Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-05-2022, 08:30 AM   #1  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Question Organizations for 2023 Missions

I am working on the list of missions for 2023. Do you have an organization in mind that is near and dear to your heart which send cards to those in need? Please post contact information in this thread or send me a private message with their information. I'm looking for specific organizations.

Thanks!!

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2022, 07:45 AM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Hi Kerry,

Are you looking for new recipient organizations or are you interested in revisiting groups that C4AC has donated to before?

Thanks,
Becca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2022, 09:21 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 671 Likes on 449 Posts

Sorry I don't have any specific orgs to recommend, Kerry. But if, at some point, you are looking to fill in some months, I wonder if some of the orgs listed in our Ongoing Missions could use a bit of attention? Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2022, 12:11 PM   #4  
SCS RAK Coordinator

I am looking for new organizations. I am pretty sure I will including some groups from the past, but I can look up their information from the old posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapperBeccaView Post
Hi Kerry,

Are you looking for new recipient organizations or are you interested in revisiting groups that C4AC has donated to before?

Thanks,
Becca

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2022, 12:14 PM   #5  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Yes, I agree that some of the ongoing missions could be a featured organization and I am pretty sure I will be using some of previously featured missions as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieinOCView Post
Sorry I don't have any specific orgs to recommend, Kerry. But if, at some point, you are looking to fill in some months, I wonder if some of the orgs listed in our Ongoing Missions could use a bit of attention? Just a thought.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2022, 05:22 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for following up. I had asked because I was reviewing my info on the groups we've supported over the last couple of years to see which ones I sent more cards to.

For me personally, I enjoy sending out a variety of themes of cards, including birthday, thank you, sympathy and thinking of you cards. Admittedly, I do struggle with the organizations that request personalized cards....I find those months to be particularly challenging and awkward. This is just my perspective - I am impressed by the folks who enjoy making personalized cards, and I do believe there is great value in supporting these groups and their recipients. I also mean no offense to any of our terrific crafters who hold these groups near and dear to their hearts. Those are just the months that I am less likely to participate in. I did push out of my comfort zone this year with one of the military groups, but I really struggled with how to personalize the cards in a way that felt 'right'.

This is just my own personal challenge. I do not expect you to tailor the listings to a single opinion, but if you are looking for feedback on where we might contribute, that is one factor to consider. I was unsure if I should post anything, but I haven't seen much traffic on this thread and thought you might appreciate the feedback.

Thanks for continuing to keep the group going and for finding great groups for us to support in 2023! I know it's a lot of work, and I appreciate all you do to give us opportunities to share cards.

Have a wonderful holiday!
Becca

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleflowersView Post
I am looking for new organizations. I am pretty sure I will including some groups from the past, but I can look up their information from the old posts.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by ScrapperBecca:
JR23 (02-08-2023), MarieKarsner (01-14-2023), Stamp Wizard (12-21-2022), susie718 (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 01:07 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I feel the same way as Becca about being unsure about writing out cards. Although I do have a paragraph I wrote on my computer and printed for Bring Smles to Seniors and one for military personnel which I tape inside and then sign my fist name and city and state.
i wrote to another group in which I’ve donated cards a few times to see if they’d be interested, but I haven’t heard back from them.
thanks for coordinating this, Kerry!! ❤️
Susie
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by susie718:
JR23 (02-08-2023), ScrapperBecca (12-09-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 07:21 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Becca, I'm glad you started this conversation because you said what I feel. I love making blank cards that can be used by the organization but having to write personalized messages makes me less likely to participate. I did do the military but probably would have done more if I had not had to write in them. Like Susie, I had one message I used in all of them, but it was still time consuming to write each of them out since I wasn't clever enough to type them (thanks for the "head smack" idea Susie). I, too, admire those of you who are able to do this. I know my friend's mother started many friendships and correspondences with military personnel over the years because she was one of those types. So, yes, it holds a great appeal for some.

I'm sorry Kerry I don't have any new orgs for you either. I was so happy to find this group because I really struggled to find groups to donate my extra cards on my own. Even my local nursing homes were not interested when I offered them. I was a frequent contributor to Operation Write Home and miss that opportunity a great deal; but you have filled that void with all these wonderful and varied organizations. So adding my thanks for keeping this group alive. And while I'm at, I just want to say thanks to all of you who participate here. I am amazed at the quantities of cards you lovingly produce. You all rock!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by DebbieinOC:
JR23 (02-08-2023), ScrapperBecca (12-09-2022), susie718 (12-15-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 09:42 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I am so glad to read these posts about writing messages inside. I though I was the only one who had such a difficult time doing this. I so enjoy creating cards and to be able to donate to organizations that can use them is well a win win situation. I remember when I purchased cards and would spend so much time reading the greeting to make sure it was perfect for the recipient that I am hesitant to write to someone I don't know. I was also a contributor to Operation Write Home for many years and I loved doing that and was so happy to find Cards for a Cause. I thank Kerry for keeping this wonderful site operating and to a very wonderful 2023. What ever organizations may be featured I will do my best to contribute to them all.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by rainykay:
JR23 (02-08-2023), ScrapperBecca (12-09-2022), susie718 (12-15-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 07:20 AM   #10  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. Lesson learned! I struggled writing the personal notes too. Ugh! I will focus on finding organizations that prefer at most only a signature, or unsigned cards.

