Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2023, 09:19 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts
Default 2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread

This is now Kim's spot that I will fill in for her! Thank you for helping me Kim!!

Challenge Title: Cozy Flannel
Hostess: berlycece (Kim)
Keyword: FF23berlycece
Date: Monday, October 23, 2023

Cozy flannel: use a layer or strip of actual plaid or flannel fabric

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Falliday Fest Gallery HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 10, 2023 at 12:00 Noon Central Time.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Thank you for participating!

Last edited by luvtostampstampstamp; 10-23-2023 at 05:30 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
DancesWithHooves (10-28-2023)
Old 10-12-2023, 10:12 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,193 Likes on 1,826 Posts
Wink FF23annsforte3 ~ Monday, Oct. 23, 2023

Challenge Title: Peeking Snowman
Hostess: annsforte3 aka Ann
Keyword: FF23annsforte3
Welcome to Falliday Fest 2023!
I love to make holiday cards and especially love snowmen!! I even have snowman holiday dinner plates and lots of snowmen to decorate the house for the holidays!!

My challenge for all of you is to use only a portion of one of your snowman images or dies and peek him or her out of a snowbank, window, or any other item that hinds a portion of your snowman. Extra cookies for falling snow on your cards!!

Have fun and many thanks to all of my outstanding sample makers! So appreciate you!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than November 10, 2023 at 12:00 Noon Central Time.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23annsforte3-ccc23oct-annsforte3-candycane-peeks.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23annsforte3-ccc23oct-annsforte3-two-peeking.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23annsforte3-ccc23oct-annsforte3-similing-peeks.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23annsforte3-ccc23oct-annsforte3-peeking-behind-snowflakes.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23annsforte3_by_gutsport56.jpg  

2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-frnt_wm_falliday_img_3967_700_by_texasgrammy.png  

Last edited by luvtostampstampstamp; 10-23-2023 at 05:05 AM..
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
DancesWithHooves (10-25-2023), gutsport56 (10-24-2023)
Old 10-12-2023, 11:19 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,762 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Challenge Title: Really Stamp It!
Hostess: jkanack aka Jean Bean the Dancing Queen
Keyword: FF23jkanack

I love REAL postage stamps. So my challenge to you is to make a fall or winter card (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years are great but not required) and include as embellishment a REAL POSTAGE STAMP. You certainly can use postal rubber stamp images but, in addition, I want to see a REAL POSTAGE STAMP, CANCELLED OR UNUSED. Ideally, the stamp you include has something to do with the theme of your card. If you want to include more than one, go for it! Make that REAL OR CANCELLED POSTAGE STAMP an important item on your card.
***EXTRA CANDY CANES CHALLENGE: I would like to see mixed media used as a technique. Try something 'new to you' if you like. Remember, mixed media calls for at least two different mediums.***

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE FF23jkanackReallyStampIt!
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge ThreadHERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-20231022_130035_by_jkanack.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-20231021_153457_by_jkanack.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-20231021_153349_by_jkanack.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-20231022_141737_by_jkanack.jpg  

Last edited by luvtostampstampstamp; 10-23-2023 at 05:06 AM..
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
DancesWithHooves (10-24-2023), gutsport56 (10-24-2023)
Old 10-14-2023, 07:10 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts

Challenge Title: Fall Farmers Market Photo Inspiration
Hostess:Misti (Scraperwannabe)
Keyword: FF23Scraperwannabe
Date: Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Be inspired by any of the colors, textures or elements of this photo

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-img_2576.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ezy-watermark_24-10-2023_09-46-30-7210am.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by Scraperwannabe:
DancesWithHooves (10-25-2023), gutsport56 (10-29-2023)
Old 10-14-2023, 03:09 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts
Default FF23LuvLee ~ Autumn Glitter ~ Weds, Oct. 25, 2023

Challenge Title: It's Autumn - In Glitter!
Hostess: Lee (LuvLee)
Keyword: FF23LuvLee
Date: Wednesday,October 25, 2023

Happy Fall!! So happy it's cool and crisp and the colors are fabulous!! Now embrace all that and add a touch of glitter!! You know you had to expect that from me!! LOL Now I love loose glitter, but you can use glitter glue, pens, glitter paper, glitter embellishments... there are a lot of ways to add that bit of glitz without giving yourself heart failure if you truly hate glitter!!! Yes I'm looking at you Misti even though I love you girl!!! Go have fun with some Fall colors and a touch of glitz!!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: FF23LuvLee Gallery

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

DancesWithHooves (10-29-2023)
Old 10-14-2023, 04:45 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,992 Likes on 1,501 Posts
Default FF23smadson Wednesday October 25, 2023

Challenge Title: Pick 3 Mixed Media Challenge
Hostess: smadson aka Sharon
Keyword: FF23smadson
Date: Wednesday, October 25, 2023

I really love mixed media cards! It isn't as difficult as you think. It doesn't have to be paint or gesso, although those are wonderful and fun things to use! It can be coloring with markers and ink. Or it can be heat embossing or adding Nuvo drops or glitter, and so many other combinations.

My challenge to you is to make a mixed mediaprojectandpick three of the followingthings to put on it:
Blue,
Lace,
Heat embossing,
paint
recycled item2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread by luvtostampstampstamp at Splitcoaststampers
Nuvo drops or something
similar

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE Here
View the Falliday Fest Gallery Here
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread Here

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Remember to enjoy you creating! I can't wait to see what you created for my challenge!

Thank you to the hostess who made these lovely samples for my challenge:
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-10_20_23_ff23smadson_mine_sm_by_smadson.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23smadson_ccc23oct_annsforte3_pocket_penguins_by_annsforte3.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23smadson_ccc23oct_annsforte3_winter_wishes_by_annsforte3.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 861 Likes on 600 Posts

Challenge Title: Big Print
Hostess: Shoe Girl (Lisa)
Keyword: FF23ShoeGirl
Date: October 27, 2023

Hello Crafty Friends. We are so happy to have you playing along in the Falliday Challenges.

I recently started going through the many fun paper packs I have picked up through the years and found that there are some pages with really large designs on them meant for scrapbooking or larger than A2 cards. My challenge is to use one of those larger designs. You don't have to do a card; you could do a scrapbook page or create something completely different. But show us how you use one of those larger designs. We would love to see how you use them.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-10-27-23-ff23shoegirl-choose-joy.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-10-17-23-gold.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 375 Likes on 292 Posts

Challenge Title: Gift Card Mini-book
Hostess: tessaduck (Brenda)
Keyword: FF23tessaduck
Date: October 27, 2023

Let’s make a sweet little book for your gift card.

With a 4” x 11” piece of card stock, score short at 2 3/4”, 5 1/2”, and 8 1/4”. Then score long at 3 1/2”

Stamp and color. Alternatively, do your art work on a separate panel or die cut to adhere after the book is assembled.

Fold the center score line and mark 1/2” on the fold. Cut diagonally through both thicknesses, from the first and third score lines on the edge to the mark, forming a V.

Create a “thumb hole” on the inside second section (from the left). I used a circle punch, partially cut. Or free hand it.

Trim the first, third and fourth segments at the 1/2” score, leaving a flap at the bottom. I cut inside the score lines on the flap, and rounded the corners.

Fold and burnish. With the inside facing up, the folds are valley/mountain/valley, with the flap folded away.

With right sides together, folded at 5 1/2, stitch, staple or tape the first and third score lines. i like to punch seven holes and thread floss, tying off with knots and beads.

Fold up the flap and glue. (Annotated template and samples are attached.)

Have fun with it! Maybe engineer a loop to hang it, or a belly band/ribbon to tie it closed. Fiddle with the dimensions. I've used a 12" strip to another one. .. or two...

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-guy_by_tessaduck.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-template.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-stitch.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ann.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23tessaduck_annsforte3_mini_gift_card_holders_by_annsforte3.jpg  

2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-happy_by_tessaduck.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-20231024_145939_by_jkanack.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-20231025_124928_by_jkanack.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Challenge Title: Cool and Unconventional Emboss Resist Christmas cards
Hostess: cdimick (Catherine)
Keyword: FF23cdimick
Date: October 23, 2023

My challenge is a two part challenge - first, make an emboss resist panel without embossing powder or ink. The second part is to use unconventional colors for your emboss resist panel and Christmas card. Not the usual red and green or blue and silver or gold, do something unconventional and unexpected and create your beautiful Christmas card. I can't wait to see what you create!

Here is a link to a short video by Gina K doing the cool emboss resist technique:

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff231.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff232.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Challenge Title: Poinsettia Christmas
Hostess: hbrown (Holly)
Keyword: FF23hbrown
Date: Monday, October 30, 2023

I love making Christmas cards, and this year, I want to see all your ideas for holiday cards with POINSETTIAS. Dig out all your poinsettia stamps, dies, stencils, stickers, and patterned papers and show me what you can do with them.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-poinsettia-christmas-small-.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-sff23hbrown_ccc23oct_annsforte3_bushel_of_poinsettias_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 244 Likes on 130 Posts

Challenge Title: Bursting with Color!
Hostess: TexasGrammy - Bev
Keyword: FF23TexasGrammy
Date: Monday, Oct. 30, 2023

I completely adore bold bursts of fabulous colors?! Whether it's seasonal color, colors on fireworks, an eye-catching display of colors in blown glass, gleaming iridescent color, or the gorgeous new color of a friend's manicure .... color brightens your world and mine! So as I look ahead on the calendar to the eventual blah grays & browns seen here in Texas winters, I'm challenging all of us to enjoy a gallery display of fabulous colors!

Bursting with Color Challenge! Use pigment powders to create a splash of color as a background or as a deliciously colored piece of cardstock from which to die cut your focal point, etc. Mix pigments & water to delight us with color, please!
Product suggestions include Brushos, Infusions, or Color Bursts ... and there are likely more. I typically use watercolor paper, but Bristol Smooth can also work.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE Here
VIEW THE FALLIDAY FEST GALLERY HERE
VIEW THE FALLIDAY FEST MASTER CHALLENGE THREAD HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be
uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than Friday, Nov. 10 at 12:00 noon Central Time.

Have lots of fun! Please enjoy your creative time!
I'm looking forward to seeing what your creations for my FF23TexasGrammy challenge!

***Big (((hugggsss))) & thanks for these wonderful samples from talented SCS peeps, Ann (annsforte3) and Holly (hbrown)!
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-snowy_fir_trees_by_annsforte3.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-snowflake-brushos-hbs_by_hbrown.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 948 Likes on 339 Posts

Challenge Title: Die Cutting with Napkins.
Hostess: gutsport56 - Dagmar
Keyword: FF23gutsport56
Date: Monday, Oct. 30, 2023

I really love mixed media cards, Tags, Journal pages! When I use napkins, the white layers are always left over. I'm always looking for ways to use them. Create new texture by incorporating paper napkins into your die cutting! So easy - and your die cuts take on a new look! I hope you try it and have a lot of Fun. I can't wait to see what you create!

Here is a Video to show you the technique:

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGEHere
View the Falliday Fest GalleryHere

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the
Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than xxxxxx at 12:00 Noon Central Time.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23guts%C3%BCort562.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23gutsport56_ccc23oct_annsforte3_snowy_trees_by_annsforte31.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Challenge Title: Festive Fireplace
Hostess: JRHolbrook (Gracie)
Keyword: FF23JRHolbrook
Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2023

For my Falliday Fest Challenge, I'd like to see a variety of fireplace scenes. The scene could be Christmasy, an outdoor fireplace or just a cozy fireplace scene. You may use die cuts, stamps or draw or paint your own scene. Have fun...perhaps Santa will be stuck in your chimney! The card or 3D project can be realistic or a fantasy scene. I can't wait to see all of your creations!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE (DON'T FORGET TO MAKE THIS LIVE, HOSTESSES!!)

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Thank you so very much for participating!
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-warmest-wishes.jpg  
DancesWithHooves (11-11-2023)
Old 10-22-2023, 11:59 PM   #14  

Received 644 Likes on 450 Posts

Challenge Title: Animals at Christmas (no cats or dogs!)
Hostess:Jay_Bee aka Janine
Keyword: FF23JayBee
Date: Wednesday, November 1st, 2023
Welcome to Falliday Fest 2023!
I always start my Christmas cards early but if you don't Falliday Fest is your chance to get ahead. Animals have been part of Christmas since the beginning so please make a project featuring at least one animal. We are leaving the cats and dogs sitting by the fire so we can feature a Noah's ark selection in the gallery.

My challenge is feature any animal except a cat or dog

Have fun and many thanks to Ann for my wonderful samples! I appreciate you!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23jaybee_wcwc176_cc23nov_annsforte3_twins_by_annsforte3.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23jaybee_ccc23nov_annsforte3_winter_bears_by_annsforte3.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23jaybee_ccc23nov_annsforte3_bundled_bears_by_annsforte3.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23jaybee_nativity_by_jay_bee.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23jaybee_big_hug_by_jay_bee.jpg  

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,957 Likes on 3,847 Posts

Challenge Title: Let's Go Camping
Hostess: Jeanette (Forest Ranger)
Keyword: FF23ForestRanger
Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2023

With the cooler temperatures of fall, ones mind turns to camping. Crisp air that's perfect for campfires (and S'mores!). Hiking in the autumn leaves. Enjoying the great outdoors. For my challenge create a card that depicts camping.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Please take a look at the awesome samples made for my challenge (I so appreciate all of you who made a sample!)... and thank you for participating!
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23forestranger_annsforte3_forgotten_by_annsforte3.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-11_1_23_camping_by_shoe_girl.jpeg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-img_0278.jpg  
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Dryer Sheet technique

Challenge Title: Lets make it Sparkle- Dryer sheet technique
Hostess: Mcschmidty (Shelly)
Keyword: FF23mscshmidty
Date: Friday, November 3rd

In the tutorial section at Splitcoast there are written instructions and a video to watch, link HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Samples made for your inspiration included- please click and see samples made for my challenge- this technique is quick and easy- stamp, add adhesive and add dryer sheet and glitter! Come join us!
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23mscshmidty_annsforte3_dryer_background_by_annsforte3.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ffshellysantadryersheet.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 666 Likes on 418 Posts
A Little Birdie Told Me FF23JBgreendawn Non Traditional Shaped Tags

Challenge Title: Non Traditional Shaped Tags
Hostess: JBgreendawn Stacy
Keyword: FF23JBgreendawn
Date: November 3, 2023

Hi, I don't know about you but, I love to make tags. And I love to give them as gifts as well. I have spent a little time this year making tags that are not the traditional Rectangle with clipped corners on one end style tags. ( you know, like a size 8 shipping tag) So, that is the challenge to create a tag that is any other shape. Yes, you may use fun shaped tag dies but, you could also use any other shaped die that maybe was not intended to become a tag. We tend to give food gifts in my family so I have played around with some about Mason Jars, Loaves of bread or Cookie shaped tags. We are also going to be traveling during the holidays so, I am planning to pack tags into the suitcase for things that get purchased while we are gone. Hopefully this sparks an idea for you ~ enjoy!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Thanks to all my sample makers
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23jbgreendawn_annsforte3_snowman_tag_by_annsforte3.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23jbgreendawn_annsforte3_sleigh_tag_by_annsforte3.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23jbgreendawn_annsforte3_metallic_ornaments_tag_by_annsforte3.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23jbgreendawn_annsforte3_blue_ornament_tag_by_annsforte3.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ffhometag-jbgreendawn.jpg  

2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-20231027_153909_by_jkanack.jpg  

My Blog
DancesWithHooves (11-11-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 01:43 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 325 Likes on 228 Posts
Default FF23DCinkit

Challenge Title: Tree-rific
Hostess: DCinkit (Diane)
Keyword: FF23DCinkit
Date: Friday, November 3, 2023

Tree-rific directions: Please use a tree (or more than one), do some sponging and use at least one word.

It has been a fun time of projects and techniques. These are some easy directions for you to round off the challenges. I look forward to seeing where your creativity takes you!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-dcinkitff23tr00164_by_dcinkit.jpg   2023 Falliday Master Challenge Thread-ff23dcinkit_ccc23nov_annsforte3_snowy_mountain_by_annsforte3.jpg  
DancesWithHooves (11-09-2023)
Closed Thread