Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:25 AM   #81  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

We can all sing a round of Barney's "I Love You" song for Emily and get back to stampin'! I love watching what people do for the challenges, even if I don't always participate! This is a great outlet for all of us!
Wickedly Wonderful Creations
I'm a FREAK!! Check out the latest Control Freaks Blog Tour
2012-13 Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2007, 08:05 PM   #82  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Emily, you have no reason to apologize. You put your time and effort week after week in coming up with these amazing challenges for us and find a make samples to boot! Because of you I have put so many color combos together that I never would have thought of. And I have even started using color combos I have come up with on my own. I never would have dreamed of doing that before. You are an amazing stamper and an amazing person. Please don't let the comments of others get you down. The prize is gorgeous, and I agree that there is no other person more deserving then Lauren. With all she has been through, it's awesome that she won! I am just rambling now so I will close. I just wanted to tell you to keep up with the awesome work you do. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Miss chattin' with ya girlie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2007, 08:22 PM   #83  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 431 Likes on 164 Posts

Emily, you know you can never please everyone, so don't sweat that small detail. I thought your prize was a great idea, and it may inspire me to make color combo cards on a ring making use of this fabulous idea to recall these great challenge ideas. Good for Lauren, and thanks, Emily for always making this weekly challenge worth checking in on even if I can't always participate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2007, 11:34 PM   #84  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

okay so i'm stalking to see if CC101 is up and i run across this thread...

emily i don't know if you are still reading this thread... hopefully not as hopefully you have long since put this joylessness behind you as well you should. but if you are, i just want to thank you for your selflessness in volunteering to bring us the color challenges and hope hope hope that you will continue to do so for us.
THANK YOU, ((((EMILY))))!!!
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2007, 02:40 AM   #85  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was just checking on the challenge for today (like Susan) and came across this thread. I have to agree with all the previous posts. It is ridiculous that people complain when people VOLUNTEER their time here. Often, things are posted on the west coast and since I am on the east coast, there are already cards/projects done for them--who cares?! This should be about fun and sharing of ideas! Keep up the great work and I am thrilled that Lauren won the gorgeous book Leigh made!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2007, 03:15 AM   #86  
Gallery Gazer

I had no idea anyone complained about anything about last week's color challenge and contest until I went to look for this week's challenge. I felt it was fair as it is likely that someone will not have all the colors but it has been well known to me from the start that we could use substitute similar colors....oh well...can't please all the people all the time. Thank you Emily for your time and effort you put into this challenge and congratulations to Lauren for your win.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2007, 05:38 AM   #87  
Die Cut Diva

I too, am looking for CC101. I think the way you keep these challenges coming every week is a noble chore. I feel a little ache in the pit of my tummy, hoping that you didn't give up because of a sour grape. We all have a wonderful time meeting your color challenges and we don't do it for the prizes. Yay Lauren! And thanks for trying to make #100 extra special.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2007, 05:52 AM   #88  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After reading the second post from Word Trix, I can see some of where she is coming from but I definitely think she should have used a different forum (PM) and expressed her feelings directly to Emily instead of blasting the CC in the week's challenge. It did come across unkindly. Having volunteered myself, I understand that it is easy to criticize what someone is doing when you are not willing to volunteer your time to do what they are doing. People do that all the time; I guess it's human nature which is not PC in this day and age. At any rate, if someone can do something better, please volunteer to do so; otherwise, please thank the volunteer (Emily) for doing the great job she does each week and be grateful for the time she gives of herself to help the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2007, 06:02 AM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just to let you know that YOU ROCK Emily!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 06:02 AM   #90  
Die Cut Diva

Pam Scwartz: amen!

A big THANK YOU to Emily, a busy mom, who I think works out of the house, also (?) for running the CC's. I can't always play, but I love the way she posts the information and examples; and I love the ideas.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2007, 06:04 AM   #91  
Stazon Splitcoast

I along with the others for today's postings had no idea there was even an issue. I barely get a chance to make the daily challenges due to my boys' inconsistant naps. However, I love to check them out. It not only helps me with getting wonderful ideas, but it also brodens my ideas. I lookf forward to not only the challenges, but the wonderful cards everyone makes. I am very grateful to even know about this site, and all the hard work that everyone does to keep it running and sharing all these wonderful ideas.
I wanted to let you know that your time and creativity are greatly appriciated.

Thanks so much!!!
Manda ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2007, 06:39 AM   #92  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Okay, I came into the challenge forum today to see if I might have time to do one today, and I find this thread. Now I haven't read where the complaints are and have no idea who made you feel this way. BUT,

This makes me sick. I just don't understand the entitlement mentality that is so prevalent anymore. Sheesh, you ran it the best you could, and should never have to apologize for a thing. You are a volunteer, Emily. If someone does not care for the way something is done then they should step up to the plate and provide some relief for the countless hours that the mods devote ALL FOR FREE AND ON THEIR OWN TIME, which takes away from time spent with their family and friends, and frankly, their stamp desk.

Sheesh..........

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2007, 07:08 AM   #93  
Wish RAK Coordinator

All I can say Emily is WOW! I personally think that the time that all you volunteers put into SCS on a daily basis is huge and I really appreciate it greatly. It is too bad that one person has to sour something that is so special to everyone else. I really hope that you don't let this one person ruin something that everyone else really appreciates - because based on all the comments - we do! I lurked around here for a long time before I actually uploaded a card or made comments and it was because of these challenges that you and others make possible for us that I went outside my comfort zone and challenged myself - which is what I think this is about, not about a prize. The comments alone keep me going

Basically I think you ROCK!

Thank you for all that you do,
Lisa

My little gallery

Avatar is my two furry babies - Jedi and Maddi

Reply With Quote Likes