Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #121  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Laura,

If it runs like past one-session conventions:

Day 1: check in, possible activity in the evening (this year we did make-n-takes the evening of Day 1)
Day 2: general morning session, lunch, afternoon classes, evening awards/maybe entertainment
Day 3: general morning session, lunch, afternoon classes, free evening
Day 4: general morning session, lunch, afternoon classes, evening awards/entertainment

You could check out of your hotel the last day if you get a VERY late flight out of SLC (unlikely for SLC ;)) or if you skip the awards/entertainment the final night. I would stay through until the 3rd.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #122  
Insane Embellisher

Any updates on convention 2008? How many/what style swaps? This is my first!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2008, 08:03 PM   #123  
Pearl-ExPert

i'm so disappointed. i really wanted to attend, but already have a family vaca that cannot be changed...maybe 2009!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 02:23 AM   #124  
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to leggycountrygirl
Default info

10,000 women were in Florida for convention all at one time and it was fun!

about the rude women/stroller post- This is one of the reasons that SU went to the bracelets for gifts- all those with a certain color bracelet take it to the booth and redeem it for their prize. They dont throw balls anymore for that same reason.

About motels/hotels, SLC is full of motels besides the hotels at the convention center, there are so many close towns with great motels - REMEMBER the Olympics were held in this area, so rest assured that there is enough room for everyone. You can stay away as far as 45 min (driving time) and if you have relatves like I do, it's even better!

There are all the normal motels, and there are plenty of great shops

I highly recommend DRIVING to Garnder Village- just look for it in the white pages online- lots of little shops in an old mill setting- my fav place to go!
and don't miss out on all the scrapbooking stores (after all Scrap booking as we know it now WAS started in Utah) Downtown has museums, temple square and a mall and plenty of places to eat, there is a lot of tourism and its a very clean and friendly place to be. If you want a great place drive up to Park City where the Olympics were held, the view is breathtaking and the shopping is to die for!
And check out all those pricey homes! I have been in a few and they are incredible.
The heat is a DRY heat in Utah so be prepared and have fun, with my son getting married in June, I just dont think I can make 2 trips this year out west. ( Boo hoo)
Gwen Mangelson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 02:25 AM   #125  
Kookie Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to leggycountrygirl
Default info

about the rude women/stroller post- This is one of the reasons that SU went to the bracelets for gifts- all those with a certain color bracelet take it to the booth and redeem it for their prize. They dont throw balls anymore for that same reason.

About motels/hotels, SLC is full of motels besides the hotels at the convention center, there are so many close towns with great motels - REMEMBER the Olympics were held in this area, so rest assured that there is enough room for everyone. You can stay away as far as 45 min (driving time) and if you have relatves like I do, it's even better!

I highly recommend DRIVING to Gardner Village- just look for it in the white pages online- lots of little shops in an old mill setting- my fav place to go!
and don't miss out on all the scrapbooking stores (after all Scrap booking as we know it now WAS started in Utah) Downtown has museums, temple square and a mall and plenty of places to eat, there is a lot of tourism and its a very clean and friendly place to be. If you want a great place drive up to Park City where the Olympics were held, the view is breathtaking and the shopping is to die for!
And check out all those pricey homes! I have been in a few and they are incredible.
The heat is a DRY heat in Utah so be prepared and have fun, with my son getting married in June, I just dont think I can make 2 trips this year out west. ( Boo hoo)
Gwen Mangelson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 02:52 AM   #126  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by leggycountrygirlView Post

I highly recommend DRIVING to Garnder Village- just look for it in the white pages online- lots of little shops in an old mill setting- my fav place to go!
Gwen Mangelson
I really NEED to stay close (within 15-20 minute walk) of the center, as I am flying in and NOT renting a car.
Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 03:09 AM   #127  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by attherookeryView Post
Any updates on convention 2008? How many/what style swaps? This is my first!!
You can make as many swaps as you want! I try to make 100, but usually end up with about 60 (because I wait too late to start, lol). I'd say most people just do cardfronts, but I've seen ATC, 6x6, 3D and even 12x12's being swapped. Most people want to swap same for same (i.e., 6x6 for 6x6, ATC for ATC, etc.)
As for style, there are no rules there. Just be sure to use only current stamp sets and accessories (unless it's an accessory we don't sell) and do your best demo-quality work. Have fun! The swapping at convention is ka-razy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 04:51 AM   #128  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamiehurleyView Post
I really NEED to stay close (within 15-20 minute walk) of the center, as I am flying in and NOT renting a car.
Any suggestions?
SU will have rooms blocked at the hotels right around the convention center. They'll release those rooms for reservations within a couple days after convention registration begins.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2008, 07:46 AM   #129  
Glitter Queen

Do any of ya'll su demo's have old catty's to get rid of? I have from now through 1997-1998. I've been looking for those years prior to that.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2008, 08:23 AM   #130  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by speddirectorView Post
Planning to sign up as a demo. How much does convention cost?
For US demos, the fee is $280 this year.
Oops! Didn't realize I was answering an older post!

Last edited by ddietsch; 04-23-2008 at 08:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #131  
Compulsive Stamper

This is my tenth year with SU. I was not able to attend my 5 year convention so this will be my first time to go across stage. I have been to three other conventions one in SLC second session.

This convention has been a struggle with all of the sign up problems and blocked rooms not available like expected. I finally did get a room for myself and my roommate who is attending as a first year demo. We are looking for two roommates, not sure if this is where I should post for possible roommates or not.

Can't wait to meet some of you other with 10 years behind you or ones who are military. I have a son in Iraq for his second tour who will be returning in August as far as we know and will be stationed in El Paso upon his return.
Reply With Quote Likes