My Gallery

Last edited by purpleflowers; 12-29-2022 at 11:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
desertdeb (12-30-2022)
Old 12-30-2022, 11:24 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Looking forward to participating-when might the January cause be posted?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2023, 10:21 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Quote:

Thanks for following up. I had asked because I was reviewing my info on the groups we've supported over the last couple of years to see which ones I sent more cards to.

For me personally, I enjoy sending out a variety of themes of cards, including birthday, thank you, sympathy and thinking of you cards. Admittedly, I do struggle with the organizations that request personalized cards....I find those months to be particularly challenging and awkward. ....
Becca
I agree. There are times I don't submit to those organizations because ... well ... because I just have SO much trouble writing words on a card for someone I don't know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2023, 09:31 AM   #13  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I wanted to add something to the conversation about adding personal messages. I am the recipient for cards going to Operation Quiet Comfort for our troops which is a previous featured organization. Yes, I do ask for a personal message but the message doesn't have to be long or too personal. It can be a simple "thank you for your service" or just Thank you and signed with your first name/city and state. A printed message attached to the insider works fine. You can stamp Thank you inside and just sign the card with first name/city/state. We want our troops to know that support comes from all over the U.S.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by DLS881:
adopted2 (01-25-2023), DebbieinOC (03-14-2023), JR23 (02-08-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 09:37 AM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Kerry - is there a list of upcoming Cards for a Cause Missions? I will be under some time constraints for the rest of the year and I'd love to be able to plan ahead for the organizations that are coming up.
Reply With Quote Likes
ScrapperBecca (06-26-2023)
Old 06-26-2023, 11:02 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

I am also interested in a 'look ahead' to upcoming causes so that I can best utilize the time I have to make donation cards. Kerry, is this possible?

Thanks,
Becca

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ldumont999View Post
Kerry - is there a list of upcoming Cards for a Cause Missions? I will be under some time constraints for the rest of the year and I'd love to be able to plan ahead for the organizations that are coming up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Ldumont999 (06-26-2023)
Old 06-26-2023, 10:07 PM   #16  
SCS RAK Coordinator

If I had a list I would gladly post it but I got no suggestions for organizations when I asked last November, so I have had to find places. It has been more challenging than I anticipated.

I do know that Operation Quiet Comfort will be the mission for September with a special request for Christmas cards.

If you have suggestions for future missions, PLEASE let me know.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2023, 03:24 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

If I had a list I would gladly post it but I got no suggestions for organizations when I asked last November, so I have had to find places. It has been more challenging than I anticipated.

I do know that Operation Quiet Comfort will be the mission for September with a special request for Christmas cards.

Thanks for the heads up for September. I love making cards, and have found no local places to share them with. BUT... I'm going to make an extra effort to visit a few organizations in this area to see if I can drum up a few names for you. Thank you for all you do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2023, 02:54 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for following up! I do know of at least one organization we can help out..... I volunteer at my local animal shelter. 2 or 3 years ago, they were one of the monthly recipients for our Cards for a Cause donations and were incredibly grateful for our contributions. I have continued to make cards in smaller batches for them, but I connected with our volunteer coordinator and they would love to receive an influx of cards again. If you'd be interested in selecting them to be a recipient, I can happily get you the information for the organization.

I know of a couple other groups that I support locally that I will check with. I think the number of cards we make might be too many for what they'd be looking for, but I will check just in case they can use them beyond the capacity that I currently send in.

I know finding groups and organizing the monthly missions is a very challenging task, and I appreciate all you do to keep finding recipients for our cards!

Thanks!
Becca

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by ScrapperBecca:
DebbieinOC (07-01-2023), Ldumont999 (07-01-2023)
Old 07-01-2023, 05:25 PM   #19  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Yes, please PM me the contact info.
Thanks!!

Quote:

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for following up! I do know of at least one organization we can help out..... I volunteer at my local animal shelter. 2 or 3 years ago, they were one of the monthly recipients for our Cards for a Cause donations and were incredibly grateful for our contributions. I have continued to make cards in smaller batches for them, but I connected with our volunteer coordinator and they would love to receive an influx of cards again. If you'd be interested in selecting them to be a recipient, I can happily get you the information for the organization.

I know of a couple other groups that I support locally that I will check with. I think the number of cards we make might be too many for what they'd be looking for, but I will check just in case they can use them beyond the capacity that I currently send in.

I know finding groups and organizing the monthly missions is a very challenging task, and I appreciate all you do to keep finding recipients for our cards!

Thanks!
Becca

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2023, 10:17 AM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Kerry,
I sent the information to you privately today.
Thanks for considering them!
Becca

Quote:

Yes, please PM me the contact info.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2023, 11:27 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Hi Kerry,
I sent the information to you privately today.
Thanks for considering them!
Becca
Becca, thanks for doing this. I think it's so difficult to find orgs for this project so this is wonderful of you.

Kerry, Thank you so so much for all your hard work keeping this mission going. I know it is much appreciated by many. Hugs.
Reply With Quote Likes
ScrapperBecca (07-10-2023)
Old 08-03-2023, 03:40 PM   #22  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone tell me more about what Operation Quiet Comfort will need in Sept? I'd like to get started.
Reply With Quote Likes