Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-02-2007, 12:18 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else feel the same...

Is anyone whose wish list from the new catty isn't as long as they thought a little relieved???? Don't get me wrong, I love the new catty, but my *need* list isn't that long....I'm actually really happy about this because now I can get the Papertray sets I've been drooling over!!:-D
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I am so with you! I think my first purchases will be for some of the new 'in colors'. I did bookmark some stamp sets that I are on the 'will buy eventually' list.

I am already selling quite a few sets that I've barely used so I am trying to be more wise in my purchases.

:-) Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 12:54 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Location: The Beautiful Eastside (of Lake WA), Washington State

I just thought there wasnt too much in the new catty that I cant live without...some things...but not as much as past catalogs. I will get some sets, the In Colors, and some accessories....but I think I will buy more papertrey sets, maybe some Bella's, and Karen Lockhart sets. (and I think I might need some of those Thomas Kincade sets) Normally I like the prices of the SU sets and getting more for your money but since the prices went up I might as well use that money toward sets that I really love. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I feel the exact same way. I did just place an order with my demo for $225 (that's the Canadian minimum to get a hostess set) ... but that's pretty much all I will order out of this catalogue, besides if I need paper or something along that lines ... so unless the mini that comes out in September is spectacular, I will have money to spend on other stuff -- I'm hoping to spend some on TAC stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

I think I will get some ink pads! I only have one SU inkpad, and I really like it. I definately appreciate the size over my others....

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 01:34 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I just spent over $400...... I love the new catty! But I know some people feel the same as you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 01:39 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I haven't actually made a wish list yet, but that's is what I was hoping for.... a fairly short list. But now that I have the catalog, I think my list maybe longer than I wished for. Although, I guess it could have been worse.

Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

But even though your list are sooo long as in the past, a new book will be out in 6 mo.

I did enough for a level 1 set, and I am good for a while...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I just finished the first draft of my wish list and it's not as long as I expected. I'm sure I'll find more things that I want as time goes on, but there aren't many stamp sets that I am dying to have; other than Polka Dots and Posy. I love those 2 backgrounds!

I'm sure after my workshop on Thursday I will find a lot more stuff to fall in love with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 03:05 PM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

I finished my wish list and it totaled $115. I'm going to order everything in one shot. Then I'll just need paper. There were a lot of great sets in the new catalog, but nothing that I really needed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

My wish list is short also. I don't like any of the new stamp sets. I am going to order a few sets that was in the old catty that was not retired. I own 1/2 of the stamp pads I plan to order the other have of them. Other than that really don't like the new stuff at all. I called stampin up and asked them about the sets that was in the mini catty's that did not make it to the new catty and they told me that they are not considered retired and they may show up in later catty's. I specifically asked about Cowboy Kid and she said it will probably show up in a later catty. So there is hope in the future.

Crystal
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

I agree

I have only one... yes one.... of the new stamp sets on my wish list. It's usually at least a couple dozen. Granted, I've been stamping for years and don't want to duplicate too many sets I already own but wow - this really surprised me. I actually thoroughly dislike many of the new sets! Poorly drawn (i.e. that fisherman), don't like all the double line designs, some look like a child drew them. For once I'm glad I'm not a demonstrator and don't have to pretend I love everything. And for the first time since I started stamping (way over 10 years, lost count), I will not buy this catalog.

I will buy the sampler of the new paper to see what colors I like in it and maybe that one stamp set. However, I'm very disappointed and I hope the spring/summer catalog will be an improvement.

Mary in OK
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes and No. Yes I'm glad that my pocket book won't be taking as big a hit as last year. There really are only a few stamp sets that I really desire. Of course after seeing some samples here I'm sure I'll add a fee -tee hee. I won't be purchasing the in colors. I don't like the limited time frame. I'm left with some paper from last year that I know matches the 48 regular but don't like that I can't get more if I want KWIM? The NO part is - I like having a lot of things I really WANT. I like the anticipation and planning...But I've always liked SU! cardstock best of any and I'm super psyched about the textured 12 x12 and the designer paper - I will buy lots of those!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 03:39 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

I wrote out my list of sets that I REALLY want, including the DP papers and IN Color ink pads and paper and I think it comes to a little over $150. I think that's plenty for me because I want to be able to buy a few sets from other companies also. Don't get me wrong...I COULD spend more on this catty but there's not much that's totally jumping out at me. So, yes, it's a relief for me.

Becca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 03:46 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

I guess I'm a "cutesy" stamper, because this catalog is right up my alley. My first list (being very selective and trying not to duplicate) my total is right at $200.

I know many of you don't like all the flowers sets, but I love them! I also like the everything with a paisley of any kind in it...although I don't have all these all my list...trying to be a good steward. I will have to pace myself.

Love the Tres Chic background, not necessarily to use as a bg, but to stamp and cut words from it. Just think how much a sentiment stamp set with that many words would cost and you can get the bg for only $17.95, that's a great deal and some great words!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 03:48 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by amesbabeView Post
I guess I'm a "cutesy" stamper, because this catalog is right up my alley. My first list (being very selective and trying not to duplicate) my total is right at $200.

I know many of you don't like all the flowers sets, but I love them! I also like the everything with a paisley of any kind in it...although I don't have all these all my list...trying to be a good steward. I will have to pace myself.

Love the Tres Chic background, not necessarily to use as a bg, but to stamp and cut words from it. Just think how much a sentiment stamp set with that many words would cost and you can get the bg for only $17.95, that's a great deal and some great words!
Apparently I can't type today. I also like every set with a paisley of any kind in it...on my list not all...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 04:32 PM   #17  
Mad Swapper

ho hummmmmmmm
think I'll take a nap til January 2008
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

Only about 8 sets talking to me. Had a lot of the stuff, I would be interested, already. When I mentioned the total to dh, he asked if I was feeling well
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, out of my 150.00 order I placed over half of it was new ink pads for the in colors and paper to try.. I think I only bought 2 sets and a punch...
I did love the ABC set in the back with the preschool lined roller... I run a daycare and can't wait to make flashcards for the kids to use and take home for gifts...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #20  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I thought the whole catalog left me "seeing spots" and simple petaled flowers. Don't get me wrong, I love dots but there are alot, alot of dots!!!! The whole latter part of the catalog was dotted, swirled and/or full of simple flowers. They are nice, and I like some of them but I am amazed that they decided to be so redundant.

I would have thought they would have mixed up the whole catalog layout and incorporated different styles to help them vary styles more from set to set and from page to page:confused:.

Oh well, I still found things I have to have, like the scalloped punch, the new colors and a couple of the phrase sets. I actually like the hostess sets. Ironically, the other sets on my list were left overs from the last catty that I didn't get yet, like Blossoms Abound and Label Classics.

Maybe they are saving some really cool stuff for the winter mini.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

I agree 100%. There are only a few sets that I will even consider buying. For one thing, I am tired of goofy-looking animals, such as the new cat & dog sets. I do like the In Colors and will probably buy some of them, but this looks like paper & supply replenishing time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Nothing really jumped out at for for a "must have". I've only been through the catalogue once....maybe on the next read....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 08:15 PM   #23  
Compulsive Stamper

Default primitive stamps

I would like to see more primitive looking stamps or phrases, maybe a pineapple or two, or how about the old crow. But like the rest of you, I was a little disappointed too. The art could have been more grown up, I guess... :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #24  
Glitter Queen

Default I can control myself too!

I went through the catty and only put in 7 post its! yeah me! I am going to order two of the "IN" colors ink pads and an assortment of cardstock. I think the catalog cover is beautiful and there is alot in there, but nothing I really am dying for!! I have been stamping for just over a year and the sets that I have bought from Stampin Up last year are still in the catalog so I must be doing something right! LOL I am in a stamp camp and have to order $25.00 next month that will be easy but the next month might not be! lol I love to stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 09:24 PM   #25  
Embossing Fanatic

Default What were they thinking??

My catalog arrived today and I am so very disappointed in the new stamp sets. What a terrible let down. It looks like a child drew most of the images. I've been stamping for 10 years now and have been purchasing from SU from the start of my addiction to stamping. In the past I've had no problem spending a ton of money with each order. I've joined clubs...several at the same time in order to purchase all the sets I wanted before the next catty came out. This won't happen this time. My whole wish list totals 242.00.....in the past I've had single orders that size.

How can they go from Angler to that horrible fisherman in On the Fly?

I'm just so disappointed.
Reply With Quote Likes