Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
Right now Walmart has the orange Crop-A-Dile in their clearance section for $15.00.
THey also had the Big Bite Crop-A-Dile their for $15.00!!!
The Big Bite is still marked at $35 at mine.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Last week I stumbled onto a Big Lots and found 4 boxes of Martha Stewart white, heart-shaped tins (with an eyelet pattern) 24 to a box for $2 each! Wow! They're beautiful. Now, I just need to find a bride who wants these for favors! Basically, they cost me about 8 cents each. Not bad. I'm going to have to stumble over to BL every week.

e.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #43  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by odie1View Post
Hey Stardust1, what kind of coupon did you use on these stamps? I didn't know they would let you use one on clearance items. I bought the same stamps but I wish I could have saved even more.
I used a regular 40% off coupon. I think technically, the coupon isn't supposed to be for clearance items, but a lot of clearance items don't ring up as a "sale" on the registers. I know the girls at my Michaels (because I am there once or twice a week) and they are aware of this and told me that as long as the register takes the coupon, so will they. You might want to give it a try at your store!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Last weekend I hit a garage sale. The lady was a past demo for SU! and I picked up 5 stamp sets for $20. It included Southwestern I have been wanting that one forever!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

I had posted this back in March, but thought I would share it again here.

I saw some SU ink pads for sale on my local craigslist, she was asking $50.00 for 50 pads. I called her and we talked, she gave me the list of the colors and said that her mom had bought them around 2005. I figured even if they were dry I had the reinkers, so I could still use them. 8 of the colors were retired but she had a few reinkers.
I went to her house on Sat. The ink pads were still in the boxes and all but 8 of them were still shrink wrapped.
While I was there she brought out a box of other stuff and asked if there was anything else I might want. OH YEAH!! All of it was SU products, I got 5 packages of cardstock, 4 were unopened, the Pastel Chalks, the Color Coach, the rubber scissors, and the Lovely as a Tree stamp Set never inked. I got all of this including the inkpads and reinkers for (are ya'll sitting down?) $80.00

and this past Sunday, someone on Craigslist was selling SU stuff, for $50.00 dollars I bought 3 stamp sets, the metallic pencils, pkg of glue dots, pkg of 12x12 textured cardstock, pkg of 8-1/2 x 11 cardstock, set of blender pens, pkg of the rhinestone brads, and the neutrals markers.

I love Craigslist LOL

You know what really surprises me, is that most all of this stuff that I have been finding has never been used. Why do they buy it and then never use it?

avatar: Miss Foxy Roxy, my 1 year old pomchi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #46  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 187 Likes on 89 Posts

[QUOTE=SCRAPPYNANA;14530962]I had posted this back in March, but thought I would share it again here.

I saw some SU ink pads for sale on my local craigslist, she was asking $50.00 for 50 pads. I called her and we talked, she gave me the list of the colors and said that her mom had bought them around 2005. I figured even if they were dry I had the reinkers, so I could still use them. 8 of the colors were retired but she had a few reinkers.
I went to her house on Sat. The ink pads were still in the boxes and all but 8 of them were still shrink wrapped.
While I was there she brought out a box of other stuff and asked if there was anything else I might want. OH YEAH!! All of it was SU products, I got 5 packages of cardstock, 4 were unopened, the Pastel Chalks, the Color Coach, the rubber scissors, and the Lovely as a Tree stamp Set never inked. I got all of this including the inkpads and reinkers for (are ya'll sitting down?) $80.00

and this past Sunday, someone on Craigslist was selling SU stuff, for $50.00 dollars I bought 3 stamp sets, the metallic pencils, pkg of glue dots, pkg of 12x12 textured cardstock, pkg of 8-1/2 x 11 cardstock, set of blender pens, pkg of the rhinestone brads, and the neutrals markers.

I love Craigslist LOL

You know what really surprises me, is that most all of this stuff that I have been finding has never been used. Why do they buy it and then never use it?QUOTE]

It's a sickness. I have a friend who has a neighbor whose psychiatrist made her sell all of her L baskets because she was basically addicted to buying them. I think that is the case with many of us and Stampin Up supplies (myself included).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by SCRAPPYNANAView Post
I had posted this back in March, but thought I would share it again here.

I love Craigslist LOL

You know what really surprises me, is that most all of this stuff that I have been finding has never been used. Why do they buy it and then never use it?
It's a sickness. I have a friend who has a neighbor whose psychiatrist made her sell all of her L baskets because she was basically addicted to buying them. I think that is the case with many of us and Stampin Up supplies (myself included).
They also may buy it but not have a clue what to do with it once they get it. Or have lost their creative mojo. Got sick etc. Bought it for a specific project and then ran out of time. Or bought it because they were invited to a party and didn't want to let the hostess down etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #48  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by teenastampsView Post
This thread is too funny, because I have a thread going about the Staples Envelopes on the General forum.

I also have a thread going about the Quickutz Magpie Storage units for $3 at Big Lots!!!

Please read:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Hope y'all find some...they really are a steal...
Correction...my thread is in the announcement section, not general...lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #49  
Compulsive Stamper

I was at Office Depot Thursday and got 2 boxes of graduation thank you note sets. Each box contained 100 envelopes, 100 small black tassels (like the kind on the end of bookmarks) and 100 brads to place the tassels. Also 100 thank you note cards which I am able to easily cut off the end with graduation caps on it or I can just flip over and have a solid white card stock back. And 100 sheets of stationary again which I just need to cut off the graduation caps at the end . I can use everything in these 2 sets. Cost 88 CENTS each.

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #50  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 124 Likes on 110 Posts

Wow. It sounds like I need to go to Staples soon.

My fantastic deal was something I came across about 8 or 9 years ago. The blades for the Creative Memories Cutting System are made in my area. One of the other mothers in my MOMS Club worked part time for the blade company when CM first came out with the cutting system. As a freebie, she was given two complete cutting systems (at the time, that consisted of the red and blue blades, the cutting mat, and your choice of the oval patterns or the circle patterns for $35.00 or so). She wasn't a crafter, but she knew I scrapbooked, so she offered me a set and told me to just pay her whatever I thought was fair. She thought I was being extremely generous when I gave her $20.00 for it.

When I got the package home, I realized that it included both the ovals *and* the circles.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 06:04 AM   #51  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

MY LSS went out of business and over the past few weeks I've been stopping in to pick-up some bargins:

Large Dahle papercutter oringinal cost $299 on sale $100
work table 8' long; 2 sides 24" wide, $30 - I took it apart and used one side for a counter top and the other I put on different legs and it's now my work table and it's the same grey laminate as my desk furniture!

A wall rack that holds paint dabbers $10

yards and yards of ribbon at 60% off and.....

Drum roll please... on the last day 200 pieces of Bazzil (8 1/2 x 11 and 12 x12) for 75% off!! I bought 240 sheets and a couple of rub-ons all for $36 These are great colors too, not just the odd ball colors no one wanted.

I'm so sorry to see them go but had to take advantage of the bargains!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

Default The

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgoshornView Post
I was at Office Depot Thursday and got 2 boxes of graduation thank you note sets. Each box contained 100 envelopes, 100 small black tassels (like the kind on the end of bookmarks) and 100 brads to place the tassels. Also 100 thank you note cards which I am able to easily cut off the end with graduation caps on it or I can just flip over and have a solid white card stock back. And 100 sheets of stationary again which I just need to cut off the graduation caps at the end . I can use everything in these 2 sets. Cost 88 CENTS each.
Janet - that is AWESOME! I've gotten wedding invites, etc. from Staples for .50 (retail 29.99) and it just amazes me that some people actually pay full price for these items.......at .50, even if I just use the envelopes or play with the cardstock, what a deal.

I was in Michaels last week and saw this adorable young couple buy wedding invites (print your own - Garner - $30.00) and some other stuff.........bill came to $80.00 and they had no coupons! I was busy checking out and I couldn't get their attention to pass on my 50% coupon so I followed them to the parking lot (say WHAT?!) and I said "did you just pay full price for everything?" (yeah, I'm nuts) and they said "yes" and I said "I know you'll think I'm crazy but I have this 50% coupon that you could use on your invitations.....just return them and re-buy them with the coupon........."I hate to see anyone pay full price!"...they thanked me (and then called the cops.......just kidding)....

This adorable young couple who were probably trying to cut corners and print their own wedding invitations paid full price when they didn't need to. I guess love is blind and they just didn't know any better. It just killed me to see them spend so much money when they didn't have to. But, they didn't know any better......gosh, look at the cost of weddings these days.

At the risk of looking like a stalker with limited intellectual ability, I chose not to give them my business card (I do favors and ........ stuff) but I gave them my coupon and unsolicited advice and hope they took advantage. These kids, so cute, so young..........LISTEN TO THE OLD LADY IN THE PHILLIES HAT! SHE KNOWS BETTER!

I wish these cutie pies all the best. Next time, listen to AUNT EILEEN! The stranger in the parking lot........oy vey...

e.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #53  
Watercolor Wizard

Too cute.
I think it's mainly the regulars who take advantage of the coupons. The wedding buyers are probably there because someone told them to try Michael's for invitations. They haven't learned about coupons yet.

That was so sweet of you to chase them down on the parking lot! It sounds like something I would do that would drive my daughter crazy.

Years ago. I happened to follow some crazy woman out of Toys R Us. She put one in the car, then started yelling at the other. I had to say something, which was not smart. I was worried about the kid in the back seat - in the summer - while she ranted. She came after me, and I had to grab my kids and run. Luckily, mall security was on it.
Yesterday, as I crossed the Deleware Memorial Bridge, there was a car stopped in the right lane, with the flashers on. I drove by, then as we discussed it, I realized it could have been someone broken down, or it could have been a jumper. Who knows. I butted in, and reported it at the toll booth. (They actually have a huge digital sign as you drive onto the bridge blaring "Are you in crisis? Call xxx-xxxx for help." Evidently, there are lots of suicides there.

So, us buttinskis in the world are important! It doesn't matter if we embarras our kids! One day, we save someone $15 of their wedding budget, one day, we save a life!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

The best deal I have run across lately is that I bought a coupon card for 10 from a school. It looks like a credit card. What is so great about it, is that one of the coupons on the back is for a 50% off any regular purchase at AC Moores and it can be used up to a year. Funny thing is I have actually bought less because I can go anytime and get 50% off. Michael's also accepts in and I have used it in other towns, too. Hope they renew it since I only got it in May and it runs out in Jan. I'm within blocks of AC Moore from work so I could go every day if I wanted to do so.

sam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to JoAnn's over the weekend with the extra 10 percent off coupon and got a hot knife. It was marked down to $4.96 plus the 10 percent, so it came to around $4.50.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #56  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by allensmView Post
The best deal I have run across lately is that I bought a coupon card for 10 from a school. It looks like a credit card. What is so great about it, is that one of the coupons on the back is for a 50% off any regular purchase at AC Moores and it can be used up to a year. Funny thing is I have actually bought less because I can go anytime and get 50% off. Michael's also accepts in and I have used it in other towns, too. Hope they renew it since I only got it in May and it runs out in Jan. I'm within blocks of AC Moore from work so I could go every day if I wanted to do so.
That sounds like a great deal! I assume it was a fundraiser for the school.l Is it just for AC Moore, or were other establishments included on the card? Our school sells a card good for half off meals at several local establishments (kind of like Entertainment).
It is amazing, though, that you can run out of things to buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

awesome thread, so jealous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #58  
Matboard Maniac

If there are any fans of Sizzix in the Abbotsford area, their sizzlit alphabets sets are on sale, regular $199, marked down to $15 each at Michael's. This was yesterday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #59  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappy knitterView Post
If there are any fans of Sizzix in the Abbotsford area, their sizzlit alphabets sets are on sale, regular $199, marked down to $15 each at Michael's. This was yesterday.
Wo, that's bigger than a clearance sale! That is amazing!
Reply With Quote Likes