Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #121  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tah Dah!View Post
I was actually doing pretty well - but then realized that frugalities carried Bazzill.
Whoopsie. OK, now I'm done shopping. Let's just say I made the $5 shipping worth my while and I won't need cardstock for a very long time. But I think this is actually a good thing, because now I should have just about any color I need, and that will save my perfectionist self from going into a store for CS and coming out with $40 in stuff. So I saved money in the long run, right? :cool:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #122  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by chanteuseView Post
Whoopsie. OK, now I'm done shopping. Let's just say I made the $5 shipping worth my while and I won't need cardstock for a very long time. But I think this is actually a good thing, because now I should have just about any color I need, and that will save my perfectionist self from going into a store for CS and coming out with $40 in stuff. So I saved money in the long run, right? :cool:
Sorry, didn't mean to enable anyone else! But you really did save money!! :mrgreen:
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 05:49 AM   #123  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I caved yesterday and spent about $24 at Hobby Lobby and Michael's combined...sparkle stickers, some beads (for hat pins), blending stumps, a snowflake embossing folder. I suppose it could've been worse, because there was a whole lot more I wanted! BUT, I am dangerously low on Barely Banana CS, and I really, really, really want a couple Nestibilities, too! Sigh...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 03:54 AM   #124  
Kookie Creator

I'd like to join in please - I have been so bad this past month (August) that I really need to use up some of the stuff I've got before I allow myself anything else. In the past few weeks I've got:

5 new Penny Black stamps - 3 are uninked, 2 used once each
1 new Hampton Art stamp - uninked
1 MFT set - uninked
2 UM stamps in post to me atm
Green stickles and green brilliance ink pad - unopened
2 lots of DP from 2 different LSC - untouched
1 stack of DP ordered online - not even opened
7 sheets of Stampendous xmas peel offs

And all of that is off the back of two craft fairs that I actually made a loss at and came out of the money I should have been saving for my holiday :(

So aside from adhesive and cardstock (for card blanks) - and only then if I run out - I am not allowed to buy anything else craft-related until my pay day at the end of Sept - and that will be either the new Bellas I want or the new Cats Pajamas stamps I want (that I've seen previewed).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 04:52 AM   #125  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am not going to ask what a nestability is because I might want one.

I was good . . . yesterday. The goal is to be good again today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 05:18 AM   #126  
Mad Swapper

One day at a time! I find that the more days in a row I'm good, the easier it is... as long as I have the willpower to stay away from the temptation of going into a store or looking at a web site. Once I've strayed once, it's too easy to do it again. Sigh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 05:37 AM   #127  
Kookie Creator

Well, I fell off the wagon :( last Friday I went to my SU demo's monthly class and had to order a few sets. And to top it off, the class is held in a LSS so of course I had to have some of the new things the owner had got in her store. :rolleyes:

So I was good for a very little while..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 06:52 AM   #128  
Pearl-ExPert

I have been doing very well with this. I have only bought that one $1 stamp since this started. I am so proud of myself. I have been doing PIF to get rid of some extra stuff I have and have gotten some really cute new stuff to use. (I don't mind paying a couple of $$'s for shipping.) I will be making an SU purchase in September. I need some red CS for invitations that I am making for a party in Oct. I will also get what I need for my christmas cards with that order too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 06:56 AM   #129  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay for Amanda!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #130  
Mad Swapper

Amanda, that's great! I will aspire to be like you from now on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2007, 12:22 PM   #131  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 632 Likes on 443 Posts

Wow Amanda! I have not been so good. It goes really well then wham! I went to Michaels and got a great deal on sizzix alphpbars. I got 3 alpahbet sets and a set of numbers for $28! I of course added a bunch of other stuff too. I may return a few things, I spent $48. I did find a Christmas sentiment stamp that I really like. I also went to Joann's and spent $0!
I am putting in an su order near the end of the month so I have to save til then. I have made 1/2 of my Christmas cards and even managed to do some scrapbooking last week, so I am using what I have!
Keep up the good work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #132  
Matboard Maniac

I would like to join as well. I do have 2 "catches" 1 is that I have committed to a stamp club where I need to spend $30 every other month. The 2nd is that I need to make bridal shower invites this week and don't have a lot of wedding stuff. Other than that and adhesive, I pledge to improve my TROUBLESOME spending!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2007, 02:43 PM   #133  
Crimping Master

I am going to join as well! Even though it is going to be so so difficult as all the new stuff will be arriving to the shops.
Ok, this is what I am going to do... no no no online shopping!!! If I go to the crops at my LSS, i will have a budget of 20$ and if I get an order for SU, I can spend the extra I make from it . I have gone nuts at online shops lately. +scream+ My bank account is not happy at all +sigh+.

--------------------
Please, stop by my BLOG and say hello! *smile*.
I Love little bird/chick stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2007, 03:07 PM   #134  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for joining. Someone here suggested that you take cash to the store so that is all you can spend. I hate to spend a lot on shipping so I do not do much online shopping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2007, 03:15 PM   #135  
Crimping Master

I find it sooo much easier to resist things in the shop than online. eek!
Hmm... I think that a lot of online shops in the US have free shipping!! I think if I lived there, I would be shopping non stop!

--------------------
Please, stop by my BLOG and say hello! *smile*.
I Love little bird/chick stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #136  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just stumbled across this thread today, and MAN does it hit home!! First of all, DH has decided that we need to "re-work" our finances. We are both on a weekly budget. UGH!! The rest of the money goes into the family pot, so he will actually KNOW how much I spend at craft stores and on SU! orders. EEK! So...this should be easier for me with our new budget guidelines. I don't feel bad when it's coming out of 'my account'...but when I have to tell him, I tend to think a little harder about what I am buying. AND...I managed to purchase lots of little DSS goodies BEFORE the new budget started, so I should be okay! The only snag in the plan (and DH is already fully aware of this)....#1 I have to buy the rest of the items needed for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas cards (I am borrowing sets, or using ones that I already have, so really I'll just need CS) and #2 I am a SU! hobby demonstrator, so I may have to make up the difference in my quarterly minimum! Other than that, since I've thoroughly taken inventory of all of the things I already have...and that equates to WAY more than I'll ever NEED...I should be good to go for quite some time! So...I'm takin the plunge! Count me in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #137  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I did okay today, I went to one of my favorite sb stores (Lori's too) and did not buy anything. I went in to sign up for an art journey they have. It is $5, you travel to 3 stores and work on one project at each store. You get the $5 back in a gift cert. at the end. I also went to Joanne's and only bought a fall decoration for my front door and a joke gift for my father's b-day. I think I am getting back on track!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #138  
Kookie Creator

ummm hmmm well ummmmm NOPE, but Ill be more than happy to give up cooking and cleaning. Oh oh all ready did that. Hmmmm what else could I give up ummmm chocolate, ahhh no that would be scarry.
I know I got the perfect thing I am willing to go with out.
MY VEGETABLES
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #139  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMRView Post
I did okay today, I went to one of my favorite sb stores (Lori's too) and did not buy anything. I went in to sign up for an art journey they have. It is $5, you travel to 3 stores and work on one project at each store. You get the $5 back in a gift cert. at the end. I also went to Joanne's and only bought a fall decoration for my front door and a joke gift for my father's b-day. I think I am getting back on track!
Ah, Ink About It... I have gone over a week without going in there, which is good for me. We'll see if I can stay away till my next class at the end of the month.

I would love to do the art journey - but I know there's no way I can drive to the Cape and back in the next few weeks. It would be so fun, though.

I am doing my best to not shop but it's SO hard for me. I keep thinking about this - this is the thing I'm most passionate about in my life right now. Not counting my DH and kids, of course, but of the things I do just for me, this is where it's at. I think that's why it's so hard not to buy - it feeds my soul. It's not just a hobby. I want to be making cards all the time. I really should be satisfied just with what I have, though. Really. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2007, 07:37 PM   #140  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Boy, I am glad that I am not the only one that owns entirely too much and can't seem to quit shopping for more! Me and my girlfriend both laugh at how we could actually open a craft store with all the stuff we have. Both of us need to quit shopping but it is so hard. We both denied ourselves for so many years while our kids were small. Now that they are grown and gone things have changed and it is our time.

Although I need to join the quit buying club, I just think I would have lack of willpower. In fact, I just got the new CTMH and oh boy do I want to buy more stuff...

Good luck to all of you who are willing to go the distance on this one...

I am a life artist and love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 11:49 AM   #141  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I have decided to just cut back, I cannot give it up completely. I am going to start on my Christmas list and need to buy some things to make as gifts. I have cut way back. I am really happy about that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 04:26 PM   #142  
Die Cut Diva

Well, I just participated in a huge sale of stamping/scrapping supplies yesterday. Made several hundred dollars, but honestly it barely put in a dent in the pile. It was actually kind of embarassing to admit that it was all mine (especially when numerous people asked if I was giving up stamping - "Um, no. I actually have even more left at home!" :rolleyes: ) My one HUGE success of the day was only spending $3 on UMs that I actually had been wanting. Wooo Hooo!! Here's hoping I can hold onto my resolve through September...
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #143  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tah Dah!View Post
Well, I just participated in a huge sale of stamping/scrapping supplies yesterday. Made several hundred dollars, but honestly it barely put in a dent in the pile. It was actually kind of embarassing to admit that it was all mine (especially when numerous people asked if I was giving up stamping - "Um, no. I actually have even more left at home!" :rolleyes: ) My one HUGE success of the day was only spending $3 on UMs that I actually had been wanting. Wooo Hooo!! Here's hoping I can hold onto my resolve through September...
Wow, how many times can I use the word "actually" in one post. Gotta proofread before hitting submit!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #144  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Great job! Only $3, I am really impressed! It is great that you could sell a lot. I have a few sets that I am hoping to put in the next yard sale at my LSS. I need to sell some paper too! I saw a thread here that someone uses the patterned paper to make envelopes, I may try this! I have to use some of the paper I buy! I think it is better to buy the paper when I need it rather than when it is on sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2007, 08:18 PM   #145  
Kookie Creator

I slipped today, I went to Michael's for glue dots(making baby shower favors), And I found a Sizzix alphabet for $19.00. DH was not mad
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 12:21 AM   #146  
Insane Embellisher

I'm new here, but I have already pledged to myself that there will be no more personal/craft shopping until after Christmas now (except for two items I still need - watercolour pad and some paper suitable for making Christmas wrapping paper)! In the last couple of weeks I have ordered:

Prima Flowers (lots of)
Ribbon (lots of)
Brads
Designer Papers (lots of...)
Bazzill Cardstock (big pack...)
Watercolour Pencils
Shimmery Chalks
Magnolia Stamps
Stamping Bella Stamps
Penny Black Stamps
Elzybells Stamps
Pink Petticoat Christmas Collection

The difficult bit is that I have to wait until after this weekend to play with any of it as I have to collect the rest of my crafting stuff from my mum's place (I'm just getting back into crafting as I've had a lot of moving and upheaval to contend with so far this year).

Hopefully all the above plus my existing craft stash will leave me with enough to play with at least until Christmas...Especially if my birthday in November brings new toys!

I do have a few boxes of unwanted craft stuff to sell, so hopefully that will compensate a little for what I've spent in the last couple of weeks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 02:17 AM   #147  
Gabfest Goddess

I am joining in on this. It seems like I am always picking up new things when ever I get the oppportunity. I have too much now and need to use what I have on hand. If I get tempted, I'll just come back here for the support I need to resist.
Just Us Girls Challenge DT
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 02:24 AM   #148  
Gabfest Goddess

I joining in on this. I have way too much stuff now that I need to use. I keep picking things up and then I tend to hoard it. No more hoarding. If I get tempted, I'll just come here for support.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 02:35 AM   #149  
Mad Swapper

Welcome! Good luck with your pledge. I hope you get to play with your new goodies soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 02:37 AM   #150  
Mad Swapper

Welcome! Good luck with your pledge. I hope you get to play with your new goodies soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2007, 12:02 PM   #151  
Kookie Creator

I got to cheat today. My In-laws gave me a gift card to Archivers for my B-day. I only went two dollars over so I don't really feel bad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #152  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I have to join this no-spending thread - I really need to use the supplies I have as it's becoming embarrassing to open my closet in my craft room!!!

I have so much paper already and went away this past weekend on a scrapbooking retreat...I brought home 4 more paper packs (which I dont need but just had to have!), various single sheets of paper, a punch, a glue pen...then we walked into the cute town and I ended up spending $60 more in the LSS on things 'I needed' to have including more paper and cardstock...oh dear...

On top of this I am really on the fence about becoming an SU demo to get the great sign up deal this month...yikes...

I really think I need to join 'paper addicts anonymous' - where do I sign up?! ;-)

Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #153  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to join this NO shopping Pledge group. but I can't!

Because I just spend some money on some SU Cardstock in colors, and some other items.

Plus at the end of the this month I will be ordering some other Stuff from The Angel Company as well.

And with all the enabling that goes on here on SCS. I have a hard time NOT spending money.........

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #154  
Glitter Queen

Wink I agree with Cathy H....

I'll stop when my husband gives up golf, beer, hunting (a sport he never hits anything but spends tons on guns and ammo), snowmobiles (brand new but only has 300 miles on it in 7 years) and classic cars...... Anyone else with me on this????? I say at least what I spend money on makes people smile and makes memories not just a beer belly. That's just my opinion
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2007, 09:37 PM   #155  
Stampin' Fool

Count me in. My DH doesn't complain, but I really should play with what I have before buying anything else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 05:07 AM   #156  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy HView Post
I'll join you as soon as DH gives up golf --

I have always said that I would spend as much as my husband did golf - but you guessed it. I am waaayyy waaayyy ahead of that. We are both semi-retired and they both are expensive hobbies. But think of all the money we save in making our own cards ;)

My Blog http://crazystamplady.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 05:25 AM   #157  
Forum Fanatic

I didn't officially join- but I have been trying very hard not to buy stamping stuff- and it's been going quite well.

I did have to (well not really have to, but my old one broke) buy a sewing machine- but while craft related, that's not stamping

I am about to place an order for hinged tins at www.specialtybottle.com though. Then I'll do a $100 order from TAC in october, then I'm on a no buy again until SAB.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 06:26 AM   #158  
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay...confession time...Last week for VSN I "had" to go to Hobby Lobby for some fall-themed DP. I have NO fall (halloween or leaves, wtc.) stamp sets and I knew the theme, so in order to participate, I NEEDED some DP to make do with. Anywho...they had brads for 50% off. Now...let me clarify...I am running REALLY low on brads (I had maybe 30-40 brads TOTAL, combining all colors) and these were 50% off of $2.47. So, I bought 7 packs of brads, and each pack had 50 in it. i know that sounds like a lot of brads, but I really have started using them A LOT, hence...the reason I'm so lowon them! THIS weekend, DH is out of town and I'm bored out of my gourd, so I decided to head BACK to Hobby Lobby. But, I really didn't do too badly...I spent about $20 and got all the materials needed for those 'extra' Christmas gifts for the people who work in my office and DH's office. So...I have faltered in my no-spending pledge, BUT the items I bought could be truly justified! I told DH all about both weekend purchases, and he said, "WOW! That's all you spent?!?!" So, I guess I'm okay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 06:53 AM   #159  
Gabfest Goddess

(Hanging head) Ok, I caved, but I only spent $2. I needed (did I really need it?) a few sheets of textured cs that I get at my local $ store for 3/$1. I'm hopeless!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2007, 08:15 AM   #160  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Woohoo! Everyone is doing so well. I have to fess up, I put a papertrey order in, but I will make gifts so I am saving in the long run! All my upcoming gifts will be made with stuff I have.
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes