Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-01-2010, 06:47 AM   #81  
j20
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gwen, what a beautiful card! Love the paper you used, the touch of lace and you're handwritting is so beautiful on it! I hate my writing and always need to computer generate my sentiments or use a stamp. Gorgeous!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #82  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by j20View Post
Gwen, what a beautiful card! Love the paper you used, the touch of lace and you're handwritting is so beautiful on it! I hate my writing and always need to computer generate my sentiments or use a stamp. Gorgeous!
Thanks for the compliment but mine is computer generated!!! Don't you love that font?! I used my own printing on the His Holy Name challenge last year but I don't like my hand writing either!

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #83  
j20
Cardstock Collector

I would have never guessed that was done by the computer! Great job!

Jean
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow Hope 2010 Challenge #7 {6/4/10}

Hello Everyone! Cindy asked me to fill-in for her today and I am posting the challenge early as I will be at work tomorrow and may get busy and forget it. I am honored to be your guest hostess for today.

This year we have been studying all about hope, creating projects about hope, etc. As we continue on this study, I want to talk to you today about something that can steal our hope. It's that nasty four letter word F-E-A-R! That's right, fear. Fear can steal our hope if we let it. It can crush our spirit and keep us from reaching our full potential or as Joel Osteen says it, "Living our Best Life Now".

We experience fear over many things. Issues with our health, possibility of losing our jobs, our finances etc.
Several years ago I experienced a very fearful situation and I want to share my testimony with you on how the Lord used someone to deliver a message to me to let me know everything was gonna be all right....

I went to the dermatologist to have this little tiny bump removed from my abdomen. The young lady who treated me was a physician's assistant and was more concerned with some moles on my feet than the bump on my abdomen. Telling me, "this is nothing to worry about, but those moles have got to go". I told her, "I know my body and this bump (which had turned into a hard nodule) wasn't there before and it keeps getting larger. I wasn't born with it and I want it gone". A few days later I received a phone call from the very same woman telling me that the biopsy on the nodule came back as T-Cell Lymphoma and they needed to do further testing. Fear hit me like a brick wall. Only a few years had passed since I lost my father to Lymphoma. At the time I worked in retail and it was the busy Christmas season. I continued to work and kept this bad news to myself. On Christmas Eve, one of my Christian employees gave me a present and a card. Inside the card she had wrote a message that said, "Jenn, as I was wrapping your gift today the Lord told me to share this scripture with you. I don't know why or what this is about but, I just want to be obedient to Him." The scripture that followed was Isaiah 43:1-3...

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine. 2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior

I read it and found it comforting but didn't really get what God was trying to tell me. The following Monday, the doctor's office called me again, only this time to tell me that I did not have T-Cell Lymphoma and all of my tests came back clear. It was then that I "got it". God was trying to let me know that He "had my back". I remember falling on my knees and crying and trying to pray and thank God at the same time. Even as I type these words now I have tears streaming down my face. The Lord has carried me through so much over the past years. I've had to face a lot of fears since that day and I'm certain many more to come. But, God is so GOOD. He takes away all my fears.

There is so much comfort in the Word of God concerning fear.
My challenge for you is to study the Word and find that scripture, that promise from God, that you can cling to when fear sets in. When you find it create something with it; anything you want...a card, altered item, scrapbook page, or mass produce it and have it ready to send or hand out to anyone who might be experiencing fear. And be sure to share your creations with us here in the HOPE2010 forum and gallery.

It's been my pleasure to be your hostess today and I'd like to leave you with this song that always gives me hope when I hear it:
My Redeemer Lives

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #85  
Matboard Maniac

Great lesson, Jennipher and a one of my fav scriptures. Not sure if I'll be able to play but perhaps I can squeeze in some time before the weekend. I'd like that!!

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
Natalie ~ Psalm 5:11-12
BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 05:32 AM   #86  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Jennipher, thank you so much for filling in for me. What a powerful testimony. WOW! I love reading about other people's "God moments," and yours was no different. Fear is a horrible feeling and it's caused only by the enemy as he knows our weak spots, but God can turn turn them into strengths and you're walking proof of that. I love the challenge that you presented and am going to work on it this weekend. Everybody who reads what you wrote will be blessed.

Here is my card for this challenge:

Stars For You

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007

Last edited by KY Southern Belle; 06-05-2010 at 09:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #87  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default HOPE2010 June 4, 2010

Hope I'm posting in the correct location. So many wonderful verses to choose from as the Lord encourages us to fear not! Here's mine:

Hope and Inspiration_June 2010, ODBD by janaria at Splitcoaststampers

Click Here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #88  
Pearl-ExPert

Jennipher, thanks for sharing your story! Will be thinking on this challenge for the next couple days!

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2010, 05:19 PM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great card Cindy.

janaria, you are in the right location. you image is pending approval so I will have a peak at it later.

Gwen, looking forward to see what you create.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #90  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BUSY, being under Satans' yoke, that is my experience today. I have had to download three times my card, and my posting here because each time, my server interrupts service, they must be doing something nearby. Thank you to Jennipher for taking on this challenge. and for sharing her testimony, Praise the Lord for taking control of these health issues.
Also, thanks for sharing a great vocal musician in your posting. Nicole Mullen, will become
a favorite of mine also.
Here is my card:
New Hope 2010 challenge #8 by stampencamper at Splitcoaststampers

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #91  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampencamperView Post
BUSY, being under Satans' yoke, that is my experience today. I have had to download three times my card, and my posting here because each time, my server interrupts service, they must be doing something nearby. Thank you to Jennipher for taking on this challenge. and for sharing her testimony, Praise the Lord for taking control of these health issues.
Also, thanks for sharing a great vocal musician in your posting. Nicole Mullen, will become
a favorite of mine also.
Here is my card:
New Hope 2010 challenge #8 by stampencamper at Splitcoaststampers
Thank you for your kind words Carolyn! Great card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #92  
Inking Addict

I will be with you;
you will not be burned;

Jennipher,

This scripture found me at just the right time...tomorrow we go to court for my 14 year old son. He is a good kid, with an amazing heart for his Lord, but has made some poor choices lately.

I have been dealing with such intense anxiety that I am often sick to my stomach. The other night my husband and I were at Border's and I stood in the aisle on the verge of tears, asking God to show me a book that I could read that would help calm my fears. He gave me the book, Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. When I cracked the book I heard His voice in the scriptures there, then adding your post only reaffirmed His presence in this ugly situation.

Fear has been at such a forefront for the last week and God is so amazing in His reassurances. First the book and then your choice of topic for this challenge these two weeks...God IS so good!

I will create my project and post soon. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...you are an amazing gift to my heart.

Blessings,

Anne
"but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind...I press on toward the the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:13b-14
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #93  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by expressingmeView Post
I will be with you;
you will not be burned;

Jennipher,

This scripture found me at just the right time...tomorrow we go to court for my 14 year old son. He is a good kid, with an amazing heart for his Lord, but has made some poor choices lately.

I have been dealing with such intense anxiety that I am often sick to my stomach. The other night my husband and I were at Border's and I stood in the aisle on the verge of tears, asking God to show me a book that I could read that would help calm my fears. He gave me the book, Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. When I cracked the book I heard His voice in the scriptures there, then adding your post only reaffirmed His presence in this ugly situation.

Fear has been at such a forefront for the last week and God is so amazing in His reassurances. First the book and then your choice of topic for this challenge these two weeks...God IS so good!

I will create my project and post soon. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...you are an amazing gift to my heart.

Blessings,

Anne
God Bless you Anne for sharing your testimony with us. God is so GOOD! And you know what else....HE is always right on time!

My Grandmother used to have this prayer hanging on her wall when I was a little girl and I still say this often:

"Lord, help me to remember that nothing will happen today that You and I can't handle together." Amen.

I think we often forget that He wants us to rely on Him. The battle is not our's to fight. It belongs to the Lord. Let Him handle it.
I will be praying for your situation tomorrow and know that when you sit in that courtroom you are not alone; for God is with you every step of the way. Don't worry about the outcome for whatever it is God will handle it with you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #94  
Pearl-ExPert

Anne, praying for you and your family, that God will use this situation to help your son see the proper choices he needs to make, that he will learn from his mistakes and you will all be able to go forward from here. God bless you.

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 04:10 AM   #95  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Default HOPE2010 Challenge #9

I didn't plan on putting this challenge up until this Friday, but there's been something in my personal life that I want so share with you and ask your prayers for.

My cousin, (Bub, our nickname for him) who is 14 months older than I am, is the brother that I've never had. Just 3 short weeks ago, we were at a family reunion together talking about all of the fun we had together as kids and then comparing battle (surgery) scars. I had my 15-year-old son with me and this was our little road trip together. When a boy that age still wants to spend time with mom, I was taking advantage of it. He still can't believe that I was a kid once and also did stupid things, i.e., fun in their mind.

To my point, I got an e-mail on Friday morning from my other cousin telling me that Bub was in the ICU at Dallas Memorial. Talk about being numb and in shock! He got some kind of virus and Colleen (Bub's wife) took him to the doctor on Thursday where he was admitted to the hospital and the next thing you know he had a stroke, actually a series of them, and ended up in the ICU. While there, that virus traveled to his heart and then he had a brain aneurysm! I just turned 47 and Bub is 48. He was then intubated because he couldn't breathe on his own. Neurologists and cardiologists are all over the place. Fortunately, Colleen's brother is an anesthesiologist at Dallas Memorial, so we know that he's got a doctor on top of this all of the time. We honestly thought we were going to lose him on Saturday when he became completely unresponsive to everything and anything. It was just a bad time. And he hadn't been sedated for 14 hours either and unresponsive. I've been doing an awful lot of praying. He's still touch and go, but he is wiggling his toes, which is a good thing, and he's opened up his eyes a few times. We don't know what the strokes have done to him yet.

This challenge ties in a bit with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge 45, of mainly their Bible verse of Isaiah 53:5. I ask that you would include Bub and our family in your prayers. I have a very large family and we are all very close. Thank you. I have the faith and HOPE that by His stripes, Bub will be healed.

July Challenge: Who or what do you want to see healed? Make a scrapbook page, card, altered item, or whatever fits where the Lord leads you.

My card: Bub, We Love You (he's a baseball player)

HOPE2010 Gallery

May the Lord richly bless you and I'll see you back at the beginning of August. Please use keyword HOPE2010 when uploading your project.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2010, 06:12 AM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

Just read this and am in shock myself. A week and half ago dh and I attended the wedding of a dear friend who has been through so much. This morning we got a phone call that he was airlifted to a major hospital in our area last night. He has spinal meningitis and is very, very sick. He has three kids and his new wife has three kids. One of hers was just diagnosed with luekemia about a month ago and she is actually in the same hospital network this morning with little William as he has a chemo treatment every Monday. Please pray for them.

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #97  
Pearl-ExPert

Wondering if this study has ended? I haven't been here for quite a while but I did make a card for the challenge about not having fear about things. You can find it HERE.

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #98  
Cardstock Collector

Bummer

I joined this week. This looks like it would have been great. Hope to catch some of you in other challenges.

Coreen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2010, 06:49 AM   #99  
Pearl-ExPert

There will probably be one here starting again in January. Patter Cross has a neat one that is from her blog here:
Triple the Scraps: {Scripture Challenge 2} Challenge Word #19, Priority

My Blog
FAN CLUB MEMBER
Reply With Quote Likes