Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2023, 01:13 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts
Money Saver ****: Good Junk, Bad Junk?

I just placed my first order from ****; so I can't give out any evaluations on products yet. If you have gotten some stamping/ paper craft related stuff from them what do you recommend? Or found to be a waste of money? I didn't look at stamps at all, and I didn't see any dies that I could identify as being rip-offs of non-Chinese stamp companies. I did find one product (not in craft line) that was cheaper on Amazon. I'll be curious to see how much turnover there is in products over time. One item was sold out the day after I bookmarked it.

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 04-10-2023 at 04:49 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Glitter Guru

Received 864 Likes on 515 Posts
Smile

I made a small order with them just to try it out. I bought a set of those strips like you put over a crack between the stove and counter to prevent crumbs from falling through. I bought a couple little dies that I've never seen anywhere. I stay away from the stamps though. I've been burned by them before. Bought some long ago not knowing they were copies from other companies here. To make up for it, I bought stamps from the actual companies, as I don't want them to lose money. I haven't received my order yet, but according the tracking it should be here soon. If that order goes alright, I might order some of the document folders to hold card projects in. Trying to organize my room better! Will be interested to hear how satisfied you will be with them also.

Last edited by hoptownracer1; 01-29-2023 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: typo
sf9erfan (03-13-2023)
Old 01-29-2023, 06:20 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm thinking they are a Chinese company. I am boycotting everything I possible can that is Made In China. Their economy is going to help them rule the world if we are always buying Made In China!
The following 3 users liked this post by harvestmoon:
Arlene_C (03-15-2023), fl_beachbum (02-01-2023), MsGarden (02-12-2023)
Old 01-29-2023, 07:31 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru

With the exception of scrapbooking and card making companies here, I have a hard time finding stuff made in the USA. I also have to do most of my shopping online, so it limits me also. I do like to buy USA products when I can find them, but sometimes it is hard to do. I do find plastic storage stuff made in the USA, and I've bought rugs and pans made here, but there is a lot of things that I cannot find any made here.
The following 2 users liked this post by hoptownracer1:
fl_beachbum (02-01-2023), ozarkstamper (01-30-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 12:42 PM   #5  

Received 275 Likes on 162 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
I'm thinking they are a Chinese company. I am boycotting everything I possible can that is Made In China. Their economy is going to help them rule the world if we are always buying Made In China!
I understand preference to supporting the economy of the country in which one lives, but as for die cutting supplies, most U.S. companies have their dies manufactured in China. I was shocked to have discovered more than ten years ago that my Stampin’ Up, Sizzix, Spellbinders, and others dies were made in China. For years I had thought I was purchasing made in America products. So anyone boycotting “made in China” products should check your inventory and dig into reading where your products are manufactured. It generally is not blatantly advertised unless truly made in the U.S.
hoptownracer1 (01-30-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 12:47 PM   #6  

As to answer the original poster, gypsyrosestamper, I too have placed my first order with this company. I shall see what the quality is upon arrival and inspection and let you know my opinion then.
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 510 Likes on 229 Posts

I googled **** and this is what I read:

**** is an online marketplace. It is a U.S.-based subsidiary of the Chinese company ****, a social commerce platform in China. **** was launched in September 2022 in the US.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 04-10-2023 at 04:48 AM..

I’m back to offer my opinion of the few items I ordered:
shoes—appear to be decent quality, but too large for me, so I may try to return them.
wooden buttons—as good a quality as any buttons I have purchased anywhere else.
stamps—images are smaller than I had anticipated, so I may or may not use them. As for quality, similar to any silicone stamps one might purchase at Michael’s or Hobby Lobby.
dsp paper—similar in quality to most one would find on a shelf at Joann, Michael’s, or Hobby Lobby. If you are expecting metallic or foils within the design, it isn’t in the paper I purchased. Photos are deceiving.
Overall experience: I’ve tried them once. Probably won’t spend my money there again, unless I see metal cutting dies in original designs that I just have to try once.
As for there being a presence in the U.S., I can’t verify that. My package shipped from Ontario, Canada, received seven days from date of order.
Watercolor Wizard

Received 494 Likes on 273 Posts

I recently got my first **** order. Mostly sort of crafty stuff. Blending brushes, makeup brushes, couple pairs of socks, and a Highland cow stuffed animal. One pair of socks were smallish, the other was fine. The cow looks scruffier than the picture, but I'll fluff it out some. It's still cute (and yes, it's for me- I like stuffed animals). I only ordered about $20 worth, to try them out. I'll order again. I'm satisfied with what I got.

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 04-10-2023 at 04:48 AM..
Glitter Guru

I got my order, and overall I was satisfied with it. The silicone strips I ordered work well enough, and the dies I ordered look good. Haven't used them yet. They are not a full A2 size, but big enough to use on a card; just not as big as sets I've bought from actual companies (won't cover the whole front of the card like A2 sized ones will), but for the price they are fine. I got a packet of 6x6 dsp,and it was pretty, and the pencil bag works fine. Went ahead and ordered me some clear document folders to seperate different card projects.
ozarkstamper (02-04-2023)
Old 02-04-2023, 06:08 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Received 132 Likes on 54 Posts

Same here - rec'd the order and have no regrets. The charms and metal gears are as expected. The ephemera and stickers had variety in theme and shapes. The detailed dies required using the precision plate and running through several times, but that seems to be the case for any detailed dies. Love the colorful design wooden buttons - now to remember to USE them. Someone had recommended the retractable "pen" cutting blades, but I haven't put them to use yet. Shipping was tracked and fast.

Now, will I order again? Maybe. The free shipping was enticing, but I don't know if that will last. **** reminds me of the dollar stores and crafts. I rarely go in them, but once in awhile I need some craft item that I know is very likely to be in the store. I now have an idea of what **** is a good source for; so I will keep that in mind. I thought of getting some flower stamens - but do I really need 300 of them!

As for buying from China, these products are the stuff of low to no skill assembly line workers, and I have no desire for the U.S. to assume that mode of production. In this particular case, out-sourcing makes sense. The U.S. should emphasize the production of the essentials that free us from being dependant on other countries, i.e. prescription drugs, semi-conductors, finely calibrated instruments.
The following 3 users liked this post by GypsyRoseStamper:
AScrapofKindness (02-08-2023), hoptownracer1 (02-04-2023), ozarkstamper (02-04-2023)
Old 02-07-2023, 05:03 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,123 Likes on 505 Posts

I clicked over from a Facebook post and immediately recognized pirated stamp sets from Stampin' Up and other US companies. No deal.
Vincent Van Gogh

The following 14 users liked this post by dini:
Alice in Md (02-07-2023), Arlene_C (03-15-2023), bobkitten (03-15-2023), cailinriley (03-14-2023), ChrisO (03-11-2023), fl_beachbum (04-10-2023), harvestmoon (03-12-2023), hoptownracer1 (03-13-2023), leibetty (02-09-2023), LizBeth1976 (02-13-2023), lynkim (08-28-2023), muscrat (02-15-2023), Ragtop (03-12-2023), sf9erfan (03-13-2023)
Old 03-11-2023, 06:19 PM   #13  
Glitter Guru

I had a very strange thing happen that I thought I would mention. I had pretty much decided not to buy anything else from their site, and while I was on facebook, their ad showed up.. I thought, well, I could use a box to hold some colored pencils, so I'll see what they have. So I was scrolling through their site, and I happened to notice that in the search box at the top of their site was two words that I use for a password on another site. I am not the type to go for conspiracy theories and what not, but that did not seem like a coincidence. And I wondered if they are somehow using that site to spy to get people's info on their computers. Maybe I am way out there, but why would that happen? It has been bothering me anyway, as to how they can sell things so cheap and ship them for free. They don't even make enough off of the items to cover shipping. Are they selling our info? I don't even want them sharing my name and address, much less my computer info. Am I nuts, or would you be thinking the same thing?
Needless to say, I won't be buying from them, and I think I will stick to reputable companies. I often buy from people and companies here also, but I do get tempted by the cheaper stuff sometimes. I do go to the Dollar Tree occasionally. But I also like supporting the artists and makers here.
I know a lot of the sites on the internet share shopping info with other sites to gear ads towards us, but that just seemed too strange!
The following 3 users liked this post by hoptownracer1:
Arlene_C (03-15-2023), cailinriley (09-01-2023), cnsteele (03-12-2023)
Old 03-12-2023, 09:51 AM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Yes, they have spied on you

We all should be extremely cautious about online security. "They" read your texts and emails, They monitor voice conversations around all our electronics. They follow your online shopping and buying. They know what TV you watch and video games you play. If you do the silly quizzes on Facebook, "they" are gathering date for their own purposes. You know that Pinterest knows what you like.
Grabbing a password from you is Scary! Don't ever allow an online store to Save Your Information as far as credit cards go. Yes, Alexa is listening. When something you mentioned in the room with Alexa immediately shows in your Facebook feed, you know you have been spied on!
The following 2 users liked this post by harvestmoon:
Arlene_C (03-15-2023), hoptownracer1 (03-12-2023)
Old 03-12-2023, 10:42 AM   #15  
Glitter Guru

I don't activate Alexa on any of my devices, but I guess it may still be active without me knowing about it. I have noticed that we will be talking about something, and then it will pop up on youtube or another site, so I assume the t.v. is spying on us. Crazy stuff!
Someone mentioned that I might should clean my cache. I think I will do that along with changing some passwords and running antispyware again.
I've known that facebook spies for some time, but from what I've read, once you use it, they always have access. And I didn't find out until I had already used it.
Mad Swapper

Received 495 Likes on 164 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by harvestmoonView Post
We all should be extremely cautious about online security. "They" read your texts and emails, They monitor voice conversations around all our electronics. They follow your online shopping and buying. They know what TV you watch and video games you play. If you do the silly quizzes on Facebook, "they" are gathering date for their own purposes. You know that Pinterest knows what you like.
Grabbing a password from you is Scary! Don't ever allow an online store to Save Your Information as far as credit cards go. Yes, Alexa is listening. When something you mentioned in the room with Alexa immediately shows in your Facebook feed, you know you have been spied on!
I am watching a pre-show for the Oscars today, and twice now the ad playing on TV has now shown up as banner ads here on SCS…I don’t have an Alexa, Google Assistant, or any other like it, so of course it is the devices (in this case, my iPad) doing the feeding. So much for Apple’s touting of anti-tracking.
hoptownracer1 (03-12-2023)
Old 03-12-2023, 11:49 PM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Smile

I was talking to a friend tonight and telling her all about it. I told her how they are stealing stamp designs from designers here, and she said, "If they are stealing from the designers, what makes you think they won't steal from you?" And I told her that she is so right!!!
It's not like I need any of it anyway. So it is actually for the best. Plus, I don't have to worry that I am buying something where the design was stolen from someone. Maybe God was trying to get my attention!
The following 4 users liked this post by hoptownracer1:
bobkitten (03-15-2023), cailinriley (03-14-2023), cnsteele (03-14-2023), fl_beachbum (03-17-2023)
Old 03-13-2023, 05:36 AM   #18  

If you have internet, chances are you have a router. Anything connected through your router is connected. Anything I search or watch, or anything my husband searches or watches, is visible on another device somewhere, whether it be tv, iPad, phone, computer, etc. and affects the ads either of us sees. Also, discussions we think we are having in private prompt ads to display. There has truly been no privacy in the U.S. since the Patriot Act was signed into law in 2001.
If you drive through any large city, you are also being tracked via cameras everywhere. If someone (anyone) calls you by phone, they can legally record the conversation without your permission or knowledge. Public schools have cameras. Stores have cameras. Farmers and conservation departments use cameras. Many people have camera systems on their homes. People carry cameras and recording devices, now very small, such as an ink pen in a pocket, or a pin on a blouse, shirt, or hat. You get the idea. There is no privacy.

Last edited by ozarkstamper; 03-13-2023 at 05:48 AM..
hoptownracer1 (03-13-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 10:00 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

I think **** is the same as **** with a different name. They seem to be very fishy and even have pictures taken directly from legitimate companies marketing materials and use them to sell the knock-off products.
I get together with a group almost monthly who have ordered from there and **** and Amazon (be careful there too because just because you are buying on the amazon website doesn't mean it's a good company selling the item
) and they have received stamps with missing words, bad spelling, bad grammar, etc.
I believe these companies are stealing pictures from legitimate companies and creating similar designs with not near the quality as the original designer.
As far as not buying anything made in China - good luck with that, and many good and decent US companies do outsource the manufacturing to China. It's always a best practice to buy direct from the company or through an authorized retailer or local store.
I will not be buying anything from **** or ****.

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 04-10-2023 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: spr
The following 9 users liked this post by Turkey1969:
Arlene_C (03-15-2023), bzzzeee (03-16-2023), cailinriley (03-14-2023), ChrisO (03-15-2023), cnsteele (03-14-2023), dini (03-14-2023), hoptownracer1 (03-14-2023), Springpatchlady (03-14-2023), whim6915 (03-14-2023)
Old 03-15-2023, 03:28 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

I clicked over and immediately recognized a Honeybee set and a Stacey Yacula set that were ripped off. Not buying ripoffs, no matter how cheap they are, or supporting a site that allows it. I am VERY vigilant when I buy things on Amazon, too. Who is the seller? If it's not a name I recognize, I move on. Some of the sellers represent themselves as selling name-brand items, but they fulfill the order with generic/knockoff products. Sad, but that's where we are now, unfortunately.

The following 8 users liked this post by gregzgurl:
Alice in Md (03-16-2023), Arlene_C (03-15-2023), bzzzeee (03-16-2023), Charlene78 (03-31-2023), ChrisO (03-15-2023), cnsteele (03-16-2023), hoptownracer1 (03-15-2023), Turkey1969 (03-23-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 06:32 PM   #21  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 732 Likes on 354 Posts

I never heard of them. Sounds like I have not missed anything. No interest in rip off companies.

What I cant stand is for a foreign company to open a US place/warehouse and then call themselves a US company. That is just deceptive. >:(

Look at Lydia's blog-I think she did switch out everything in her kitchen for US made.

I don't care about public cameras. I am not doing anything in public people cant see-which is a good thing since I pass hundreds, if not thousands, on the street around here.. And they are great for catching bad guys. And could be my alibi! LOL And considering what I have seen in public (ie outfits).....apparently a lot of people don't care who sees them either. LOL And for all I know, I could have been swept up in 20 tic toks yesterday.....esp if I was in line of sight with their food....what WTH is that about? A hamburger is a hamburger. Really? Please.

Now facial recognition.... The owner of Madison Sq Garden is in a fight now...he used it to block some fans from coming in-lawyers involved in cases against him. There is both court cases and legislation pending....plus it is pretty dumb to target lawyers in the first place. And I am betting he gets public funds. All the arenas here seem to bc I have a dumb bunny city.

But seriously...remember if you link up all your stuff....just saying. That bit about ads can happen just on one device. It is darn creepy. Isn't that the selling point for like Firefox and that other one? Sadly everyone under the sun is monetizing data.

Last edited by wavejumper; 03-16-2023 at 06:52 PM..
Cardstock Collector

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I won’t order from **** because they copy SU stamps sets & dies exactly. I have read they are smaller and the dies are thin. I’ve seen current SU sets for $1.29-$1.99.
I don’t need a thing from that company.

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 04-10-2023 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: SPR
MsGarden (04-09-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 04:41 AM   #23  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

This is a known rip-off site. Closing.
Turkey1969 (04-11-2023)
Closed Thread