Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #281  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by java_jennyView Post
This sounds good ~ I'm in.

I think I'm going to do $1 per card and $5 per scrapbook layout.
That sounds good to me too!

I am such a horder that I need to start using some of my stash as I am out of room and can't fit anything else in my room or closet. I did a couple of challenges and that was great because it actually got me to use some paper that I had been stashing for 3 years. I think I get as much enjoyment out of having it as using it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 08:21 AM   #282  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just found this thread, and am starting late, but I am in. I am going to try and go back to January 1, and record what I have spent, and what I have earned to see if I can stay on track for all of 2009 as a whole. I am going to give myself $1.00 per card, $5.00 per layout, and $5.00 per altered item. I am also in on the exercise, and will be giving myself $1.00 per 10 minutes.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #283  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinGalzView Post
Now a question. What do you do when you have a color cardstock that doesn't seem to go with anything you own? For example I have a whole pack of Marv Magenta. I can't think of anything to use this with except sympathy cards. I have no DSP to go with it either. I just cant think of how I will use this pack up
OR... you could join the Wish RAK and send your cardstock to fellow WRAK'ers who would like to try SU cardstock. In turn, you'll get to wish for other goodies like stamped images. That will save you more money by not having to buy more stamps!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #284  
Die Cut Diva

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiemom23csView Post
Okay, Ladies! I just finished my first 15 cards. Unfortunately, I spent myself into a deficit just a few minutes ago. I will have to update that!! This is a great idea to keep track of what you make and spend.
You'll make it up in no time...just keep stamping!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #285  
Rubber Obsessor

ugh - so annoyed. I lost my post ..

What are your thoughts on scrapbook storage?? I noticed the Jetmax cubes were still on sale at M's and I need a few more to get the rest of my "stuff" off the floor.

Tanya - I LOVE the Biggest Loser!! Thanks for the reminder. I guess it'll be a crafty night in front of the TV. Congrats on getting your cards done!!

Debbiesmom - You'll be back in the black in no time!! 15 cards is a great start.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #286  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kris74~ That's where I'll be tonight too...with my lil' portable craft table in my lap

I meant to ask ya'll...are you including shipping in your total spent? Hubby and I were talking about that the other night and how it's really not "supplies", just an annoying cost in addition to your supplies. Over time that could add up to a lot, KWIM.
MIL picked up some stamps and put them in the mail that I ordered back in Nov. at The Stamp Addict? (I think that's the name) so now I'm way in the red... 64 cards made just over $100 spent. Not to bad compared to my last years totals!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #287  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsclark2001View Post
OR... you could join the Wish RAK and send your cardstock to fellow WRAK'ers who would like to try SU cardstock. In turn, you'll get to wish for other goodies like stamped images. That will save you more money by not having to buy more stamps!!
I didn't know SCS had such a thing. Where is it located? I didn't see it.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #288  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangegymnutView Post
Kris74~ That's where I'll be tonight too...with my lil' portable craft table in my lap

I meant to ask ya'll...are you including shipping in your total spent? Hubby and I were talking about that the other night and how it's really not "supplies", just an annoying cost in addition to your supplies. Over time that could add up to a lot, KWIM.
MIL picked up some stamps and put them in the mail that I ordered back in Nov. at The Stamp Addict? (I think that's the name) so now I'm way in the red... 64 cards made just over $100 spent. Not too bad compared to my last years totals!
Where did you get a little craft table?? That sounds much better then my tush going numb sitting on the floor at the coffee table ;) I have a little carryall thingy from M's I bought a few years ago that I pile all my "necessities" into when I stamp in the family room. It saves a few trips to the scrap room. Then again, that's how I get my exercise during the show.

I'm not too sure about the shipping :confused: I do count mine mainly because of the exchange as most of my orders are from out of the US and I just wait until the cc bill comes in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #289  
Glitter Queen

Well, I almost forgot! I want to buy the Big Shot next month, so I have got to get working!! I do not want to go in the red at all this year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #290  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Tanya, have you been to Marianne Walker's blog? I've not worked with the Copics myself, but I've been reading her tutes and she does some awesome stuff. As to paper - most everyone I've heard said the GP cardstock from walmart seems to work the best.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #291  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangegymnutView Post

I *do* include shipping in my costs because I order too much on-line, and from the US, so I include shipping, and any extra tax or duty because for me it is all crafting expenses.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #292  
Watercolor Wizard

I include shipping too - I figure that it's all a part of the cost. I mean if I didn't pay the shipping, I wouldn't have the product!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #293  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris74View Post
Where did you get a little craft table?? That sounds much better then my tush going numb sitting on the floor at the coffee table ;) I have a little carryall thingy from M's I bought a few years ago that I pile all my "necessities" into when I stamp in the family room. It saves a few trips to the scrap room. Then again, that's how I get my exercise during the show.

I'm not too sure about the shipping :confused: I do count mine mainly because of the exchange as most of my orders are from out of the US and I just wait until the cc bill comes in.
I actually got it at Michael's in '07. It has a hard surface top (but is all bumpy and rough with a pattern on it so I work with my cutting mat on top of it) and the bottom is like a bean bag kind of thing. It's almost the size of a throw pillow. It works great to sit on the couch and work with stuff that's already prepped or coloring images.

Thank-you everyone for your input about the shipping. I included it all last year but got to thinking that, it really adds up over time and you could get a few stamp sets from your shipping, lol.

ScrappinCEO~ Yes, I have visited Marrianne's blog. That's where I found out about the neenah paper & memento ink. I've tried some of the things she's blogged about (early on, haven't had time for months to stamp or "play) and I never get the results she does. I tried again since my last post (actually 2 times) and was ok with one of the results but it bleed like crazy in one spot and wouldn't clean up well even though it was light colors. I know it takes time to learn how to use them but this is one technique I can't seem to master:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #294  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This seems to really be helping me so far. I've had a history of basically buying supplies with great intentions but then coming home from work and then just admiring all my pretties while only making a few cards. I've actually made a card every day for the last 3 days trying to fatten up my piggy bank! That might not sound like much to some, but trust me, I'm considering getting flame decals to put on my tape runner because that pace is incredible for me! LOL. I've already "earned" $33 and haven't spent any despite all the 50% off coupons I've got for Joann's this week (I feel like I need a 12 step program)! I'm sure this won't last long, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I've got to earn LOTS of money before the end of April when the Adventures in Rubber Stamping convention happens in Akron! Very, very bad for the pocket book, but so much fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #295  
Gallery Gazer

I went into the red tonight at stamp club, just as I expected. I had earned $29, but I spent $44. I was going to go to Dick Blick tomorrow and buy some markers, but I think I will put that off until I build up some more cash.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 07:36 AM   #296  
Matboard Maniac

So, last night I made another card - a sample for someone who is ordering baby shower invites.... and of course she loved it.... but then I had to place an order for more paper and things and that puts me in the hole, until I finish all her cards....... stink-o-la!

Cards: 26
Altered Item: 1
Earned: $31
Spent: $40.19

over = $9.19..... better do some more tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #297  
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inky PawsView Post
I didn't know SCS had such a thing. Where is it located? I didn't see it.

Thanks.
Let's see if this link works. It is to another thread and on post #21 purpleflowers give a description of how to join Wish RAK. Good luck! Wish RAK is fantastic!!!!

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 05:08 PM   #298  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryAnnKView Post
I went into the red tonight at stamp club, just as I expected. I had earned $29, but I spent $44. I was going to go to Dick Blick tomorrow and buy some markers, but I think I will put that off until I build up some more cash.

That's great MaryAnn!! Not too far off the mark at all!!

I went to M's yesterday (and took advantage of being kid free for the day ;)) and other then a storage unit, I spend less than $5!! So proud of myself! But honestly, there really wasn't anything I HAD to have. Go figure!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #299  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris74View Post
That's great MaryAnn!! Not too far off the mark at all!!
I wasn't so great after all. I found myself right across the street from Dick Blick and a giant magnet pulled me in. I ended up buying the markers I wanted. So now I'm another $19 in the hole. I have nothing to do tomorrow so I'm going to try to get some cards made and dig my way out of the hole.
Wish me luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #300  
Gallery Gazer

I found the stamp to spend thread last year and didn't really keep up, but it at least was on my mind and helped me to USE what I already have. I am sure I wouldn't have wanted to know how much in the red I was last year. This year I am going to keep up with money spent. I haven't decided what to allot for each card, layout, ect. I don't think $1 is enough hardly to cover consumable supplies used for the card much less stamps and tools used. Maybe $2 for card and 10 for layout. Also, altered items I would think it would depend on the item and how much the item cost before altering!

I love the spreadsheet and have tweeked it just a bit for me. I am also thinking of adding household chores, since that is my JOB I should get rewarded for that too! Or maybe just work out a bonus system instead of keeping a daily tally for housework. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #301  
Insane Embellisher

Kris74, it sounds like Tanya is talking about a lap desk. I have seen them a lot at Barnes & Nobles, etc.
Tanya, we are having a boy. I ran across that set in the gallery the other day: Fishy Friends. I have to check out the link that another stamper posted and hopefully I'll get inspired.
I am trying to figure out a way to justify the $ for the new catalog so I don't start "in the red." I think I will give myself $1 each day that I don't eat anything with onion in it. Pregnancy heartburn/indigestion is driving me nuts! LOL! I used to have a stomach of steel, but I have found I seriously regret it when I eat onion. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #302  
Polyshrink Goddess

I SO need to do this to keep me accountable for my spending. However, with the PTI release, I spent! And, I'm considering a Cricut. Time to get busy and add up the damages since January 1! I'm positive I'm in the red already! Thanks for the accountability!

Now to decide on my amounts . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #303  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scamper64View Post
I SO need to do this to keep me accountable for my spending. However, with the PTI release, I spent! And, I'm considering a Cricut. Time to get busy and add up the damages since January 1! I'm positive I'm in the red already! Thanks for the accountability!
So you spend in January and play the rest of the year. I know I wanted everything in the PTI release yesterday, but I was good and bought nothing. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #304  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiding in My Craft RoomView Post
I love the spreadsheet and have tweeked it just a bit for me. I am also thinking of adding household chores, since that is my JOB I should get rewarded for that too! Or maybe just work out a bonus system instead of keeping a daily tally for housework. Any suggestions?
Do both! The more you track the more you have to spend, I say. :-D

I think adding chores you really 'dislike' would be a good way to motivate yourself to do them. I would probably list household chore though because I 'hate' housework, I'd rather play.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #305  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbyjoView Post
So you spend in January and play the rest of the year. I know I wanted everything in the PTI release yesterday, but I was good and bought nothing. :-D
So, I can start "clean" as of today with no regrets? Ha! I love these rules!

Unfortunately, I LOVED the black cardstock and expect it to be as wonderful as the rest and OF COURSE had to get free shipping. I can talk myself into anything sometimes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #306  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Now to decide on my amounts . . .
I am in the red already too, but it makes me think twice about buying things now that I have signed on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #307  
Polyshrink Goddess

Boy, was this eye opening! I have only made 4 cards this year and have spent a lot! And I contacted my SU demo today to place an order that's not figured in. I will be waiting to do the Cricut for sure now!

Perhaps if I exercise myself to death . . .

I need to get on the ball and get to the Christmas Card Challenge--that will help, a bit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 04:56 PM   #308  
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up I'm proud of myself!

I went shopping today, and I did well! I went to Walmart, my LSS, AND Michaels, and I'm still in the green! I only bought the tan embossing pads to use with my cuttlebug, (I've been waiting FOREVER for those to come in!) and new mats for my cricut! (I also bought adhesive, but we said that adhesive doesn't count, right?) I drooled over all of the JetMax storage cubes that are 40% off at michaels, and of course over all the nesties and such at my LSS, but stuck to my shopping list, and didn't go over! WooHoo! I'm also going over to my demo's house tomorrow morning to stamp, and chat, so we'll see if I can get some stuff done!

Yay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #309  
Insane Embellisher

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiding in My Craft RoomView Post
I include housecleaning minutes with my exercise minutes - I'm up off my butt doing something physical so it counts to me! It's my home version of multi-tasking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #310  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeyore151View Post
I include housecleaning minutes with my exercise minutes - I'm up off my butt doing something physical so it counts to me! It's my home version of multi-tasking!
You're in Mantua! I'm in North Canton and work in Akron. Nice to see another NE Ohio person here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #311  
Matboard Maniac

I'm gonna have to start all over. I failed to keep up with my cards and can't remember what I've done, and the only thing I spent was my cuttlebug this month, but dh suggested i start over from the clear bottom, so that's what I'm gonna do.

I'll be starting with the cards I work on this weekend and going from there.

Last year, I started letting stamping take over and the housework fall to the wayside. So I've had to work on my weekly schedule to get everything to "fit" again. For a while, I'm only going to be stampin' and scrappin' on Saturday, so I'll be updating my siggy and uploading my pics on Monday morning.

Best Wishes Y'all!

~Kana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #312  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adalia DisaView Post
I went shopping today, and I did well! I went to Walmart, my LSS, AND Michaels, and I'm still in the green! I only bought the tan embossing pads to use with my cuttlebug, (I've been waiting FOREVER for those to come in!) and new mats for my cricut! (I also bought adhesive, but we said that adhesive doesn't count, right?) I drooled over all of the JetMax storage cubes that are 40% off at michaels, and of course over all the nesties and such at my LSS, but stuck to my shopping list, and didn't go over! WooHoo! I'm also going over to my demo's house tomorrow morning to stamp, and chat, so we'll see if I can get some stuff done!

Yay!
Congratulations! I was driving home today, and forced myself not to stop at Michael's. Almost everything I've bought this year has been end of year clearance stuff, and I knew that if I went in there, I'd spend even more. So, I may be over, but I was good today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #313  
Pearl-ExPert

ooh, I've never heard of this, but I need to join. . .I went back through the month and got what I've done. . .and I'm in the red. Don't tell DH!! ;) my biggest problem is not putting pictures on my LO, I create them with the pictures in my mind, and then never get them printed!! So I included that into mine. If the layouts don't have pictures, they don't count yet!

Cards ($1): 18 made
12x12 (2pg) LO w/ pics or 5 6x6 LO ($5): 0 made
altered item ($5): 0 made
earned to date: $18. Left to spend: -$53.42
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #314  
Stampin' Fool

Ok, I got my new SU catty today and I have alot of stamping to do because there are alot of stamps I want. I've been working on wishes this week and have alot to send out. I also made a holder for each of the wishes, so I'm counting the holders as a card. Hopefully, will go to the PO tomorrow and update my totals tomorrow evening. I working hard not to go in the red. I've been to Michaels a couple times this year and have been to walk in get what I need and walk out. Boy that's hard. I did get GC from my hubby and daughters so I was able to buy several of the modulars they have on sale this week. So I'm hoping to do some re-arranging this weekend and will be granting alot more wishes. It seems all the stuff I "had to have", I really didn't. Shhhhh don't tell my hubby that. I'm sure as we're cleaning this weekend he will be asking now why do you need to keep this, why did you buy this, why, why why. Because sweetie, see these altered containers I just made. I knew I would use this one day. :mrgreen: But back to SU, when does Sell A Bration start? I think I'll place my biggest order then and taper the rest over the next couple of months.

My blog: http://www.cindyscreativecorner-cindy.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #315  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

You're in Mantua! I'm in North Canton and work in Akron. Nice to see another NE Ohio person here!
I don't live in Akron anymore, but I was born and raised there! My mom and sister (both stampers) still live in Akron, so I go back all the time! Check out my username!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #316  
Glitter Guru

Yay for me! I lost 3lbs this week!! That is a total of 6 for the year so far.

Now, I have a question. Who has the Big Shot and who has the Cuttlebug and what are the advantages for one over the other? I am going to get one but am trying to decide which one. If I get the Big Shot I'll get it in March when I have my SU party during Sale-A-Bration. If I go with the Cuttlebug, I'll get it as soon as M's or Hobby Lobby has it on sale. The main thing I want it for is embossing. I have a Cricut and lots of carts so I don't really need it for cutting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #317  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by therubberbowlView Post
I don't live in Akron anymore, but I was born and raised there! My mom and sister (both stampers) still live in Akron, so I go back all the time! Check out my username!
I'm in Cleveland!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #318  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have been a very very bad girl!! I went and did some shopping at addicted I spent 28.66 so now I have to do some major stamping to get caught up!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #319  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh i just found this thread, can i play still??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #320  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfunView Post
oh i just found this thread, can i play still??
Of course, Welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes