Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-28-2015, 04:26 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 63 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Bible Art Journaling 2016- 01 January

Happy New Year!!

The January 2016 theme will be "Promise" or "Promises"- there is no deadline to post to this challenge.

I know a few of you mentioned that you would like to have a technique as well and since it seems as though most of us are just getting started with Bible Art Journaling, I propose that this year's technique option will be "Anything Goes".

Use acrylics, watercolors, Gelatos, pencils, pens- whatever you desire :-) If you need inspiration, Pinterest is a great source as well as our Mixed Media Challenge forum at SCS. I know that I personally do not know what medium I will use until I actually start to design and create :-)

FYI- I am still getting "set up" to journal on a daily basis (I have a new Bible on the way in February just for journaling and I am trying to make a special place in my craft area). If you are unable to actually journal at this time, we would love for you to join in and "chat" so we can encourage each other, share ideas as well as see your art in the gallery when you are able to create:-)

Just a reminder:

We have our own gallery to load our journal pages-
Once you enter the "Upload A Card" click on the arrows next to the windows under "Select Galleries"- in the first window select "Anything BUT a Card", in the second window choose "Books, Handmade Albums and Journals" , in the third window choose "Art Journal Pages" and then a 4th window should appear and choose "Bible Art Journal Pages" .

Also, please use all three of these keywords when you post to the gallery- BAJ16, BAJ1601, Bible Art Journaling (remember to separate each with a comma) and if you have time, please come to this forum to link your journal page so we can be inspired by your work and encourage you with some "love" ...

I am so looking forward a New Year studying God's Word together and seeing how you interpret the "Promise(s)" theme into your Bible Study/Bible Art Journaling!

Hugs and God Bless!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2015, 07:19 AM   #3  

Hi Sharon! I fully understand- I have approx. 30+ bibles as well...I decided to buy the Inspire Bible since it was created especially for journaling and already has some artwork in the Bible itself (I believe it was $30 from Amazon- I bought the hard cover since I felt that the leather bound would have issues eventually with the binding :-))

You can always just use a regular journal or create pages to put into a binder or scrapbook as well ....

So looking forward to journaling along with you this year- hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2015, 07:55 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 595 Likes on 369 Posts

I'm subbing here. I will be doing my BVC pages in a mixed media book. I won't have a journalling Bible. I don't know if what I do will be appropriate in this forum, but I will definitely keep track here.
God's promises is a fantastic theme to start the year with.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2015, 08:05 AM   #5  

Ina, we would love to see your journaling!! The Mixed Media book sounds fantastic - looking forward to journaling along with you this year :-) Hugs and have a Happy New Year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2016, 07:41 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh how fun. Sharon told me about this thread tonight. I am starting a Bible Journaling class at my house for some ladies in our church so this will be helpful and fun. I would sure like any tips you have. Like good products to use. Do you think water coloring would be safe? Thanks for getting this going Julie.
I plan on picking out specific scriptures discussing what it means and how to apply it in our lives and then translating that into my art. Confusing?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2016, 04:39 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi Julie! Sharon mentioned to me, as well, about this thread. I have been 'stalking' the Bible Journaling on Pinterest and have been wanting to try it, but am too skeered to start! I would love to take a class first, then try it on my own. I'm not sure of what products to use. I will be 'stalking' this thread too for inspiration.
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #8  

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyfillyView Post
Oh how fun. Sharon told me about this thread tonight. I am starting a Bible Journaling class at my house for some ladies in our church so this will be helpful and fun. I would sure like any tips you have. Like good products to use. Do you think water coloring would be safe? Thanks for getting this going Julie.
I plan on picking out specific scriptures discussing what it means and how to apply it in our lives and then translating that into my art. Confusing?!
So thrilled for you to start the Bible Journaling class! If you are actually journaling in your Bible, you may find that watercolor pencils are OK with just a bit of water but I think that actual watercolors may require too much water and bleed a bit (plus wrinkle the page). I know others have used acrylics with success and most will use clear gesso to prep the page before using acrylics. Watercolor would not be able to absorb into the prepped page as well so I am not sure but it may work.

If you are journaling in a journal or on watercolor paper outside of the Bible, watercolors would be perfect!

There are many sites that have great ideas as well as Youtube- you can get started with just colored pencils or markers, a Micron pen or other black pen...simple as can be!

Hope that you are able to share with us as well- we look forward to hearing how it goes for you!

Hugs and have blessed week!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #9  

Lesley, welcome!! Please do not be afraid to start...I would recommend starting in a journal versus directly in your Bible if you are intimated :-)

As I mentioned in my previous post, there are so many Bible Journaling ideas out there right now along with Facebook groups, videos, etc.

My suggestion would be to start in a separate journal or as a 6x6 or 8x8 scrapbook page type format and just "play"...practice lettering, incorporate stamping or hand-drawing, mixed media if you have the supplies... just have fun with it!

The whole idea is to get into God's Word and meditate on Scripture...it should not be stressful but fun and we are a safe group to share since we will not criticize but encourage one another :-)

Have fun and please share any of your ideas with us as well....

Hugs and so thrilled to hear that you may join in on the fun! Have a blessed week, my friend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2016, 02:54 PM   #10  

OK, Ladies- I have not forgotten any of you or that I do want to journal....This month has been a bit crazy so far- my husband is preparing for retirement and I am doing alot of research to try to find private health insurance for me that will not break our bank account- lol!!

I have the Inspire Bible on order and should be here in February- I may just color a few of the preprinted images to get started and see what mediums work best.

How are you all doing so far this month?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2016, 01:10 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I got a set of 24 Twistable Crayola Crayons. These were mentioned in a blog as good to color with in the Bible. I am going to try a few things in an old Bible first. Going to order my Bible in the next few days. My first page may not be done till Feb.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2016, 01:36 PM   #12  

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyfillyView Post
I got a set of 24 Twistable Crayola Crayons. These were mentioned in a blog as good to color with in the Bible. I am going to try a few things in an old Bible first. Going to order my Bible in the next few days. My first page may not be done till Feb.
Those sound perfect for coloring!! February is fine...I still have not started for this year yet - hugs! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2016, 08:43 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Happy New Year to you all! May God bless you richly this year to be a blessing for others.

I like the idea to have a techniquen challenge for this year

I am sharing my first journaling page in January

Hope In The Lord Who Provides - Genesis 22:1-24

Thank You!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Here is mine. I create my Scripture Art Cards. And the promise of His Holy Spirit makes us limitless!

Glory {Art 2016} Scripture Challenge #1, Limitless by identicaltriplets - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2016, 06:43 PM   #15  

Quote:

Originally Posted by byHelenGView Post
Happy New Year to you all! May God bless you richly this year to be a blessing for others.

I like the idea to have a techniquen challenge for this year

I am sharing my first journaling page in January

Hope In The Lord Who Provides - Genesis 22:1-24

Thank You!
Helen- this page is fabulous! Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year as well :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2016, 06:45 PM   #16  

Quote:

Originally Posted by identicaltripletsView Post
Here is mine. I create my Scripture Art Cards. And the promise of His Holy Spirit makes us limitless!

Glory {Art 2016} Scripture Challenge #1, Limitless by identicaltriplets - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Oh, I love your Mixed Media cards and so thankful for the Holy Spirit and His Power within us! Thanks again for sharing with all of us- hugs and Happy New Year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2016, 01:48 PM   #17  
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Hi Everyone:
My name is Susan and I haven't done the challenges before... mostly just did swaps (hosted or participated in over 560)... : )
This sounds interesting. My sister bought me a journaling bible last year and I have been neglecting it so need to start doing more of it.
I've always enjoyed hosting Christian swaps to encourage one another to focus on the Word and encourage good deeds (hence the ID/name) but would like to try challenges too perhaps.
So if I understand this correctly, I do a bible journaling art entry on Promises this month, take a pic and post it in the gallery you mentioned, and here. Is that right? Do we have to do hand-written entries or can they be stamped and decorated, etc.?

I'm also hosting a Monthly Scripture Sister swap if anyone is interested (in my signature).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2016, 05:32 PM   #18  

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeedsView Post
Hi Everyone:
My name is Susan and I haven't done the challenges before... mostly just did swaps (hosted or participated in over 560)... : )
This sounds interesting. My sister bought me a journaling bible last year and I have been neglecting it so need to start doing more of it.
I've always enjoyed hosting Christian swaps to encourage one another to focus on the Word and encourage good deeds (hence the ID/name) but would like to try challenges too perhaps.
So if I understand this correctly, I do a bible journaling art entry on Promises this month, take a pic and post it in the gallery you mentioned, and here. Is that right? Do we have to do hand-written entries or can they be stamped and decorated, etc.?

I'm also hosting a Monthly Scripture Sister swap if anyone is interested (in my signature).
Welcome Susan!!

We would love to see your journaling in the gallery and a link/picture in this forum as well :-)

You can use stamps, stickers, digital images, hand-drawn images, etc. - whatever you desire for your journaling. I know quite a few people are using printed images along with stamped/hand-drawn.

So thrilled that you are thinking about joining us- we look forward to seeing your artwork and getting to know you better.

Hugs and have a blessed week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2016, 02:26 PM   #19  

Great! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2016, 02:31 PM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Hi Susan! Glad you are joining us. I see you are from Castle Rock, CO! Love Colorado! In the past we have traveled thru Castle Rock to Estes! We used to shop at the outlets when we went thru. Now, we are retired and take other trips. But our first love is Colorado!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2016, 10:46 AM   #21  

Hi Sharon -
CO is sort of a home base for my family. I moved out East for 6 years, then to ID for just over a year, but found my way back here to be closer to family last year. I love it but it has gotten out of control with growth and expense sadly. Had sticker shock and still do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2016, 11:26 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I am playing today, and not happy with the result. And it isn't to do with a promise either. Should I upload my "try" at it. It looks pretty "kindergarten!" LOL And there is more I could do to it but don't know what.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #23  

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
I am playing today, and not happy with the result. And it isn't to do with a promise either. Should I upload my "try" at it. It looks pretty "kindergarten!" LOL And there is more I could do to it but don't know what.
Yes, Sharon- please do!!

We are all beginners at Bible Journaling and can help each other "grow" in the process :-) I am sure that it would encourage others to see your journaling as well as an encouragement to all of us!

We are start somewhere along this artistic journey and can look back at our progress, so by all means, please share with us - hugs!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2016, 12:18 PM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, it may be too late. We will see. I think I should have stopped while I was ahead, but I tried something else. There is going to be nothing left of this paper! LOL It is drying. We will see. I am just playing today. I am even working on a regular art journal page. All new to me. Experimenting. But I will see what this looks like after drying. It is sooo wet! I put gesso on it first, but that might not save it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2016, 01:24 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

I attended a funeral today. Our pastor had a wonderful message of salvation (requested by the lady who died) and used so many of the verses that I have memorized in the past year. Thanks to all my Christian friends here at SCS and the art that we share.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2016, 02:21 PM   #26  

So sorry for your loss but thankful to know that you will see your sister in Christ again!!

What a praise to hear that the message of salvation was given at the service and praying that those in attendance that do not know the Lord, will accept the free gift of salvation!

I am also very thankful that we have SCS to share our love for Christ as well as our art, journaling, Scripture memorization and the chance to encourage one another- the past two years have been a very big adjustment for me as my full time job ended (I have been working outside of the home fulltime/OT for over 40 years) and now I am a stay at home wife :-) I love being at home and able to stamp more but it is a bit lonely at times and the friends that I have here at SCS are such a blessing to me!

Hugs to you and thanks for sharing- have a great weekend, my friend!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2016, 11:25 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

I went to pick up my Journaling Bible but am waiting
until March as it will have an entire blank page. Sharon your page will be fine. We aren't perfect but only through the grace of God. So your arts not perfect...its ok. God will help you grow. Hugs sweet lady.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2016, 02:37 PM   #28  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, here it is: IS 6:8.

It is more sparkly gold IRL

Hope to better next time. Won't have the mess with my first writing to go over, like on this one. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2016, 02:40 PM   #29  

Here is mine.
I Am With You Always by StampinGoodDeeds - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Matthew 28:20 "I am with you always, until the very end of time."
Attached Thumbnails
Bible Art Journaling 2016- 01 January-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #30  

Here is another I finished.
Matthew 5:8 "blessed are the Pure in Heart, for they shall see God."
The Pure in Heart by StampinGoodDeeds - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Thumbnails
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2016, 03:08 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Susan, your pages are wonderful. The dragonfly is just light enough that you can still read the scripture, and all the hearts a perfect to accent your chosen verse.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2016, 03:09 PM   #32  

On a roll... My Third: Proverbs 3:5-6.
For me, this scripture has become my mantra... A way of life. It sums it all up.
With All My Heart by StampinGoodDeeds - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Attached Thumbnails
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2016, 03:10 PM   #33  

Thank you, Ina!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2016, 03:29 PM   #34  

My last for today.
Psalm 121:1-2
Attached Thumbnails
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2016, 06:42 PM   #35  

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinGoodDeedsView Post
My last for today.
Susan, love this last one as well as the other three!! You have been on a roll- thanks for sharing your Bible Art with all of us! Hugs and have a blessed week :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2016, 07:23 PM   #36  

My last for today.
Reposting to provide the link for that one:
To The Hills by StampinGoodDeeds - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2016, 05:09 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

All of your pages are awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2016, 07:29 PM   #38  

Thanks! I am new to this. My sister bought me a journaling bible last year and came to visit and show me some cool things with stencils and pan pastels, etc., but I haven't had time to do any since, or on my own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2016, 07:23 PM   #39  

Hi Everyone!! I have not forgotten you and am praying that all of you are doing well!!

I am excited that I was finally able to do some Bible Art Journaling this week for the new Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Creative Worship Release this coming Friday :-) My journaling Bible has still not arrived (now it will be March) but in the meantime, I am using regular cardstock and created a bookmark/tip in that I can share on Friday.

Just a note- I have been a customer of Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (SNSS) for years and am currently on the SNSS Design Team - I love their photopolymer and digi stamps...I did not receive any commission from SNSS but do at times receive free products to design with as part of the team...I am not mentioning this to sell you anything but wanted to let you know that Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps has branched their Bible Journaling stamps into a new line called Creative Worship and there is a private Facebook page that you can join (this FB page has just started but there are many examples from around the world and the more that join, the more we can share with one another :-))..I am so thankful that I am having the opportunity to get to know Korin Sutherland better (Korin is the owner of SNSS)- she is a wonderful Christian who wants to glorify the Lord with her products:-)

If this post offends anyone here, please let me know and I will delete it...I just wanted to let you know about the new FB page (here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1646184169000802/) and the new line of journaling stamps since I know some of you had asked about stamping in the Bible (Korin has a great beginner video on stamping in the Bible and will be doing some videos about prepping the pages, etc. in the future as well).

I also love Our Daily Bread Designs (ODBD) stamps for journaling (I was a Guest Designer for a few months with them but have also been a customer with ODBD for years) :-) As you many of you already know or may have noticed, I am a Stampin' Up! (SU!) demo (since 1999) and while SU! has some stamps with Scripture but that is not their main focus (I wish we offered more).

If you are on FB and want to join, just go to the page and hit the request to join button (Korin is very quick to add you) :-)

Hugs and have a blessed week! I will be back on Friday to share :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2016, 06:15 AM   #40  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I just noticed all of ODB 's stamps for Bible Journaling last night! . I will check out the Facebook page when on my laptop later. On my mini, funny things happen. LOL. Thank you Julie for sharing this information. But...... As you know I am trying to stop buying!,, LOL
Reply With Quote Likes