Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-04-2022, 05:50 AM   #1  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread

Challenge Title: Put A Bird On It!!
Hostess: UnderstandBlue (Lydia)
Keyword: FF22UNDERSTANDBLUEA
Date: 11/28/2022

Welcome to Falliday Fest!! We are excited about this annual tradition - bringing you holiday inspired ideas and tutorials for your creative self!

To me, there's nothing that says holiday like a bird - doves, cardinals, little fluffy wrens and sparrows. So my challenge to you is to make a holiday card with a BIRD ON IT. I chose a cardinal, and I have a fun video on this for you as well.

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE
View the Falliday Fest Gallery HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than December 16, 2022 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for one of our prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Thank you for participating!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-img_3387.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02943_2_by_snietje.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc03021_2_by_snietje.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22understandbluea_annsforte3_cardinal_branch_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22understandbluea_annsforte3_cardinal_tree_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22understandbluea_annsforte3_dove_joy_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22understandbluea_annsforte3_owl_branch_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22understandbluea_annsforte3_white_birds_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-img_9205_by_forest_ranger.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-img_1625b.jpg  

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 11-28-2022 at 04:16 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
DancesWithHooves (11-28-2022)
Old 11-04-2022, 06:05 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,123 Likes on 505 Posts

Challenge Title: Snow, Stripes, and Sweets
Hostess: dini
Keyword: FF22dini
Date: Nov. 28, 2022

The holiday season officially feels real when there's a chill outside and the kitchen is full of the smells of baked goods, candies, and cocoa. I'd love for you to share a favorite recipe below! I found this photo that pulls all of those sentimental things together with some beautiful holiday colors as well. Please be inspired by the colors in this photo when you create your project for the gallery! As a bonus challenge - include stripes and one of the sweet treats in the picture (cocoa, candy cane, cookie, or marshmalllows) on your project.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than December 16, 2022 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. Cards with combined challenges may not count as more than one entry for prizes. You are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword - FF22dini - when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

You can find all the details in the Falliday Fest Challenge Forum!

Please have fun - these challenges are for YOU! We want you to head into the holiday season with a full stash of beautiful cards and projects to give.
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22dini-inspiration-pic-01.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-img_3382.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-img_3388.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02992_2_by_snietje.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22dini_annsforte3_candy_cane_ribbon_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22dini_annsforte3_marshmellow_roast_by_annsforte3.jpg  
Vincent Van Gogh

Old 11-04-2022, 07:27 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Challenge Title: White Christmas
Hostess: stamp_momma (Lori
Keyword: FF22stampmomma
Date: Nov. 28, 2022

This Elvis inspired Christmas calls for predominantly white Christmas chards - very subtle color and sentiment should be your only "color"

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than December 16, 2022 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for our fabulous prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. Cards with combined challenges may not count as more than one entry for prizes. You are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword - FF22stampmomma - when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

You can find all the details in the Falliday Fest Challenge Forum!

Please have fun - these challenges are for YOU! We want you to head into the holiday season with a full stash of beautiful cards and projects to give.
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-img_3381.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02957_2_by_snietje.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02965_2_by_snietje.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22stampmomma_annsforte3_accented_deer_family_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22stampmomma_annsforte3_accented_poinsettias_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22stampmomma_annsforte3_deer_run_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22stampmomma_annsforte3_noel_song_by_annsforte3.jpg  

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team

Old 11-04-2022, 10:19 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Challenge Title: A Warm Holiday Cup!
Hostess: MiamiKel4 / Kelly
Keyword:FF22MiamiKel4
Date: Wednesday / November 30, 2022

Welcome to Falliday Fest 2022 and Happy Wednesday!

There's something extra yummy with a warm cuppa that has those yummy holiday flavors! There's something extra delicious during the holidays when you add in some peppermint mocha or a splash of gingerbread, spiced cider or eggnog to your mug! Especially if it's spilling over with a whipped cream topping ~ yum!
And the best part of my challenge ... it's calorie free!

Your challenge is to create a card/project featuring a mug/tea cup with a warm delicious drink of your choice! Extra points if you add on a holiday message and pop it in the mail for someone special!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE:HERE
View the Falliday Fest Gallery:HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread:HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. All Falliday Fest Challenge Entries must be uploaded to the Falliday Fest Gallery, with the specific challenge keyword, no later than December 16, 2022 at 12:00 Noon Central Time to be eligible for one of our prizes! Post a link to your entry in this thread.
2. You may not combine challenges, but you are welcome to create multiple cards for each challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

Thanks for joining and a big thank you to my sample makers!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22miamikel4_annsforte3_warm_thoughts_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-img_3384.jpg  

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Challenge Title: In The Pines!
Hostess: Lee (LuvLee)
Keyword: FF22LuvLee
Date: Weds, Nov. 30, 2022

Oh the Pine trees are STUNNING dressed in snow and glittery ice on our mountain!! Hopefully my photo shows up so you can see! But they are pretty without it as well... I mean who doesn't love a pine tree?? ;) And pine cones feature in so many lovely decor items and they feed critters! So let's make a card or project that uses pines... trees or cones... or both!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Thank you for participating and a special thanks to my fabulous sample makers!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-img_3192c.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02956_2_by_snietje.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22luvlee_annsforte3_hello_pines_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22luvlee_annsforte3_pine_chair_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22luvlee.jpg  

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 862 Likes on 601 Posts

Challenge Title: Nutcracker Ballet
Hostess: Shoe Girl / Lisa
Keyword: FF22ShoeGirl
Date: Friday, December 2, 2022

For as long as I can remember I have always been a fan of The Nutcracker Ballet. I am in awe of the talent of all the dancers and the incredible costumes. My challenge be inspired by The Nutcracker Ballet for your cards. I can't wait to see your cards inspired by The Nutcracker Ballet.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-12-2-22-ff22shoegirl-soldier.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22shoegirl_annsforte3_ballerina_night_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02953_by_snietje.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Challenge Title: Bloom-filled Christmas
Hostess: hbrown aka Holly
Keyword: FF22hbrown
Date: Friday, December 2, 2022

***************CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION*******************

Yay for Falliday Fest! This is my favorite time of the year here on SCS, and I have a fun and easy challenge for you. I want to see some Christmas/holiday flowers on your project. They can be stamped, die cut, watercolored, drawn with markers, cut with scissors, or even made from tissue papers like we did way back when we were kids. It's all about having fun and enjoying the holiday spirit!

Many thanks to my sample makers: Anita, Ann, Jeanette, Lee, and Lydia. Your creations are just beautiful!!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-falliday-cmas-flowers-hb.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-falliday-annsforte.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-falliday-forest-ranger.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-falliday-snietje.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-falliday-luvlee.jpg  

Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-falliday-understandblue.jpg  

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,193 Likes on 1,826 Posts
Cool Wet on Wet Holiday Night Sky ~ annsforte3 ~ Monday, Dec 5, 2022

Challenge Title: Wet on Wet Holiday Night Sky
Hostess: annsforte3 aka Ann
Keyword: FF22annsforte3
Date: Monday, December 5, 2022
Welcome to Falliday Fest 2022 and happy Monday to you!!
My challenge is to do the wet on wet water color technique for a background night sky. If you do not have water colors use what you have!

To begin wet your water colors and your paper. The paper should be nice and shinny but not have the water running off the paper. Choose your night sky colors! Take your brush and stir up the color, then glide it across your water color paper, be free with your strokes and let the color run. Continue with whatever other colors you desire. Do not mix the colors on the paper, instead let the colors flow and move on their own!
Let dry. If you are not happy with the boldness of the colors do add an additional layer of color.

When dry, add splatters of lighter colors for stars, use white, yellow or gold or a combination of all three. Let dry and add a holiday sentiment and decorations!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: HERE
View the Falliday Fest Gallery: HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread:HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Thank you for participating and thank you to all of my sample makers! Have fun!!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22annsforte3-annsforte3-blue-night.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22annsforte3-annsforte3-colorful-night-sky.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22annsforte3-annsforte3-merry-night-skies.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22annsforte3-annsforte3-midnight-ride.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22annsforte3-annsforte3-peaceful-bluegreen-skies.jpg  

Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22annsforte3-annsforte3-tropical-night-christmas.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-img_3202c.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02978_2_by_snietje.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 375 Likes on 292 Posts

Challenge Title: Two-fer
Hostess: tessaduck (Brenda)
Keyword: FF22tessaduck
Date: Monday, December 5, 2022

My challenge is to do at least two cards using the inlaid die-cut technique. It's a trick I use frequently, to make enough cards for donating.

You'll need at least two panels. Die cut (or punch) both, then swap the positives to the negative space for the other, using the inlaid die cut technique of your choice. Tweezers and/or a jewel picker really help with the little pieces...

Here's Dina's tutorial.

Inlaid Die Cuts Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers

I cheat and put extra wide masking tape on the back, skipping the glue.

Have fun with it!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE: HERE
View the Falliday Fest Gallery: HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread: HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Thank you for participating and thank you to all of my sample makers! Have fun!!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-noel_by_tessaduck.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-advent_by_tessaduck.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-maple_by_tessaduck.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02983_2_by_snietje.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22tessaduck_annsforte3_ornament_1_by_annsforte3.jpg  

Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22tessaduck_annsforte3_ornament_2_by_annsforte3-1.jpg  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Received 4,957 Likes on 3,847 Posts

Challenge Title: Santa's Stuck in the Chimney
Hostess: Forest Ranger (Jeanette)
Keyword: FF22ForestRanger
Date: Wednesday; December 7, 2022

Santa's stuck in the chimney? Not really... thank goodness. Instead this challenge is all about BRICKS. I want you to include bricks someway on your card. Use a brick stencil or embossing folder... perhaps an image with a brick wall, road, even a chimney... or you might choose to use the color of bricks. You could even choose to add something to your card that begins with each letter in the word BRICK (Brown, Ribbon, Ink, Charm, Kitten). Your choice.

Have fun! I can't wait to see what you make!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE - HERE
View the Falliday Fest Gallery - HERE
View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge Thread - HERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

A big THANK YOU to all of you who are participating and to my sample makers, too!
Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22forestranger_annsforte3_santa_bricks_by_annsforte3.jpeg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22forestranger_annsforte3_house_decorations_by_annsforte3.jpeg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-img_3379.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc03004_2_by_snietje.jpeg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc03001_2_by_snietje.jpg  

Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-img_9697.jpg  
DTs: Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and Technique Junkies
My blog: Cre8tive Play
Find Me on Instagram
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 731 Likes on 554 Posts

Challenge Title: Wreath Card
Hostess: snietje (Anita)
Keyword: FF22snietje
Date: Wednesday; December 7, 2022

I saw several of pretty wreath cards and I've been searching if there was a tutorial here and didn't find one, so I've made one myself and if you want the tutorial you can find it in the thumbnails
But I know not every one can open PDF so I'll put some pictures in the thumbnails too
If you don't got any circle dies you can use plates or a compas
There are many ways to decorate a wreath so I'm curious to discover yours in the gallery

View the Falliday Fest Master Challenge ThreadHERE

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Thank you for participating! Especially Thanks to Ann for her samples!!
Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02870-2-.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02871-2-.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02863.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02864.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02866.jpg  

Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02867.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02868.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02869.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02917-2-.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02924.jpg  

Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02929.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02930.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22snietje_ccc22dec_annsforte3_holly_wreath_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22snietje_ccc22dec_annsforte3_santa_wreath_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc02933.jpg  

Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22snietje_ccc22dec_annsforte3_gingerbread_party_by_annsforte3.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wreath Card.pdf (867.9 KB, 16 views)

We do what we can with what we've got !!

Come to the TEA-party every Tuesday
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,762 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Challenge Title: WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!
Hostess: jkanack Jean Kanack
Keyword: FF22jkanack
Date: Friday, December 9, 2022

I'm a baby boomer, my parents lived through the Depression and WWII and my Mom, in particular, saved EVERYTHING! Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. My challenge for you today is simple: take an old Christmas card, any old card (one you made a million years ago, one you received a trillion years ago or a store bought card you received a kazillion years ago) and remake it. You may create a new cardbase but use new paper only if you're making a new embellishment. Better yet, use paper that is from something else, like gift wrap or a gift bag or something like that.. Add whatever new embellishments, sentiments, anything you like, any theme is good. If you don't have an old Christmas card (brava to you), then choose any type of card you have. Take 'before' and 'after' pictures and post both of them. Go nuts, make it work!!!!!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE.

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

Attached Thumbnails
Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-ff22jkanack_ccc22dec_annsforte3_recycled_sleigh_ride_by_annsforte3.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-20221122_151511_by_jkanack.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc03011_2_by_snietje.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc03016_2_by_snietje.jpg   Falliday Fest 2022 Master Challenge Thread-dsc03019_2_by_snietje.jpg  

SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,552 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Yeti Falliday Fest

Challenge Title: Make it POP
Hostess: UnderstandBlue (Lydia)
Keyword: FF22UNDERSTANDBLUEB
Date: 12/9/2022

Welcome to the last day of Falliday Fest!! We hope we have inspired you to feel your creative best!

We are going to go out with a BANG today with this final challenge to make it POP.

Ideas to fit my theme include my sample - with a poppy, you could add dimension to your card, you could feature pop corn images, a pop up card or image - or a card for dad! I look forward to seeing how you interpret this. Here's a video on my sample for this challenge!

Thank you so much for joining us again this year!

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS: