Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-14-2016, 12:39 PM   #1  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread

Challenge Title: Start Spreadin' The News
Hostess: UnderstandBlue (Lydia)
Keyword: FF16UnderstandBlueA
Date: Sunday, October 9th

WHEEE! Welcome to the first Falliday Fest! We have some very exciting things lined up for you during this event, so have fun and be inspired!

I was born in upstate New York and also went to college there. And while I don't miss the snow and grey skies, I do miss the vivid painted landscapes of fall and the excitement of "the capitol of the world" - New York. So today's challenge is really a tribute to those two things.

Your assignment is to make a card with the brilliant colors of a New York fall AND with print - newsprint, book pages, or text. I've attached some fall foliage inspiration photos as well as the beautiful samples my co-hosts have made.

So go on and start spreadin' the news!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Falliday Fest Gallery HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31st, 2016 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives.

Thank you for participating in these card drives!
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-hamiltoncollege.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-vassaar2.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-celebrate.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzzfallidaysoct9_by_va_sunshine.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_lydia_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-frnt_20160928_181022_525_by_texasgrammy.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16understandbluea-newsy-f_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16understandbluea_by_simplybeautiful.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16understandbluea_by_jacqueline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16understandbluea_by_ashjoy.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16understandbluea_annsforte3_autumn_in_new_york_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_9_16_ff16understandbluea_by_shoe_girl.jpg  

Last edited by dini; 10-10-2016 at 05:21 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,119 Likes on 502 Posts

Challenge Title: Masquerade
Hostess: dini (Dina K)
Keyword: FF16diniA

Welcome to Falliday Fest! We're so excited about this opportunity to have fun together, share cards, and get ahead on our projects for the holiday season! We are so glad you're here. For my challenge, I was inspired by Halloween masks, which is odd because Halloween masks actually make me very uncomfortable... but I do love masking techniques! For my challenge, here's what you'll need to do:

1. Die cut (or hand cut) a shape or shapes out of wide painter's tape or masking paper.

2. Apply the masks to a piece of watercolor paper.

3. Create a background around the masks, using watercolors or sponged/stamped inks.

4. Let the background dry completely, then remove the tape to reveal the masked images.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31st, 2016 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. You can find all the details in the Falliday Fest Challenge Forum!

Thank you for participating in these card drives, and thanks to my amazing sample makers for their inspiration!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_5642.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16dinia_annsforte3_falling_leaves_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16dinia-let-snow-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sam_2795.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16dinia_by_jacqueline.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16dinia_by_simplybeautiful.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-fall_reasons_by_dr_sonja.png   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_9_16_ff16dinia_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff164_by_pattyb.jpg  
Vincent Van Gogh

Last edited by dini; 10-09-2016 at 05:09 AM..
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default May your joy...

Challenge Title: may your joy be as countless as the golden grain
Hostess: stamp_momma aka Lori Craig
Keyword: FF16stampmommaA

I am so delighted to be bringing you an opening challenge for our very first ever Falliday Fest at Splitcoaststampers. It's just the boost I needed to get my brain wrapped around the goodies and cards that I'll need through the next few months, and it's been so fun to revisit my beautiful collection of fall and Christmas stamps! So, thank you for joining us for the fun!

I have had the honor of living many beautiful places through the years, but I am a Kansan by birth and last year we returned to my homeland! I love it here. I love the rolling hills, the people and our deep roots in agriculture as the 'bread basket' of the world! My favorite time of year here is just before wheat harvest - which is actually in the spring - early June. But, the sea of amber waves of grain is a site to behold. I'm thankful!

My challenge for you is to create a thanksgiving card and include wheat in your image: stamp, hand-doodled, photo, you decide! I can't wait to see what you share! I've attached my sample and samples from my beautiful co-hosts for inspiration to get you started!

Thanks for playing!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
4. Please donate as many cards from this challenge as you can to our four Falliday Fest card drives. You can find all the details in the Falliday Fest Challenge Forum!

Thank you for participating in these card drives, and thanks to my amazing sample makers for their inspiration!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-give-thanks.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_9_16_ff16stampmommaa_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16stampmommaa_annsforte3_give_thanks_wheat_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16stampmommaa_annsforte3_thankful_wheat_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16stampmommaa_by_ashjoy.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16stampmommaamjo_by_scraperwannabe.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16stampmommaa-wheat-thank_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff163_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_5457_by_lmcaree.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_lori_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-loricraig-falliday-thread-sample.jpg  

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team

Last edited by stamp_momma; 10-09-2016 at 05:32 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Challenge Title: Happy Holly Days
Hostess: Holly (hbrown)
Keyword: FF16hbrown
Date: Monday, October 10, 2016

Good morning, lovely stampers!!! Today is the second day of the Falliday challenges, and I'm so excited to share my challenge with you. My favorite holiday is Christmas. I was born shortly before Christmas, and, as the story goes, I went home from the hospital in a Christmas stocking.

When it came time to think of an idea for my challenge, I saw my little collection of "Happy Holly Days" stamps, and the lightbulb went off. Thus, the title of my challenge is Happy Holly Days, and I want to see your creations with holly leaves and holly berries.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-holly-challenge.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sam_2803.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16hbrown-holly-days-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-frnt_20161004_154650_525_by_texasgrammy.png   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzzfallidaysoct10_by_va_sunshine.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_5458_1_by_lmcaree.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16hbrown_by_jacqueline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16hbrown_annsforte3_wonderful_holly_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_10_16_ff16hbrown_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff162_by_pattyb.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16hbrownmjo_by_scraperwannabe.jpe   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16hbrown_annsforte3_holly_and_candles_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16hbrown_by_ashjoy.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16hbrown_by_simplybeautiful.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_2574_by_cakath.jpg  

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,177 Likes on 1,815 Posts
Default Christmas Angel ~ FF16annsforte3 ~ Monday, October 10, 2016

Challenge Title: Christmas Angel using my template.
Hostess: annsforte3 (Ann)
Keyword: FF16annsforte3
Date: Monday, October 10, 2016

Welcome to Falliday Fest 2016!!

When I think of the Christmas holiday I immediately think of our beautiful Christmas trees over the years. Every year the final touch to our trees, even growing up, was the gorgeous Christmas angel that topped the tree. The angel was always wrapped, stored, and treasured from year to year.

So keeping in mind this tradition, my challenge to you is to make an angel card or ornament angel, using the attached pattern pieces. Please read all instructions before beginning.

The pattern pieces are attached below for you to trace and cut out on your favorite designer paper or card stock. They consist of wings, small circle for face � cut on white card-stock, larger circle for halo �cut using gold card-stock or color with gold gel pen, arms, and bow. Final touch cut a, 1 x 2 piece of card-stock for the music folder that the angel is holding. (Note you may substitute other items for the music folder.)

For the A2 angel card , fold the body as if to make a loose cone shape. Flatten the piece and glue the two pieces together underneath. Next, cut the wings into two pieces (right down the center), set the body of the angel on your card (do not glue down yet) and place the wings behind the body, so they fan away from the body and are visible. Glue the wings in position and then glue the body down. Cut the smallest circle out of white card-stock for the angel�s face. Draw on your desired expression. Using a circle punch or the face circle cutout the center for the halo. Glue the face to the halo, only at the bottom, so that the face may angle forward. Now, glue the angel face and halo piece to the top front of the body. Place the bow under the face and glue down. Attach a gold button to the center of the bow for decoration.

For the angel ornament or stand up decoration: Cut out your body piece and emboss it if desired. Take the body piece and run it over the edge of a table to soften and curve the piece.

Using strong adhesive or tape, make a cone shape and glue together. I usually overlap and match up two sections of scallops and glue the piece together. This provides extra strength for your angel. There will be an opening still at the top. If making this as an ornament cut the desired length of string, place the string down into the body and glue down. Place a piece of card stock over the ends of the string for support. For the wings, DO NOT cut the piece into two, glue to the top back of the body, molding them to the shape of the body.

To finish your ornament or stand up angel follow the directions for the angel card adding the rest of the pieces.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE!
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread HERE!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Thank you for participating in Falliday Fest 2016!

Many thanks to all of my sample makers, you are so very thoughtful!!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16annsforte3-annsforte3-blue-snowflake-angels.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16annsforte3-annsforte3-plaid-angels.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16annsforte3-annsforte3-shimmery-gold-angels.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16annsforte3-annsforte3-golden-rose-white-angel.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_2228_by_cakath.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16annsforte3-merry-little_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_10_16_ff16annsforte3_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff1623_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16annsforte3_by_simplybeautiful.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf angel part -t colored.pdf (60.5 KB, 86 views)
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Smear, Smudge, & Shine!
byTexasGrammy - Bev
Keyword: FF16TexasGrammy
Date: Tuesday, October 11th

Smear, Smudge, & Shine! - Here we go!
Let's get a little less structured with this challenge. Using VersaMark or pigment inks, smear and/or smudge the ink on your card stock, or textured C/S (card stock), or printed paper. You can use the ink pad itself for the process, or use sponges, daubers, or even fingers to move the 'sticky' ink. Once the C/S is inked, heat emboss those areas! This can be your background layer or a panel, or even use this for die-cut shapes on your card or project. Enjoy!

* CLICK HERE FOR THE FF16TexasGrammy GALLERY

* View the Falliday Fest Gallery HERE

* Come on along & join in the Falliday Fun! Click here to view the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread here!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS: a.k.a. How to get right in the middle of the action!

Thank you bunches & bunches for participating in these card drives!

Many Texas-sized (((hugggsss))) and Thanks to my amazing sample makers:
Lori McAree, Dr. Sonja, Ann (annsforte3), Patty Bombyk, Lisa (Shoe Girl), Jacqueline, Holly, Kathy, and Ceal! WOW!!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-lmcaree.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-texasgrammy-dr_sonja.png   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-annsforte3_santa_in_the_stary_skies.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff169_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16texasgrammy-shoe_girl.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16texasgrammy-jacqueline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-1-ff16texasgrammy_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16texasgrammy-hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-cakath.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16texasgrammy-ceal.jpg  

VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Challenge Title: Snowy Leaves
Hostess: LuvLee (Lee)
Keyword: FF16LuvLee
Date: Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2016

My FAVORITE time of year!!!! Snow!!! And watching the Fall leaves turn and sipping on hot cocoa and listening to the woodstove crackle!

There are so many leaves that are made even more gorgeous with some snow or frost gracing them.

That said....your challenge is to make some frosty, snowy leaves! However you'd like to interpret that! It's all up to you! Just have some chilly fun!!!

I used some gold shimmer powder in a spritzer and made the background before stamping the leaves with versamark and embossed with white powder, making the snowy leaves!! Pearls for the berries? Of course!! They're all snow covered after all!!!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

~~ Thank you to my SUPER fabby sample makers!!!! ~~
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sam_2828.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ceal.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-holly.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-misti.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-lisa.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-teresa.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ann.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Challenge Title: JOY Fold Card
Hostess: bejoyce, Barbara Joy Joyce
Keyword: FF16bejoyce
Date: Wednesday, October 12, 2016

***************CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION*******************
Welcome to day four of our Falliday Fest, and welcome to my JOYful challenge!

Many, many years ago, when I was born, my parents named me Barbara Joy. Twenty-one years later, I married Jim Joyce and became Barbara Joy Joyce (yes, really!). Maybe that's why I've always enjoyed making Joy Fold Cards!

So for today's challenge, I'm asking you to make a JOY FOLD card. Here's a Joy Fold Card tutorial complete with dimensions and a video.

Have fun, and thanks for playing in my challenge! And a huge thank you to my sample makers for their inspiration! Your cards are wonderful!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16bejoyce_by_bejoyce.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16bejoyceopen_by_bejoyce.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16bejoyce_annsforte3_joyful_angel_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16bejoyce_by_jacqueline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16bejoyce_inside_by_jacqueline.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-bejoyce_by_dr_sonja.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff167_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_12_12_ff16bejoyce_by_shoe_girl.jpeg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-blessedjoy_by_scrapacat.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16bejoyce-sweet-cmas1-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16bejoyce-sweet-cmas2-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg  
SCS Fan Club Member
Color Challenge Team Member
QFTD215
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts

Challenge Title: Monogram It!
Hostess: jacqueline (Jacqueline Valade)
Keyword: FF16jacqueline
Date: Thursday, October 13, 2016

Happy Fallidays!!! Today we're going to make monogrammed gifts and/or cards. Use your alphabet stamps, stencils, stickers, rub-ons, game tiles, etc. to make a monogrammed card or gift. If you're extra artistic, you can even create your own hand-drawn or calligraphy letters. You can also decorate a giant papier mache, wooden or canvas letter or get creative and make your own. Google "monogram ideas"...you will be amazed at some of the cool projects. Include in your write up if you're gifting yourself or someone else.

Check out the cool monogram gift ideas and the beauties made by my sample makers for inspiration.

Have fun, and thanks for playing in my challenge - I can't wait to see your creations. Happy Fallidays!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31, 2016 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-lily-pulitzer.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-crayon-monograms-1.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-rolled-paper-s.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_13_12_ff16jacqueline_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16jacqueline-ashjoy.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16jacqueline_annsforte3_ann_s_bookmark_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16jacqueline-paisley-b-hb_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff166_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_jacqueline2_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzzfallidaysoct13_by_va_sunshine.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-monogram_by_bejoyce.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-vicki-ff16jacqueline_by_basement_stamper2.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16jacqueline.jpg  

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 826 Likes on 582 Posts

Challenge Title: Whoo Loves You!
Hostess: Shoe Girl (Lisa)
Keyword: FF16ShoeGirl
Date: Thursday, October 13th

When I think of the holidays I think of getting together with loved ones and reflect on the love we have for each other.

My challenge for you is to think of Whoo Loves You and create an Owl card!

