Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-19-2008, 06:11 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Dedham, MA just outside Boston where I was born and raised
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blasting ucutathome.com!

Ok, this is the first time I am actually disappointed with a company I have discovered thru SCS and I feel like I need to share my experience and am wondering if any of you have had the same.

I was so enticed by the 40% off coupon provided by ucutathome.com but I don't think it's actually worth it in the long run. I have only ordered from this company twice, but I'm finding again with my second order that an item is on backorder and my shipment is significanly delayed. I am provided no knowledge of the backordered item at anytime during the order process. About a week or so goes by and I check my order status on line and it says "In Process" or something to that effect. And not until I write to them to ask what this means am I informed an item is backordered. They provide me with a re-stock date (in this most recent order) of 11/10/08 and said my item will ship after it arrives. As of today, I have not heard from them as to the status of my order and it is now 9 days AFTER my item was said to be restocked.

I've got to say that had I known I would be waiting amost a month (order placed 10/25) I think I would have waited to purchase this item.

Now I know that Nestabilities are in high demand, but I think a little communication goes a long way because I actually won't mind waiting for something I really want but I don't want my order to be disguised as though everything is in stock and will be to me shortly.

If you are reading this, thanks for letting me vent!

Am I the only one?
Signed,

Apparently More Impatient Than I Thought in Boston

p.s. My backordered item is a label trio from Spellbinders
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:17 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

it's that 40% coupon that sucks you in. if you can wait, then order from them. if not, it's been pretty well documented in these boards that the wait time should be expected. i waited over a month for my nesties to come in for each order.

Designing for my Stamp BOX | Caardvarks | Purple Cows
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:21 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I had this happen before and I just email to cancel my order and waited until later to order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:22 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I started ordering from Cut at Home probably 6 months or so ago and I admit in the beginning, it was a little frustrating. When you have to wait so long, I actually start to forget that I ordered. But then I was tipped off about checking her blog. She is pretty good about posting updates on when they expect to receive their shipments. Once I knew about checking the updates, it helped me reset my expectations. The discount is totally worth it for me. So now when I order I just expect it to take a month (and she isn't going to charge me until it is going out the door). And then it is a unexpected surprise if I get sooner.

I'm sorry your frustrated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:28 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

The first time I ordered from them it took 2 months to get my product. I was very frustrated. But now I don't mind waiting because of the 40% off. I know that I always get my product and she ships as soon as she receives the product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:28 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by she's_craftyView Post
Ok, this is the first time I am actually disappointed with a company I have discovered thru SCS and I feel like I need to share my experience and am wondering if any of you have had the same.

I was so enticed by the 40% off coupon provided by ucutathome.com but I don't think it's actually worth it in the long run. I have only ordered from this company twice, but I'm finding again with my second order that an item is on backorder and my shipment is significanly delayed. I am provided no knowledge of the backordered item at anytime during the order process. About a week or so goes by and I check my order status on line and it says "In Process" or something to that effect. And not until I write to them to ask what this means am I informed an item is backordered. They provide me with a re-stock date (in this most recent order) of 11/10/08 and said my item will ship after it arrives. As of today, I have not heard from them as to the status of my order and it is now 9 days AFTER my item was said to be restocked.

I've got to say that had I known I would be waiting amost a month (order placed 10/25) I think I would have waited to purchase this item.

Now I know that Nestabilities are in high demand, but I think a little communication goes a long way because I actually won't mind waiting for something I really want but I don't want my order to be disguised as though everything is in stock and will be to me shortly.

Am I the only one?
Signed,

Sorry to hear your bad experience with them. I have only ordered once from them and my order came within 3-5 days.I did order the nestabilities, but I ordered the circles. I did want to order Copics from them ,but you can not use the coupon...I was very dissappointed:(

Another site you might try if you haven't is www.creativeplaystamps.com
They list right with the items if they are out of stock. There communication is great to. You can always email to make sure what you want is in stock.They have sales and if you sign up for coupons you find out about the sales and get coupons first. I know they are planning on a coupon coming out the week of Thanksgiving.:-D

HTH....Gail :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:31 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

I placed an order Oct 27th and it has not yet shipped . I went to the site after reading your post. It is confusing but I finally figured out where to go and see that some of the nesties are back ordered. I have the Lables One set ordered.

I think they need to improve their communication on all orders; especially back orders!

I have ordered several times in the past and seem to be frustrated with their setup almost every time. I wonder if it is worth the few dollars saved... I am beginning to think not. There are other online stores that have much better customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I have had only good experiences with them. You need to check her blog, and she keeps that very current, so you always know when things are scheduled to arrive or have been shipped.

With the Nestabilities it has nothing (or not a lot) to do with who you bought them from. It has everything to do with the slow boat from China and how many people ordered before you. I pre-ordered some Nesties from another company on August 8th, and they are still not all here, but they ship as soon as they arrive.
My blog:
The Crooked Stamper
Dear spell-checker, "bling" is SO a word. Pffth.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:50 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Sorry you guys have been disappointed. I've only had good experiences with them. When there is a high demand on nesties, you just have to be patient. They communicated with me very well when I ran into this. And, they were faster getting them to me than even ordering "direct" from the Spellbinders website.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:52 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

I'm sorry you are disappointed. I have ordered from Marcie several times in the past and plan to do so again soon. The first few times I ordered I got lucky and got my order fairly quickly. But, then the nesties rage hit and now Marcie can't keep them in stock. Her offer is such a great deal, I don't mind waiting for them. She gets so many orders every month, I can't imagine her emailing everybody to tell them when their order might come. She can't control when she gets her orders from Spellbinders, or even what she will get in her order. She updates her blog with shipping information all the time. I think she does her best to keep her customers updated.

Having said that, I know that not everyone is willing to wait. If you are in a hurry, I would suggest not ordering from ucutathome. But, if you want a good deal and are willing to wait, Marcie is great to order from.

I do hope you get your order soon!!

ETA: The last time I ordered, I ordered the Labels One set just a few days after she got them in stock. I had my order 3 days later!! Thanks Marcie!

Last edited by speanburg4; 11-19-2008 at 06:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 07:04 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Personally, for the 40% off, I will wait as long as it takes. I have found that if you acutually click on the items and read the full description, it almost ALWAYS tells you wether or not the item is back ordered. I have never come across anything that was backordered that wasn't marked. Since I still want the dies, and I LOVE the discount, I am willing to wait. I have never had a problem with their customer service either, so I am sorry you are dissatisfied, but as for me, I love them!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 07:18 AM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

I have not ordered from UCut but I agree with booboostamper, creativeplaystamps.com rocks. The site tells you when you order weither the item is in stock, they are fast, great price on nesties, and she sends a freebie suprise. Love this company and would highly recommend them.

Maybe you could cancel your order at UCut and order elsewere?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 07:43 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightroneView Post
Personally, for the 40% off, I will wait as long as it takes. I have found that if you acutually click on the items and read the full description, it almost ALWAYS tells you wether or not the item is back ordered. I have never come across anything that was backordered that wasn't marked. Since I still want the dies, and I LOVE the discount, I am willing to wait. I have never had a problem with their customer service either, so I am sorry you are dissatisfied, but as for me, I love them!!

Ditto! It is definitely WORTH the wait, IMHO. I'm going to hold off buying the new nesties for a couple of months, only because I expect the wait to be long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 07:56 AM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

I am sorry for those bad experiences that so many of you ladies have had. What an unpleasant enperience!

I guess I have been EXTREMELY fortunate. I have ordered 5 or 6 times, all nesties orders, and only had to wait 1 time. Even THAT time was not an unreasonable amount of time.

I usually get my order within a week or so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 08:03 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

I have had nothing but great experiences with Marcie at ucutathome. She answers emails very quickly if there is any kind of problem, and I have only had one item delayed, but was informed quickly.

In the past 2 months though, I haven't even used my 40% coupon because I have found the items I wanted on other sites for the same price or less with FREE shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 08:18 AM   #16  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm sorry you have had some bad experiences but it appears that it is more an issue with expectations. Especially with the nestabilities, there is a very good chance that the product will be back ordered because of the 40% coupon. Sometimes when they finally do get a shipment, the entire inventory goes to pre-orders and/or filling ealier backorders. (I wish Spellbinders could find a manufacturer someplace close than China - which is usually what holds up the product shipment).

My suggestion would be to check the blog to see if they have anything posted (they usually do update that with the status of nesties) and/or call before placing the order to see whether there would be a delay so you know what to expect. Otherwise, it is best to anticipate that nesties may be backordered.

Marcie has always been very good to work with and you can't beat the prices with the 40% coupon (and sometimes even without the coupon). For me, it's worth the wait, but you do have to be prepared for that possibly being quite a long wait.

ETA: I ordered the new labels 1 in October as soon as they were in (did not pre-order) and I was very surprised that I received them in less than a week so it just depends on what is *hot*.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

I actually order part of the new nesties on Oct 24 from Ucutathome and part from another company. I received the ones for Ucut in a few days but the other ones I have still not received. I actually called the other website and they said they would be shipping before Halloween before I placed the order. Spellbinders is slow. The other site isn't very good either at communicating. I guess they just have so many orders. I was hoping to get them soon as I need them for holiday cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #18  
Kookie Creator

I have always felt I was kept in the loop about when things are coming in. But I read their blog where they post information on these things.

They really do do their best at keeping you updated and fill orders when they arrive. I preordered my stuff and I recieved them within a few days of them arriving. And when I have emailed them a question they have always returned my emails.

So for me it has always been a great experience and will continue to shop from them.

Read their blog and it will have all the up to date information for when things are arriving.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #19  
Inking Addict

Well...I love Marcie and cutathome! Sure, I have had to wait an awfully long time for a LOT of my Nesties, but that was Spellbinders fault, as I understand it. It was well worth it to me to wait given how much I was saving. I don't think I could have afforded all the Nesties I have without the 40% off coupon.

So I'm thankful cutathome.com is allowing us to use the coupon on these items.

However, I'm sorry for anyone that has had a bad experience. I guess I knew from the start what I was in for, so was okay with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 11:44 AM   #20  
Crimping Master

Talking

I could not be happier with their service, updates on the blog and the products they carry. A 40% off coupon is the cherry on top off the cupcake. Everyone knows Spellbinders production can not keep up with the demand of nestabilities. Marcie is an angelm she let me add to my waiting order when another company who I also had a pending order with wouldn't. I now no longer deal with the other online company. Only Marcie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the risk of repeating what others have said (haven't read all the other posts):

1) ordering (especially Nestabilities) from Cut @ Home is not for the impatient or rushed.

2) check her blog for updates. This is where she posts her most recent info on backorders, etc.

I've ordered from her every month (love the coupon, personally) since May - 7 orders so far. I've waited as long as 6-7 weeks, but then I understood going into it that it may take awhile. I usually order another item or two when I'm ordering with the coupon to show I appreciate the coupon.

I'm sorry you're dissatisfied. I guess only you can decide if the savings is worth the wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 12:25 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by binxView Post
At the risk of repeating what others have said (haven't read all the other posts):

1) ordering (especially Nestabilities) from Cut @ Home is not for the impatient or rushed.

2) check her blog for updates. This is where she posts her most recent info on backorders, etc.

I've ordered from her every month (love the coupon, personally) since May - 7 orders so far. I've waited as long as 6-7 weeks, but then I understood going into it that it may take awhile. I usually order another item or two when I'm ordering with the coupon to show I appreciate the coupon.

I'm sorry you're dissatisfied. I guess only you can decide if the savings is worth the wait.

I second that!!!

And I want to add the Marcie totally rocks and has given me the best customer service and I'll go back time and time again to spend my hard earned money at her store!!!

;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry about your problem. I placed my first order with them on Nov 15th and got an email on Nov 17th telling me my order shipped. So far, I'm very happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishaView Post
I could not be happier with their service, updates on the blog and the products they carry. A 40% off coupon is the cherry on top off the cupcake. Everyone knows Spellbinders production can not keep up with the demand of nestabilities. Marcie is an angelm she let me add to my waiting order when another company who I also had a pending order with wouldn't. I now no longer deal with the other online company. Only Marcie.
Ditto.
I have had nothing but great service. And yes, I have had to wait, just like many have expressed. But as been repeated we went in with our eyes opened and knew we had to exercise patience.
I am also pleased with the product expansion, YES!!!
Thanks Marcie for your hard work!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #25  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I'm sorry you feel you had a bad experience with ucutathome. I have ordered all of my nesties from them, and will continue to order from them in the future. Did I have to wait to get my shipments? You bet! Was it worth it? You bet! I think what Marcie offers (and continues to offer even though she gets slammed for it) is a great deal. I wouldn't want to be in her shoes, but I'm thankful she does what she does. I have never had anything but outstanding customer service from Marcie and her store. Three cheers for Marcie!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 01:47 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

I've waited, too, but I think Marcie rocks with that 40% coupon. I'm not usually in such a rush that I can't wait for a 40% off sale!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

I have been happy with ordering from ucutathome as well, even with waiting for a new product to finally arrive. I have Labels 1 and 2 pre-ordered with another company and she is still waiting for hers to arrive from Spellbinders.

�Any time we can�t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.� ~Tony Blair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

I've ordered several times and had a back order before. I ordered a couple of dies a few weeks ago and suspect they are backordered also. They need a better way of managing backorders and notifying customers of order status.
The waiting and wondering can be frustrating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 248 Likes on 132 Posts

Nestabilities are well known to be very popular and quick to sell out at most of the online stores that I peruse and use. I've had superior service from Marcie, and like others, I enjoy the savings of her VIP coupon. If you're in rush, use her email contact button. Marcie always responds quickly during the week, and will gladly tell you if she has your item in stock or when she expects to receive more. Likewise, if you are disappointed with the wait, use that same email contact to let her know. Talking directly with the source is always a good thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #30  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I was annoyed too when I ordered, b/c I assumed they were in stock. I just figured companies would indicate "out of stock" if not. There was absolutely no communication until I emailed them. I ordered November 1 and my email said they were getting some in around Nov. 13/14 and that they would be able to ship as many as they could with those they receive. You mean they don't even know how many they will receive? So, really, they have no idea when they can ship my oder?

I have ordered before and everything was fine. I understand they are in high demand, but I really expect more communication from a company.

I honestly don't mind waiting, but I do think the customer should be told that the item is out of stock. With the new label Nesties, I'm sure she knows they're not in stock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love cutathome! Sorry you were disappointed. I thought it always showed this underneath the product description

***This item is currently back ordered. Please allow 2-4 weeks for shipping***

when it was out of stock???

Anyway, I love Marcie's service and use her coupons to get a great deal. And I know it sounds crazy, but seriously, every vendor has this same problem with Spellbinders. Too bad their stuff is so great we'll put up with it! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #32  
Crimping Master

I think I was the exception and not the rule but I got mine in a little over a week. But new ones like the label one I would never order from them because everyone wants to use the coupon. New ones like the labels I purchase from polkadotplaza.com. they have really great service and they have always been able to get items I am looking for and shipping is reasonable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

Another happy customer here You can't beat her prices and I'm another who's happy to wait when I'm getting such a great deal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #34  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by nestof3View Post
You mean they don't even know how many they will receive? So, really, they have no idea when they can ship my oder?
Actually, Marcie has no control over this. She places orders with Spellbinders and they send her what they can. They cannot produce enough product right now to meet the demand. So all the companies that order from Spellbinders, with the exception of maybe Ellen Hutson, get only as much product as Spellbinders decides to send them. I'm not sure they ever send Marcie her full order, ever! I think Ellen may be the exception, since she worked with Spellbinders to develop the nesties to begin with. So, she might get all of what she orders, although I don't know for sure.

I like ordering from Marcie because I know that eventually I will get my order. There are lots of stores that only sell what they have in stock. Which means I have to get lucky enough to be shopping in their "store" when they get an item in stock and list it on their site. If they sell out before I get to order, then I have to wait for them to come in again. And then I have to get lucky, once again! I tried to order a set from PTI(which I love BTW) and kept missing them when they had them in stock. I gave up after 3 tries and just ordered from Marcie. I got them about 2 weeks later.

To the OP, it is absolutely your right to be upset and disappointed. Now you know that the discount is not worth it to you. I, on the other hand, am quite willing to wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 04:53 PM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here, but so worth the wait! 40% is 40% and if I need something faster, I pay a different price on a different site!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #36  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Actually, Marcie has no control over this. She places orders with Spellbinders and they send her what they can. They cannot produce enough product right now to meet the demand. So all the companies that order from Spellbinders, with the exception of maybe Ellen Hutson, get only as much product as Spellbinders decides to send them. I'm
I sort of wondered if this were the case. Again, I'm okay with that, but honestly, I didn't see any indication that the item was out of stock, and I hate to say this, but I always end up wondering if stores intentionally do this in order for the customer to not look elsewhere, since they are thinking that the item is in stock.

I'm not really upset or anything over the whole thing, and I will continue to buy my Nesties from her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #37  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,016 Likes on 870 Posts
Default cut at home

I think the discounts are fabulous, and I am very patient with my orders. I have waited- one set of nestabilities took almost 2 months, and I have been waiting for the new dies- I ordered 11/1, so for 2 1/2 weeks now. Your post just reminded to me to check the order status......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 11:33 PM   #38  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
I love cutathome! Sorry you were disappointed. I thought it always showed this underneath the product description

***This item is currently back ordered. Please allow 2-4 weeks for shipping***

when it was out of stock???

Anyway, I love Marcie's service and use her coupons to get a great deal. And I know it sounds crazy, but seriously, every vendor has this same problem with Spellbinders. Too bad their stuff is so great we'll put up with it! LOL
I agree, this has been my experience. The descriptions are pretty clear that there is a backorder. I love how her blog provides detailed updates about where the shipment is, what came in the shipment, what order dates she is fulfilling, etc.

Spellbinders seems to have a lot of shipping and quality problems lately. I love the nesties but I think a lot of vendors are struggling to keep people happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2008, 11:52 AM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by she's_craftyView Post

Am I the only one?
Signed,

I am having the EXACT same experience with them. I ordered three items, none of which showed any indication that they were backordered. Turns out one of them is, so now everything is delayed. The truly irritating thing is that they didn't actually put the item into backorder status until after I ordered. I'm sure that I will eventually get my merchandise, but in my opinion, they could have notified me and offered me the option to ship the backordered item separately or cancel it. I'll be shopping elsewhere from now on.
I design for Starving Artistamps | Technique Junkies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #40  
Mad Swapper

I guess I'm one of the lucky few that has had nothing but good experiences with them. I have ordered Nestabilites (the ovals sets) and they shipped before the money cleared the bank! I guess it's all in the timing.

I would be frustrated, too, for sure if I had no communication and no items.
Reply With Quote Likes