Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-16-2010, 08:14 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Dedham, MA just outside Boston where I was born and raised
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone having trouble at the PTI store

I'm at the PTI store and am having trouble adding Background Basics: Woodgrain to my cart. I don't get a message saying unavailable, but there is a system error message next to the add to cart button. Anyone having the same trouble? Do you think it's just out of stock?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 08:21 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They had this problem on release night. It's a bug in their system and they should probably fix it soon. Trying waiting a while and then place your order again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I'm having problems adding any of the felt :( Oh well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was going to place a larger order but half the stuff said unavailable so I gave up.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Just tried to order Little Argyle - out of stock. I sent an e-mail to customer service.

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I kept trying to order one of the dies (for the graduate set) and it wouldn't let me. I finally placed my order without it. When I went back in right after I submitted, just to see if I could, it let me add it to the cart with no problem. I canceled, of course, since I didn't want to pay shipping on just one die. I also figured that PTI wouldn't amend my order, even though their glitch caused the problem, lol. No big...labels I can cut out; cars, not so much!

OK, on the topic of dies...well almost: Can someone tell me about the texture plates? In what way are they different that they cost $16 per plate? I can't get a good view of them to tell.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would have placed a larger order on release night if I hadn't had so much trouble. I haven't been back since, but I couldn't get the car or woodgrain sets into my cart or any of the felt that night. I figured I would wait to order these items next time if they were available then. It seems their site has problems each month around their releases.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DELSEView Post
I would have placed a larger order on release night if I hadn't had so much trouble. I haven't been back since, but I couldn't get the car or woodgrain sets into my cart or any of the felt that night. I figured I would wait to order these items next time if they were available then. It seems their site has problems each month around their releases.

Deb
The forums crashed again basically. Many people had issues with the website ordering also. They think so many were ordering at once that we were all having issues. Some switched to using IE and then had no issues.
I kept hitting the backbutton and finally it worked
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Actually, there are a couple of things going on at Papertrey, and I can tell you how to work around one of them (only because it happened to me :o)

The system error on the woodgrain page is a mistake in the HTML coding for that particular page. It's easy enough to fix, but you have to make PTI aware of the problem. While they receive and read your email, contact the correct person, locate the typo, and re-type the link, you can use your TAB key to move from section to section on the page. Once the ADD TO CART button is highlighted, hit ENTER. That should add the item to your cart. If you can't see the ADD TO CART button get highlighted, use the TAB key to move from section to section on the page until you DON'T see anything highlighted, then hit ENTER. It's kind of a pain, but it gets the item in your cart.

As to other store problems, and I'm interpreting from Nicole's comments on the PTI forum on release night, they are shoring up their servers and expanding or utilizing their bandwidth to the best of their ability. While I'm sure there are things that they could be doing better, I'm confident that they are doing all that they can as quickly as they can to accommodate and satisfy new and long-time customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I placed an order the morning after and had no trouble adding anything into my cart. (Unfortunately for my wallet...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 06:31 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Well the good news is they are going to be releasing a new website soon and people should no longer have these issues. It stinks right now, but at least they are working to fix the issues.

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 06:38 PM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

Default can't get into the cart

I can't get into my cart to place an order. I know I have some things in there, I just can't get to them. It's frustrating!

jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttaView Post
I can't get into my cart to place an order. I know I have some things in there, I just can't get to them. It's frustrating!

jutta

I was having the same issue but finally figured out if I added something to my cart (you can always delete it once you get back into your cart - or not! ;) then it takes you to your cart. But then if I clicked back to keep shopping, I couldn't get back in the cart again. Hope that makes sense???

Looking forward to their new website. I think they have just grown too fast, too quickly. Still love PTI though!

Oh, I also had things in my cart previously that I knew was still in there too. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 07:07 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default fly away

Is this why I cannot add the set Fly Away to my order? It doesn't say out of stock, but to contact them. I contacted them and just got a form letter. This was to be my first time ordering and I'm a little frustrated. My hubby is a plane fan and that set is perfect for him!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2010, 09:10 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage.RitzView Post
Actually, there are a couple of things going on at Papertrey, and I can tell you how to work around one of them (only because it happened to me :o)

The system error on the woodgrain page is a mistake in the HTML coding for that particular page. It's easy enough to fix, but you have to make PTI aware of the problem. While they receive and read your email, contact the correct person, locate the typo, and re-type the link, you can use your TAB key to move from section to section on the page. Once the ADD TO CART button is highlighted, hit ENTER. That should add the item to your cart. If you can't see the ADD TO CART button get highlighted, use the TAB key to move from section to section on the page until you DON'T see anything highlighted, then hit ENTER. It's kind of a pain, but it gets the item in your cart.

As to other store problems, and I'm interpreting from Nicole's comments on the PTI forum on release night, they are shoring up their servers and expanding or utilizing their bandwidth to the best of their ability. While I'm sure there are things that they could be doing better, I'm confident that they are doing all that they can as quickly as they can to accommodate and satisfy new and long-time customers.
So is it possible if I contact them I might be able to get the die, if it's still in stock, without having to pay extra shipping?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 05:42 AM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollybearView Post
2 release months in a row I could not get my order completed with what I wanted so I just did not order. It is a frustration that I can understand happening once, but two months in a row is unacceptable. It was foreseen due to last months problem so I did not expect to deal with it again. Sad thing is their stuff is getting better and better each month, but too many frustrated customers is no fun at all.
Same here..I just did not order as well. And after waiting a few weeks I decided that I just did not need everything on the first order - so they lost my sale for that month. This month the Little Argyle set is out of stock - just a few hours after its release, so I decided not to place an order this month as well.

I hate to think that PTI intentionally orders insufficient quantities so that they run out - but it happens almost every month and by now they have enough data to be able to order enough to last at least last a few days. This way of marketing to build demand for their product really puts me off. I love their sets, but I end up buying less that I would have and each time this scenario occurs it rubs me the wrong way..

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 06:41 AM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

I just wait to place my order. Since I already have a ton of stuff and I'm not purchasing PTI for a particular project - only because I love their stuff. The waiting lets me make sure their stuff is back in stock and it lets me make sure I'm actually ordering everything I need for the projects I have in mind. With PTI, it's more of an issue of now being really popular due to so many stampers either just finding their great designs or stampers moving to them since other companies keep retiring so much stuff or changing policies basically unannounced that have ticked stampers off. So, PTI gets many of those stampers on top of their existing customers. They keep coming out with great designs and products and get even MORE popular. I'm sure a lot of the backorders and servers being overwhelmed is somewhat in part due to other companies' issues. PTI can't possibly foresee all the new people like me who hadn't ordered much at all in the past to now wanting to order lots of stuff. Their stuff only keeps getting better and better, so I'm willing to wait a little to order if I have to since I doubt that they'll suddenly announce a big retirement of products (one of the things I like about them). I just have to wait until the "new" stuff isn't quite so new. Not a problem for me - guess that's the good part about being a long-time stamper with a huge stash of stamps and supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 06:47 AM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
I kept trying to order one of the dies (for the graduate set) and it wouldn't let me. I finally placed my order without it. When I went back in right after I submitted, just to see if I could, it let me add it to the cart with no problem. I canceled, of course, since I didn't want to pay shipping on just one die. I also figured that PTI wouldn't amend my order, even though their glitch caused the problem, lol. No big...labels I can cut out; cars, not so much!

OK, on the topic of dies...well almost: Can someone tell me about the texture plates? In what way are they different that they cost $16 per plate? I can't get a good view of them to tell.
I do know that the texture plates are double sided, a different pattern on each side. I didn't order this month; saving my $ for flowers to plant in the yard
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 07:50 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyK.View Post
Same here..I just did not order as well. And after waiting a few weeks I decided that I just did not need everything on the first order - so they lost my sale for that month. This month the Little Argyle set is out of stock - just a few hours after its release, so I decided not to place an order this month as well.

I hate to think that PTI intentionally orders insufficient quantities so that they run out - but it happens almost every month and by now they have enough data to be able to order enough to last at least last a few days. This way of marketing to build demand for their product really puts me off. I love their sets, but I end up buying less that I would have and each time this scenario occurs it rubs me the wrong way..
It is NOT just PTI that runs out and items go on backorder. There is another well known company that has had many complaints as well about not enough stock and that back-order list gets very long sometimes.
It happens. Part of it is not just ordering correctly but how fast the manufacturer can produce quantity and yet keep the quality.

I know its a bummer when things are out of stock but then I buy something else in place that I really want then put the out of stock item on my next order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 08:06 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have the texture plates, but here's what I've read.
they are large, double sided, metal and do not make as deep an impression as say, a Cuttlebug folder. They are designed to make a softer impression.

Many of them look awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ah. Metal. OK, that's the main difference...I can see why that would up the price. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 10:06 AM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
So is it possible if I contact them I might be able to get the die, if it's still in stock, without having to pay extra shipping?
Oh, that's so adorable that you asked that! Nope, no matter what the issue is on their side with the website not working on release night, they won't send it to you without having to pay extra shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #23  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
It is NOT just PTI that runs out and items go on backorder. There is another well known company that has had many complaints as well about not enough stock and that back-order list gets very long sometimes.
It happens. Part of it is not just ordering correctly but how fast the manufacturer can produce quantity and yet keep the quality.

I know its a bummer when things are out of stock but then I buy something else in place that I really want then put the out of stock item on my next order.
I can't speak for other companies, since I've only experienced this chronic issue with PTI, but after three years in business I think they should have a better handle on how much to order - certainly enough to last more than a few hours after release. I just don't buy the "we didn't anticipate the volume of sales" excuse anymore because this issue occurs more often than not.
I would imagine that the images most likely are sent to their manufacturer at least a month before the release and should be plenty of time for them to get the stamps made.
If its a manufacturing issue - they should look for another manufacturer, otherwise they can do better on ordering. IMHO, I think they've made the decision not to order up.
I like PTI stamps - I would have a bunch more if they they did not run out of stock a few hours after release. And their canned "form letter" e-mail reply that you get when you e-mail customer service adds insult to injury!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #24  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

After having problems trying to shop (and I waited until after the release frenzy) I walked away from my cart too. And since I've had time to think about it, I'm wondering if I really need more stuff anyway. So that might be good for me but bad for PTI.

The frustrations with not enough stock, ongoing website problems, and the higher free shipping requirement are changing my shopping habits with PTI. I've been purchasing consistently from PTI since they opened shop. Love their stuff but I'm thinking I'll wait until they get their new website up before I shop again. Don't like feeling pressured to quickly snatch things up because they'll sell out in minutes, kwim? Especially now that they have coordinating dies. I want to get the dies with the set - not have to wait until everything is in stock - which is frustrating because while you're waiting for one item to come in, another item runs out. So we're left with the decision to wait and hope everything will eventually come in which often takes weeks or order as each item comes in and pay the $6.50 shipping each time.

With the growth they've had perhaps they need to hire on more people to handle it - full timers, not part-timers who hold other jobs as well. I'd hate to see them ultimately lose business because they can't keep up. Anyway, hope the new website solves a lot of problems and that they'll be able to work out the stock supply before the next release because PTI's stuff is fabulous and I wish them continued success!

PS - Does anyone know when the new website will launch? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I don't have the texture plates, but here's what I've read.
they are large, double sided, metal and do not make as deep an impression as say, a Cuttlebug folder. They are designed to make a softer impression.

Many of them look awesome!
Joan, you are correct. I have them, and they are double-sided. The impression is not the same as an embossing folder. I guess the best way to describe it is they "impress" not "emboss". I love them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliemlaceyView Post
Joan, you are correct. I have them, and they are double-sided. The impression is not the same as an embossing folder. I guess the best way to describe it is they "impress" not "emboss". I love them.
I wondered why they were called "impression plates"! I thought I might be doing something wrong since the impression I was getting wasn't too deep. It's nice to know (or find out) that that is intentional.
Reply With Quote Likes