View the gallery for this challenge: HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Thank you for participating in these card drives! Thank you to the amazing sample makers for my challenge. I really appreciate the wonderful samples.
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sam_2830.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_13_16_ff16shoe_girl_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16shoegirl_annsforte3_a_good_conversation_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16shoegirl_annsforte3_i_love_christmas_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16shoegirl_by_bejoyce.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff165_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-shoegirl_by_dr_sonja.png  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Challenge Title: Patriotic Thank You
Card Drive to benefit Operation Quiet Comfort
Hostess: Jeanne S
Keyword: FF16JeanneS
Date: Thursday, October 14th

Today's drive benefits Operation Quiet Comfort - an amazing organization whose sole purpose is to provide love and gratitude for ill and injured members of our military.

From their website:

"
Operation Quiet Comfort exists solely for the purpose of honoring and comforting America�s military men and women who become sick and injured while serving in harm�s way. We also provide support to those who care for them."

For this card drive, you are asked to send
blank, patriotic thank you cards with NO GLITTER and NO ENVELOPES.

This card destination has approved year round donations, and so they will remain in our Cards for a Cause forum as an ongoing recipient.

Please send cards to:

Diane Schneider
12 Wave Lane
Carolina Shores, NC 28467

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Thank you for participating in these card drives, and thanks to my sample makers for their inspiration!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-patriotic-thanks.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-patriotic-thanks-jeanne_streiff.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16jeannes_annsforte3_patriotic_star_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16jeannes_annsforte3_patriotic_sunburst_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16jeannesmjo_by_scraperwannabe.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16jeannes-thank-you-stars_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16jeannes_by_jacqueline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff1616_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_5463_by_lmcaree.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jeannes_by_dr_sonja.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_patriotic2_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzzfallidaysoct14_by_va_sunshine.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sam_2844.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sam_2845.jpg  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Challenge Title: Colors of Fall
Hostess: Simplybeautiful (Ceal)
Keyword: FF16Simplybeautiful
Date: Thursday October 14, 2016

Fall is my favorite time of the year with the crisp cool mornings and nights, and the changing of the leaves, it's all so beautiful!!
So for my challenge I challenge you to make a card using the colors of fall colors and blending them together.
I have attached a couple of fall picture from the Blue Ridge parkway near my house for inspiration.

Thanks to all my sample makers for their gorgeous samples!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_5609.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16simplybeautiful.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sam_2793.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16simplybeautiful_annsforte3_colorful_thanks_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16simplybeautiful_annsforte3_fruitful_thanks_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16simplybeautiful_by_jacqueline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16simplybeautiful-fall-gi_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16simplybeautifulmjo_by_scraperwannabe.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff1615_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_14_16_ff16simplybeautiful_by_shoe_girl.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_ceal_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Challenge Title: What's Your Texture?
Hostess: LMcAree (Lori)
Keyword: FF16LMcAree
Date: Saturday, October 15th, 2016
I love fall, it has always been my favorite time of the year, from the warm colors, the smells of autumn, the leaves, the bumps on the pumpkins to the fuzzy sweaters and cozy blankets! My challenge is to add texture to your project! You could use an embossing folder, texture/embossing paste, burlap, liquid applique, an impression plate distressing, or a Copic technique. Anything you can think of to add texture! Have fun and I cannot wait to see what you come up with!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

And a big shout out to my sample makers, thank you so much!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_5742.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_5464_by_lmcaree.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_15_16_ff16lmcaree_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16lmcaree-burlap-thanksgi_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16lmcaree_by_bejoyce.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16lmcaree_annsforte3_dream_beads_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16lmcaree_annsforte3_snowy_delivery_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff1614_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzzfallidaysoct15_by_va_sunshine.jpg  

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog

Last edited by dini; 10-16-2016 at 02:50 AM..
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Challenge Title: Lights of the Seasons
Hostess: Scrapacat (Ky)
Keyword: FF16Scrapacat
Date: Saturday, October 15, 2016

I just love the way light changes in the fall and winter. There are colors in the leaves that are amazing, then we put up all sorts of lights around the Christmas season. My challenge for you is to use the Bokeh technique around the edges of a die cut or stencil.

There are a few ways to achieve this - use the SCS tutorial Watercolor Bokeh or the Bokeh Background tutorial. My challenge is a little twist on these tutorials - I only want your bokeh to be outside your shape. You can stamp a greeting or image inside the shape you used. It's playtime! See what you can learn!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-annsforte3_angel.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-bokehthanks.jpg  
I Blog at The BunnyNest
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 565 Likes on 452 Posts

Challenge Title: Gift Card Holder
Hostess: Scraperwannabe (Misti)
Keyword: FF16scraperwannabe
Date: Sunday, October 16, 2016

I find myself giving more & more gift cards for gifts. My challenge to you is to make a gift card holder. You may use any pattern that you want & make it for any holiday you would like.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-falliday-gc-holder.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16scraperwannabemjo.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16scraperwannabe-cmas-tre_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16scraperwannabe_by_jacqueline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_2555_by_cakath.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_2556_by_cakath2.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_16_16_ff16scraperwannabe_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_5461_by_lmcaree.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16scraperwannabe_closed_by_bejoyce.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16scraperwannabe_annsforte3_front_pop_up_gift_card_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16scraperwannabe_annsforte3_money_elvies_by_annsforte3.jpg  
Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Challenge Title: Pink Christmas Inspiration Board
Hostess: va.sunshine-teresa kline
Keyword: ff16va.sunshine
Date: Sunday October, 16s

Welcome to the falliday deft challenges...I am super duper excited about the first falliday fest! My challenge is an inspiration/mood board for you to work with, your creation must be inspired by the photo...easy, peasy...have fun!

Also, this year you have the option of sending donated cards to four different organizations, look for the details on that...this is near and dear to my heart...this makes me big happy!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 24th, 2016 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.

Thank you for participating in these card drives and thank you so very much to each and every one of my sample makers!

lydia, ann, holly, jacqueline, barbara, lisa, bev, misti, patty, lee, and myself

here is the link to the inspiration/mood board
love print studio blog-a sparkly christmas
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzzfallidaysoct16.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-o-christmas-tree.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16va_sunshine_annsforte3_pastel_winter_scene_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-holly.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jacqueline.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-barbara-.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_16_16_ff16va_sunshine_by_shoe_girl-1-.jpeg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-bev.png   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-misti.jpeg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-patt.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-lee.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzfallidaysoct16a.jpg  
designing for
verve stamps, sunday stamps, inspired by, and as you see it challenges
AMAZON shopping

Philippians 4:6-7

Looking for a place to send your stash of cards? Check out Cards For A Cause
Help US Help Others!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 359 Likes on 185 Posts

Challenge Title: For the Love of Pets
Hostess: CAKath (Kathy)
Keyword: FF16CAKath
Date: Sunday, October 16th

WELCOME to our first Falliday Fest 2016. Today's challenge is pretty special because we offer the option of supporting the Tri-County Humane Society by mailing them your card.

Today is about our pets! We will be sending blank Thank You cards to the Tri-County Humane Society in Minnesota!

"The Tri-County Humane Society (TCHS) operates an independent non-profit animal shelter in St. Cloud, MN. The TCHS has been providing quality services to the people and animals of Central Minnesota since 1974.

Some of their services include care for homeless animals, pet adoption, pet lost and found, and humane education. They also provide knowledgeable answers to questions regarding pet care, behavior and many other animal related issues."

This destination is approved for receiving thank you cards throughout the year, so you will find this destination in the Cards for a Cause forum at the conclusion of Falliday Fest.

Send blank Thank You cards with envelopes to:

Karen Howard
9088 Country Avenue
Monticello, MN 55362

Many of us have some pretty special pets at home that are a part of our family. Whether it's a fluffy cat or a scaly reptile, our pets bring joy to our every day. For that reason, we want to support a group who provides support and care to animals.

The challenge is to create a thank you card with your pet or favorite animal on it. Since this is a holiday challenge thread, extra hugs for making this a holiday card with a pet on it. And, let's fill the gallery with a photo of your pet along with a photo of your challenge card. I'd love to meet those creatures that give you that unconditional love!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16cakath_annsforte3_husky_thanks_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzzfallidaysoct17_by_va_sunshine.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-cakath_by_dr_sonja.png   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_17_16_ff16cakath_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16cakath_by_jacqueline.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_2211.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_0216.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_1547.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-humane_by_scrapacat.gif   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_2550.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sam_2811.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-thank-you-so-much.jpg  
Glitter Guru

Challenge Title: Milagros - Folk Art Traditions
Hostess:
rgrohall (I'm Rebecca!)
Keyword: FF16rgrohall

Date:
Monday, October 17th

On a recent trip to the Land o� Lydia (aka Texas) while shopping, I came across a whole wall of Milagros metalwork for your home (or office). Now you are probably wondering -what is a milagro? Milagro means "miracle" and once upon a time milagros represented wishes and thanks offered in prayers. They are traditional Hispanic folk art.

Your card challenge is to incorporate metal, foil, tin, metallic cardstock or even metallic paint into your project. Choose a traditional �Milagros� symbol of a heart, eyes, hands, crowns, praying figures or other objects with a symbolic meaning. Holidays are a wonderful time for us to give thanks or ask for prayers for family and friends.

Some ideas of ways you can work this into your project:

Embossing on Metal (this Splitcoast Tutorial shows you the basics: Metal Flower Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers)
Metallic card stock (pattern created, attached)
Aluminum foil adhered to cardstock
Jewelry charms
Metallic paint
Faux Patina (this Splitcoast tutorial shows you the basics: Faux Patina Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers)

Soda cans (this Splitcoast Tutorial shows you the basics of working with soda cans: Pop Stars Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers)
Foil tape (this Splitcoast tutorial will show you the basics Faux Metal Figures Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_5696.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-rgrohall_by_dr_sonja.png   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16rgrohall_annsforte3_milagro_anniversary_hearts_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16rgrohall_annsforte3_milagro_hearts_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_17_16_ff16rgrohall_by_shoe_girl.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-milagros.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16rgrohall_by_jacqueline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_20161004_174717_by_pattyb.jpg  

Challenge Title: Felted Paper!
Hostess: pattyb > Patty
Keyword: FF16pattybA
Date: Tuesday, 10/18/16

Are you all enjoying Falliday fest 2016 so far? You are up to the 20th challenge give yourself a pat on the back!Here's what we're going to do taday
Break out some pretty Fall/Holiday napkins and create a Felted paper look. There are a couple of ways to do this: Here is Lydia's tutorial > Felted Cardstock Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers
OR if you're like me and have an allergy to ironing ;) simply use spray on adhesive or mod podge!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-felted-dove.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff1618.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff1619.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff1620.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff1621.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16pattyb_annsforte3_pumpkin_harvest_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16pattyb-joy-napkin-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_18_16_ff16pattyba_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-frnt1_20161008_161723_525_by_texasgrammy.png   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ffpattyba_by_luvlee.jpg  

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Kookie Creator

Default FF16Stampingcrazy

Challenge Title: Snow Much Glitter
Hostess: stamping_crazy (Yvette)
Keyword: FF16Stampingcrazy
Date: Tuesday, October 18th

Hope you all are LOVING the Falliday Fest! I live on the border of Minnesota and North Dakota. When it is the dead of winter, and it is SUPER cold, we sometimes get hoarfrost, or we sometimes even get freezing rain. What is hoarfrost you say? It is a grayish-white crystalline deposit of frozen water vapor formed in clear still weather on vegetation, fences, etc. But, it is absolutely gorgeous, and nearly impossible to photograph to capture all the beauty. We call it "snow diamonds". When we get freezing rain it is very dangerous (obviously) but it is even more beautiful than the frost. Imagine looking at the trees and snow drifts and having them just sparkle in the sunlight like they are covered in fairy dust. That's what it looks like. So.....

My challenge is to create a snowy winter scene and make it look like snow diamonds. Use glitter, sparkly embossing powder, stickles, or anything else to make your scene sparkle like you are looking at a North Dakota landscape after a January freezing rain. :rolleyes:

Thank you all for participating and playing along with the challenges!

Have fun creating! - Yvette

Hoarfrost on a chain-link fence:

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_5661.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_18_16_ff16stampingcrazy_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16stampingcrazy.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16stampingcrazy_annsforte3_diamond_village_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16stampingcrazy_annsforte3_frosty_swirls_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16stampingcrazy_by_jacqueline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16stampingcrazy_by_simplybeautiful.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16stampingcrazy-glitter-s_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_20161010_101347_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzzfallidaysoct18_by_va_sunshine.jpg  

Splitcoast Challenge Host

Default Do You Want to Build a Snowman

Challenge Title: Do you want to build a Snowman

Hostess: KelliJo (Kelli Jo lol)

Keyword: FF16KelliJo

Date: Wednesday, October 19th

HAPPY FALLIDAY PEEPS!!!!! It's my turn to challenge you for this AWESOME Falliday Challenge.

I will admit, I'm late to the FROZEN party, but HEY! My grandbaby is ADDICTED to all things Frozen, she's 19 months old.... yes, she sings as good as I do LOL But.... for those that thought they were beyond it, NOPE! For those like me that thought you would ESCAPE IT.... NOPE NOPE!!!!

I created my card with a variety of dies, small circles, the Snowy Fun hat die from Stampin Up, retired wavy ribbon stuff, Nuvo Crystal Drops, retired beads, Stampendous Frontage, CC Designs holly dies, snips of paper and my #1 favorite item EVER from the new catalog.... STICKY STRIPS!!!!!

SO, create your card building a snowman. Yep, BUILD one, TRY and not use a stamp that has an existing snowman, but create one using dies, stickers, glitter you name it.... Of course the most important it to play along and HAVE FUN so if all you have is a stamp then I say GO FORTH AND STAMP!!!!!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sam_2813.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_0816.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_19_16_ff16kellijo_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16kellijo_annsforte3_snowman_blues_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16kellijo_annsforte3_snowman_circles_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16kellijo_annsforte3_stripes_and_snowman_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16kellijo_annsforte3_swirls_and_santa_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16kellijo_by_jacqueline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16kellijo_by_simplybeautiful.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16kellijo-cmas-snowmen-hb_by_hbrown.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_20161010_101425_by_pattyb.jpg  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy
Default Unique use of stamp set

Challenge Title: Not everything is what it seems.....
Hostess: Ashjoy (Joyce)
Keyword:FF16ashjoy
Date: 10/19/2016

Hello everyone! Happy Falliday Fun! I hope you are having a fun time creating some awesome projects this year! I know those that will receive them will love them and appreciate them so much.

My challenge is very easy, you have more then enough supplies and get to use whatever you want! Just pull out a stamp set that hasn't seen ink in a while, or yet (you know you have them!) and make a card. The twist is it has to be a card that is different from the original intent of the stamp set. Ideas:
Use a Christmas set for a Birthday card
Use a Mother's Day set for a masculine card
Use a spring set for a holiday card.

You've got the idea, go forth and get inky!

Hugs,
Joyce

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16ashjoy.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-1.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-2.png   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-vicki_ff16ashjoy_.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sam_2832.jpg  

Default Bright Star Center Card Drive

Challenge Title: Like a Diamond in the Sky
Hostess: Edna15 (EDNA)
Keyword: FF16Edna15
Date: Sunday, October 20th

Well this challenge is extra special in that it supports organisations that provide care and guidance to our youth in one of their most difficult times, that of grief! I remember very clearly the difference grief counseling services made for a friend of mine when her husband was tragically killed. Amazing, caring, skilled professionals helped two young children to deal with the loss of their Dad and move forward in life, as I am sure happens every day at places like the Bright Star Center in the USA and A Friend's Place in Australia. THANK YOU SO MUCH for participating in this card drive, I know your little creations will be so well received! Find out more about these great organisations at this link, including where to post your little packets of love off to!!

Your assignment today calls for brightly coloured birthday cards that feature a star or number of stars representing the person the child is grieving for who is no doubt shining bright like a diamond in the sky! Cards should suit children who are between 2 years of age and a young adult.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ton.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sam_2801.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzzfallidaysoct20_by_va_sunshine.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16edna15_annsforte3_balloon_wishes_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16edna15_annsforte3_katarina_wishes_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16edna15_by_jacqueline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-aurora_by_rgrohall.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16edna15.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_edna_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg  

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Challenge Title: Blue Christmas
Hostess: Kathy (scs Kathleen Curry)
Keyword: FF16KathleenCurry
Date: Thursday October 20th

CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION:

My favorite Christmas song has always been Blue Christmas, the Elvis version! My challenge is to create a blue Christmas card. I can't wait to see what you all create!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Thanks so much to all of the ladies who made these gorgeous samples, they are all amazing!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-santa-edit-x.png   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sam_2800.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16kathleen_curry_by_jacqueline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_20161010_101506_by_pattyb.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_20_16_ff16kathleen_curry_by_shoe_girl.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16kathleen_curry_annsforte3_blue_forest_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16kathleen_curry_annsforte3_blue_skies_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16kathleen_curry_annsforte3_leaving_you_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16kathleencurry_by_simplybeautiful.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16kathleencurry-blue-kink_by_hbrown.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-picture5_by_stamping_crazy.png   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-bluechristmas_by_kathleen_curry.jpg  

Challenge Title: It's Apple Time!
Hostess: pattyb > Patty
Keyword: FF16pattybB
Date: Friday 10/21/16

Our 26th challenge! Fall in our house is apples and baking! So that brought me to thinking of one of our first fall "go to" dishes. Apple Crisp! Whether alone, with whipped cream, or a scoop of ice cream, it's worth turning the oven on!

Now there is no right or wrong to this! Simply think of the colors of apple crisp, the shades of browns, the color of your choice of apples, or use the photo literally! It's all good!

SO..... This is part inspiration and part following a holiday baking recipe challenge.
Based on the photo of this lovely Apple crisp, make a card that has the colors of apples (your choice of red yellow or green), vanilla or white, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Use the ingredients and photo to come up with your project.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-homemade-apple-crisp.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzzfallidaysoct21_by_va_sunshine.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16pattyb_annsforte3_give_thanks_harvest_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_21_16_ff16pattybb_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_20161017_144152.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16pattybb-sunflower-smile_by_hbrown.jpg  

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Challenge Title: ARE YOU A GOOD WITCH OR A BAD WITCH?
Hostess: naturecoastcrafter (Jean)
Keyword: FF16naturecoastcrafter
Date: Friday, October 21, 2016

Welcome back! Are you having fun? Let's see if we can add to this party! Do you remember when Glinda asked Dorothy, in THE WIZARD OF OZ, "Are you a good witch or a bad witch?" Well, inquiring minds want to know. Are YOU a good witch or a bad witch?
Challenge Instructions: Make a card or project reflecting your preference--Team Glinda, the good witch OR Team Elphaba, the bad witch (OR just maybe you are a little bit of both). Your creations do not have to be Halloween themed. Just have fun with your ideas!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Thank you for participating in these card drives, and huge thanks to my sample makers, Understandblue, jacqueline, DrSonja, annsforte3, ShoeGirl, LuvLee, and Scraperwannabe for their inspiration!
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-team-bad-witch.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16naturecoastcrafter_annsforte3_cats_and_witches_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16naturecoastcrafter_annsforte3_i_m_i_good_or_bad_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16naturecoastcrafter_by_jacqueline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-naturecoastcrafter1_by_dr_sonja.png  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_megood_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-jhc_mespooky_by_naturecoastcrafter.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_21_16_ff16naturecoastcrafter_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16naturecoastcrafter_by_luvlee.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16naturecraftermjo1_by_scraperwannabe.jpg  

Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,119 Likes on 502 Posts

Challenge Title: Iced Gingerbread
Hostess: dini (Dina K)
Keyword: FF16diniB
Date: Saturday, October 22

I can't believe this is the last day of challenges for our first ever Falliday Fest! We hope you've had fun, and had a chance to give a few cards and stash a few too! Remember you have until the 31st to finish up and push for Yeti status... and then... prizes!

This challenge is a easy one for our final day, inspired by holiday gingerbread cookies! I love the look of plain gingerbread with thin lines of white icing.

Let's recreate the look with white embossing on kraft cardstock! Make a one-layer card with a kraft-colored base, and emboss a line image using white powder. You can color the image in, or leave it as is. That's it!

We are actually moving into our new house today, so if I'm quiet in the thread, that's why! I'll check in and comment when I can.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Thank you for participating in these card drives, and huge thanks to my sample makers for their inspiration!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16dinib_annsforte3_iced_gingerbread_neighborhood_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16dinib_by_bejoyce.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16dinib_by_luvlee.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_22_16_ff16dinib_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sam_2925.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16dinib-iced-dove-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-picture9_by_stamping_crazy.jpg  
Vincent Van Gogh

Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Hard Candy Christmas

Challenge Title: Hard Candy Christmas
Hostess: stamp_momma (Lori)
Keyword:FF16stampmommaB
Date:Saturday, October 22

When I was a little girl and until a few years ago, my grandma made these amazing homemade Christmas candy trays for us every single year. My brother's favorite candy on the tray was a homemade peanut butter ball (which I now make for him each year), but mine was always a candy "strawberry" that my grandma had made for me since I was a little girl. She originally got the recipe (below) from a co-worker at Montgomery (Monkey :p) Wards back in the 70s when she was a key-punch operator. We've always called them BettyReece's Strawberries and to me, they are a special part of Christmas. I miss my grandma's Christmas candy trays... it's always a Hard-Candy Christmases now ... with sweet, sweet memories.

My challenge is to create a card with the word prompt: Hard Candy Christmas. This could be image, color, embellishment. The choice is yours, I played off of the color of my favorite Christmas candy....

BettyReece's Strawberry Candy

2 small packages of strawberry jello
pinch of salt
3/4 cup Eagle Brand milk (sweetened condensed)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans)
1 cup shredded coconut

Mix all ingredients and roll into bite-size balls. Pinch at one end to form a strawberry shape and roll in red decorator sugar. Place on wax paper to harden. Enjoy!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Thank you for participating in these challengers, much appreciation to each of our amazing hostesses over the last two weeks and a BIG shout out of thanks to my sample makers for their gorgeous inspiration![/QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-sam_2797.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_22_16_ff16stampmommab_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16stampmommab_annsforte3_candy_cane_christmas_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16stampmommab_by_bejoyce.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16stampmommab_by_luvlee.jpg  

Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-hardcandy_by_scrapacat.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-zzzzfallidaysoct22_by_va_sunshine.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_5585.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-img_5675.jpg  

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Challenge Title: Melted Snow
Hostess: UnderstandBlue aka Lydia
Keyword: FF16UnderstandBlueB
Date: Saturday, October 22nd

Okay, since I started this challenge in New York, I'll end it in New York.

When I was in college in Rochester, before we got SPRING, we got "spring". That period of time in which the formerly beautiful snow is melty, grey, slushy and full of salt from the roads. Most definitely not its finest hour.

We just grit our teeth and held on for lilacs.

So I thought today, in honor of melting H20, we should try some salted watercolor.

To do this technique, you just need a water-based medium. Water-based dye inks work, and so do watercolors. If you are using traditional watercolor, please note that the more pure pigment you have down on the paper, the better the results. Also, the larger the salt crystal the better - I like to use flaked sea salts.

View the gallery for this challenge HERE
We do have a tutorial in the tutorials section for this technique here.

I did a half sheet of watercolor paper, and then die cut it to make Christmas ornaments. I can't wait to see what you do!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than October 31, 2016 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16understandblueb_angel_blue_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16understandblueb_annsforte3_snowman_party_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-ff16understandblueb_by_jacqueline.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-10_22_16_ff16understandblueb_by_shoe_girl.jpg   Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread-salt-ornaments.jpg  

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 10-24-2016 at 09:06 AM..