Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-07-2016, 07:36 AM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts
Default The Stamproom is closing

Sigh. Too many! Very sad. I really hate losing the little independents most....

The Stamproom is a little company down in FL-Kina carries foreign companies like Livinia and Designs by Ryn, etc. Always had a good sale on something each month. Very nice to deal with.

Anyway-Kina didnt say why, but she is closing up and there will be 40% off till she does.

http://www.thestamproom.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2016, 12:42 PM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 40% off is great, and still a good selection of stuff left. However, owner does not communicate with you. I never heard anything about my order, even though I sent several emails asking for a status. I finally got my order several days ago and it was missing three items (in addition to the two that were sold out and finally refunded after I put a stop payment on my Paypal due to not hearing from them for two weeks). I have sent several emails, and again, no contact from the owner. I do not care if the amount is refunded or the stamps are sent along... everyone makes mistakes/oversights. However, I think it is pretty poor customer service to not communicate with your online customers, and I wonder if this might be the reason the shop has not been successful. Of course, since I have already put in one dispute on the case with Paypal, and marked it as complete so she could refund the money for the sold out stamps, I can't put in another one. [sigh]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2016, 08:11 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

So we should steer clear? The discount is 50% off now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2016, 12:40 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Default Proceed At Your Own Risk

I would say to just be aware that you will not have any communication with the owner about timing or missing items or anything. I still do not have an email from her about how she is going to redress my missing stamps. I will send another one today. I find this very frustrating. I owned an online craft supply store at one time and I think the most important thing is communicating with your customers. This is especially important for online shoppers... they are not seeing your face or the products. They have to rely on you to keep them informed because they are not seeing you put their items in a bag and handing you the receipt. That being said, the discount is very attractive... so, just proceed at your own risk!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2016, 06:15 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

This is surprising to me. I never had any problems with her. She didnt ship the fastest but orders came whole. The one time I had emailed her looking for a stamp someone said they had gotten from her last year, but I wasnt seeing it- she was very quick to answer. (she had never even heard of it but promised to keep an eye out)

My last order was when she first announced (and I posted this) and that came fine.

I am sorry you had that experience, esp if you went with my recommendation. eek. I agree-communication is very important.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2016, 06:27 PM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Yeah... I wouldn't have posted if it had just been the one time... maybe she was on holiday or whatever. But now that it is happening again... and I am out about $12.00... well, I just thought folks might want to know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2016, 09:40 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

As of today, the discount is 50%. I did check the site, but it appears most of what's current today is gone. Plus, she has, I think pretty high shipping costs. From the comments above, I'm glad I didn't place an order.
DO U KNOW?
BRAK members love to send SCSers cards on their birthdays? Come join us.

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there
is no path and leave a trail." ... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2016, 05:40 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to agree. I placed an order with the Stamproom because of the sale. It was my first order and I am not happy. I got a partial refund via PayPal with no note to explain why. My order still showed all items as in stock; same on the website. I then emailed, called and left a message. I wrote and said that I was concerned that items that I ordered and appeared in stock were not and that I wanted to know which ones as I may not want to proceed. I ordered around 7 or 8 items, mostly unmounted stamps, but I paid $7.00 for shipping. Instead of a reply, explanation or opportunity to cancel, i got a shipping notification (still showing all items I ordered)--it was going through regardless! I only later got a call from the owner telling me she could not tell what items she had in stock, still doesn't know what was mailed to me (or not saying) and told me to wait and see what arrives. That was so galling. I told her that was not right given the shipping cost and my email + message. She said that was a minimum priority shipping cost. I never asked for expedited shipping and I placed my order on the 20th and only got the confirmation email yesterday eve. After some complaining she hesitantly asked me if I wanted a full refund of the shipping cost, which I didn't ask for (I suggested a reduced shipping cost, which is the least she could have offered/done). Needless to say I am not pleased. I have yet to know or see what will arrive. I will update when it does.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2016, 02:19 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

She finally sent me an email... a week and a half after my contact. She said she will be sending the missing stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes