!

My fave item in my order has got to be this mini dog stamp set. I'm not even a dog person, don't like dogs, but dog stamps are ok! Especially when they're this cute!
http://www.addictedtorubberstamps.co...U=6-758-452050
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 07:23 PM   #188  
Mad Swapper

Another one....!!
Though I have to wait a lot.....almost a month...my dad will be getting the stuf...SO i'am eagerly waiitng for 10th August...when my whole stuff will ***....this site supplies...& many more....
Iam just counting days like anything...
And thinking what all I'll make once my stuff arrives...!!
GONE MAD I GUESS....!!
Everone at my place are like...plzzzz control urself...
I guesss i'am gone mad for cards...!!

Luv
Shivani

Quote:

Hahaha! That's AWESOME! I love it! You can never be too careful when it comes to a shipment of stamping supplies -- you're a very wise person!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #189  
Mad Swapper

BUMP
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #190  
Pearl-ExPert

Default very satisfied so far

I saw that someone from frugalities came here and said they do send out shipping notices. This concerned me since I ordered on the 7th and paid the extra $2.99. Someone here has already received their order and I haven't even received a shipping notice. So I e-mailed them and within minutes they replied back. They were very nice and explained why my order is going to ship out tomorrow. The explanation they gave made perfect sense and they offered to credit me back the $2.99 which I refused. So far I would say they have excellent customer service and I am sure I will do business with them in the future.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 01:16 AM   #191  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm very surprised and pleased that the company decided to post over here and let us all know what's going on (makes you wonder how they knew who was buying all the stuff lately, lol).

Now that they've explained their shipping policy, I'm cool with that. And since someone mentioned they package the items like ATRS, that's great! I do plan to order from them again, can't beat the prices. I still can't believe I got a clear stamp set I've been eyeing for awhile for $5, whoo hoo.
Darcy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 02:30 AM   #192  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Discount today is 49%![IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif[/IMG]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 04:12 AM   #193  
Die Cut Diva

AMAZING - I will never have to get a store bought Prima again!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 06:06 AM   #194  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by chemteacherView Post
Maybe things have changed since you have been in Spain? I don't know..just speculating......?????????
Yes, you can't just print an APO label and put it at your mailbox for carrier pickup. APO shipments must physically be taken into the post office and handed to someone at the desk. It's one of those post 9/11 and anthrax scare things. I can understand in this case why Frugalities is not doing it. I sell online, and it's a huge difference timewise between a regular domestic shipment which takes 2 minutes to label and ship, and an APO shipment, which can take 45 minutes, by the time I drive over to the post office and stand in line.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 06:09 AM   #195  
Forum Fanatic

The order showed up on my credit card- I wonder if that means I should expect it to ship soon

I'm very pleased they've come over here to post. As I didn't read enough on the website to realize they wait to get "discount warehouse work" so shipping would be slower than normal. Because of their excellent communication I will know not to freak out when it's not here quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 08:04 AM   #196  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow, I was super excited and had $40 worth of stuff in my cart, but it was going to be $59.95 to ship it to an APO. I was buying small, single stamps, some stickles and a few ink pads...nothing overly heavy or pricey to mail. I'd be better of paying full price for the items somewhere else and paying "normal" shipping. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 08:17 AM   #197  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by nox1View Post
Wow, I was super excited and had $40 worth of stuff in my cart, but it was going to be $59.95 to ship it to an APO. I was buying small, single stamps, some stickles and a few ink pads...nothing overly heavy or pricey to mail. I'd be better of paying full price for the items somewhere else and paying "normal" shipping. :(
Ahhh, I just read back through the posts and read the "explanation". When I read about the great prices I just went from there and didn't read all 5 pages of posts, lol. I will just leave it there and not comment on my thoughts about APO shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #198  
Forum Fanatic

I got my email shipping notification! Woohoo!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #199  
Matboard Maniac

Hello. My name is Kristy. I am a 31 year-old divorced woman from a tiny town called Norris City in southern Illinois.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 11:38 AM   #200  
Polyshrink Goddess

My order has shipped! I ordered on Saturday, 7/7.
Reply With Quote Likes