Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-12-2004, 10:12 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In search of AWESOME Seattle Area SU Demo...

I have had two really badddddddddddddddd ones in my short stamping life (3 years), one that left halfway into the party becuase, "well it looks like you guys know what you are doing, why don't I just come back in a hour and a half or so. You can call me if you have any questions on any of the projects..." The other, we deemed the "Stamp Nazi", and I'll just leave it at that. No warm fuzzy feelings from her. So you can see my dilemma. I am even considering becoming SU demo, but am looking for a quality one first to host another party maybe early next year.

Can anyone help?!!!

Abby
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2004, 10:23 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Where about in the Seattle area are you? There is several great demos there that are very active on this board, pjbstamper (Bellevue), Kirstenk (Milton), KLogan (Bothell; can't remember for sure if she is a demo or not!), stampingrma (Puyallup), EllenH (Issaquah?), Graxchic (can't remember where in Seattle she is but she is an awesome stamper!), etc. etc. Good luck, I am sure you will hit gold with this board!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2004, 10:54 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

I'm in Shoreline.

Whoever you choose, you should probably contact them and see if you can either attend their next workshop or an event at their house. That way you can "try before you buy..." :-)

I have had enough problems in the past with 'bad' demos in other businesses, that I would shop around to find a demo that I was comfortable with!

Good luck!

Stampin' Up! demonstrator with a website!

What Can Lightbulb Do For You?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2004, 11:00 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Seattle Area Demo

I have been a Stampin' Up demo for over 5 years. I work in North Seattle (Between Northgate and Ballard), hold monthly Stamp Camps in Lynnwood (Just off 164th), and live in Marysville (5 minutes north of Everett).

I do not charge for in-home workshops and do 1-2 hands-on projects depending in the difficulty of the project, size of the group, and time. I will travel from Seattle to Mt. Vernon and the Eastside to Issaquah. I even did a workshop in Silverdale.

I also have monthly Demonstrator Support meetings in Lynnwood the 2nd Monday of each month and a Stop & Stamp for demonstrators the 4th Monday and at least 1 free Girls Night Out for customers each month. I allow orphaned demonstrators without local support to attend my meetings. Each months we have a business builder (this month was pearl ex charts), a workshop wow, product demonstration, scrapbook corner, and make & take. About 10 local area demonstrators attend this meeting and if you are interested you can attend one of the meetings as my guest to see if your personality matches any on the demonstrators attending. They travel from Marysville to Seattle to attend my meetings.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Blessings,

Donna Ekstrom
[email protected]
donna.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2004, 11:28 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I thank you for the vote of confidence Laurie I would like to believe that I am an AWESOME demonstrator - what I can say is that I love to stamp, I love to teach other's new stamping tricks and I most of all love to have fun! I sent you a private message Abby - and again I would like to encourage you as the others have here to explore your options! You definitely deserve to have a fun time when you are together with your friends and it's great to learn new things too.

As I posted in my private message I have an awesome up-line that meets regularly and so if that is the road you would choose I can assure you of a fantastic support system. Best of luck in your search and again if I can be of any help I will do my best help your quest turn into a happy ending!

Best wishes,
EllenH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2004, 11:59 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

I vote for Ellen...I think she's the best. She sent me a card just because I begged her for it! What a gal! ;)

my blog | the hybrid chick
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2004, 12:20 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

My demo is AWESOME (yes, you are Sara, stop blushing if you are reading this). She just donated ALL of her profits from October to Breast Cancer Research!!! She's in Renton, if you are anywhere near there PM me and I'll see how you might contact her.

I think another important thing is to find a demo that lives close to you. My first couple experiences with demos living 45-60 minutes away didn't work out well at all.

Good Luck,
Anita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2004, 12:34 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurie FW
KLogan (Bothell; can't remember for sure if she is a demo or not!),
Yes...I am a demonstrator (mostly hobby, though). I offer monthly classes in my home and do occasional workshops in customer's homes. I live in north Bothell (close to Mill Creek). If you want to contact me, just message me privately! :-)

Kathy Logan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2004, 12:29 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Laurie Fw - thank you for mentioning me but, in all honesty, I would chose someone else since I'm not very reliable. I've scheduled a stampin' event for my customers** and then forget all about it. Besides, at the end of this quarter, I'll most likely be on pending status and then dropped at the end of January.

AbbySteiner - I also think it's a good idea to shop around to find a demo that you like and respect. For the record, I agree with Laurie FW that grafxchix is an awesome stamper. I know she lived in Kirkland but for some reason, I think she moved somewhere else in the Seattle area.

** my customers = Me, Myself & I
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2004, 03:20 PM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live up in Bellingham.....so thats probably too far for you.....I have met Ellen H.....SHE IS THE BOMB!! I would totally call her. I would call pam too......except she just said she wasn't doing it any more. :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2004, 10:34 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Thanks for all the help...

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I truly apprecaite it. I have been in contact with Ellen and have viewed her Gallery....AWESOME! Again, thank you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2004, 10:38 AM   #12  
Glitter Queen

I am a Stampin' Up! demo, located in Maple Valley Washington. Maple Valley is about 30 minutes from Seattle (depending on traffic of course). It is located 10 miles southwest of Renton.

If I can be of service, please let me know.

-- Susy Vetter
sfv1297
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2004, 08:44 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

grafxchix is awesome. She does wonderful work. She lives in monroe now. She is my upline. Very friendly.
Happy holidays
Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes